Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 375 of 542 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 374 375 376 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Mirabelle--sorry to hear about your accident. Hope that things heal quickly and you can get back to sewing.

Hope all have a great day! It's beautiful weather here today.

**shivers**
    to see your hand MiraB ... this is not good!
    Looks like MrMiraB will be serving you fish while you are incapacitated. A proud little boy he is in those pics, with his big fishies!! And then sadly to have this happen. Do hope that it heals quickly ... but oh dear. Hope you are right handed, and it does not impede your sewing much.

GGal ... thanks for sorting that out for us! Too obvious for us to realize it was merely just threading the machine with dental floss!

Honchey ... good call ... I guess if we used waxed dental floss, we could get waxy goo building up, which could cause more problems.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Ouch Mirabelle. Hope you heal quickly. And I really hope you enjoy the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    Ouch Mirabelle. Hope you heal quickly. And I really hope you enjoy the fish.
    If it were me .... I don't think I could enjoy THAT fish, after what it did to me!

But the revenge of eating the fish who was innocent did that??? Wait a minute, the fish was hooked by DH. Dh failed to use the cleaning board provided in all charter fishing boats to clean the fish, instead opt to have Mirabelle hold it. Thank goodness it did not take off a finger!

Yes, enjoy every bite of that fish! And think about what you want new in the sewing room...dh owes you a big one back.

Yes, enjoy every bite of that fish! And think about what you want new in the sewing room...dh owes you a big one back.[/QUOTE]

BIG TIME!!!!

I agree--I'd fry him up good and enjoy every bite.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Thank you everyone. the fish was cleaned on the boat and he was filleting the fish when it happened. We have a long stainless steel bench and sink at the back of the house and I was holding the fillet up as it was heavy and he was slicing it off the carcass. Gee hope that made sense.

DH cooked roast lamb for dinner and it was delicious, also did the dishes, win win..

I am about to head to the Docs to have a tetanus shot. Lucky he missed the tendons and nerves, as this morning I can move my fingers freely.

I was so bored yesterday I actually had a nap in the afternoon, something I never do

Chat to you all later.

PS I am left handed
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I agree--I'd fry him up good and enjoy every bite.
    Hubby or fish?

Ok, been working on placement of cats in Wall hanging....which is most pleasing to look at...mockup One or Two or Three: Name:  1-DSCN0090.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  200.7 KBName:  1-DSCN0101.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  162.9 KBName:  1-DSCN0102.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  169.3 KBCounting from left to right. Thanks.

I like # 1 the best..

I like #3 best!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks ladies; sorry the pictures came out so large. Let's try again and make them smaller for comparing color arrangement:Name:  1-DSCN0098.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  55.3 KBName:  1-DSCN0101.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  57.0 KBName:  1-DSCN0102.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  52.3 KBHope that is better. ...one has more orange. Red one moves down in number three.

I like #3 also.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

IMHO for this pattern, there is no "right" way for placement.
    Each takes on its own look.

To look at all at once, I used the first set of pics, and used "Control Minus", til I had them all shrunk to view on the monitor at once.

As a note ... in the second set of pictures, the first and second are the same.

Originally, as the first set shows, two orange cats are on top, then one orange cat, then none on top. Second time around apparently I skipped the first mode,and copied two of the second. Sorry, My eye sight is not always seeing things the way they are...to me the color arrangement makes it different how one views the whole picture. I am 'framing' each pair (Mama and kitten) with thin black slashing and putting a white/black fence under each pair to sit on.

But I am feeling very blessed with eye sight good enough to thread the needle! Amazing grace, big difference from being blind! Onward in the Quilt Room to finish UFOs.

QNSue ... My apologies. My comment about the second set was not meant to upset you any.

I was only trying to help those that followed, so they would know, and not be scratching their heads to try to find the difference, like I was.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 05-26-2014 at 09:30 AM.

In our family, we have been known to say: when you scratch your head, be careful not to get any splinters...LOL! No offense taken. Its a known fact I am blind in one eye and have lost some vision in the right eye...and still in denial of any problem with that...still quilting! I choose to 'try' on the cats before going back to other projects in the making. It is building up my confidence to continue onward on the other projects. I did choose one color arrangement, will revel that one later. Have a good day! Enjoy family and friends...etc. on this American Holiday...and remember those who have graves overseas that never came home from fighting for freedom.

Blog Entries
    Have missed quite a bit....
    Oh my something is finally slowing mirabelle down...but a big ouch is not the way to do it. Hope it's getting better. What beautiful fish!
    QNS--Cats are looking great. I favor 2 or 3--too tired to think why!
    Yes Ggal--the beds need replenishing every couple years or so. #1 DS hauled in 3 skidsteer loads of dirt for me to divvy up.
    Later I'll share my weekend--suffice it to say we accomplished so much in the past 2 days and now I am bushed. Going to take a nap.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Going to share a few pics from our weekend. DD and family; SIL and hubby were here and we did lots of yard work. Meanwhile DIL and kids worked in the barn--kids have lots of white paint in their hair! BIL hauled manure and worked in the field. DH and DS with help of the kids picked up around the buildings. DD cleaned out under the trees and built a new firepit in addition to helping get beds mulched.Name:  Amy  firepit.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  334.7 KB
    SIL's status as favorite SIL is embedded in stone! I've been waiting 7 years to get this vision a reality.Name:  Huub's rock work2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  351.3 KB
    My SIL has a great green thumb and helped finish these projects.Name:  Sandy door flowers planted and big bed mulched.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  259.1 KBName:  Sandy a tank full of flowers.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  301.9 KBName:  Sandy back side of the door.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  373.1 KB

Wow alot accomplished and now to get it finished off.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Ya did git a lot done this weekend! Ya'll did all o' that while I just sewed, watched movies & listened ta rain.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I accidentally posted this on the week 20 (Girls Joy) thread. I'll post it here now. (This is where it goes.)

WOW! It rained so much while I was in Brady. I can't remember seein' rain for more that 1 day in years. At least not since I've been married. We got 5 inches in Brady & 3 inches here in Midland!
    We had a great time. We did git the lots mowed & most o' the area around the house before the rain hit. I did git a block done for a cancer geometric quilt. I also did a li'le bit o' work on the QAYG Sunbonnet Sue. I've been workin' on it for about 2 years. I don't work on it at home so I have decided not ta bring it home. Maybe I need ta take it ta a retreat. It's for a DF o' DH. Her DM died about 12 years ago & had all o' these blocks appliqued & hand quilted. I'm joinin' 'em tagether. Ya'd think it wouldn't take so much prep ta git it ready ta sew.
    We watched 2 new movies & several that we have already seen.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Mirabelle...won't be long and you'll be sewing again. I bet your DH was upset when it happened.
    QNS...Nice to see you doing well with the sewing.
    Dubib...I thought of you and hoped that you would be getting rain.
    OK...boy you can send your crew here anytime. I really enjoyed your pictures! What is it that you have spread over the rock around your raised beds? I suspect lime but not sure.
    My iPad has died. It fell on the floor about 1 1/2 years ago so it has served me well. Getting used to the laptop again. It doesn't auto correct. I've managed a couple hours a day in the garden over the weekend and it's starting to show. Still need to plant a lot of stuff but the weeds are getting under control and my new edger/trimmer reclaimed the pavers along the one bed that had all but been lost in the grass. The one clematis I thought had winter killed has come to life. Hooray. I found a animal hide in the one raised bed. I think the fox thought he had claimed it for his last year and was just informing me he hadn't changed his mind. The neighbor lady feeds them...the foxes...and a neighbor a couple of streets over shoots them. Go figure. Did get a little quilting done and am current with all the BOMs. Must get back to the SYE and finish assembling it. Also have a couple to bind.

OKSGlad ... like a little army working for you and what great work they did!! Now, to get all those posies growing and ready to strut their stuff for all the photo ops to come. I really like your unique touches to the beds, with the added items!

GGal ... Good for you for not trying to do it all at once! I've done very little here. Because of all icestorm clean up work, I decided this is my minimalistic year for the beds. Will see what really is there and try to make good notes/pics to document to know what needs to be moved or added to make a difference. Oh dear, for the neighbour who encourages the wildlife by feeding ... not good in a built up area!

And yes, today is another bush day!

Blog Entries
    Ggal--it's 3/4" crushed rock (limestone), so yes lots of lime in it. When the rain comes it will wash off the big limerock and settle into the cracks. On the paths we put plastic down before the limerock. I want to put rock around the firepit, too. Now outdoors before it gets too warm.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 375 of 542 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 374 375 376 385 425 475 ... LastLast