Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 373 of 542 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 372 373 374 383 423 473 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Oh wow, so much agoin' on. We have such a busy group. Has anyone heard from GrannyQ in a while? I'm still prayin' for her & her DH.
    DH & I finished our raised bed garden. I really can't believe that 3 beds took so much work nor so much pottin' soil! We planted 4 different kinds o' squash, okra, & purple hull peas.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

DDamsel ... please do show us your first blocks! An interesting pattern and would be a perfect scrappy one too! Oh what fun to have a new quilting friend IRL!

JanRN ...
    eeeks y-seams ... though maybe if you did it in yellow, you would miss the y-part!

DublB asked about Granny? ............. I've also been wondering about JanieW?
    Has anyone been in touch with either?

A beautiful day ... though cool here.
    So I hid out in the sewing room!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Everyone is so busy here. Taking good advantage of a weekend.
    My third block of the weekend is complete - lightning. And that is it for PC blocks this weekend.

Yep, that quilt pattern ranks on my list of things to do right after my colonoscopy LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Well I guess I'm a bit crazy. After I got off here I went out & started cuttin' back the big monster bush. The lady that lived here had put chain link about 2 feet above the tile block fence. This bush has pulled it over the edge & is draped all over on ta the other side & it touched the ground. I spent 2 hours out there cuttin' on it till DH woke up from his nap. Once he woke up he saw me & brought out the chain saw. We got it cut back from the back ta the chain link & cut the front way back. It's nearly till it is 3 ft. I haven't decided if I want ta keep it or not yet. It could be a purdy bush. There is still a ton o' stuff in the chain link!
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Yep, that quilt pattern ranks on my list of things to do right after my colonoscopy LOL.
    Not on my list and I'm having a colonoscopy next Monday
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

DD...I looked up Jack's Chain and found this...no y seams. http://www.quiltdesignnw.com/eq-jack...lt-pattern.htm. It's a beautiful quilt. It seems a quilting buddy just takes any friendship to another level. So happy for you!
    Mirabelle...such a beautiful quilt!
    Anael...hope the colonoscopy shows no problems.
    Dubib...sounds like your DH knows how to tackle a bush! How big are your new garden beds?
    works4me...congratulations on the finish! Any pictures?
    Jan...any new projects? All at once I seems to have too many going. Don't know how that happened.
    QuiltE...you weather will be warming up. It finally got back to shirt sleeves here yesterday and I got a good day in the garden. I've been here 4 seasons now and it was so satisfying to see how the structure of the garden has formed and with enough perennials that I don't have to start from scratch every spring!
    Today I'm attending a PP class with my QBs. The instructor is excellent or I probably would have passed. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple of tips and enjoy my friends.

Thanks everyone, no I didn't log the hours spent on it but it used to take me a whole day to cut one block and then it would take me several days to piece it. I started taking it to patchwork but too many interruptions meant too much reverse sewing I do know that I worked on it all of last week just to put it all together. Jan it is Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness.
    My LQS is going to baste it for me then I will have to find the courage to start the quilting, it is a little intimidating.

I like Jack's Chain but have the Omigosh quilt pattern sitting on my dining room table at the moment, juuusssttt thinking about it, any takers huh huh huh

I would reaaaallllly like to say that I am not starting anything new for a while but who am I kidding, I have to prep the fabric for another kaleidoscope ready for Friday, the girls at patchwork have never made one so asked me if I would show them how....I know I'm a sucker, but it goes with my plan to "use my fabric" !!!!!!

Have a great day everyone
    Karen

NOOOOOOOO you're going to do the Omigosh quilt ???? With a zillion tiny pieces? I love that one!!!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    DD Oh my--Jack's Chain could be close to nearly insane! But I liked this version of it--the first image on my Google search--no Y seams...

HMMM I just added another 20 1.5 9P to my jar. This would work! Or should I consider the OMGosh quilt?

mirabelle just keeps us "sighing" doesn't she.

Quilters are such a great group aren't they? So willing to share.....

Sorry haven't heard from either GQ or Janie in a while. Let's hope all's well with them.

Keep digging for that camera, Honchey. It'll show up when you least expect it.

You'll love your beds, dublb, but they do require extra water. How's the rain situation down there--still dire?

Have the warm wishes quilt about half quilted--not doing a very good job so when I'm done no close ups!!!

Have to pay some bills so I'm off...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Interesting!!! very interesting!!!!

I am going on a serious hunt for the camera today...I've been going down memory lane with the PC blocks...

Thanks all!!! The pic is helpful OK I was picturing doing vertical strips... like a hex OBW? this pic with squares would work also...

I LOVE the OhMyGosh wonderful!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Here's a photo of the Ohmygosh quilt posted here on the board...it's only 2 blocks..9 patch & churn dash.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just catching up after work and already yinz have put more ideas in my head!! Anael, I've gotten a few Nearly Insane blocks drawn up ready to start, working on Carrie's 50 Fab Stars, QE has me feeling guilty with all the DJ's she has done ( I have a measly 15 done), the pattern for Oh My Gosh is on my Idea Board as a possible, I want to do the pp blocks from QOTS, and my DGD asked me to make her a quilt to match her room. And I thought I didn't have anything planned after finishing SYE LOL.

I think DGD's quilt will take priority. She's using the crib quilt I made her 16 yrs ago and she wants this one to be the same size because it's "just right" for snuggling under. How can I refuse? She's been studying Chinese for the past 2 years and has her room decorated in red, white, black. I searched all over for Asian fabrics and came across a website called DebSews--took a chance and ordered. I'm going to give them an A+ in selection, service, price, and fabric. Best site I've ever ordered from. Check out www.Debsews2.com.

Glad to hear from everyone.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

2 o' the beds are 4' X 8' & the other one is 2' X 8'. We will use 1/4 o' the water in these beds than what we used ta use in our large garden at the other house & should git twice the produce. I've been tryin' ta git DH ta do raised beds for about 8 years. It took a drought & move ta git him ta consider it.
    I also use soaker hoses instead o' the sprinkler system that is here.
    We won't even git the system fixed up 'cuase it wastes so much water.
    We now need ta git the existin' beds all cleaned out & ready for whatever we decide ta do w/'em.
    Last edited by dublb; 05-19-2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Bev

JanRN I also have bought fabric from Debsews2 and they are fantastic and the prices aren't bad either, good luck on your list, sounds like you will be busy again.

Bev you have really been busy getting your new home in order, its fun to do things just the way "you" want them.
    Karen

Yes Mirabell I've been workin' in it. It'll probably take me the rest o' my life ta git both this house & the Brady house, like I want 'em.
    Hmmm Nothin' posted since yesterday? We must be a busy bunch.
    I have been busy spray paintin' some antique metal outside chairs. They were DH's DGM's chairs & we have had 'em most o' our married life. I choose ta use a product that will stop the rust then put the primer on it. The other product is black & is called Rust Reformer. I want the chairs ta be white like they have always been. I have already started the white primer & it'll take several coats ta coverall o' that black. I'm takin' a short trip ta Brady tamarrow. So I won't git back ta the chairs till next week.
    I'll drive ta Brady tamarrow w/my DF/housekeeper. She is headed ta Austin ta visit 3 o' her 4 children. She & I will go ta Brady & she'll help me deep clean the house. This way she will have some more spendin' cash for her trip & we git ta spend some more time tagether. Her DSon & his DGF will drive there Thurs mornin' & pick her up. She will be able ta spend time w/all her DK's & DGK's at the same time. She didn't even have that durrin' the holidays. I'll come back on Thurs as I need ta be here when they come ta fix my Dishwasher on Fri. Then on Sat DH & I will go back ta Brady for the Memorial Day weekend.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    I really like my raised beds, too dublb and yes they save a lot of water. I watch weather quite a bit and I keep praying that you guys will get some of that wet stuff.
    I started out the day with a sweatshirt as it was rather cool in the house. Then I went outside. Whoa the temp sure soared today. Think it was in the 80's. We bypassed the 70 degree weather all together. Today I planted tomatoes, cukes, and beans after getting some bills paid and mailed. I hope to get to some flower beds soon. See the asparagus is starting to peek through the ground.
    That's a fantastic quilt, Honchey. When are you going to start?
    Later friends.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Taday it got up ta 99*! It is supposed ta "cool" off ta the mid 80's tamarrow. They are predictin rain by the end o' the week. I sure hope so.
    Bev

It was a very hot day and no air conditioner working; he is come back today with news...good news, I hope. I cannot stand hot weather, one reason why we moved back North. One major joint broke...can it be replaced???

I have my front flower bed going, that's it for this year. Weeds are already into the RR bed big time...

QB friend came yesterday and I really enjoyed her company and help. Unfortunately, my squares for TW was not square...so block was not square....nor were the cat blocks square at six and half...we cut out more cats...but its not enough for twenty cats in each of the two wall hangings. Her GC are playing ball games, so we may not get as many sessions in during the summer....hope so...but will see what happens. One day at time.

Dubib...OK....I've been working to improve the dirt in my raised beds. In a couple of them it's pure sand so anything added quickly gets "burned" out. Love it when I can stand up and plant tomatoes. Got that done yesterday along with some basil and leeks. Also weeded out some more raspberries that were trying to take over and put cocoa hulls on my one rose bed, I had planned to do more this morning but DH announced he wanted to go to Champaign so it's a road trip for me today.

Just thought I would say "hi". I've started working at a hotel as a housekeeper 3 mornings a week. It means not as much sewing until school is done since the days I work we have school in the afternoons and that takes until oldest DD gets home and then time for supper, etc, etc. I am still working at the quilt shop once in a while...1-2 days a month, but the 7 hr days got to be too much for my head. I have two afternoons a week to sew right now. Yesterday I cut out the next 2 star blocks (50 Fabulous Stars) and then I will sew them on my next free day.

No new flowers for me this year. DH does a mini-garden on the deck (tomatoes, green peppers and cucumbers)...last year he did them in pots, this year he is building a "trough" on the rail.

Anyone else have hummingbirds? We have a lot of them....they are drinking almost a quart of sugar water a day. We tried putting up a 2nd feeder last year, but they wouldn't touch it. We didn't think it was that much different, but guess they didn't like it. Of course we can't find one just like what we have so the hover around the one until there is a free "flower".

Hi Everyone, I am jealous of all you gardeners....I can't plant a garden with going back & forth to NC..I tried some things in pots and bringing them along but they don't flourish...

Carriem, don't spread yourself too thin...

I like to figure out patterns from looking at them and the 2 recent patterns mentioned here fascinate me..
    the Ohmygosh has 2 blocks, one a 9 patch and the other is Churn Dash??? it looks like a Shoo Fly block to me..the side 4 patch in the center in the square the pieces are larger than the others in the 9 patch..so when making the colored patches for the shoo fly block they need to be 1/16" larger than the patches in the 9 patch in order to end up with a 9" block with 3 " sections... 9 patch strips 1.5"...shoo fly strips 1 - 5/8" strips..

Like Jan, I like to make blocks and I also like to figure out patterns in my head...

I am going to work this afternoon...I'll be playing with some fabric for sure...

Good to see that GGal and OKSGlad have found options, to avoid colonoscopies!
    You got my attention, and that is a "sometime" possibility. I can see it as a great scrappy project and good for Leaders/Enders. Of course, OKSGlad, would be an endless Mini 9P project for you!

Now who all are joining the Insanity with OMG and Mini Jacks and Nearly Insane??

Good to see so many of you have been busy with your gardens. I only have my flower beds, prepped ... but still too cool to plant anything new. I think this is going to be a minimalist year, so I can really get a good assessment as to the perennials and how they should be moved, pruned, etc. I think it is time for some detailed notes and plans to be made for an overhaul in the fall and next spring.

GGal ... thanks for sending the nicer weather. The rain seems to have eased and the sun is a'shining! Glad you are seeing results with your garden work and too, to be took a quilting break. Any new PP tips?

MiraB ... hahahaha not starting anything new!! hahahaha some MORE!

JanRN ... stop the guilt trip! Look at all the other things you have COMPLETED while I have been doing DJ and other things! Along with all your 50 Stars! And and and!!!!!!!!!! ....... Oh how sweet that your DGD wants her baby quilt, re-made as a grown up quilt! Cute!

Time to get back to work ... and if I am a good little beaver, then I can skidaddle to the sewing room later this afternoon! yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    So glad everyone is out and about. The weather decided to be "normal" the last couple of days. Just got off the lawn mower--still have a lot to do, but it's dark now. A very full day again today. Worked over 4 hours in one flower bed. Found where I have to add plants--lots of winter kill this year. After the marathon weeding I took the pickup to the local nursery--they sell wood chips by the skidsteer scoop. Got three scoops for $16 a scoop. Each scoop will mulch 75 sq feet of beds. I don't think I'll have any left over once I get started. Then went to 5 yo school program--it was short so hopped on the lawn mower for 2 hours. Now I'm ready to call it a day especially since it started at 6:30. Yikes am I becoming an early bird. I love spring, but boy is my body feeling it tonight.
    Carrie I have more orioles than hummers this year. There must be a half dozen pair flying around. This year orchard orioles came..and already have 2 nests built. The hummers are going to be enjoying apple blossoms soon. The cedar waxwings will come in then too. Do take care of yourself...hope the housekeeping job is less stressful for you.
    Night all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 373 of 542 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 372 373 374 383 423 473 ... LastLast