Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 325 of 542 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 324 325 326 335 375 425 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Anael for this pattern you can cut each block before you start sewing. I had all the pieces in zip lock bags and I marked them with the size pieces. I have made another of her quilts and I had to cut the entire quilt before I could start sewing. Hopefully this week I can start cutting the centre panel and get it underway.

There is a mistake in that block which I have just fixed, a red triangle out of place I have just sewn Section D to this, only 1 more to go, maybe that will get done tomorrow
    Karen

I think I will do the Pussy Willow Gang Quilt first, no cutting, just machine applique

So, let me tell you what my goals are for the rest of this month:
    - finishing the Medallion Quilt - needs FMQ and binding
    - making my Sylvia blocks for this month
    - making a few (don't know how many) Jane blocks
    - celebrating the twins's first birthday
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

You will certainly be busy Anael. and of course your last goal is super important

Here are my goals for January

8 Sylvia blocks - 2 more to make
    4 50 Fab Stars - 2 more to make
    finish Block 10 Out of the Darkness - tomorrow
    cut and start piecing the centre panel for Out of the Darkness
    Kaleidoscope blocks - going to work on this one at my Friday club meeting

that should keep me busy for the next few weeks

whose next !!!
    Karen

Mirab, that quilt is going to be spectacular. I love the colors you're using. I've done a few PB patterns and I end up with tons of little baggies filled and labeled with my pieces; I think that's the only way to do her patterns. I also had to make sure my seam allowances were perfect--no room for error. Great job.

My list: 50 Fab Stars ( I have about 20 made so far)
    SYE blocks when new ones are posted
    MB quilt when last block rec'd
    Quilt large 12 sided star from Cheryl Phillips collection
    DJ blocks when the mood (or QE) strikes me

Not a lot and certainly not only for the next month. These are long term goals, real looooong term!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Goodmorning all!!!

Congrats!!! Im always in AWE at the creations you ladies DO!
    GGal what a spectacular flimys of Celtic Solstice your piecing skills have got to be great to do a BH and have it look THAT good
    Jan, I have been sneaking around to see your finishes as well! CONGRATS
    QuiltE I LOVE your four patch it may be out of your style a little but it IS beautiful
    Anael how many more days???? I cant wait
    Mirabelle I loved the pattern the minute i saw it! and your blocks are STUNNING... please keep showing progress so I can droooool
    NinaSue, Honchey, CarrieM, SewGladie, JeanieG, GrannyQ, DubB, JanieW you ladies ARE the best! I truly appreciate your Friendships, the Caring, and Support!!!

Have a GOOD one

ooops I guess if I dont mention any projects... none can hold me to it? I have TEA potholders I have been FMQ practicing on and need to finish two before I can pick up BIG machine and get out little machine, I finished top for 1 niece quilt and only need to do 6 steam a seam lady bugs for 2 niece quilt. which I am trying to finish in the next week so I can take it to my Mom to be hand quilted. I started ANOTHER project yesterday.. just cutting so far, another niece quilt, a row sampler... it should be FUN. I have four placemats for sister I decided to hand quilt, still 6 quilts sitting to be machine quilted, behind on Spike, almost done with PC flimsy and BB flimsy... my ACTUALL list of projects started is shamefully LONG.... so I wont be sharing THAT
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Some great goals being posted ... just be sure to keep them realistic for the remaining 19 days of January. And within perspective of what else is happening in your lives.

My List ...
    I'll ponder it for a bit and post before the end of the day!!!

MiraB ... definitely it's your son's fault, but it is really your fault, as you should not make such good food, to bring the bloodhound home!!!!! With it looking so good now ... I can only imagine how amazing the whole quilt will be!

Anael ... your mechanics come to you? We have to take our cars to them! I'm sure he was not amused when he showed up on your doorstep. Hopefully you were not there and did not have to listen to his ire! Do you not have to cut the Pussy Willows? Or does it come pre-cut? Now that'll be a fun one to do!

JanRN ... **s*t*r*i*k*e** Go ahead and admit it ... you're having fun with those little ones!!! Remember, it's a backgrounder and no pressure ... just a when you feel like it, but I know that is often!

DDamsel ... I don't think I can count all of my PhDs!! So don't feel embarrassed about yours. Just set a simple goal for one or two as to how far you will take them by the end of January. Believe me, I am going to keep mine on the low side! Better to feel the achievement, and be encouraged than to be disappointed and frustrated! I'm finally starting to learn that it always takes me a lot longer than I expect ........ and you have a lot more distractions and reasons than I do. Because of that, I can't help but wonder how you get anything done!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

DD, their birthday is the 20st so 8 more days!

QuiltE, I do have to cut the Pussy Willows but only the whole block and the applique parts, by far not as many as Mirabelle has to cut!!

Can't wait to see what your fabric choices for the PussyWs will be ...
    ...... and how you will make the results unique!!

QuiltE, the mechanic was for maintenance on my stairlift And yes, sometimes a mechanic will come to the house to fix my car too
    You will have to wait a little longer on the Pussy Willows because I don't start them yet but they're high on the list!

the end of January? ?? I shouldnt commit to ANYTHING then!!!

Anael, what kind of party are yall having? Im just TOO excited here
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, I don't know. We have 4 who celebrate their birthday the same day. My DDIL had hers on January 7th, my DS and the twins January 20st. It will be all about the twins I guess ! ! ! I will take my camera with me and make pictures. Oh BTW we celebrate the 19th so one day early.

And how will you celebrate, Anael?

DDamsel ... what's happening the end of January on your front? Is that DHsDDs due date? Make another quilt, or six!!!

By the end of January, I want to have 3 more of the "50 Star" blocks done and get my first border on the "Medallion quilt/round robin"...there is more I want to do, but don't know how much sewing I will be able to do for the next two weeks. I am having a procedure called tenex done on my elbow on Monday...it will remove the dead tissue in my elbow to make room for new cells/tissue to grow. This is a new procedure, something my doctor has done on a few patients all with great results...so I am hoping for the same.

Anael ... of course, what was I thinking ... mechanics do more than cars!

CarrieM ... Oh I hope this new procedure is just what you need!! Good Luck!

So here goes my January commitment .............
    (and you can commit me too!)

1. Finish three quilt tops, with backing ready for sandwiching and binding prepared for finishing.
    a) D4P (already done) b) BCS Mystery (backing almost done, binding and flange yet to be made) c) D4P (not even sure if I have the backing yet, binding dependent on backing decision)

2. MBs for January and February to be made. (obviously, mail January's!)

3. Get out ♥ blocks and discover what is hiding in that box!!! Then decide what to do with them!

4. Complete 13 DJ blocks during the month (2 done already ... and a few are in progress already)

Wow QuiltE, you have a lot to do the rest of this month Finishing meaning you quilt them yourself?

How I will celebrate? I celebrate each day because they're with us and I am still here too

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Wow QuiltE, you have a lot to do the rest of this month Finishing meaning you quilt them yourself?

How I will celebrate? I celebrate each day because they're with us and I am still here too
    Oh goodness Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... finish the quilt top with backing ready for sandwiching .... no sandwiching to be accomplished in January! Just all ready and waiting for when the moment strikes with the binding made too, so that once that quilting happens, then I can go right to putting on the binding. Plus ... avoids me accidentally using the fabrics that would become binding.

Yes indeed ... a huge celebration that they have done so well! And you too!!!
    Big Party time!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you do that too. Using fabrics that would become something else I do that all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you do that too. Using fabrics that would become something else I do that all the time!
    I learned my lesson a few yrs ago ..... and now keep a separate stash for each project to hopefully prevent that happening, til I am finished and done! Even if it is how many years? So when I am this close, I can get the bindings done and let the pieces fly back to the main stash!

Interesting dialog flying from Canada to Netherlands and back again...isn't it wonderful we all can communicate on QB board this way? By all means, Anael, we want pictures of the SewGrands on their birthday.

My new Alaska Star is all done:Name:  DSCN0089.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  165.6 KBBackground is white with star an Air Force blue, with the center petal representing the 'black gold'=oil, gold represents gold, that is still being found up there, red is for the burning flame of propane, drilling companies burn off from the oil, making the sky red at night. Blue is for the Glaciers, waters, and ocean up there. You can see the fish literally swinning around, looking down into the clear waters there. And with 6 months of snow, there's all kinds of sports outside in the winter time, including dog sled racing...snowmobile racing....ice fishing. Dh was there 18 months of AF duty, I was there 13 months.

I wonder how many different blues and reds I can find for my stars...like that theme; never have done a 'whole' thing with one theme, so this will be the first for me. Illustrated by photos on Carrie's 50 Star site how to do the middle so lays flat. But you all probably know how to do that...just do not sew into the last 1/4 seam allowance in the center, let it twirl around instead.

This month dictates to me to do the Irish Mist, MBs, and SYEs, maybe some Sylvia, Dear Jane, and more stars. This warmer weather is a welcome break; trip to hometown was very pleasant this morning, all ice and snow is gone.

Anael - so happy for you and your family. You have so much to be thankful for! We have "riden" along with you on the birth of our SewGrands, watched them grow from tiny, tiny babies to one year olds! Wow - I just cannot believe my eyes when I see them now! They are just beautiful!

QNS - that block is gorgeous!

These are the things I want to complete this month:

Mystery Block for January
    Finish December's and do January's Spike Block
    Complete three Star Blocks
    Work on Celtic Solstice Blocks (have 10 done, 39 more to go - I try to do two a day)
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carriem prayers coming your way that the procedure works and you get the relief you want.

Anael, wow a lot of certainly happened in the last 12 months, I remember us all holding our breath as we waited for your updates on Bram and Isa and celebrating with you each milestone reached. Please give them a big hug from all of us. Maybe we could all meet in the RV for a party that day.

I am really liking everyones goals, but do remember they are not set in concrete I was always told aim low and achieve high so if you list small goals and achieve more you will feel more motivated. I just really want to stay on track with the BOM's I have started so that is my main goal this year and to keep my ufo's under 10 we will wait and see if that happens.

Will post a pic of my finished block today, only have one section to go I was going to finish it last night but watched a movie instead..

NinaSue I love your block and as always a wonderful story to go with it.

QuiltE you have certainly taken up the challenge for January, good luck
    Karen

Wow a year! Those baby's sure struggled right at first! Such precious ones. We will celebrate alright!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

My plans for January are 13 ladyblocks. I joined a swap so that I can give my DGD the ladybugs. I think she will love 'em so much that she will face her fear o' the needle goin' through her finger & let me help her ta sew 'em tagether.
    One o' my retreat friends suffered breast cancer last year. She laughed at the the dots that they tattooed on her for the radiation placement. We teased her about doin' a dot ta dot block. It quickly escalated ta each o' us makin' a block for someone else that is goin' through the same thing. We all send our blocks back ta her, she will sash 'em & quilt it. She has already picked a young girl ta give it ta. I received my dot pattern yesterday. This will be my first landscape & I will do fusible applique' another first. I ordered Inktense ta give it some depth. It has ta be mailed out by Jan 1st.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Bev what a wonderful thing to do, I am sure it will bring comfort to the recipient

I have finished the last block for Out of the Darkness, now to start cutting the centre panel.

I don't know how it happened but I have 4 pieces left over maybe that is just to mess with my brain I know I shouldn't have but I did !!!! I counted the pieces in this block and there were 256

I am actually finding a new found enthusiasm for this quilt, I (on purpose) forgot about it when I packed it away. Maybe I just needed no distractions to work on it again..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

It's fun to read the plans for the month. I started keeping a white board with my list about a year ago and it has kept me a little more sane and focused. I have moved blocks to flimsies for 4 quilts and while still UFO's, they are the motivation to move into actual quilting this year. I have QAYG blocks all ready for practicing on so that has to be first on my list every week and maybe by the middle of the year, I can start working through my flimsies. Along with our Mystery blocks and SYE, I have 4 other projects planned for this year. UFO's that need assembling to be worked on...there are 7 not counting my header and ender project. The one that floats to the top first is my Ocean Waves. I have only a few more blocks to piece before I can finish joining all of the rows and the extra strips will find a home in my header and ender project. So 3 quilted blocks, and Ocean Waves all pieced and set together although maybe not bordered and staying current with everything else is my January goal.

Page 325 of 542 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 324 325 326 335 375 425 ... LastLast