Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 321 of 542 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 320 321 322 331 371 421 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

LOL Honchey---it took a couple count down numbers to realize what QE and Mirabelle were counting.

Blog Entries
    Didn't realize we were this close. Gnight all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Sleep tight everyone, DH goes back to work tomorrow and I plan on spending a week in my sewing cave Borders are on Scrappy Stars, an almost finish
    Karen

Have fun in the salt mines Mirabelle

I found one small piece of solid green fabric. I have to measure but it looks like it's just enough to make the backing. No FART.......but sewing time!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

The clock is ticking Anael, you can do it the cheer squad is here cheering you on
    Karen

Still a week and a half to go Sewed the backing and just cut the batting and sewed that together too. My poor knees, I have to do all cutting of those large pieces on the living room floor Maybe I'll go upstairs now and tape the backing to the floor of the bedroom, but still all on my knees!!!! If I don't come back.........LOL

I've been getting a little sewing in...I got the border on a quilt for a friend yesterday and cut out a quilt for another friend. I get to sew again today since it is too cold to go anywhere.

I haven't written much but short notes here and there, but wanted to say the MBs shown the last few days are really great! I have mine all ready to go to the post office...maybe on Thursday. MIL is feeling some better now...thankfully. I go get my EMT done on my shoulder Thursday morning. Archery tournaments have started so my Saturdays for the next several weeks will be spent taking the kids to those.

Good Morning...I hope everyone is tucked in, warm & cozy.. 3 degrees with wind chills 17 below....

Sister & her DH drove up from Delaware to have her shoulder surgery this a.m. I have to meet her DH to drop off some groceries she asked me to get for her...Shoprite is having a big Can-Can sale..they have it every January...Jan you should know about that sale...
    I am so comfy right now I don't want to get out of my Jammies...I do have to pack some clothes for DH to take when he leaves on Thursday...I only want to take one bag when I fly down at the end of month..or earlier I hope.. I see the surgeon this Friday...

Oksewglad, you'll be pleased to know I'm working on my first mini....The only drawback so far is working on small pieces with fat fingers and it's mostly all from scraps!!!

JeanieG...any news on your MB yet???

Anael, You should shop a hardware store for the strap on knee pads that carpet/tile installers use to protect their knees...either that or get a gardeners foam pad that they use when kneeling to do their work...I think I'd rather see you in the knee pads

Carriem, I'm hoping you can get your shoulder problem resolved soon...it's no fun having pain all the time..

Time to go..see ya later...

Hahaha Honchey, I can see myself in the knee pads too It's my kneecap which is bothering me, for years and years now. I did the sandwiching on the dining table with my quilt table on top. It worked!

Look what's going on in my back yard. Never seen this before in January!
    Name:  January2014 (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 80
Size:  206.8 KB

Its snowing again today.

Anael, I love the picture of your back yard. Here's a picture of mine. Quite a contrast.

Name:  DSC04935.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  310.8 KB

Same view as above in July..Name:  003.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  331.1 KB

You did IT, MiraB ... I'd probably dump the iron into my lap, if I had it right next to me! I often think of the mangle we had when I was a kid and how handy it would be for ironing yardage. As a kid, that was a "fun" chore!! Such a young thing, married in '78!

CarrieM ... and I think it took MiraB a while to figure it out too!

Honchey ... now you'll be Home Alone! And you know what the mouse does when the cat is away!!

Anael ... are you sure that is a January pic? and not teasing us with a summer pic. The roses are so pretty!

JanieW ... now that's more realistic!!! Your July shot is a beauty ... need to enlarge and frame that one up then hang on your wall for hopes of spring to come.

Next thing, MiraB will be showing us banana trees and pineapples (growing, not quilts!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE, yes I'm sure. Took it this afternoon just before posting

Janie, wow that's a LOT of snow! ! ! ! Hard to imagine it's the same view! You do have gorgeous flowers. I used to have lilies as well but they were eaten by those nasty bugs.

Janie, love that contrast of the two pictures but think you were standing in two slightly different positions; closer to the fence in second beautiful summer picture. Of course, who wants to stand in the snow drift to take a picture...wise choice there. Frame the two pictures back to back and flip them with winter in the summer, and summer in the winter! Let it snow, but blow the chilly below zero weather back up into the Arctic circle!

Honchey, what a good time, it would be for sister to visit and do a few FART trips for a reward for doing the dental surgery by yourself! Talk to the dentist about the flying, because air pressure might affect the gums bleeding, don't know for sure, but please check it out. Better to be safe than sorry. AF would not let me fly until after so many days of delivering our first daughter in Anchorage back to Kenai. And they considered it an 'easy' delivery... of course, they were male doctors.

Anael, your rose pictures remind me of Las Cruces, NM., this time of year. They bloomed every month except February there. My DGM would always start out with a coat or sweater in the mornings, but often just left it in the car, could not believe she wasn't going to need it in the winter months there. You and Mirabelle enjoy that wonderful warm weather, while the rest of us just 'chill' out. LOL!!

Working on Irish Mist and would value your opinion on which corner to use. The Irish Mist Center:Name:  DSCN0005.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  150.3 KB

Name:  DSCN0006.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  220.1 KBSide view. Name:  DSCN0027.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  265.5 KBOne or two:Name:  DSCN0079.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  181.4 KBThank you for your opinion. When i post, 'attached view' comes in as an extra picture. Please disregard it. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the last (attached) picture. It's not the same as the second one. I think in the last picture the colours are very well balanced.

Alas, its one to one now. Waiting for more votes.

QuiltE I'm a bit slow sometimes its an age thing or so my children tell me.

JanieW what beautiful photos, love the contrast of the seasons.

Anael you grew roses for me how sweet of you

Honchey take care and I hope everything goes well for you.

NinaSue I like the darker border, I think it frames the centre better.

Carriem, thinking of you and hope you also get good results, I have found that quilting really hurts a lot but piecing doesn't...It must be the weight of dragging and pulling the quilt top. So I will only quilt small projects or quilt in sections.

I think our heat wave has broken, DH left for work at 3am and I was woken at 4am by a torrential downpour, we had 3 inches of rain in an hour and we have had light showers this morning.

The house is clean, the fridge is full and I am off to the cave for some serious sewing, chat later
    Karen

MiraBelle ... didn't you know? she already named those roses .... on the left is Mira, on the right is Belle!!!

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    Karen

My uncontrolled laughter didn't show up, try again
    Karen

OK....your fabric note cards showed up on my Facebook page today...posted by Quilting Board. Of course, they used your board name but I knew who that famous person was!!!
    Cleaned the sewing room today and found 2 long forgotten UFO's. Something to keep me sewing and out of the LQS!

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    psssssssssssst ... you have to capitalize the DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

Wow we made 8000! I love the picts! Especially the roses. I want ta grow some roses in the front o' the house. DH & I planted roses at the house in Brady but the deer got 'em!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

The deer must have excellent taste Dublb, nothing sweeter than a rose
    Karen

Page 321 of 542 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 320 321 322 331 371 421 ... LastLast