Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 376 of 542 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 375 376 377 386 426 476 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us Oksewglad, looks very inviting around that fire pit..

Got my tetanus shot and the wound site is healing although I am getting a lump between my fingers, it is still very tender and bruised but I am sewing yay!!!! and DH did a lot of dishwashing and laundry had to pay penance somehow..

I am busy trying to get all my bow/s up to date so I can play around with some other stuff
    Karen

OK, great place to be! But a lot of work!!!

Mirabelle, glad you're healing and sewing again though I don't like lumps
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Just knew it would not keep you down for long, MiraB!
    What's the secret to your fast healing?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Mirabelle, I hope the 'lump' is not scarring inside the healed area first. Hope all turns out well for you.

Ok, what a beautiful site you have shared with us, and how your family all works together to make it happen. How wonderful for all of you, and every one wins big time.

I have just learned through a classmate met accidentally at the pharmacy where I pick up our medicines once a month, that my brother's boy (MAN now, with children and grandchildren) was divorced by his wife. The wife apparently sped off to sign the divorce papers in an angry state of mind...ended up not fasting her seat belt...rolled the truck, totaling it out and went through the windshield, thrown out cutting her face and head severely, Cutting a portion of one ear off, and Broke two vertebrate in her back and her left arm. And , apparently, still angered, checked her self out of the hospital. What a heartache for so many, because anger blinded any logical and sensible action. My heart bleeds for them but cannot help because of my brother's attitude toward me....which prevented my actions of ever knowing his children because I was not religious enough for him to tolerate me around them or have contact with them. And we were raised in the same household, to hold family in the highest regard...which apparently he has forgotten all about. Sorry, I just had to vent a bit. Maybe someone else will use a cooler mind and not go charging off in a fit of angry from reading this. That is my hope, anyway.

QuiltE I don't know the secret but I have always healed fast, which can be a bummer as you don't get the sympathy for very long The slice in between my fingers was about 3/4 inch long now looks like a paper cut The lump is going down a little, if it is still there in a week will head back to the Docs to check it out.

NinaSue so sorry to hear of your family problems, yes anger can certainly cloud ones judgement.
    Karen

{{{{{{{{{{Huggs Sue!}}}}}}}}}}
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

So glad you are healing so well Mirabelle. Accidents happen and I'm glad this one is turning out to be less than it originally sounded like.

Yes, QNS. Anger is responsible for a lot of problems, especially behind the wheel of a several thousand pound vehicle. My trick in rush hour? Swear under my breath then breathe. Breathe again and then adjust speed, position or whatever to let the idiot get away from me. When you are in thick rush hour every single work day you have to come up with some trick to keep the anger in check. The best trick would be retirement, though.

Speaking of time off - the final batiks have arrived for my PC. This weekend, I'll be taking a photo of all of the fabrics together. Any interest in my posting it here?

w4m--I would like to see your fabrics all together.

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    ........Speaking of time off - the final batiks have arrived for my PC. This weekend, I'll be taking a photo of all of the fabrics together. Any interest in my posting it here?
    That would be a big yeeeeeeeeeehaw ... more Halloween batiks!
    and doubly so yeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwww ........ photo op!!

What were you thinking?
    Of course, you know we want to see!

All of us has our moments of insanity in our life and how we handle our problems, and K was set by personal emotions, even though she is trained counselor. Life has a way of doing that unfortunately. And with road rage today and most cars having a gun to protect themselves, its a little scary. When my Father wore his special uniform from guard duty at Los Almos testing A bomb site, home to Iowa, all traffic speed traps cops just waved him on through the stop...they did not know what the uniform meant and did not care to find out. Deputy US Marshal uniform he wore later was easier to ID by other cops.

Yes, W4m, our weakness here is fabric...and quilting. We love to admire and see any one's 'finds' that they want to share. I ordered a special seam ripper yesterday....magnifier and light on it. Its hard to see black on black and rip out the seam.

Goodmorning!!!

WOW so much happens when I step away for a bit! forgive me for not addressing each of you!

I had a GREAT four days with my Mom she was working the whole time, but we STILL spent so much time TALKING! it is amazing how many words can come out of a mouth, LOL
    I spent time with my youngest sis, and brother... which was needed!

I sewed SOOOoooooo much! and still didnt get as much done as I could have if I hadnt forgotten that one bag! SIGH.... oh well!!!
    I finished piecing the top of the row quilt for my niece, my sister squeeled when she saw it! I think it couldnt have turned out better! and FINALLY took pictures of the other two niece quilts completed! (the butterfly and ladybug Mom quilted) YAY so I get to share those with yall

Just dropping by for a minute! packing! DH promised to take me and kids on vacation Super excited and worried here, we have never been on vacation with the kids.... oooohhhh I stayed up HOURS last night cutting pieces for a hand sewing project I have been working on FOREVER! lets not forget to pack the clothes eh? LOL

HUGS for all!!!
    Have a GOOD one ladies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

W4me, sure we want to see your fabrics ! ! !

DD, I hope you will have a great vacation! Where're you going? I love your quilts ! ! ! The one with the black background is my favorite but I love them all

Fabulous quilts DD. The ladybugs and butterflies are great but I especially love the contrast of the heart/black background quilt.

Oh really cute quilts DD! Have a great vacation, and did I remember correctly that you are going to Yosemite??? I love that park!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

DD have a great time! I love all o' your quilts but I think my favorite is the ladybug one. Hmmm I guess my DGD has rubbed off on me.
    Bev

Hey ya'll. Taday was a busy one. I had #2DSon use the blower/vacume ta vacuume leaves outta my flower beds then I got the shop vac & vacuumed the acorns outta my beds. I would have left the leaves but they got in the way o' me gittin' the acorns. I got 2 beds cleared. I'll mulch those 2 tamarrow. Then I'll work on gittin' the accorns outta the other beds a bit at a time.
    Bev

DDamsel ..... a quilting holiday with your Mom and now one with your DH and the kids! ENJOY every minute of it!!! Great quilts .... I'm another one for the black row quilt as being a favourite. I've never done one, but now you have me pretty intrigued. I'm sure your nieces think you are THE BEST Auntie, making them such special quilts! Now get that packing done ... and get away for that holiday!

dublb - Spring is hard work, isn't it? But the rewards are great.

So, for those who said they wanted to see a photo of all the fabrics for my PC, and even for those who don't really want to see it, here it is.
    Name:  All the fabrics.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  427.5 KB
    I have sorted them according to collections. The final 5 are on the left. They are the new Timeless Treasures Spooky batiks. I'm thinking of the bats for my backing, or not. I have 6.5 yards of it, just in case. I love, love, love the multi-coloured webs from that collection as the colours flow so well. I guess I'll force myself to buy more of it, just in case. It's already sold out in a few places. That means there are more people like me out there. Scary thought.
    I'm not expecting any new fabrics to pop up as it is too late in the year (yes, I really said that). The only new fabrics will therefore be from the works4me Halloween collection 2014.
    Last edited by works4me; 05-29-2014 at 06:56 PM.

W4Me ... that's one spooktacular array of fabrics!!!! And all batiks ... amazing!
    The tonals in the bat fabric really gives it movement, almost a 3-D effect too, and would make for a great backing IMHO! Another possibility would be to do a scrappy backing of your leftovers!

Beautiful fabrics W4Me, can't wait to see more of your PC blocks, it is going to be spooktacular (sorry QuiltE I had to do it)

DDamsel its good to hear from you, sounds like you had a great time with your Mom and now a family holiday, enjoy every moment. Love all your quilts but my favourite (If I had to pick) would be the row by row.
    Karen

I love those fabrics w4me!! Never knew there were so many of them

Mirabelle...so glad that your hand is healing well.
    carrie....hope your new job arrangement works out well for you and that the headaches are a little more manageable.
    works4me...quite a selection you have there. Do you prefer working with batiks?
    dubib.....I never heard of vacuuming garden beds before. I'm lucky to keep the house done. Do you "comb" the grass?
    DD...wonderful quilts. I really like the row quilt too. Have a wonderful vacation!
    Things are a little more under control in my sewing room. I've finally gotten gears shifted and am now getting some finishing done. Finished quilting the baby quilt and trimmed 3 so they are ready for binding. No pictures until I have them completed. I also figured out the last row of the SYE so it is ready for the final borders. I didn't realize how that was bogging me down just having it lay there.

Thanks everyone. I was surprised at how many Halloween batiks were available once I started really searching. And by searching I mean going to page 10 on Google results. And, a couple were easy. QuiltE found the Timeless Treasures collection for me. I just had to wait until it showed up in the online stores and then wait until they replaced the stock as some of them sold out in a matter of days.

QuiltE - the bats look different in the photo than IRL. They look better in the photo, to me. I have the option to use the bat fabric as my backing, or I can make one large scrappy block or ... Lots of time to decide.

gardnergal - I don't have a preference for batiks or not. Batiks is just how this quilt unfolded. One thing I know is that there is a lot less give to batiks if I need to massage a seam into line. Maybe this is a good thing and is making me more accurate. Great to hear you are finishing some projects. Amazing how we can let one project get us stuck.

this is the book I used for all three quilts

http://www.amazon.com/Cuddle-Quilts-...+cuddle+quilts

the row quilt EVOLVED on me... growing how it wished too! I doubted how it would come together in the end... soooo glad it did

Each of the quilts match the personality of the receiver perfectly it is ALOT of fun for me and a challenge to find the PERFECT fabric and pattern for a specific person or purpose!

Have a GOOD one ladies!!! see you soooon
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

W4m - Those are nice fabrics! Your PC is just gonna be lovely!
    GG - LOL I tried ta scoop up the acorns, I tried ta rake 'em up, I tried ta shovel 'em up. Taday my DGS gathered a few o' 'em for me. Some o' the beds have 'em 5 inches deep. Even vacuuming up will take me forever.
    PS I pay my DF ta come & vacuum my house. LOL At least the shop vac I don't bend near as much as the house vacuum cleaner needs.
    Bev

Page 376 of 542 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 375 376 377 386 426 476 ... LastLast