Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 472 of 542 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 471 472 473 482 522 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I am so glad that your DD & DSIL are happy w/the travel trailer! Good for you & them!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

NS. good to hear the kids made it. The recipe sounds so good. When I find the recipe for my "NO Peekie stew" I will post it, it almost sounds like yours but with a piece of beef lol.

No Peeky oven stew.
    stew meat
    carrots
    potatoes
    chopped celery
    chopped onions
    pepper
    1 can tomato soup
    1 cups water
    Season meat to taste
    Layer all ingredients, starting with stew meat. Sprinkle with seasonings, Mix soup & water -- pour over ingredients. DO NOT STIR!
    Bake in covered roaster 350 for about 2 hours
    May add other veggies to your taste.

I will make No Peeky when the weather cools a bit.. sounds oh so easy!! Thanks Ladies for posting the recipes..I get tired of cooking the same ole way...

Just finished the Clover Blossom, a little bit of Coral is showing, I guess I missed it altogether lol....
    Attached Images Attached Images

just made the best tuna casserole. Three cans of albacore, 1 1/2 box of bow ties, celery, green onion, regular onion, 1and a 1/2 cans evaporated milk, couple slices cheddar cheese, carrots, green peas, butter, three eggs

cook the bow ties, just drain some of the water and leave a little, run some butter over the noodles and the put in the cheese. sprinkle some consommé powder over the noodles and mix in. In another bowl, beat the 3 eggs, pour the milk in. Chop the celery, 4 carrots, the onions in the Cuisenaire and add this to the milk mix. Pour the noodles in and combine. Pour in pan and bake 350 for 1 hour.

Wow - that sounds wonderful Rosy, thanks for the recipe!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Children's delight and Colts Corral all done
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rosy, you are making good progress there. I like how you put each block together, making me a fan of your quilting talents. (And cooking talents, too!)

Since the kids were so happy about the trailer, I am happier to 'clean' up the things that were stored in it. Wow, how did we get so much into it??? Had to rearrange my QR to receive more boxes in there...took out the cutting table and portable table I cut on, and brought back in the big heavy table that a friend had given me some years back. Throwing and giving away about 60%. Also cleaned out the upper shelves of the fruit pantry and front door closet. Think I can finish by Saturday and give the whole double bay garage back to dh. Just maybe, the house will be in order by October 9th, when I host a BBQ for my High School Class Reunion...the 55th one. Menu is about 85% decided...meat and salads and dessert. Still waiting for the final figures on how many will attend from the HS committee.

DD also helped on my computer to organize Picaso pictures by year; I hit the panic button and emailed her, 'Can we change this back?' and she replied , "No." It will be a learning curve to learn how to handle it now....fingers crossed that I can get the pictures posted tomorrow. It makes me want to delete all the pictures and start over....but cannot do that either.

Found the fabric I had brought to do a quilt for DS in Indianapolis, IN several years back...It will join the other five that-will-be-quilts-someday-Pandora Box If the the Lord lets me live long enough to complete them all....twenty or thirty years from now! Without me yelling, " Just a minute, Lord, I have one more seam to do!"

QNS - We just had our 55th Class Reunion last weekend. We had a Meet & Greet at a hotel on Friday night, then had a Taco/Enchilada Bar at a park on Saturday afternoon. We were disappointed that there were not more participants. Only about 75 out of 550 from our class. We had "lost" 140 people in those 55 years, and 37 of them in the last 5 years since our last reunion. It was a great casual affair.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thursday is the BBQ here, no fee charged, then on Friday is the Chapel in the HS, on Saturday is the Breakfast, trolley car ride, Saturday evening is the formal dinning and dancing night and class pictures....out of 125, about 50 to 60 couples come back for it. Including the ones who live here whom I never see until the reunion every five years. About $85. for DH and I to go passing on the big meal on Friday night that would cost us another $50.00 plus the foot ball game entry fee...but all of that is in October.

Progress on the TT stuff, it will be done by Saturday...neighbor Patty came and got all the stuff I set aside for her and that really helped...she fell in love the lamps still in their original boxes, the big mirror I had and the two big Grapevine wreaths, so I know its all going to a good home. And things are looking so much better, de-cluttered.

Quilter 65 will come by and get the cutting table and mat, she has a quilt hanging in the Des Moines Show...must see if I can get up there to see it. She has been a blessing taking me to DM last year and this year to see the various Dr.s here. And the All Iowa Shop Hops the last two years. So she was the first person I thought of, that can use quilting notions, etc. Kids will pick up the folding table and chairs next time they come in October for the trailer.

Blog Entries

Cool

Nice blocks Rosy...bison head takes center stage..

QNS...clearing out will make you more productive..your DD seems to be giving a gentle nudge..it so easy to add things without subtracting others..

Tomorrow takes me to a track meet... Wednesday QBUDDY will be over...what should we sew? Have some cleaning to do in between...later

How tall is the corn? FYI DS is 6'...DGS is 5'3" ...lots of corn silage in the bunker...
    Name:  FB_IMG_1442296838121.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  64.1 KB

Peekaboo
    Name:  FB_IMG_1442297493622.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  111.5 KB
    Last edited by oksewglad; 09-14-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Wow--never knew corn got that high (I'm a city girl through and through LOL). What a nice family you have, OK.

Jeanie, I've been watching the news & weather channels and the fires in California are unbelievable--looks like Hell. Are you safe? Praying for your state!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JeanieG, the fires look like they are burning up all of California; please stay safe.

Ok, what a wonderful picture of your family showing the tall corn! Your are raising more than just tall corn in that picture. A picture that is worth more than a thousand words!

I've never seen corn that high.. wow! Great photos of the family OK.

Hi Everyone, I'm busy packing up to go home on Thursday..I AM leaving fabric here so I won't have to move it back 'n forth..I've decided that there are projects to be worked on in the south and stuff to work on in the north.. I've split up my little scraps into 2 two gallon baggies one for here and one for up there..this way I won't feel deprived
    Have a good day and I hope you're all enjoying this beautiful weather.. H.
    Better go & post the new thread.. busy day today

Fires are all far north of us. Thank the Lord!!! LA got 2 1/2" of rain overnight, not us, we only got 1/3".

OK, great photo of the corn and grandkids are so cute peeking through the corn.

Name:  1-DSCN0272.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  52.4 KBRemember the small Mega kitten; well, she grew into a big cat and this is 'her' chair in the sewing room, and she does not like to share.

Name:  1-DSCN0273.JPG
Size:  66.6 KBFabric rediscovered from the TT, originally from Indiana for son a quilt...thinking of putting two different blocks together but have not decided yet.

Name:  1-DSCN0275.JPG
Size:  79.5 KB From the past All Iowa Quilt Shop Hop; Crazy Redhead's QS, I see as a Stack n Whack.

Oh lucky you QNS! What a find! That fabric will make a great masculine quilt! Love the Stack 'n Whack fabric. It is just so "happy"!!!

We went to Brady on Sun & drove back today. We took a load of boxes & unloaded 'em. I think we are gonna take my dresser when we go on back on Fri. Since this house has drawers in the closets we actually haven't been using the dresser. It does still have a ton of stuff in it that we are gonna have to go through & toss most of it. Since the ceiling in my bedroom in Brady is sloped we won't be able to use the large mirror that goes w/it. I have decided to hang that mirror above the couch in the den. It will help make that room feel bigger.
    Name:  Brady II #14.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  33.3 KB
    This is an old pict but you can see that when the dresser is against the right wall, a mirror will not fit. I do have a cedar chest at the foot of the bed, curtains hanging in the window & a really nice quilt on the bed, now.
    Bev

NS, you will be so happy clearing out all that stuff. I do it now on a regular basis and I don't buy more. There is no end to the fabric lol. OMG that yellow and purple sunflower fabric is absolutely delicious.

The corn, the corn, I have know corn to grow that tall, it is awesome. and the kids in the corn is just too cute.

Blog Entries
    Shifting things around has found some pleasant surprises for both Bev and Nina Sue...that will be a brilliant stack n whack...

Have to figure out what QBUDDY are going to see tomorrow...might make s small fall quilt and a key chain mini...better get things organized...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Amen!

I too have been doing some rearranging in the craft room. I am not getting rid of anything, just needed to clean up again. The last couple weeks when I've actually had time to go out to my room, I just couldn't sit down and work on anything...I wasn't sure what to work on. I decided I would finish up some cards I was making, get all the paper crafting stuff put away, then clean up a couple other projects I had pulled out to see how I was going to finish them. After that I decided to rearrange furniture a bit...that helped get me going again.

I was able to get fabric cut for 3 quilts and started cutting for a 4th (well 4th and 5th as I am making 2 quilts out of the blocks I have). I feel like I have a bit more room in there now and look forward to the little bits of time I can sneak out there to work some more. This weekend I will finish cutting those fabrics and then sew a couple more FW 30s blocks. I am not making all of them so am ahead of the week's postings, but don't want to get behind either...

Blog Entries
    What is it about a little reorganization that makes one more creative and productive.

I've chosen this to do for tomorrow..just told the QBUDDIES to bring the 5 strips and backing...they are in for a surprise..

http://sisterofthedivide.blogspot.co....html?spref=pi
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

That is so cute, OK! Ya'll have fun tomarrow now, ya hear?
    Bev

Page 472 of 542 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 471 472 473 482 522 ... LastLast