Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 PM

LOL - My block to DD is called Wonky Wishes. It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern, and it is suppose to be wonky! I did not want anyone to think that I actually sent DD a block that was so "off" in the star department!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Jeanie, we would never dreamed of you doing that 'cause that is what I excellent at! I think you choose your colors well.

Merry Christmas everyone. Watch the mail after Christmas 'cause I am hopeful I will get to the PO Monday morning.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:26 PM

Happy Birthday Anael, hope you have a wonderful day. I don't know what to say about your mishap, take a break and do something else maybe..

DDamsel I am so happy you liked your block, and you will be in my prayers as you deal with your illness. I really like your idea of small quilts for your children and I am sure they know that you love them.

It has started to rain here which means the humidity level has just risen so I am going to sit under the fan and hand sew the binding on the Bargello. It is a bit early in the day to turn the air-con on. Will post a pic when it is finished.

WooHoo surprises from QNS after Christmas, what a wonderful way to start off the New Year.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:51 PM

DD I"m not sure when ya will git ta see this post but I'm gonna send prayers & huggs your way. One o' my DD's Dr told her a few years ago that she might have Chronic Epstein Barr, but she moved & married a Navy man & was at the mercy o' base Dr.'s. I'm hopin' that now that her DH is outta the Navy her new Dr.'s will figure out what is wrong w/her. The Nave Dr's did say that she does have fibromyalgia & I hope that that's all that is wrong. (She's always broke & in pain.) Chronic pain will drag ya down real quick so again huggs & prayers.
I do love both o' your MB's. They are quite lovely.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

♫♪Happy Birthday Anael!!!♪♫
Hope you celebrated in a way that was special to you!! .... and that it got better after that big disappointment with the quilting. I am sure there are just too many stitches to even think of reverse sewing/

CarrieM ...
Productive Lady ... and I bet you "feel" so much better to have been able to do that sewing! Glad your power is back on ... and hope that mine does not go off as I have no alternate heat.

QNSue ... you now have me smiling thinking of your cat "skating" on your car!

DDamsel ... Oh no, no internet!! On the upside, more time for Christmas with the kids .......... and maybe some sewing for you? I like your idea of the journal notes in your pattern book and then creating 4-small DJs for your kids!! Four treasures of memories for you as you stitch and for them, as they watch you make them. Make sure they know your "plan" as it will have more meaning for them as you work on it, knowing it will be their "forever" quilt, someday! {{{HUGS}}} to you as you keep dealing with EBV.

DDamsel, JeanieG and MiraB .... great blocks! Some more splashes of colour for DDs quilt!

Ice has started here too.
Wicked weekend in the forecast here
......... guess I will just have to stay home and sew!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG ... THANK YOU!!!!!!!! you are a hero!! ... I made your Crock Pot Potatoes today as a practice round for Christmas Day!! DELICIOUS! and seemed much easier than making the traditional way. They were a hit today when I had a friend for lunch and I am sure will be on Christmas Day.

*hint* ... when the potatoes were almost cooked, I set some leftover turkey I had in the freezer in on top, sitting in a piece of foil. Wasn't long til the turkey was heated up, very moist and almost as good as fresh cooked!!!

Win-Win with your recipe!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Happy B-day ta Anael (even if it's over by now.) I sure hope ya got the quiltin' mess fixed.

It's rainin'!!! A nice slow rain all day long!!! It's not even gonna freeze!
I had a crazy day!!! First I had ta git up early 'cause the dishwasher guy was comin' ta fix my dishwasher. Well he didn't fix it, he said that he had ta orer a new control panel. It might or might not be in by Christmas. I did git some extra chores done by bein' up that early. At lunch DH & I test drove another truck. I'm hpin' he will buy it but I don't think he will. It's gonna be his truck so it's his decision. We left there late so I was late gittin' ta my DDIL's house. I took care o' my DGSon's while she went ta Procuts ta git her haircut. The baby slept for an hour but the toddler & I played hard. When the baby woke up all 3 o' us played hard. When DDIL came home both o' 'em became fussy at her. I think I wore 'em out. I know they wore me out. LOL Then I rushed over ta my DSis's ta talk about her about a fleece applique blanket she is makin'. (She smoked 2 cigarettes in an inclosed room while I was there & I'm wheezin' now.) Then it was 5:00 & DH & I needed ta go & pick up #2DSon's car from the body shop. We got it home & then warmed up leftovers. Now I'm so tired I can hardly move.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:14 PM

Happy Birthday Anael!, Sorry this is late in the day or should I say evening

Pretty Blocks being shown...Sorry about you not feeling well D_D.

Where's the recipe for the Crock Pot Potatoes?

I had a very busy day.. My Youngest "kid" got sent home from school today and I was the only person available for part of the day....I had DH bring in the Christmas tree from the shed and the little animals that manage to get in there had a fine time living in it for the past year...I was almost tempted to go get a real one ...changed my mind & got another artificial one and put it up tonite... I am tired...
Old 12-20-2013, 06:27 PM

DH would love a real tree but I'm highly allergic. He'll threaten ta git a real one every once in a while but all it takes ta change his mind is for me ta walk w/in a few feet o' a real tree & my asthma will change his mind every time.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Here you go Anne:

Slow-Cooked Garlic Smashed Potatoes

No peeling, no boiling! Just add potatoes to the slow cooker with the other ingredients, and mash them a few hours later!

3 lb small red potatoes
4 ea garlic cloves
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chives & onion cream cheese
1/4 cup milk, (1/4 to 1/2)

1. Halve or quarter potatoes as necessary to make similar-sized pieces. Place in 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add finely chopped garlic, oil, salt and water; mix well to coat all potato pieces.

2. Cover; cook on High setting 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.

3. With fork or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic. Stir in cream cheese until well blended. Stir in enough milk for soft serving consistency. Serve immediately, or cover and hold in slow cooker on Low setting up to 2 hours.

Servings: 14
Yield: 7 cups

Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes

Source
Web Page:
http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rId=14068