Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
OOoooohhhh TOOTHY BABIES!!! that Pic just made my day

RE the WINTER Olympics! I am enjoying every minute! we are just a LITTLE bit obsessed in our snowy state
And such talented athletes this year!!
I have to laugh every time I see this picture! I love Bram and his two teeth He has more but doesn't show them!

Mirabelle, gorgeous block! 12" square? QuiltE is right, that would make a gorgeous quilt
Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Hey it's warming up a bit here--just above freezing!
Four small quilts for church charity--check. They all have high loft batting so are really cushy. A big thanks again for the flathead pins, QNS. They worked great holding the self binding in place as I sewed them down.
Now back to some mini's.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 AM

You are most welcome, OksewGlad, for the pins. I looked at them long and hard and thought "Quilters can always use pins"....so I put them back for the quilters I knew. I think its great what you are doing for others; as many on this site do for others also....desire a big hug...so a {[(Hug)]} for those who so generously donate to the worthwhile causes.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:43 PM

Anael....great picture of the Grands! What a difference a year makes, huh?
Mirabelle...beautiful block. Will nicely show off on the new stand.
DD...enjoy your sister time.
Goals are good for me. I would have forgotten the borders for Ocean Waves if I hadn't written it down. Got them all cut today and I like how they are turning out.
Here is this week's star. [ATTACH=CONFIG]462134[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-53.jpg  
Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM

Oh my gosh, you guys have been really chatty the last few days. I have been reading all my threads for over an hour! We just got home from our Rally with our RV group. We had wonderful weather - mid 70's all week - such luck for a February trip, when we never know what to expect in the way of weather! I have to finish up my last MB and get it in the mail. I'll do that tomorrow! Wouldn't you know it - the block did not match up in the middle like it was suppose too, have to take it apart and re-do it! Darn!

Great blocks everyone, and Anael - those photos of the SewGrands are wonderful. Such happy looking babies!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:00 PM

Just catching up with everyone...lots going on. Good to hear from so many the last few days. I am thankful for a little warmer weather today. Even got to the clubhouse for a little bit to do some straightening up. I will have time to sew tomorrow afternoon.

I got my new laptop and am getting things set up, installed, etc. I was able to get the Mac downloads from quilt-pro, which is really good since I don't have all of my 50 stars printed out yet and the one PC we still have won't work with our printer! My only quilt program I haven't tried to install yet is the EQ Dear Jane one...I know it is for Windows OS, so need to install another program to run it through or something like that. I am not ready to use it just yet and will get to it later. I figure I'll learn the new computer first!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 PM

Hey Ya'll! Lots agoin' on. I got QE's MB in the mail taday. WOW it's lovely.
My DSis was over & my MB's were out. She was askin' about the layout & kinda got excited about 'em. She & I also went inta my sewin' room & discussed how we are gonna git it arraigned. She & I have several ideas on how ta git it tagether. I also told her that this year is gonna be a quiltin' year. Actual quiltin' o' a ton o' my UFO tops.
I still haven't heard a thing from the DR. I haven't hurt since Sun. Hmmm or was it Mon? I feel like my trip was canceled for nothin'! I'm so frustrated!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:05 AM

QNS I am glad you got the e-mail ---eventually ---- maybe cyber space was taking a day off

DDamsel I hope you enjoy the Paleo Diet, I have been doing something very similar for the past 3 months and have lost 9.5 kilos or 20 lbs. I do attend the Weight Watchers meetings but don't follow their guidelines, I go more for the weekly weigh-in. It is not easy giving up bread and pasta but after a while you don't miss it.

GGal I love your block, the fabric is perfect and look at those points, wow and its a star, my favourite blocks

Bev do take care, even if you are feeling better.

JeanieG and Carriem - nice to hear from both of you

I have spent the day at patchwork, left home at 7am, got there at 8.30 cause I had to hit all the morning commuter traffic and all I managed to sew all day was one star block. Got home around 4.30 this afternoon and now I am tired and ready for bed. So I will catch you all tomorrow.
Have a good evening/morning/afternoon where ever you are
Old 02-14-2014, 05:42 AM

We have new snow this morning....just when the ground was peaking through on the place...it really covered it up again. Sigh. Well, its not Spring yet. Dh off to the dentist this morning for the last of the gum work. Yes, he drove the 4 x 4.

You all take care and stay safe.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:44 AM

Good morning, everyone. I've been reading for the past hour and catching up on all the posts. What a wonderful way to start the day. I feel like I've been to breakfast with all my good friends. I'm glad everyone is doing well and oh, so busy. Lots of pics & news to catch up on.

It's Friday morning and I am NOT working--Yay!! We hired (another) new girl; actually she worked there before so needed very little training. Work has actually been boring (read normal LOL) without addicts, strippers, and baby mama dramas. Keep your fingers crossed that this one works out and I can continue just working on Mondays only.

It's snowing here again so this is a good day to stay in and get caught up on chores and then hopefully get to the Bat Cave. Gosh, I miss sewing everyday! Stay warm & do something you love today--after all, it's Valentine's Day.