Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 313 of 542 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 312 313 314 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thank you, Janie, for sharing your MB blocks. And welcome back to the PC site. I missed you. More snow makes things outside difficult, but maybe allows more time for quilting ( and getting cozy and warm inside ).

Jan Rn, you are right that not too many are posting pictures of their MBs. Some have stated on the site that they are in a box in their closet (MBs are) becoming friends with one another, and they will not post until they are all together in one piece quilt hanging. And I guess that is their right to post or not to post with two more MBs to go, but we can appreciate those who do post so we may all enjoy them together. JanRN, although I looked at postings I failed to find your group of MBs...

And QuiltE, I hope you do receive your package soon, 'cause it is overdue...stay warm there and safe.

Janie, the RoseBud block is gorgeous! GrannyQ did a great job.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I'm guilty too, I just finished ____ MB yesterday. It will go out in the mail on Monday. So sorry to be so late.

Hi Janie, welcome back!

Jan - Love Lasagna - bet yours is spectacular! It takes so long to make, I usually don't make it any more.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie..........crockpot I heard you can use it for lasagna as well!

Anael, there are some methods where you don't have to pre-cook the lasagna noodles too! I have a recipe that this Italian gal gave me probably 40 years ago. The sauce is from scratch, and you use ricotta cheese, mixed with an egg which makes it so fluffy and beautiful! Yummy!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, are you willing to share the recipe that is yummmy?

I never pre-cook the lasagna noodles. Most of the time I don't make the sauce from scratch but I should and I will but not this year

Anael, I'm impressed with your DJ blocks! The number of them is mind-boggling; and to think I'm whining about them and I've only done 6!!!! Very pretty.

Janie, that's a beautiful block from GrannyQ and your grouping looks awesome.

Yes, I'm one that hasn't posted a group pic of my MBs but I have posted individually when rec'd. I don't have an area to lay them out right now (we have blockades up allover the house to keep Patches off wood floors, off the steps, away from the couch & love seat, etc.) I have about 3 feet to walk thru any where in my house. It's a PITA but he's worth it.

Jeanie, I use the lasagne noodles that don't need pre-cooked. I make my spaghetti sauce and assemble the lasagne before I let the sauce cook down and thicken. I've never been able to tell the difference between pre-cooked noodles and not pre-cooked. QNS, the recipe on the lasagne noodles from Barilla is the one I use, and like Jeanie's calls for ricotta cheese, 2 eggs, Mozarella cheese and Parmesan cheese mixed, then browned ground beef. All layered together--yum!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanieW ... so good to see you back and now time for you to have that long winter's nap to recover! I'm thinking your DDIL must be coming along nicely, or else you would not be back home.

JanieW and GrannyQ .. great block! I always like that block and the fabrics you have chosen work well with it. You had a very good reason for yours not being posted for us.

Anael ... so talented with your DJ and Paint display! I have no clue how to do that! I spotted my favourite polka dotted one! Oh yes, you can use your crock for lasagna .... and then I freeze the surplus in single portions!

JanRN ... so does that inspire you to plug on with DJ ... I think we can both pick out a lot of non-appliques and y's!

JeanieG ... I learned years ago, that the best lasagna was a frozen store bought! However, I do have a crockpot one that I quite like ... and not quite so hard work as the traditional ones!

QNSue ... the mail takes longer at this time of the year, especially with the extra days the Post Office is closed. In JanRNs defence, I believe that she did post every block as she received it. For some, it is not so easy to do the group shot because of space. Please be patient! Many of us kept a file of the blocks, and added each new block, so we could see the previous ones together. It has been very helpful to me when I went to make a MB, to try to coordinate mine with the ones each person already had received ... I did not need the group shot.

Just did tree removal ...... had some large branches some down today, right where I pull in with my truck, and then back into the garage. Plus, needed to be removed before a snowfall, and my neigbhour came with the tractor and snowblower. Now, oh my aching back!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QNS - Here is the recipe - so easy to copy and paste here since I have all the recipes in Living Cookbook. Laughed when I looked at this recipe - remember when all the tomato sauce was in 8 oz. cans?

Lasagna

2 28 oz tomatoes, italian style
    4 8 oz tomato sauce
    2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    3 tsp oregano
    2 tsp onion salt
    2 cups onion, minced
    2 ea garlic cloves
    2 lbs ground beef
    1/2 tsp basil
    2 Tbs parsley
    3 ea bay leaf
    1 lb lasagna noodle
    2 lbs ricotta cheese
    1 ea egg
    1/2 cup milk
    1 lb jack cheese
    1 cup parmesan cheese

1. Combine first six ingredients. Simmer uncovered. Sauté in skillet onion, garlic in oil until light brown. Add ground beef and next two ingredients and cook until meat looses red color, add tomato sauce and simmer 2 1/2 hours or till thick.

2. Cook lasagna as package directs. Drain and separate noodles.

3. Mix ricotta with 1 egg and 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk until mixture is creamy. Salt generously and add more milk if needed.

4. Put a few spoonfuls of sauce in large baking dish, layer with noodles, ricotta mixture, jack and parmesan cheese. Repeat layers to fill pan.

5. Bake at 350º for 1 hour.

Last edited by JeanieG; 12-28-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Thank you, Jeanie. I appreciate you taking the time to paste it into the PC site. If my SIL ever visits us again, I shall make it for her. In my fantasy dream, all the PCer's come here to visit in reality instead of the virtual RV...yep, I know its a dream, but not a nightmare at all. I hope Honchey is right, and we can continue to meet here on site, because I feel rich and empowered knowing all the wonderful PCers here on site.

JanRN, if you need the space for your dog right now, that is a good decision...he, I am sure, has given you lots of love over the years. I raised puppies and sold them, but not just for money. It was important to me that they all got a good loving home. Now, I have adopted nine cats, outside cats, but they come into the garage that is heated, and keep the mice out of the garage and house. My DS lives in a two story house with seven cats and five dogs 'cause his love of his life rescues Pit Bull Dogs and others, and keeps her children all over twenty five at home with them. The youngest now has a love of his life, and she just gave birth to a baby girl...all live in, of course and depend upon our DS to support all of them. I guess he is very happy or he would not put up with all that and that is his choice with his life. My dh told him we were coming down at Christmas time to move in with him....just to joke with him. We know there is no room at that inn (home). LOL!

I will repeat myself: It is the receiver who makes the decision to show or not show the MB and the MB with the family they have received. Those who share, thank you. It is an individual right on their decision. We enjoy everyone on this trail ride and respect their wishes. That is the bottom line here and I am happy with it.

Hi Everyone, I got called into work today and will be going in tomorrow.. Monday is still a ??? for now.. I wore my compression stockings and even with the glue they were still creeping down my legs...when I got home they were around my knees...How funny is that!!!

I have to apologize to all of you...I am so guilty of not posting MB's not because I don't want to.. it's because my brain & memory has turned to mush...I put the MB in a place where I hope to remember... when I go to get it it's not there.. then I find it & can't find the others that belong with it.. It's a vicious circle without end...

A very dear cousin of mine passed a day after Christmas and find out the family wanted no one else to know about it...no notification, no service, no funeral, no obituary...Nothing...needless to say I'm extremely upset about it...No obit??? that's like you never existed... no everything thing else is a very personal decision but no obituary????
    as you can see I'm fuming!!!
    It's good to see some that haven't been around...We all get so busy and I think we should have taken a Holiday break with the MB's. We did it with the other trips..
    I have to post some info on the Spike thread so I will leave for now....Later, H.

Now, Honchey, I am the Queen of Lost and Found...losing blocks and finding them again, projects, thee Christmas items I finally got mailed to you'all. I thought it very funny when Janie sent me my MB and it was called "Lost and Found"! When you least expect it, you will find it again. Please take care of yourself, Honchey. You do not want your legs swelling up no matter how much you love your job.

My absent-minded self has to look at the MBs just to remember what they had received so I can match my next one to send to a particular person...I even emailed you on the last one, Honchey, because I could not locate what was in her collection before me or what her colors were originally. So it goes, and I miss the mark, I am sorry to the receiver, but I gave it my best shot.

QNS - we were just talking with friends a few days ago about taking our RV's across country next year to Washington DC. I have never been East of Iowa, and that was when I was 21! Joe and I have traveled as far as New Mexico - but nothing East of that. Hopefully we will be able to visit some of you along the way. I know you have some lakes near you QNS that we could stay at for a day or so.

Also your "care package" arrived today QNS. Thank you so much! Joe and I are loving it.

I sit at the machines for the most part.. I have my choice.. the Diamond, the ruby, the topaz??? which one shall it be...I was hoping that our Gallery would get the Platinum 16?....very similar to Jan's Sweet 16...our store is too small for that machine..
    My leg is behaving itself...going for the ultrasound tomorrow at noon..
    Now to see if I can transfer the cutting info for the Spike thread..Later.. H.

I'm baaaccckkkk
    wow so much happening, I won't answer everyone individually but just know that I have missed you all. No computer was not funny
    BUT on the upside DD and I had fun in my sewing room. She starts a new job next Monday (she is going to keep the one she has and this one she can work part time at) It is a Government job so she needed some new clothes and this is what we made in 4 days. It is a simple wrap dress, the colours look a whole lot better in real life.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas wherever you were.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Welcome Back Karen ! ! Wow you two have been busy. Now we need a picture of your DD in one of her new dresses

MiraB ... Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!! More so, because I've missed you!! Looks like you two make dresses like you quilt. Like a mad fiend, and can't stop!! The two of you would hardly have had time to check in on us with all that work. A lovely new wardrobe for your DD. Good Luck for her new job .... and managing a two, my goodness!

Happy New Year's Eve Eve Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, Mirabelle, I sure missed you! I see you have been very busy indeed! The dresses look as special as what you dd is...very colorful and special person. Good luck on her two jobs, its not easy spreading oneself so thin. I have been there and done that.

Here coming on is a New Year; out with the Old and in with the New. May it be a good one for everyone.

Completing the Irish Mist with Janie is first on my list; we are emailing one another with encouraging words. I have a personal quilt book and magazine collection of a few hundred..maybe as many as five hundred books and magazines. I loved the Elm Creek Stories and discovered two of their quilting books in my collection...one being Sylvia's Bridal Sample; the other is More Elm Creek Quilts. (Need storage unit for this collection!) So I will be joining Anael on her group, and trying to keep up. Also have prepared for the paper piecing venture of Carrie's 50 Stars, to journey along with her group. (They have their storage units already and all 50 paper piecing patterns are run off, ready to do each week.) And the SYE group will continue for a while...our MBs will end in February. Quilting on the Square's Dear Jane in mid-January...since I love Batiks and BOM was also done in regular fabric...I in my insane moment signed up for both... so will start a storage unit for each and keep the shipments together and work on them in my 'free' moments. With the colder than usual winter prediction, it seems like a good idea to hibernate in my quilt room, enjoying the new look and layout and machines.

New Year Resolution: Be kinder to thy self. Think harder about being healthier, worker harder to enjoy each hour and day as I grow older. I think I can; time will tell the tale.

Finally ........
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6481666

Finished before Christmas and delivered to be gifted to their daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    .........New Year Resolution: Be kinder to thy self. Think harder about being healthier, worker harder to enjoy each hour and day as I grow older. I think I can; time will tell the tale.
    A good resolution for us all ...

Oh QNS, 2 Janes!! You're brave I'll be happy to finish one Jane.
    I can't even begin to imagine how many books and magazines you have! 500..........wow. You can start a library

I was lucky as a child to be encouraged to read...that's why I became a librarian, to encourage the junior high age to read. Never was bored one day of 37 years of work in five states. Loved them all, felt privilege to know them and their take on the world. Love to cook and that's why I collect recipes; willing to try something new.

My love of quilting was started with my DGM's treadle machine, then took the back seat as I gained my education, raised a family, and worked full time. Then in 1972, commercial stores put Christmas out before Halloween. I told my DH, I cannot see us teaching our children the true meaning of Christmas and gifts without making them ourselves, and not buy one commercial gift. He agreed, and we started various crafts each year: ceramic, leather working, and finally, quilting. We taught all three children how to quilt, and those that wanted to: crochet, knitting and computer programming at home. (Dh did the latter) Even did some upholstering together.

But through all the crafts, I collected books on the subject...particularly the quilting. I reckon I have enough quilt patterns to last through four lifetimes. With only one lifetime, I gotta get busy and enjoy them more. And I am not saying I will get both DJ finished on time, but they will be there waiting for me as I can get around to it.

Finishing on time is the day you're finished! You always have great stories to tell about your life, thanks QNS! I always enjoy reading them.

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!

SantaQNSue's Christmas parcel arrived today!!!
    A set of 5 different kinds of pins ... itty bitty ones right up to the large flat headed ones for OBWs.
    So useful for we quilters.
    Along with Jigsaw Puzzle pattern.
    THANK YOU so much, QNSue!!!!

Page 313 of 542 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 312 313 314 323 363 413 ... LastLast