Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 371 of 542 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 370 371 372 381 421 471 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Happy Mother's Day everyone. I am wishing I had not bought so many flowers, but will finish setting them out this morning and plant the Yukon potatoes and herbs that I got. Ugh. Old and sore this morning, not used to all that digging in Mother Earth. One day at a time. Or one hour at a time....putting one foot ahead of the other.

Made three Mama and kitten sets yesterday...that is a slow paced job...and it turns out, QB buddy and I just cut out enough for one wall hanging....second one has to be cut out yet....plus five more for first one.

I am allergic to bee stings and, unfortunately, bees terrify me. Still, I am always in awe when I see beekeepers on TV or hives in the field. Allergic to honey, too, darn it.
    Honchey - Arghh for the cable guy not getting it right the first time. But good that they can come out today.
    QNS - Yes, tired and sore today but think of the satisfaction and how pretty everything will be. Plus, your own potatoes from the garden. Wonderful.
    I haven't planted my vegetable garden yet. Should be getting some soil amendments today then I can transplant a few of the seedlings from indoors.

Taday is a hot one. I'm not sure o' the temp.s but it is very hot! After church my family wanted take my DM & DGM out ta eat. When we finally decided where ta eat & started gatherin' there we discovered that we'd be there for at least an hour & a half before bein' seated. It was so full that we'd be standin' in the sun! (I think it was in the upper 80's by that time.) DH said for everybody ta come ta our house & he'd grill hamburgers. It was so fun! I think we'll all plan ta do that every year from now on.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Today's picture of Isa. Yesterday she tried but couldn't do it, now she can
    Name:  20140512_171715 (480 x 640).jpg
Views: 82
Size:  45.4 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Wow!! AHow much the little Sew Grand has grown!! Now she knows, 'Yes, I Can!"

Good news today; the optic nerve has decreased in size back to 'normal' size....next appointment is June sixth; decreased the steroids again...down to one pill a day!

What a beautiful photo of Isa standing, thank you for sharing Anael.

I haven't been around much this past week, too much going on with family at the moment, will catch up with all that has been happening later on.

Have a great day everyone
    Karen

Another one not around much here .... busy, but not with sewing!

Sweet Little Isa ... and looking so proud of herself!
    I think she is looking out the window for Grandma to come!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Now isn't Isa growin' so much! Such a sweetie!
    I went ta see my Blood DR. He is in Lubbock a mere 2 1/2 hours drive. I had ta be there by 9:00am. Left town by 6:00am 'cause they have been workin' on that road for at least 3 years. That meant I had ta be up by 4:30 'cause I move slooooooow at that time in th'mornin'. My blood test was great & I don't have ta go back for at least 2 years.
    Bev

Sorry I've been MIA but here's the reason--finally finished!Name:  SYE Quilt.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  603.1 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

WOW! Now that's just stunnin'! (y)
    Bev

Love that blue background Jan RN. It sets the off piece and blocks just great. I would have not realized its lovely affect as a whole quilt.

Some nerve endings have died in my eye, so vision is not 20/20, but I can see and find blessings in the fact I am not blind, but manage to 'make out' most things in sight. LA owner across the street has a 'sick' LA machine , so we are making a trip together tomorrow to see what can be done.

That is beautiful JanRN.. What a great reason to be MIA.

Spectacular, JanRN!!!! .... I can think of no better reason to be MIA, than to finish this and have it looking so nice. I really like your narrow border choice .... noticeable, yet not screaming "hey, look at me!". I can see it even has smooshes of colours coming thru, to blend with the stars. Now get it hung in that place of honour, and sit back and say, WOW, I did an amazing job!!!

Anael, She is such a cutie!!!

Jan, Wow!!! It's so nice when a quilt is done..But..When it turns out to be as spectacular as this...Love the blue!

I'm hoping my internet problems are over for now...They're going to monitor the speeds to see if they stay the same...

I finally got the top & bottom border on the sample I made for the shop...Now to sandwich it.. I found another simple top I want to finish I started awhile ago in NC.....I have to locate my camera to take some photos...

My son is moving again and I'm needed to help unpack the kitchen stuff tomorrow...I can manage that part of the move....

Jan--I agree with the others...your Spike quilt turned out great! The blue was a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Sorry I've been MIA but here's the reason--finally finished!
    Wow great finish indeed! I know I'm not finishing mine, think I'll just use the ones I have done in a table runner!

Just look at our SewGrand Isa standing and looking out the window. She must be so proud of herself!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan your Spike is beautiful, I bet you are one happy camper to have it finished, well done.

Now to get off this computer, lots to do and no time to do it in DH just left for work so the house is quiet again.

Chat to you all when I can
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    ..............so the house is quiet again.
    Chat to you all when I can
    ................except for the whir of your sewing machine(s)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we can all hear that Energizer Bunny as she puts the machine on high speed, thar she comes, and thar she goes down under..... more beautiful quilts to come and many more to go together!

Neighbor is taking me with her tomorrow to DM to get her LA repaired....a road FART trip without DH along...promises to be a great day...called Vicky and she would love rhubarb fresh from the garden and fresh eggs...so farmer me will travel with produce in hand to gift my favorite quilt store owners.;Looking forward to the trip tomorrow. Finished setting out the herbs and lavender tonight; front flower bed is looking great.

Next Tuesday Quilt buddy will be back....much to do in there yet...only six Mama and kitten blocks together. Has everyone survived the rains in Iowa?

While I was on the way ta the retreat I stopped ta stretch my legs in small town called Clyde. There is a Goodwill right there by the Highway. I went in & sat down in a recliner that was fairly close ta the door. It fit me just right. I checked the price & it was only $25! I bought it right then & there. I was in my Sequoia so I moved all my "luggage" ta the back seat & put the recliner inta the back. I left it in the back while I went On ta Branson inmy DF's car. Well taday DH & #2DSon pulled it outta the back o' the Sequoia & moved it inta the house. I'm so happy. It feels so good!
    Last edited by dublb; 05-14-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Hey thanks for the hugs. I really appreciated them. Since I couldn't help in this situation, I made a Warm Wishes flimsy. Now to get the backing pieced and it quilted so I can send it on it's way.
    I've been MIA, too Jan. But my picture would be of the peas and barley field I worked in. Never too old to learn something new as DH put me on the drill last week. Hope there are more overlaps then gaps in the field. Had a hard rain the day after I planted and some of the sandy hillside soil did wash a bit. It's rained enough that it's still too wet to get back into the field. #1Son got stuck today just going to get a corn stalk bale in probably the wettest field on the farm.
    Love watching the DJ progress QE and mirabelle. And enjoy works4me spooktacular blocks.
    DD--so Tula Pink beckoned you...I have the sampler book too with 3 blocks make and 50 cut out. Hope life in improving for you and family.
    GGal. How many shops did you stop on your FQ FART? SIL lives south of Madison--last time I was there we stopped at her favorite just south of WI border. Tons of fabric in her home shop. What are you sewing on while you are gone? Enjoy those birds..I, too, could spend hours just watching the feeders. Told DH I'm going to get a pair of binoculars. This year have orchard orioles at the feeders as well as the Baltimore's. Filled the 2 feeders again today.
    Carrie, what great progress on the medallion quilt! How much time before kids are "out" of school?
    QNS Have a great time with the QBuddy! Sure has been a slow spring hasn't it? No asparagus here yet. Just protected frost sensitive plants-DH called to say we could get frost tonight. Was 34 last night. So glad to hear your sight has stabilized and pray that it continues.
    I've so enjoyed catching up on you Mom's quilt Anael. What a tribute to her and maybe a keepsake for Isa--who by the way is adorable.
    Jan the Spike is great.. Love the block in the bottom row with the rainbow points. Oh they are all striking.
    Honchey--keep looking for your camera...we want to see, we want to see.
    Thanks for sharing the charity quilts, dublb. They are so bright and cheery. You had a very productive retreat.

So yes I've been playing farmer. As long as it rained DH went with me to my nephew's college graduation--really proud of him--he's 28 and decided to finish his degree 2 years ago. OBTW he love's living in Iowa, too. A quick catch up with Sis and BIL, too. Will have a longer visit in June.
    I checked my April list

April goals
    1. Finish LQS project---still working
    2. Put together the hexagon quilt--move to summer list!
    3. Finish mini flimsies--must get done before August
    4. Try to remember the FFQ project!--now to act on it!
    5. Look at the UFO pile yet again.--really laughing now
    6. Sew some of the batik blocks together.--got 3 of them done...
    7. Take my QB's on local shop hop.--of course had a great time.
    8. Hexagon workshop at guild in April. check
    9. Turn under edges on 2 church baby quilts. check

I did:
    1. Finish the dresser and already using it...Hope to find the camera to share.
    2. Sewed Warm Wishes quilt from stash for family member in need.

Now my May list
    1. Work on the April list!
    2. Work on potholders for out of towners with Iowa fabric on the back.--coming along...
    3. Finish the Warm Wishes quilt
    4. Use Leaders and Enders more effieciently. On shop hop bought a BH book...have been cutting fabric to accomodate a couple of quilts in the book using 2 inch squares.
    5. Make a table runner for TV stand. Sandwiched and ready to quilt. It's big 24 x 60 I think.
    6. Put together Historians book for Quilt Guild. Through out the year I've been taking pictures of Show N Tell at guild meetings. Now working on the book.

I've also have onions growing, peas peeking through. Sure glad I haven't put tomatoes, etc out yet. This afternoon after going to a visitation went to the woods and dug up a few wild flowers to put under my big oak tree in the yard....should tie one of the dogs at the end of the lane..Planted tulips last fall and have several up and blooming, checked on them and 8 of them have the tops snipped off and it wasn't the grands...they ask! Must be the deer that we saw on the way home today.

Everyone have a good week.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 05-14-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Raining again today...seen Iowa rivers running high on last trip to DM...and wind damage everywhere. I hope LA can get fixed today. Taking produce to Vicky, for a treat and need to 'look' at new ideas and fabric.

Good to hear from you, OK. Hope everyone has a good day.

Nice to hear from all of you. Busy time of the year for the Farmer's Wives in the group. I'm envious; I can't grow a thing (except fatter LOL).

My dad could grow anything anywhere--beautiful flowers, bountiful garden. The house I live in has a large sun room on the front so I filled it with lots of plants. They did okay for about a month then got kind of brown & droopy. My dad said he'd check them to see why while I was at work. I came home from work, opened the door and was knocked over by the smell!! I immediately thought my dog had a HUGE accident--but no! My dad had added a small amount of manure to each potted plant (about 30 of them) to help them along. OMG!! The sun had baked the smell all day, couldn't open enough windows fast enough and start fans running. I took the plants out side and with a spoon scooped all the visible manure out. My house smelled for days!! Of course the plants did well and I never did mention the problem to my dad. It's funny now but oh my!

Getting more storms today, internet is intermittent. For the first time in a long time I'm caught up on 99% of my projects. Maybe I'll clean today. Maybe not LOL! Have a great day.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Great to catch up with many of you.

OK--to answer your question, we have a couple weeks of school left. Normally we are done by early May, but this year with my bout of migraines and then DH having back surgery, school got put on the back burner for a couple weeks. I worked at the quilt shop yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months! It was fun to be back. I am cutting back there...one other day in May and then just one day in June. My headaches are no longer regular migraines, but still there some of each day so 7 hrs of work just gets to be too much all at once...plus I never know which days might turn out to be bad ones.

We went to KY last weekend for the National Archery tournament. DS was one of 5 kids on the team to qualify. He shot his best score (287 out of 300). He ended up 35 out of nearly 2500 archers in his age group...he was disappointed he wasn't in the top 20 (then he would have qualified for "World"), but I still think he did a great job!!

Jan--don't feel too bad, I can't grow things either!

I have time today after school to spend in the clubhouse. I think I will work on a couple "50-Stars"...I decided to just start where everyone else is and work to the end, then several of us are starting again in January to make up the blocks we missed. I might have them all done by then, it just depends on if I get on a roll and keep making them or just make a few to get "ahead" and then work on another quilt. I need to get the borders and binding on my MB quilt, so that might be my next thing....

Hope everyone has a great day! HUGS!!

Name:  Photo Collage Maker_8DTF04.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  249.2 KB
    This is Bram. He still can't sit on his own so my DDIL put him in the laundry basket
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Page 371 of 542 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 370 371 372 381 421 471 ... LastLast