Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

*giggles* at the pins resurfacing!!

W4Me ... not likely, MiraB is such a NancyNeat MollyMaid'ish type! As for around my sewing area, probably ... even though I do try to keep ahead of them, I bet many would surface! So with the shows over, does that mean you can now get back to your much loved MIIHO, PC and other stitching projects?

JeanieG and QNSue ... lots of progress!

MiraB ... you'll be in withdrawal! Easy on all the packing up and moving, or else you'll be down and out with your back next. Can't have that!

Me? ... yesterday was to be a good sewing day, after all my Hopping! Ended up working as my colleague called, to come and get the displays out for August. Some of the signage needs to be re-done/updated. However, en-route, I just happened to pass by a RxR Shop and just had to drop in! Got things sorted and organized, and now my to do list has grown significantly, which means my quilting time is reduced. Of course, I will sneak some in with the reward system in full play .... complete stages of the WORK, then I can sew! Bonus ... picked black caps and mulberries ... mmmmmmmmm good treats for me to come home with. Plus supper out! Then late getting home.

Back to the salt mines .....................
Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 AM

We dressed out three brown duck drakes this morning....too many drakes stresses out the female ducks. We both agreed the others are all 'pets'...no more butchering of the ducks...at least, small ducks. Too much work for what meat you end up with to freeze and eat. Now all the ducks can enjoy the orchard together for their lifetimes.

Don't know how to border the lilac trellis quilt or the nine patch. Though about the split nine patch for that border... still thinking....that's why its been on the 'shelf' for a couple or more years. I do have the backing for each one and know where the lilac one is going. Have the green/purple lilac fabric and green leaf fabric for a another one...it goes together quickly.

No shortage of things to do; just the energy to do them. Taking some Ginsana and hope it gives me more energy. Also drinking lots of green tea and water to rid my body of all the 'left over stuff' from the steroids...that causes the swelling of my right foot. Elevating the foot at night is also helping. Now to lose the sixteen pounds I gained with them. Everone have a good day...its here today and gone tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:41 PM

Who Me!!! Nancy Neat Molly Maid Sorry Work4Me no pins on my floor, I have a magnetic picker upperer and as soon as one is dropped it is picked up as my dog sits under my table as I sew and I can't have him getting any in his paws.

After so many years of not having a sewing room and working in a limited space, I am kind of organised, so have added some pics for you.
When my son left home I commandeered his bedroom as my very own, as it has the most cupboard space.
The first pic is my project boxes, on the shelf under them are more and on the floor are my other sewing machines
The second pic is the middle cupboard, with my bolts of fabric also quilt tops hanging that need to be finished and backing fabric, also my half made quilt tops like Sylvia and 50 Stars
The last pic is of my yardage and FQ's, everything is folded and pretty much in order. I also have a small bookcase that holds 8 plastic baskets for my scraps all sorted into colours
Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails project-boxes.jpg   centre-cupboard.jpg   fabric.jpg  
Old 07-14-2014, 05:58 PM

Mirabelle--thanks for sharing some pictures...I think I see some "shimmer" (butterfly) fabrics here and there.

I have been fighting headaches again the last several days. Dr upped my meds a couple weeks ago (because headaches were coming more often) and last week I started getting dizzy in the mornings...gradually it got worse and this morning I actually passed out. I now have to wean off the meds completely decreasing a pill every three days. Hopefully I don't feel worse before I start feeling better....
Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 PM

That is awful Carrie - I sure hope you did not hurt yourself when you passed out. How scary! It is the pits - medication is suppose to make you feel BETTER, not make you worse. Hopefully they can find a different medication for you headaches that will work.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 PM

Here is the purse I just finished. I think it turned out real cute:
Attached Thumbnails img_0115.jpg  
Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 PM

Carriem I hope you are feeling a little better, how worrying for you.

JeanieG I love your new purse, beautiful selection of batiks
Old 07-15-2014, 04:06 AM

Mirabelle...so love your fabric storage! Maybe someday I'll have more room to do it better but for now I just have to limit my stash. Thanks for sharing.
Jeanie...what a great purse. I need a new one and plan to take a class next month. Anymore if it's not a quilt, I usually don't sew it.
Carrie....how disappointing! Just when you had begun to feel better. There has to be something the Dr is missing!
Jan...so sorry to hear about Patches.
i'm a little behind with my BOW's. I felt I needed a focal point in my one quilt and it took me awhile to come up with the right sized medallion to draw it all together. Plus this is a very large quilt which my design wall won't hold and since it is a controlled scrappy, I can't just guess at which fabrics to use if I want to keep some sort of balance. I do love the process!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:08 AM

Jeanie--great new purse. I like the flower on the flap. I was feeling pretty dizzy/lightheaded so had actually already laid on the floor before I blacked out....it wasn't until I was "coming to" that I realized I had even fainted. I hate that feeling when I am waking up again. I've fainted a lot of times in my life (not recently) so usually know the symptoms and can safely go down and not get hurt.

I am feeling some better today. Thankfully it's a day home (until 4:30pm) so I can take it easy again.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:46 AM

I wish I could be as organized & as neat as you Mirabelle... Every time I "straighten" up I can't find what I need

Jeanie, I thought the flower was a buckle then looked again...great creative fussy cutting..pretty batiks....

Carriem, you do so much it makes me dizzy!!! maybe you need to slow down a bit and let yourself rest..

I'm ripping out some confetti blocks cause I sewed them the wrong way...that's what I get for not checking the pattern.. almost done with my 2nd corner to corner crocheted afghan and ran out of yarn for the corner of a lap throw for Carolina Comfort...
GGal, I have a hard time with random scrappy...I have to "control" the scrappiness ..as much as I try, it's hard for me to sew 2 pieces that don't "like" each other..