Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 224 of 542 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 223 224 225 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Hey you guys mirabelle's Blue/brown BH quilt is Quilt of the Day on QB's FB page. Fantastic!! Congratualtions! That's all for now--didn't even take time to read all what's gone on today. Night
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I had a busy day taday. Went ta the old house & boxed up the canned goods that didn't git boxed up before while my DSis cleaned out from under the kitchen sink. There was alotta stuff there that needed ta be trashed. The plumbers finally came ta the new house after lunch & installed my new dishwasher. The plumbin' under there was crazy!!! DSis & I hung shower curtains & washed some linens. We sorted through the linens so that it'll be easy ta sort & wash before I put 'em up. We also loaded the new dishwasher w/dishes & some cannin' jars. I'm gonna add jars ta every load till I git 'em all clean & put up. Everything will be clean & not have that "old" smell. I wish we would have been able ta do more stuff while the plumbers were here but they were just in the way. LOL
    DSis & I decided ta sleep late tamarrow. We are bushed!!! I guess we needed ta rest a bit while the plumbers were here.
    PS my new dishwasher is beautiful.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Hey you guys mirabelle's Blue/brown BH quilt is Quilt of the Day on QB's FB page. Fantastic!! Congratualtions! That's all for now--didn't even take time to read all what's gone on today. Night
    And I didn't even know that QB was on FB ... though why would I, being that I don't do FB!

DublB ... Lucky you to have a DS to help you with all the work of the move!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Bev

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    And I didn't even know that QB was on FB ... though why would I, being that I don't do FB!

DublB ... Lucky you to have a DS to help you with all the work of the move!
    She's been great this time. Sometimes she is hard ta git along with, but for the first time in a long while, she is happy for me & not jealous. She hasn't been orderin' me around either & that makes me happy.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    JeanieG ... Yessssssssss!! pleased you should be ... it looks wonderful. Look forward to seeing it all quilted up. I think tmro/Thursday is THE day your cupboards are to be shipped! Yippeeeee!!!!
    And (drum roll please) they are suppose to be delivered on Monday!!!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Great quilting mirabelle and the little purse is just darling!

Stunning star block QE. Are you going to QAYG?

How different PC #2 is from the PC#1 Jeanie. The blue really corrals all the colors in! Can't wait to see it quilted. It won't be long and you will be cooking in your new kitchen!

Mesmerizing Youtube dublb simply mesmerizing.

Okay have my flimsy done--didn't take near as long to do as others but long enough for a 14" square. Center LC blocks total of 272 pieces of fabric.Name:  007.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  76.8 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

JeanieG your PC #2 is beautiful, you should be proud of it. Roll on next week for kitchen cupboards to arrive..

Bev thanks for the youtube clip, it is amazing, we have flooding here and it is such a sight to see debris in the trees after the waters recede.

Oksewglad thank you for letting me know about the FB quilt of the day, I love your mini, just perfect

QuiltE that is one beautiful block, are you getting a head start ?? on us. I plan on not adding the corner triangles until I have a setting in mind..
    Karen

Jeanie, that PC quilt is beautiful. I love the sashing and borders--the quilt looks bright and cheery. Hooray for the cabinets coming soon!

QE, like the SYE! I don't know what you're doing with the triangles--senior blondes in the morning aren't able to think clearly.

OK, that mini is striking. Lots of contrast yet soft and pretty. I have a question for you about EQ7. When printing pp patterns is there a way to get them on separate sheets of paper? Whenever I print them there's no rhyme or reason to them and I have to tape them together before I use them; they're just printed as one large block but get divided up by the different pages. My DSM hates sewing over tape and skips stitches and of course I forget the tape is there and iron over it. A I missing something in "Option" that would allow me to print the pattern differently? Thanks!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    And (drum roll please) they are suppose to be delivered on Monday!!!!!
    JeanieG .... And that will be one BIG
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
    And then when for installation?

OKSGlad ... And a fine Little Flimsy it is! Such precision! No not QAYG!

JanRN ... I can't help you with EQ though I know the tape problem. I solved that by using painter's tape. It doesn't dissolve with the heat of the iron. I keep it handy, as a band-aid, when a PP starts to fall apart before I am done! After your morning java, I'm sure your brain will fire up! Rosie today?

About my Spike ... It's a one-off, though I kind of like the yellow for the background of the Real Spike. Not sure if I'd have enough though. So this morning, I sat and stared at it, trying to think of HOW one would quilt it, other that SITD.

Mirabelle, perfect quilting and such a lovely tote! I really should come and visit you, you can teach me FMQ

Jeanie, lovely PC flimsie and finally the kitchen will soon look like a kitchen again!

OK, beautiful! You make such gorgeous little quilts!

I'm off to the vet with KK. CU later
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    Morning all--Jan I have the same problem EQ paper printing. I've checked Options to see if there's something I can do differently too. On some of the patterns you can move/and or rotate the pieces--click on the Move button at top of print page; but often times that just shuffles pieces around and doesn't solve the problem.

Have cucumbers to pickle today--later.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

A thought for the EQ dilemma ........ what about taping them together, and then copying them with your printer. OR scan them in, and have them permanently saved for when you want to use the pattern again.

QuiltlE, that does not work for patterns over 8 1/2 by 11 inches, page size. Yes, GG, is right you can move the pieces around to paper piece in preview mode, but you cannot exceed the size of a sheet of paper...you have to glue it together. I use Elmer's stick glue on a quarter inch overlap.

You can print the pp pattern off as many times as you want, print a preview of the 'puzzle' laid out square with the pp so it is easier to put together.

Love the little mini, OksewGlad. You are a wise GM to let the dgchildren tell you what interests them, and go from there in the sewing lessons....same is true of reading habits for children, you encourage their interests and let them go their pace.

Loved your German rooster, Anael. I have a set of rooster patterns to do someday; I ask the designer when the hens would be coming and she replied she had a few in mind after the roosters...but never have seen them yet. My SIL before she disowned me, gave me a lot of 'chicken' things for my kitchen. Mainly, roosters. The rooster does all the crowing, the hen does all the work.

Yes correct, QNSue ... however, the way I read it was that this was when the pattern consolidated many onto on piece of paper, and yet the individual piece would have fit on a regular page.

If it fits on an 8-1/2x14" piece, then copy it onto that.

Another that I have done ... my printer can only scan letter sized paper, yet I can print on legal as well as letter.
    So for the one I did for the August MB ... I drew it on taped together graph paper.
    Then went to Staples, reduced it 50% for a 6" finished.
    Then brought that one home and scanned it in.
    Now I can print as many as I want at 200% onto legal size paper.

Necessity ... the Mother of invention!

Oh, QuiltE, it would be nice to have a 'staples' handy to copy things, but in the middle of nowhere, that is somewhere far from the convenience of the cities, we make do and do what we can. I have never loved paper piecing, but dh has so hope I can get him involved with it....he has to 'change' everything and put his stamp on it, which is not always a good thing. And ends up costing us more $$$$$. He has acquired the way to really push my buttons of panic!! Life is never boring here. Never is it with dd right now, since her dh is away on a business trip, she is Mom and Dad to their five year old boy. He took a kite string from the kitchen back door up stairs and back again while she had company for an hour this morning. Yep, just like his dgf.

QE--your SYE block looks good. Are you sticking with blues/golds or will you be bringing in other colors in other blocks.

Bev--sounds like you are making good progress a little at a time.

Jeanie--YAY for new cupboards.

OK--another great mini quilt!

Anael--hope that KK is okay.

QNS--sorry your DH and DGS are a little bit of trouble these days.

I got my Aug MB about half done today. Also got several flying geese trimmed. Took a nap instead of cutting fabrics for PC#2. I should have time to sew this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Ok, thank you for the pretty block, it really goes well with the others
    Name:  today 012.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  283.6 KB
    Name:  today 013.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  180.5 KB
    This is what I have been working on this last week,
    Name:  today 014.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  126.7 KB
    Name:  today 017.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  137.3 KB
    The first is the front side of sweatshirt, and the last is the back, every time we have to go to the hospital I am cold all the time, so I'm doing this to wear when we go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GrannyQ

Blog Entries
    I thought i cancelled the last two picts, they are last months.
    GrannyQ

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah GrannyQ you finally got it. I thought I had mailed it when I went to town one day and then found out I hadn't--I'm sewglad it has arrived and that it blends with the others

Love the embroidery work--might as well look pretty and stay warm. I see you used lavenders/purples--just like a pretty quilt we've seen.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

GrannyQ--a couple more great MBs...I am glad last month's picture was posted as some how I missed it last time. Praying you are getting some rest taking care of your family.

Oh Granny and OK - what a wonderful block! Granny you will have a spectacular quilt - just love those red, white and black! Great embroidery too!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Wow what a great group of blocks, like JeanieG love the black red and white combo, that is going to be on stunning quilt Grannyq.

Here is what I have been working on today. I had the embroideries finished for a while so spent the day putting it all together. I have enough fabric left to make a pillowslip to match. This will definitely be for someone special.
    I tried to take a pic of the blocks but the flash bounces back at me. The border fabric matches the embroidery blocks.
    Anael how about a visit, I will teach you FMQ and you can teach me how to use my camera
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Karen--that is a very soft, pretty quilt. I like the setting.

Nice to hear from you GrannyQ. OK did a beautiful job on your MB--it fits in so well with the other blocks. Your quilt is going to be stunning. I love the embroidery on your sweatshirt; it will keep you warm and "stylin'" like the kids say.

Mirab, another soft, romantic beauty. Sigh--so pretty.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Page 224 of 542 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 223 224 225 234 274 324 ... LastLast