Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-12-2014, 03:27 AM

Anael the SAS is 5 x 2 1/2 inches, I printed the pattern for it from the CD, there are quite a few alternate sashings you can choose from. I am pp'ing them, so if I do a few at a time it won't be such a huge job at the end.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

DublB ... your sister is a lucky lady to have such a great BIL to buy you what you want, so you can gift her a machine. Does t his new machine do any new "tricks" for you that your old ones do not?

MiraB ....... oh such sweet eye candy! The SAS is going to be a great way to tie all those blocks together.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM

Dubib...what is the Dr's report? Are you feeling better?
Mirabelle...great DJ blocks.
QuiltE...I have stayed home all week. It's been below zero 3 mornings in a row so staying home made sense for me. I'm doing up left-overs from my Ocean Waves and needed lots of flying geese so I did those yesterday using the square method. Just have to cut them apart as I need them. Today I make another star for my star quilt and everything is current but the month isn't over so there is still plenty to do. Found a really good looking quilt this morning. http://storefront.unitednotions.com/...ber=1369.00258. All of the Front Porch fabrics are on that site too. I've never purchased a kit before but just might do this one.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:41 AM

It was good to hear from GrannyQ, Janie, and Dublb. Guess JanRN is very busy. Good to hear from GardenGal and that she is coping with the cold weather. Mirabelle is off and running again...she may finish Dear Jane in six months or less.

I have studied the book a bit more....so much to learn in Dear Jane. I can/have now print off the blocks, templates and rotary cutting instructions for an eight and half block from A-1 to B-13. I think I can be comfortable in this size. Received new shipment from QOTS; again, beautiful fabrics. Just have two done in fabrics from the first shipment, so I am behind the schedule.

It is on a warming trend now, hoping my shoulder and arm will get to feeling better along with my arthritis so I can sew more comfortably...doing the SYE, 50 Fab Stars, Sylvia and DJ. And TW...love to work on that again. Dh has appointments on Thursday and Friday, but he can drive to them in U. and back home again. I am going to assist him a bit, bringing down lumber from overhead, so he can work more on garage storage. We agreed to put a shelf up high for the cats to climb up to, in hopes they will stay off the other shelving...and won't knock things to the floor. All the shelves have a 'ridge' much like they do in building boat galleries to keep the plates from falling off the tables.

Everyone have a warm and safe day. Celebrate the day; it will be gone tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... I haven't been going out anymore than I have had to! Thankfully right now most of my WORK is work-from-home so I can stay put more. Even have been avoiding the grocery store a lot with some interesting meals as I eat from the freezer and use up some of that stockpile!! Looks like you will be a pro at applique by the time you are finished that Front Porch quilt. I looked around and fell in love with this ...
http://storefront.unitednotions.com/...&emailAddress=
scroll down to the geraniums!

QNSue ... Remember? JanRN told us she was back to work again, so won't be here playing so much for awhile! Glad you and DJ have come to an agreement. By switching your block sizes to 8-1/2", will you cancel your two DJ BOMs? and go with your stash fabrics? Take care of your arm and shoulder.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Here;s a picture my DDIL posted on facebook today

Old 02-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Delightful pictures, Anael! That will brighten up the day here.

Still deciding, QuiltE, what the next step is in DJ; will do more lessons, I think, to learn more before I decide too much. Oh, the joys of getting to stay home...I have been opposed to going out in all that cold weather unless I really, really have to do something very important. I can do FART Trips right on my computer (when$$ appear in budge!); food is stockpiled in the house and garage....enough for three to four months. True, we may get tired of some of it, or its not what we might chose for the day's meal, but its all good food stored to eat. The more I stay home, the more gas we save and also save $$$. Its amazing.

Helped dh in the garage to get down more shelf boards, and move empty jars back in place to be used this summer. He is re-discovering things on his tool side, getting things organized and located and plans for more shelving there. He just might get his work shop all done by summer!

DD is going to visit in April; Mo friend is coming in March, but we will sew together while she is here for the week. Lot to look forward to in the spring...its coming, its coming, its coming!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Oh look at those SewGrands smiling and laughing away!
So Sweet!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics with us ... just think about how different things were a year ago.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:15 PM

Today a year ago Isa reached the 1 kilo milestone!! Now she's 7.4 kilos, Bram 6.9. They're doing great!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:34 PM

Anael such a beautiful photo, shared it with DH this morning. just want to give them a big cuddle

QNS I sent you an e-mail, should have read this thread first. it is great that you have been able to print the patterns at the size you are more comfortable with.

GGal that is a beautiful quilt, look forward to seeing your progress with it (should you take the plunge and purchase it)

Stay safe and warm everyone