Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 322 of 542 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 321 322 323 332 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    OK....your fabric note cards showed up on my Facebook page today...posted by Quilting Board. Of course, they used your board name but I knew who that famous person was!!!
    Cleaned the sewing room today and found 2 long forgotten UFO's. Something to keep me sewing and out of the LQS!
    Oh wow--I'm looking for a blush icon--Thanks for sharing. But you didn't "like" it! That's okay I didn't either--don't need to share too much do we?
    Looks like you have a purpose for the next couple of days!

Roses in January, how remarkable; love their names QE!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    .............Roses in January, how remarkable; love their names QE!
    What else could they be called?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Goodmorning Ladies!!!

just dropping in for a quick "HI" before I run off again.... life is just a bit crazy right now, DS is coming to stay for a bit again, she is filing for custody today and needs to be "NOT ALONE."

DHDD is expecting any time now... Im really concerned for her and she takes it as a threat, so Im AVOIDING most of the family right now, even DH is on thin ice
    I cant help it! when I get tired I get very HONEST... all TACT goes out the window.

Sigh....

On the plus side, you wouldnt believe the sewing Im getting done!!!

Have a GOOD one
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you DDamsel ... and let yourself find some peace with the pieces!

Blog Entries
    You are so right QE! It is so soothing doing something productive when one is under stress; so much better than getting more angry and frustrated. Hope life settles a bit for you

Honchey--hope you get everything packed that you want to take--safe travels.

Irish Mist is working well, QNS. Nice for you and Janie to "co" decipher the instructions.

Janie, your beautiful flower pictures remind us what will come. I like QNS's idea.

On another thread QE, was back to the salt mines--well I have to head back to the "accounting house" Think of Bob Cratchit scratching in ledger book with old Marley over his shoulder. At least it's warmer here today with a shining sun without sun dogs.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Smiling here at your Bob Cratchit rendition!
    Though all that beautiful sun, just might make you want to have a snooze in the sun!!

And yes, it's about time for things to settle down ... it seems to have gone from one thing to the other. Thankfully nothing major, just annoyances. Speaking of which ... did I not just add an annoyance with applique?

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    The clock is ticking Anael, you can do it the cheer squad is here cheering you on
    It's finished Pictures tomorrow!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Yes, it warmed up here all the way to ten degrees (but heated inside more with dh in a terrible grumpy mood and I am trying to keep my mouth shut) but snowing outside...may have to dress up to go to the mail box with a bill to get the mail carrier to pick it up as dh is in a very contrary mood.

The IM is giving me grief as well, what will go wrong usually does, tuck here where its not suppose to be, seam caught up wrong, ripping out again, and repeat. Might be time to go back to bed for the day... or change projects and work on a different one. Idol hands will always find trouble, and no thanks, have a cup full of that today without doing anything wrong, or saying anything wrong. This month is going to be a looooooonnnnnggggggg one!

Oh QNS, I'm sorry! ! ! (((HUGS))))

Some days are like that; this too shall pass and sunshine will be here again. It just cannot come soon enough for me...I get the blame for everything today, even changing the heat setting on the furnace when I was just reading and typing on QB site. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    It's finished Pictures tomorrow!
    Just like the Little Engine that Could ... she DID!
    What an Energizer Bunny ..... watch out MiraB, you have competition in '14.
    I think they implanted something into her with that surgery!

QNSue ... Sometimes that's the way days go. Though be thankful you have someone to grumble away with.

QuiltE........I think new batteries

Just got an email from Amazon, my crockpot will arrive Friday!! Sooner than expected So this weekend I will crock my dinner

Anael, just so you don't get crocked!!

Hope everyone has been staying inside and getting lots of sewing done. I should clean my house but I just did that a month ago. Finished a table runner and worked on one of Carrie's 50 Fab stars. I like the pressure of one block per week. When it's one a month I lose momentum. Do you all think that's what happened with our Mystery Blocks? Pics late or not posted, blocks sent late, etc. Maybe if we'd have done 2/month we would have kept up. (NO OFFENSE here-just an observation.)

Weather improving over the next few days--yay! It made it up to 18* today, 50* by the week-end.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

If you like bread pudding, Anael, that is what is in our crock pot tonight, that dh asked me to do. I toast 12 slices of bread and cube them into one inch by one inch pieces. I use a small mixing bowl to combine 1 1/2 cups of milk and if I have it, some of that is half and half; 4 eggs, 3/4 cup of white sugar and the same amount of brown sugar, dash of salt, teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon; mix well together, then pour over the bread cubes and gently fold together. Put in lined crock pot, or spray crock pot with oil, and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. Fruit can be dried apricots, apples, peaches, raisins, dates what ever you like. I boiled the whole package of dried apricots, cooled them and cubed up the fruit so toothless dh can eat them. They went into the liquids and was folded into the bread cubes. Bf loves it, too.

Anael ... remember, with only one crock you will be limited to one recipe at a time. Next thing, you'll be ordering a 2nd one!

I loaded the crock this afternoon and went back to sewing.
    Yes, the 4PP is finished with it's binding and backing ready for sandwiching.
    But first ... another PhD that's been sitting way too long.

JanRN ... Oh no! don' think about housecleaning ... it can always wait!! I've been wondering much the same! Yes, many have been busy with Christmas, but the change seemed to happen before all that busy-ness. I'd be interested to hear/see what others say. Yeaaaaaaa for milder weather ... we too are to be warmer by Saturday at 8C, but that SOUNDS so much colder than your 50F!!

QNSue ... thanks for the recipe as I like bread pudding, but have never tried it in the crock. However, mine will have a lot more cinnamon! Another twist that can be good, is to make jam sandwiches, and then cube up. I keep crusts and loaf ends in the freezer ready for this and/or turkey dressing.

Tomorrow ... the final Christmas for me with some friends. We couldn't come up with a date that worked for all (only three households, five people), so a late get together. Perhaps we will all enjoy it more, with it not amidst the "rush" of the season?

DDamsel sending hugs your way, I know it can't be easy when people around you are not happy so take some time for yourself and sew a little and create some beauty just for you.

Anael well done, we knew you could do it and good luck with the crock pot cooking

QuiltE I will send batteries to Anael, cause I feel like I am all sewn out and she can be our new energizer bunny, I have always started a new project on Boxing Day, so far that hasn't happened, so I am really behind the eight ball for this year.

I did finish my Scrappy Stars and today posted it to my longarmer, but I was so over it that I stopped 2 rows short of what I had intended to make. As I said it is what it is....

QNS you will have to find a hiding place at your home, somewhere you can't be disturbed

JanRN I agree with you, I had all the MB's made and they have sat on my design wall for what seems like an eternity. I have enjoyed looking at them every day but I was so excited for this project that I wanted to send them off all at once Now there is just one lonely little block sitting there and in a couple of weeks it will be gone.

Now can someone point me in the direction of some enthusiasm pleeaaaassssseee
    Karen

Jan--I agree that once a month for the MB seemed to drag things out a bit. I am looking forward to being done with appts (for myself and my MIL) so that I can just have more time to sew! I need to get my Alaska block done...hopefully tomorrow afternoon...if not it will have to be Saturday or Sunday.

I still want to get started on DJ blocks, but just haven't had time yet. Once life gets back to "normal" (I know there was a discussion a short time ago about "what is normal"...my normal is working one day and then home 3-4 days during the week!). My goal is to do one of the 50 Stars a week and 2 DJ blocks a week. Then during other time I have to sew I'll work on UFOs.

D_D and QNS--sorry you are having to deal with grumpy people.

Dublb--hope you get to feeling all the way better soon!

Mirabelle--maybe it's time to give sewing a break...maybe read some good books or some other thing that you can relax doing??

GrannyQ--I am praying you and your husband are doing ok.

Everyone else---I am thinking of you too!!

Thank you all so much for not taking offense at what I said! I was worried. I was thinking ahead to our next "ride" or project and was thinking that I hope we didn't do one block/month. I lose momentum and interest. Thank you for being able to see what I was thinking.

Carrie, how's your shoulder? I love the Alaska block. I made one for my DIL for Christmas. I cut off the corners so it was an octagon, used blingy fabric with gold accents and got a gold candle for it. She really liked it.

Thank you ladies!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan--I go tomorrow for the EMG...Lord willing I'll have more answers after that. I haven't had as much pain since stopping PT; I wonder if that wasn't aggravating it more? I do still have weakness in my arm and occasional burning sensation in my shoulder and it radiates inwards (not down my arm)...very strange feeling.

oooh Jan was are we going to do next??????????????? any ideas

Carriem I love to read but only at night in bed as it puts me to sleep, even if I try and read a magazine during the day I start yawning and the old eyes start drooping

I finished sewing a dress for myself, and I have to make a "special" block so will chat later..
    Karen

I'd love ta do a friendship block swap where we each make a block that represents ourselves. For instance I could do Bluebonnets, any other flower that I grow, or Tea Cups. HMMMM I collect Coffee Mugs & drink tea outta 'em, so I could even do a Coffee Mug. I think I have about 50 Coffee Mugs. Last year's was a bit more general about each o' us & this one can be more personal. What say ya'll?
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Good luck, Carrie, on your medical visit.

Mirabelle, I love to read all too well. Look around to see if there is something that stirs your interest....maybe a FART trip just to 'look'.

The Bread Pudding was a hit; he complained he ate too much! Grabbed up the liner with bread pudding put the whole thing into a gallon plastic bag and refrigerator. Crock pot needs a quick wipe and its all clean again.

Warmer tomorrow and Friday brings rain, ice and snow and a travel warning to stay home. Stay safe everyone.

I think it's time for a group {{{{HUG}}}}
    .... we all need it for different reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I think it's time for a group {{{{HUG}}}}
    .... we all need it for different reasons!
    I agree! {{{{{{{{{HUGGS}}}}}}}}}
    Last edited by dublb; 01-08-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I forgot the blue
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 322 of 542 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 321 322 323 332 372 422 ... LastLast