Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 10-02-2013, 02:25 PM

I saw it online somewhere..and figured out the math...the squares on the sides get cut off to make the sides straight...I'l refigure it out & email the figures to you...any one else want them???just email me..no PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM

Great MBs this month!!

I thought you would enjoy seeing where the airplane quilt went. Last weekend the owner of the quilt and plane (in picture) won the 1st place trophy at 2013 US National Aerobatic Championships (in Texas). He called tonight to tell us thank you again.
Attached Thumbnails aaron-plane1.jpg   aaron-close-up2.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Anne, I love the MB Jeanie made for you. Are those called 30's fabrics or are those repros? I don't know them but I like them. Great table runners--that's my "go to" pattern when I need a quick gift. Love your colors.

QE, Anne made you a great block in my favorite colors. What a nice assortment you have--they look so nice all together. I haven't kept up with the 6" twins; made 3 and put them in The Box That Shall Never Be Opened.

Carrie, your Airplane quilt is awesome and I love the pic! Your friend must be thrilled with it.

Work the next 2 days so I'll catch up with yinz on the week-end when I'm not watching my Pittsburgh Pirates play in the NL Championship series--I'm so excited!! First time in 20 years--Go Bucs!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Oh Carrie, that is so cool!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Have a cooker of apples on the stove to make some apple butter tomorrow. Picked another 4 bags of apples today. Took one up to the Amish carpenter who fixed DH's Great Aunt GG's glider rocker. Was pleased with his repair job too and now I can glide away in my declining years--just don't plan on starting that too soon!!! But shoulders are sure sore from reaching up and picking! Now to spend time putting things back in the sewing area tonight before I call it a day. Then must start on my MB.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
I saw it online somewhere..and figured out the math...the squares on the sides get cut off to make the sides straight...I'l refigure it out & email the figures to you...any one else want them???just email me..no PM..
Honchey ... I'm guessing you are taikng about the runners?
Must be quite the challenge to do the backing with all those pointed corners!

CarrieM ... how nice that you got it done, before he won the National Championships!! WOW!!! You'll be famous for that one! I forget the story ... did you do it as a surprise for him? or did he commission you to make it? Such a special quilt for you to have made.

JanRN ... I KNEW You would approve of Honchey's choices!!

OKSGlad .... mmmmmmm delicious apple butter! Years ago I made it in my crock pot!

Just found out today that I have a bunch of apples coming my way on Friday. Looks like we are all enjoying the abundance this year!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:31 PM

Beautiful quilt Carrie, and to win the Championships too

Now back to work for me, have the binding on the star quilt now borders are going on the bed runner then I hope to get it quilted this afternoon, nothing fancy just straight lines
Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 PM

I went ta the old house again taday. I think We'll be through by Sat. I sure hope so anyway! I'm "sittin' " on ice again tanight. We did git another room done taday! #2DSon came & helped ta clean his room. It sure went faster w/3 o' us doin' it.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:48 PM

Jan--sorry about the extra days at work! I think the fabrics in Honchey's newest block are either 30s or 40s repros...the 40s tend to be the more primary colors.

QE--the airplane quilt was a surprise. My husband asked me to make it for him...he's one of my husband's closest friends.

Apples, apples, apples! Looks like everyone has apples to tend to. My MIL made a pie for me...yummy!

Mirabelle--you are moving right along on the blue star project! Keep it up.

I have used this runner pattern many times (similar to Honchey's): http://quiltbug.com/free/table-topper.htm
Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Yes, Mirabelle, the long sides are straight...they both need to be trimmed...