Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 223 of 542 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 222 223 224 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Beautiful, Ansel. Love your 'stars' and the starry night sky. Well done.

Sorry, QuiltE, I was having the wrong picture of things. You do so many great things, it's easy to confuse me. Those blocks were great that you posted last. Still have my 'Cheddar Cheese' place mat or runner that I am sending to you some day...just not right away. Still have little more to do with the quilt room; I have not seen a picture of your new machine, yet. QuiltE. Or your quilt room. Who can show the largest Stash?

Anael, those stars are awesome. Now I'm rethinking mine; I really like the constant background. Makes the stars float. Hmmm........
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

HELLO ladies! a quick jump online while I have a second, DSister wedding went BEAUTIFULLY it was soooo much fun! it was THREE days of 18 hour WORK! but still a good time! and it difficult to have a houseful of OCD sisters... but oh well what do you do? Sis went on honeymoon and left me to do the cleanup! more FUN for me sigh....

I have kids going to school next week, a fun adventure for them, they have never been. Dson has been home schooled, and VERY nervous to start SCHOOL. Ddaughter is going to kindergarten and it is ALL she has talked about for MONTHS... SIGH!!!

somewhere I still have plums waiting for me... and I get to go shopping for SYE fabric

ahhhhhh LIFE IS GOOD!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Ggal we will be thinking of you and sending hugs your way as you deal with life. Come back soon..

Now DH has just left for work, I have a quiche in the oven for dinner tonight and I am off to the cave, will post pics later today of Marjen, finished the binding last night, yay. And yesterday made two cushions for DD that match her butterfly quilt, I already had the butterfly blocks left over. The cushions are huge though 22 inches square, but she wanted big cushions.
    Have a great day everyone
    Karen

DDamsel ... so does this mean, with the kids going to school, you will be Home Alone with no little ones?? (well, there'll still be you and DH, but he's a big one!) You'll feel like you're on holidays! Oh please do tell us more about the wedding ... and some pictures too!! Such a good DSis you are to take care of so much to make her day extra special and ever-so memorableEE

MiraB ... so the cat has gone back to work, and the mouse can start playing!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 08-06-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

DH & I went walkin' taday. He got me up at 5:30 but I move so slow that we weren't outta the house till 6:00 (am that is.) We walked for about 20 min.s then I had ta "cool down." DH doesn't cool down, so I slowly walk back & forth through the house till I'm not sweatin' any more. . LOL this house is much longer than the other one. When I was cool, I looked at the clock & realized that I was gonna git up in 30 min.s, so it would be a real bad idea ta go back ta bed. DSIs met at the old house ta pack up some more stuff early. We didn't want ta be there in the triple digit heat. LOL We did go back & were there for 2 hours in the afternoon. Sigh. 5:30 was a long time ago.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for comments on the Crazy Pony Trail quilt. No luck on lasso fabric on a black background so will use plan B--fabric from my stash. Guess Honchey is using it to gather in SYE quilters in between Bingo cards. Gotta use stash up to make room for new fabric and it will look good! Not sure where the quilt's going--who knows maybe to my sister's workplace- a children's home for the disabled. Many residents are teenagers and this would fit nicely on a youngsters bed.

Great blocks QE--do both go to the 4-H quilt or are you keeping one?

DD-weddings are so much fun but can be so exhausting! Glad you had a great time celebrating this momentous event.

dublb it sounds like you are getting things moved bit by bit. WTGo. And a morning walk gets you going.

GGal--Thinking of you--sometimes we just have to stand back and let the world pass by while we deal with life.

mirabelle
    --thank goodness you always have a project going to keep us inspired.

Aneal thanks for picturing the stars together--"Starry starry night"--quilter's style!

Elise was by again today. She made a little purse and then a few more ornaments for my SIL. She's adapting fast. Meanwhile Emily is waiting patiently to get back to sewing. Ilean was back again--

In between working on a mini log cabin for hospital fundraiser. Can't wait to get it finished. Night all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad ... are you trying to tell us something, with a quilt name liek THAT???
    Yes, both blocks have already gone to 4-H. I just decided to use up the extra and make the two. I can;t wait to see your latest MINI .... but guess I will have to!

MiraB ... so the cat has gone back to work, and the mouse can start playing!!!! [/QUOTE]

Who have you been talking to ????

As promised here is the Not Marjen quilt and also a pic of Smith Mountain Morning. DS will be getting this quilt next week.

Will post closeup pics of the quilting tomorrow and also what I made today..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Mirabelle, stunning ! ! ! Maybe I need a DH too who's leaving often so I can play

OK, get rid of Ilean! Easier said than done, I know. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I was making a cushion with ladybugs for Mick with fabric my dear friend QE sent me. Took a picture but KK (PP) didn't want me to show it. Now she's sleeping on my chair so still no sewing. It's raining at last but this afternoon I have to go out and I don't want to use the car

Here's the ladybug cushion
    Name:  07.08.2013 (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  196.8 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

That is adorable Anael, I am sure the cushion will be a hit with Mick
    Karen

Hello All--don't have time to respond to everyone this morning...PT at 8:20 and then work at the quilt shop. Looks like SYE is going to be a good size group! I've been recovering from a bad migraine Sunday so been kind of out of it the last couple days...thankfully I am feeling better this morning.

Ggal--praying for you.

Karen--great quilts (as always). I especially like the blues/browns.

Anael--I really like your stars...I am still being tempted to join you and Jan. I'll keep you updated...don't know what fabrics I would use so I guess if I see the "perfect thing" then maybe. Cute KK and ladybugs too (from what I can see of them).

MiraB ... *sigh* ... real good ones to follow when we see the close up quilting!

Anael ... get that feline OFF those bugs! I want to see what lays beneath!! I;m sure it'll be a winner with DGS. So, if you don't want to take your car, will you take your bike? Do you have lights, for night driving? or only daytime delights?

CarrieM ... poor you and your head. Hope it is kind to you today while at work (and the rest of the time, too!) ... hard to function and put on a happy customer service face!

she's off the bugs now

I can take my bike whenever I want, day or night. I did take the car though as it's raining quite a lot and I still have to buy rainwear which I forgot till now!

Carrie, I hope you're feeling a lot better today!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Love your Smith Mountain Morning Mirabelle. Not Marjen is beautiful too! I finished the flimsy of the 2nd Pony Club Quilt, so I need to take it outside and take a photo. Cannot sandwich it yet, have to wait to get my kitchen back, as the garage is loaded with boxes, and I cannot get to my big table.

Anael - love KK photo, mine also climbs in containers with my quilt squares in them, if I leave the top open. I was quilting the Bonus Blocks yesterday, and had to pull the squares out from under him - he did not like that very well. I am doing them as a QAYG, so am now ready to put the side strips on. Making progress!!!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 08-07-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carriem I hope you are feeling better, I am still resisting 50 Stars....

Here are the close up of the quilting on Not Marjen, not great photos as the background fabric is Fairy Frost and I haven't figured out this camera for shiny fabric

QuiltE I used my Tristan thread on this quilt and it quilted beautifully

Karen

Here is what I made yesterday. It is for a special little girl I am meeting on Saturday, she is 4 so I hope she likes it

Karen

Beautiful quilting Mirabelle. Love the purse for your little friend. That is so cute!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

What a darling purse for a four year old!! And that rose quilt is very, very lovely. Wonderful job and the quilting just makes goose-bumps come on my arms...too great of a job. Wow.

Beautiful quilt and quilting, Mirab. I love the quilting motifs you chose--really adds to the beauty of the quilt. Cute purse-what little girl wouldn't love it!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Here is the flimsy of my PC #2 quilt. I am pleased with the new borders.

Perfect, Jeanie. You nailed the colors just right.

Mirabelle--great quilting! Cute little purse.

Jeanie--I really like the borders on your 2nd PC quilt!! Good choice.

Each day this week I have been feeling better. The really bad migraines are just very draining so take a few days to recover. By this afternoon at work I was starting to drag a bit, but no headache so I was able to make it through. There was a sales rep there this morning and I got to help pick out some fabrics in between helping customers.

Tomorrow I will be home all day. School in the morning and then heading to the clubhouse. Lord willing I'll get the binding on the baby quilt and be able to get fabrics cut for PC#2. Then I'll work on sewing more on MIL's quilt.

I work again Friday...there is an area shop hop going on so we will have 3 people working instead of the normal 2.

A while back, I had asked if anyone had tested the SYE patterns.
    CarrieM took up the challenge, and proved #1.
    I finally got around to checking another ... here's #4, Diamonds All Around.
    All is nice and flat ... too bad the operator didn't get the contrasts quite right.
    The background is not the cream of the pic, but the same yellow as I used for the churn dash runner last year.
    You'll notice that I haven't stitched out the full length of the triangles ...... can you guess what my plan is?
    Name:  Spike#4.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  1.47 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 08-07-2013 at 07:31 PM.

MiraB ... beautiful quilting on Marjen! You do such a nice job of enhancing, and not taking away from the quilt itself. You're going to win the ♥ of a little 4yo with such a cute little bag for her.

JeanieG ... Yessssssssss!! pleased you should be ... it looks wonderful. Look forward to seeing it all quilted up. I think tmro/Thursday is THE day your cupboards are to be shipped! Yippeeeee!!!!

Page 223 of 542 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 222 223 224 233 273 323 ... LastLast