Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 473 of 542 FirstFirst ... 373 423 463 472 473 474 483 523 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,825 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Nina, Love the sunflower/mum fabric..so nice & bright.. it's so much fun finding fabric you forgot about
    I have never seen a cat that looks like your cat NIna, she is Multi-faceted.. Is she a well behaved cat?

Super great pattern OK! That is so cute!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

cowboy star...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rosy, you have made another excellent block, love your colors, too.

Yes, Honchey, she is very well behaved if that is what she whats to do; dh has her trained to go to bed every night in her cage in my bathroom. She is an excellent hunter of shews and mice outside. We enjoy her company and tricks she has learned to do and it keeps us laughing through out the day. Seems to behave a lot like a teenager at times. Sassy.

Started the second notebook for FW1930 finished blocks. Keeping all templates until the blocks go into their place in the quilt.

Making plans to go to DM on the 1st of the month to see the American Quilt Association show; plans for the 9th of October for BBQ for HS reunion; and the next week when the DD and family come back again...busy time ahead after I get this mess from the trailer sorted through....Ugh! Now my arm has an outbreak of poison Ivy or Oak from the dust particles. It isn't one thing its another. Sigh.

NA, you sound as busy as myself. Going to work on some more blocks today. I picked up an audio book at the library and listen to stories as I quilt. I am making veggie soup and it is delicious..here is what's in it. I don't measure, just grind and throw stuff in a pot of water like stone soup.

carrots, celery, at least four potatoes and three massive onions, a bunch of green onions, head of broccoli. I grind or chop all of it except the broccoli. It just gives it a different taste. After I remove foam, I add, parsley, chives, sweet basil, salt, the powered consommé, no pepper today as I will take some to the old lady next door and she can't have the pepper. I was going to put a ham bone or a chicken back in it but it taste so good I didn't, I will put a little butter instead, it must be the herbs that make it so good. There was another little mix of herbs that I put in that I had mixed, I think it had terragon in it and something else.

I don't feel like eating anything solid to day so soup it is, I love soups. Oh I could put some noodles in too.

Ok the other two herbs are Leeks and Pesto. I just am simmering a cup of Red quinoa to add to the pot and forget the noodles lol.....Quinoa has 9 amino acids.

Rosy, I made my special broiled salmon yesterday, with 1/4 cup mayo, 10 Ritz crackers crumbled, a handful of cheese, and 4 Thsp of dill relish mixed together and spread over the salmon under the broiler until done. Put the bag of steamed corn in the microwave and heated it up. Meanwhile in the Dutch oven,was an arm roast of beef cooking in a can of broth and a package of Onion mushroom soup. The left over corn joined the peas and carrots; I baked one potato to add to it. Took the meat out of the broth, added flour to thicken, then added the veggies back into the broth, and then the diced meat.. . for supper and meals today.

Just to give ya'll a heads up DH & I are taking a load to Brady. I'll see ya'll early next week.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

NS, lol I love it. I like to cook for us. I just made some matzo crackers fo hubby. Hubby said that the matzo crackers at the store taste like the cardboard box they come in lol. I had picked up several boxes of matzo meal at the store on sale after the Jewish holiday and made matzo balls for a soup and they didn't taste that good because I forgot stuff to put in lol....so the boxes were in frig for a long time and I was getting ready to throw them out but felt bad and checked the web and found matzo crackers.

I experimented and added honey, saltan egg, and a little olive oil....rolled them out real thin and baked at 475. They are delicious and hubby and puppies are eating them with the soup lol..

Then I took the two chicken back and giblets and made just a pot consomme and added half that pot to my veggie soup pot...the rest will be for the puppies. I am out of the kitchen, time to sew.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Rosy, I made my special broiled salmon yesterday, with 1/4 cup mayo, 10 Ritz crackers crumbled, a handful of cheese, and 4 Thsp of dill relish mixed together and spread over the salmon under the broiler until done. Put the bag of steamed corn in the microwave and heated it up. Meanwhile in the Dutch oven,was an arm roast of beef cooking in a can of broth and a package of Onion mushroom soup. The left over corn joined the peas and carrots; I baked one potato to add to it. Took the meat out of the broth, added flour to thicken, then added the veggies back into the broth, and then the diced meat.. . for supper and meals today.

NS, sometimes I take chicken legs and season, smear with mayo, roll in cracker crumbs and bake.....I use to do this also with cheam of mushroom, or cream of celery but don't cook like that anymore....I try not to use any canned stuff except the tomatoe sauces......and tuna of course...

OMG Block are on hold. I was reading the recent threads and someone posted a ragdog quilt and I went nuts. the pattern is not available anymore but I searched. Ebay has it for 50.00 to 70.00 dollars, oh yeh right!! I found it finally in a pdf from this site if you want it for just 6.00. They suggest printing on 11x17 paper to get the correct size just for the pattern pages, I guess. My girlfriend is leaving the end of the month for Texas where her two grandbabies are. I must make them each a rag cat and dog....later

http://quiltersbug.com/store/product...ital-download/

here is a link to that darling quilt...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t270113.html

Hi Everyone, it's so good to see all the activity here...I am so tired & sore from all the packing & the trip home.. My right ankle & knee swelled up on me after the long ride in the car..I will wear my compression stockings next trip.. My cousins family reunion is tomorrow and I'll be busy reconnecting with them... My grand kids will be here Sunday and so it goes as the routine begins...Had an upset in the house today.. a slow leak in the whole house water filter and an expansion tank close to rupturing made the laundry room odorous..Had the plumber here to replace the tank and to remove the water filter.. We no longer have well water so we don't need it.. I totally forgot to send this post..took a bath instead....Umm I really need to get some good sleep tonite..Later Guys....H.

Up burning the midnight oil tonight. Finally finishing the quilt for my nephew, who is now almost 2 months old. Ah well, he'll never know. I finished quilting and trimming tonight and just have to trim wayward threads and bind. I plan to do both tomorrow. I will be happy to have this one on its way. Next up is quilting the table runner and placemats for my mom for her birthday (which was august 29th). They are fall themed at her request, so as long as they get there by Thanksgiving, she'll be happy. I decided after these two, I'm going to be selfish for once and make something for me. I am embarrassed to say that I have a "quilted" coverlet from tjmax on my bed. Anyway, good to check in with everyone. Looking forward to Tuesday!

Burning oil also. I worked on that raggdog quilt and finished the entire head. I will work on the body today and hopefully finish so I can wash and dry him to fluff him up. I am enjoying doing this doggie quilt.

In my spare time, I have been working on block 20, Caroline trying to figure out why they arranged the pp pattern the way they did:Name:  1-DSCN0279.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  46.0 KBwith four triangles...which I really tried to do before I ripped it all apart this morning and did it as four split half triangles...much quicker, easier,and faster.Name:  1-DSCN0278.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  90.7 KBBut the picture shows it upside down...so twist it mentally, right or left one turn...or imagine it turned over. . .Name:  1-DSCN0276.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  52.5 KBlike that. Whew! Half my hair turned grey from this one block...before I simplified it.LOL!

Yep the photo of the pp is messed up, but I think you can figure that out...and divide it into fourths and sew on.

I had no problem with Block 20 as I just cut out the templates and pieced it. You really don't need to PP this one, so easy to piece. Perhaps Anne, you should mention the problems for this one on the thread.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sue, I will check that one out in block base and see. I made egg noodles to go in my veggie chicken soup and they are so good. I used Farina flour. I will make another patch tomorrow but will use half flour, hubby loves to eat them with just butter. I know I was supposed to let them dry for 3 hours but I cooked them in 2, they were good.

Here is a link to a new thread that I made of the rag puppy, I didn't want to bring all that here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7322633

Sue, it's just two triangles. I wouldn't bother paper piecing it. Anyway I sent you a pp pattern I made in EQ

I want to see if this works. It worked, it upload but won't print out the correct size. Print out the one I sent in the Email NS and see if that works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    Sue, I will check that one out in block base and see. I made egg noodles to go in my veggie chicken soup and they are so good. I used Farina flour. I will make another patch tomorrow but will use half flour, hubby loves to eat them with just butter. I know I was supposed to let them dry for 3 hours but I cooked them in 2, they were good.

Here is a link to a new thread that I made of the rag puppy, I didn't want to bring all that here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7322633
    Oh they look good Rosy...LOL as DDIL made noodles yesterday...Had 5 dozen eggs to use...She ended up making a breakfast bake with one dozen and boiled another dozen...don't know for sure how many batches she made...waiting patiently for her goodness..she freezes after they are dry. She does have a noodle maker where you put the ball of pastry into a roller of some sort. Em and El helped with the cutting stage. Oh boy beef and noodles on a cold winter's day sounds good about now.

Hope the leg et al is better Honchey.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 09-20-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Rosa, thank you, but it is finished and I am moving onward. I divided into fourths and made it that way. Doing Cat now. JeanieG is right, you don't have to pp the patterns...and templates are the way to go.

I do not make my noodles, too much time to do that. I get the Amana extra thick medium noodles and they taste like homemade. Doing up the books in the morning, and finish Cat, and start dh carrier for his table, checkbook, billfold, etc., the way he wants it. Everyone have a good week.

NS, I don't think I have Amana noodles over here. I will do a search.

Well, nothing ever goes as planned, and I didn't get the binding done. Got pretty darn close, but didn't finish. So the work continues, The binding is about 3/4 complete (sewing down the top side now), and I'm not hand sewing it, as it's a baby quilt and I want it to stand up to washing, wear and tear. Anyway, after this, one more obligation project, and I can just mess around and do what I want. looking forward to having that freedom again.
    Jenny B

I finished my distraction. I always have those when I am doing lots of blocks and I have to detour. This little quilt came out so cute.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7323662

I'm just posting this to see if it comes up..I'm wondering if I'm being banned for some reason..none of my previous posts anywhere are showing up...

Page 473 of 542 FirstFirst ... 373 423 463 472 473 474 483 523 ... LastLast