Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 372 of 542 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 371 372 373 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Now look at that smile! Ain't he handsome?
    My DGSon came over early th'smornin' while his li'le brother went ta see the ear Dr. (He is gonna need tubes.) Ever since then I've been workin' in the yard taday. Takin' a sm break right now.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OKSGlad ... SewGlad to see you 'round here! A busy time for you, for sure. Nice that you are finally trusted with the drill!! ......... any chance that field was along the road too, just so the neighbours can see what a great job you did of it? We always laughed that if anything went wrong when planting it would be the roadside fields, instead of ones that were hidden away. So nice that you have made the quilt for your family member ... a warm hug for them, when you can not be with them IRL. for the missing tulips

JanRN ... oh myyyyyyyy ... what a memory to have! You can probably STILL smell it (in your memories!)

CarrieM ... so good to know that life is getting a little more back to normal for you. CONGRATULATIONS to your son ... WOW ... 35/2500 is incredible!

Anael ... Bram looks pretty proud of himself ... the laundry hamper idea is a perfect one, especially with Teddy included!

This is a LONG weekend here, with Monday off. I'm hoping to start early and take most of tmro/Friday as well! ... at least that is THE plan, as of right now. LOTS of rain this week ... to be less on the weekend, but quite chilly. All's fine with me, as then I can justifiably snuggle into the sewing room ... and have not guilt for not being in the garden working as traditionally, this is when most get done. Even with no rain, it won't happen, as things are not far enough along yet!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Anael....thanks for the pictures of the Sew Grands! Wasn't it about a year ago that they went home? They look like they are thriving.
    OK...I think you are as wired for work as Mirabelle it's just that your work isn't always at the sewing machine! My hats off to you.
    Carrie...so happy for you that the headaches have calmed down a bit and your life has a more normal feel.
    QNS...I certainly hope that your eye stays healthy.
    QuiltE... Let us know what the fruits of your long weekend are. Nice to sew with no guilt.
    Jan...what is your next project? The SYE hanging is gorgeous.
    Jeannie....every time I hear of a fire in California I think of you. I pray that you and yours will be safe this season!
    Dubib...I'm so glad you're back! Missed you while you were having all of your retreat fun! Happy find of the recliner!
    my time in the sewing room this week has been catching up with BOWs and BOMs and getting my FQs organized. Love my new bins. I did get the rows for my blue scrappy sewn together..now they need a good pressing to prep them for QAYG. They are in a comfortable box for now. Just found out there will be a new baby in my ladies group so I'm pulling out scrappy blocks to out together for a floor rug. I'll practice my quilting too. Also my DH's GS is expecting a baby in early June and I need to get that quilted too. Supposed to rain again today so probably no yard work.

It frosted here last night, heavy frost. Cold this morning. Chickens out of feed, so must get some this morning.

Iowa Shop Hop begins on June 1st...those of you that want the special Iowa fabric....pick it up early, 'cause everyone runs out all too soon. Not thinking I will be too active in it this year...too much to do here.

Nice seeing an update picture of Bram...he looks so cute in the basket.

Carrie, I think your son did eveyone proud with this placement in archery...all those after him would have been delighted with his score.

JanRN, your story reminded me a an old joke from Cappers Weekly. A women decided to go to the movies, but had a headache...so she graps he bottle and takes an aspirin. and puts it into her purse. In the middle of the movie, she is still feeling the pain from her headache, so she feels around for the bottle and takes couple more aspirin. On arriving back home, she is still struggling with the pain of her headache, so she fishes the bottle out of her purse, and is horrified to see its label says "Plant food". Worried now, she reads the label, and is just fine until the last few words, which read: " Each tablet is equal to one shovel of manure."

GGal ... the guilt is even less now ... another .4" of rain yesterday, bringing it to just shy of 2" in four days. this morning, only 5C. Yeaaaaaa for you and your new bins of organization! With lots of new projects to come, I'm interested to hear more about your rug plans. I keep thinking of doing one for my bathroom.

GG, they came home May 29th. I would like to hear about the rugs too.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I don't remember saying anything about rugs. Will the real rug maker please stand up?

Blog Entries
    It's you GGal--check #9278--you were talking about a floor rug.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I had a very busy day again. Went ta an estate sale, but it was almost sold out. Stopped at my DSis's house & looked at her new baby chicks. They have one rooster that hatched a nest full. They looked it up & found that he was a bread that does that. (Someone gave him & 2 hens ta DSis's kids.) After that I wnet ta Sonic. It' was Happy Hour. Then I went ta Pet'sMart ta git catnip. While I was there I bought a Betta. I've wanted another one ever since I bought this house. I was thinkin' I had the equipment. Well when I got home I couldn't find the macrame hanger that I had used before. So after I got him in his vase, w/a plant, I went ta Walmart ta find a macrame hanger. I found everythin' but a macrame hanger. LOL Once I was home DH & I went ta my DM's ta fix her printer. DH turned it on. Then we got home & had a nice supper.
    Bev

"Once I was home DH & I went ta my DM's ta fix her printer. DH turned it on."

ROFL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    "Once I was home DH & I went ta my DM's ta fix her printer. DH turned it on."

ROFL
    ROFL is right. Actually we didn't laugh till we left. I thought that DM was gonna crawl under the bed from embarrassment. She was sure that she had it on.
    Bev

GOODMORNING Ladies

oooohhh goodness.... I have just been too busy to sit down! let alone find a peaceful moment to sit down and write a bit.

I took the bunny hutch outside to give it a good cleaning from the winter... and started taking it apart and soon had a big old pile of nothing Bunnies are in a travel crate and none too happy about it... we will see how much they LOVE their new home when I FINALLY have time to finish it

End of School!!!! I sound like a broken record... Alice Cooper! LOL My dd is finished! ds has a few days more. they BOTH have finished with 97% to 100% on their final tests

We got several inches more of snow! I dont think I will have time for tomato planting this year.... I have shrubs and trees to do right away

We did ds birthday and all of the fun stuff that goes along with that! he had a good time I think

My refrigerator died last week so we drove over to sears (two hours away) and picked up a new one... also a new gas range followed me home we swapped out the fridge.. but havent has time to move stove in yet.

This coming weekend Im going to go see my Mom for a few days. and QUILT!!! Im excited it has been soooo long since we sat down together and sewed

My cat disappeared I thought I lost her... even taked to the kids about the possibility of her not coming home a week later she came home!!! I was so relieved I CRIED. soooo we are probably expecting kittens this summer that will be fun for the kids I think! I think Kitty missed me too! yesterday she brought me a kangaroo rat as big as her head.. still alive and dropped it in the kitchen at my feet so proud of herself

YES Dh and I are doing OK. it is SO much WORK and ALOT of talking.... exhausting! but I think we are getting somewhere
    I convinced him to take me and the kids on Vacation next month. I want to take them to Yellowstone

Have a good one ladies!!!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

So embarrassing......I slept since I made that comment and completely forgot.....I'm using my practice quilting blocks, joining and binding them to make a throw that can be used on the floor for babies before they begin to crawl. As they grow older it can be used for anything the kid can imagine in it's play. The quilting will be too tight for it to be cuddly. I won't call it a baby quilt because both the design and fabric are adult but it definitely has use for a baby.

Hi Everyone, After helping out for 2 days with my DS moving I was so exhausted I did absolutely nothing for 2 days...Last evening was the first time I was out since Tuesday...Celebrated my birthday with some freebies from TGIF. Still trying to remember where I put my camera...Felt pretty good this morning so I drove to the store to do some food shopping.. very easy supper tonite...spinach salad with rotisserie chicken drizzled with honey mustard dressing...I put all sorts of stuff in the salad..dried cherries, mandarin oranges, pecans..it's soooo good.

D_D, I had a cat that would bring dead squirrels in the house...I'm still amazed that a cat would be able to kill a squirrel.
    Have a good weekend all...

I've never had a cat but we had a Dalmatian that would catch those small hoppy toads in the back yard and bring those in. Usually they were still alive and I'd have to round them up. Yuck!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Lots happening here as usual, I haven't had time to comment to everybody so please forgive me. I am thinking of you all though.
    I have been buried beneath a quilt top for the past week determined to get it finished. So here is the big reveal. I am taking it to the LQS next week and she will baste it for me then I have to quilt it
    It is huge 87 x 107
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

That's lovely, Mirab. That's a Pam Bono pattern isn't it? Wow--great job. Her patterns are not the easiest to do. I take up half my sewing room just organizing the cut pieces and the largest I've done is a large table runner. You did an awesome job, can't wait to see how you quilt it.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

DDamsel ... a whirlwind as usual, but you sound so happy amidst the whirlwind! Here's to a great time quilting with your Mom! You have now given me a visual of building that new bunny hutch, complete with curtains and the finest of decor!

GGal ... glad I am not the only one who forgets what they post!

Honchey ... Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you!

JanRN ... you really need to have a cat experience!

MiraB ... all done and oh my .... it's oh so beautiful! It's been nice to see your previews as you worked on it and now it's all in one piece. Now to finish it with some of your fine quilting!

Beautiful Mirabelle.

I managed to get Cat's Paw complete tonight. Hope for two more blocks this weekend.

Mirabelle, stunning ! ! ! ! Any idea how to quilt it?

DD, great to see you again! I'm glad you're ok Good luck with your bunny hutch

That is some beautiful quilt Mirabelle !! You have such dedication to your craft...I applaud you!! Now you need to send me some of those batteries

Have any of you looked at doing, or done a "Jacks Chain"??? Im a little obsessed with this pattern as of right now... I have fabric to DO IT. it seems a little intimidating. hmmmmm... DONT LOOK Jan! its ALL y seams

It is so good to hear from everyone! I love every minute of it! our group is just the BEST!!! all of the talent and friendship just blows me away!!!

My mutual friend came back for a visit, all of the way from CO, on her way to further destinations... and it turns out we have much more in common than previously thought!!! she is a QUILTER on par with you ladies, showing her my works in progress she was helpful on finishing ideas and all praise for my piecing skills AND most everything I showed her had fabric she LOVED or already OWNS also! it was a GREAT confidence boost for me
    AND after email exchange... and phone numbers.... maybe I have a new close friend a girl can never have too many.
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, I didn't know the pattern but now I do Wow, it really looks intimidating! Great to find somebody who likes the same things!

And on an easier quilt - Old Indian Trail is finished.

Mirabelle, that is a great job on Out of Darkness; I have that one and the one with a white background, buried deep in my sewing room that will never see daylight in my lifetime. Did you log your hours it took to make the top? It looks to me like it would appraise out at about $3000.00 or more. Wow, you have topped your own record with that one. I hope after it is quilted, you email pictures back to Pam Bono.

D_D, ever wonder why a friend comes back to renew a friendship just when you need a friend to give you a boost of confidence when you need it?? Like, wow, it is not the greatest thing!!

One cannot have too many good frieinds; it is wonderful to meet a stranger and discover a new friend as well.

Still struggling along with Mama and her kittens....kittens come in different sizes, depending upon how well I am seeing for the moment, and hoping and thinking,.....it will get better.....it will get better....it will get better.Optic Nerve has gone down...but there is some nerve damage...but I am not blind....quite yet....I can see the computer screen and the television shows....Don't wait to capture your dreems....do it now....

Page 372 of 542 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 371 372 373 382 422 472 ... LastLast