Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 276 of 542 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 275 276 277 286 326 376 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Dublb--it's ok if you didn't sew or unpack. I didn't either (from my retreat)! Maybe tomorrow afternoon...

Bev we do what makes us happy each and every day.. I am sure your garden will make you smile every time you see a new flower.
    Oksewglad so sorry to hear your news, but you will have lots of memories of wonderful times spent together.

Smurfette is now securely attached and she makes me smile
    Karen

MiraB ... I am SO glad that Canadian twist made those muffins a tropical hit! I'm always nervous sharing a recipe, for fear that it is not liked!! Two more winners for McDs! What a wonder you are!! Wonder? who the Smurfette came from ... I bet I can guess! Oh the changes your life has taken.

GGal ... great progress on your Spikes. Guess what? I am hoping to get Spike-ing with the November pair!

DublB ... Looks like your friend will be back to sew with you very soon, and you can spoil her baby while she does! If he is not working, will she be able to predict when the "safe" time to come is? Good Luck with the escape plans. You can only do so much ... and sometimes you just have to take a break from all the work that has to be done and allow your body to catch up and regenerate.

OKSGlad ... laughing at the Smurfette in need of dramamine! Some good memories to be had for all during a sad time. Then off you go, for your grand tour!

Has anyone heard from Anael?
    I am worried with fright about both Bram and her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Time for haircuts again, so DH is driving today, I suspect my eye will not see clearly until after the operation on the 1st of Nove. Perhaps I can get my bf to type a note or two so you'all can get the latest news then.

Everyone take. Dublb, remember Rome was not built in a day..take your time and take care of your self. Enjoy the day, it is beautiful but cold here, down to 28 degrees officially.

Blog Entries
    Just checked her profile QE--Anael hasn't posted since last Saturday. We need a RV circle of healing thoughts for her and her family.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

GoodMorning Ladies Im home again... SIGH! it feels good! since my MB was mailed out on the 15th I guess I get to relax for a bit huh? sadly I stuck it in the envelope before taking a final picture! Anael will think I dont love her

My sister I swear she is nuttier than me! we spent and entire day sewing Barbie doll dresses out of old socks! well SHE spent all day... I got tired and quit, then watched her and knitted. I should rethink knitting around family... everyone wants me to make them something now.

the six quilts I spray basted are sitting here staring at me O.O five are lap size for my Dh grandkids, and one queen size for my DhDD... Im HOPING to use my new machine and do a decent job of it. I dont think anyone will notice the difference if it isnt up to par... but it will bug the heck out of me! so I better do a good job dang it!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Just checked her profile QE--Anael hasn't posted since last Saturday. We need a RV circle of healing thoughts for her and her family.
    SewGladie I was just noticing this as well, I hope she is alright. Im sending LOTS of health hugs her way!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

I'll join you in the RV to send lots of virtual hugs to Anael and all of you who aren't feeling up to par or dealing with sad things. It's very chilly hear with flurries so I'll bring some hot Italian Wedding Soup for our dinner.

Finally have today off (we work 8-6 4 days a week and always have Wednesdays off) so I'm trying to get caught up on all the posts. Waved at my S-16 and hope to get out there this afternoon to do some more practice FMQing. How much practice does it take? I depress myself with my efforts and it's too early in the day for a glass of wine LOL. Take care, all, and I'll catch up again on the week-end.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I heard there was Italian Wedding Soup and came running!!
    mmmmmmm .... thanks JanRN!
    And with your lunch/soup break over, get yourself out to S16 for the afternoon!

DDamsel ... having a stack of quilts ready to go, will be an incentive just to get at it and will give you just what you want ... practice practice practice! I'd say by the time you have all of those done, you will be feeling quite accomplished. Now to find the "time" away from all your wifely and motherly duties. I bet your DH will be a sweetie and just say go to it, and he'll leave you be while the kids are at school each day!

Surely there will be some MBs arriving? I need a fix!

I'm gonna work on my MB taday. It's PP & the foundations are cut out & so are the templates. The fabric is washed & ready ta press. As soon as I git & plant 6 more pansys. I realized that I had missed one sm flowerbed & DH handed me some $ ta go & git some more. (Outta his allowance! ) I had used my allowance for the others. My allowance is my fabric $ so I didn't want ta spend any moer. I had already spent $70.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Here is the link for the old house. We have already got an offer. It was way low so we. We have a price that we want & the offer was too low.
    http://www.usamls.net/legacyrealestate/default.asp?content=expanded&search_content=results&this_format=1&mls_number=96463&page=1&query_id=137072253&sortby=2
    It has been neglected for way too long. Time for someone else ta git it & fix it up.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Anael said she would be off a week, so we will keep our prayers going her way through Saturday. Her fever came up and she was seeing the doctor, as I understand from what she said. JanRN, nice you have a day to catch up on things.

Mailed my MB to ____________ today, so ETA is end of the week. More cleaning on deck tomorrow; I am 'attacking' the linen closet in my bathroom. Too many things have been tucked in there out of sight, like shoes I will never wear again, etc., so will add it to the burn pile...and wash all the towels which I try to do twice a year. Stay warm and cozy everyone.

Yum Italian Wedding Soup sounds delicious,

Lots of prayers and hugs to everyone who is having a difficult time at the moment, whether it be health or family problems. The RV is a wonderful place to rest and recharge.

I was supposed to go to patchwork this morning BUT DS did not have a good evening, first he burnt his dinner so he decided to go buy some KFC (yuk) only to walk out the store to find some indigenous youths had broken his passenger side mirror, police were called but couldn't find the delinquents. He left his car with me and took my car for his early morning start at work. Took his car to the Panel shop this morning and ordered a new mirror $509 plus fitting costs I was going to take a pic of the damage but DH bagged up the mirror and had it secured so it wouldn't damage the paint work on his car as you drove along. Went to DS's work to swap cars back and took a pic of his office with all the computer screens.

So I am going to quilt this morning, hope everyone has a great day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

...............butttttttt no pic of the DDS!
    Mom's car to the rescue ................. again!

Anyone else interested in the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Celtic Solstice? Here is the link to the fabric requirements.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/...ng-celtic.html
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG I thought of you when I saw her post. I am so torn on whether to participate in this mystery. As usual her colour choices put me off a little and when I can't visualise the quilt I can't decide on alternate colour ways.
    Karen

Hi Everyone, Guess What???? I made chicken soup today...I add chopped escarole & okra to it besides the regular vegetables...little stars for the noodles and the kids loved it..served it with Challah bread & butter..it was sooo good...have lots left over so we'll have it for another meal or two...Saved part of the chicken & made chicken salad too...

I've been working on my MB and this is the 3rd one that isn't fitting the way I want it to...My printer is going to have to go...it keeps on printing the patterns short on one side...It copies perfectly but when copying from a pattern online it goes wonky on me...I have to take the block apart and draw the pattern myself to redo it...I hope to get it finished by tomorrow.
    I have to see the DR tomorrow for my right knee...Will be asking him about the Vail, Colorado clinic and the procedures they're doing there....My apt is at 7 a.m. Oh so early!!! I'm normally just turning over at that time...
    Have a good one everyone...I'll be very busy tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    JeanieG I thought of you when I saw her post. I am so torn on whether to participate in this mystery. As usual her colour choices put me off a little and when I can't visualise the quilt I can't decide on alternate colour ways.
    I know what you mean Mirabelle - because it is a mystery, I go with her colors! They are VERY bright to me too. I picked up the paint chips today - wow! I think there will be tons of neutrals in this quilt to tone the colors down. She usually has a lot of neutrals in her quilts. I am glad she has two sizes to work with. I definitely don't need a king size! I think this will make a great child's quilt.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG I think I will download all the parts for the mystery and see if I like it when it is revealed. I know that is not in the spirit of a mystery but Bonnie's quilts are a lot of work and if I don't like it I will never finish it. I hope that makes sense.

I made Roll Roll Cotton Boll but changed it up a little and didn't make the string blocks.

I would also have to purchase fabric as I would only have a few pieces of orange, not a lot of yellow and my greens tend to be the same tonings.
    Karen

Honchey your soup sounds delicious, but I have to ask, what is Challah bread, I have never heard of it.
    Karen

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/challah

Challah bread is a slightly sweet egg bread similar to Hawiian bread...I make my soup with an already cooked rotisserie chicken..I add 2 quarts of chicken stock and 2 quarts of water...I remove the breasts from the chicken ..the meat dries out otherwise...I also add whatever juices are in the container that the chicken comes in, after about 3 hours of simmering I remove the rest of the chicken, skin & bones..debone it set it aside..I add carrots, celery, potatoes...sometimes cut up okra when available fresh..let it cook till veggies tender..I will then add the cut up escarole and return the chicken to the pot..I cook little pasta stars separately...the kids love little pastas...easier for them to spoon up...For the rest of us in the USA..I get the Kendall brand chicken broth from Dollar Tree..$1 for a quart..it's very good...no MSG!
    I don't add any salt to this as the chicken is already seasoned...I will sometimes use 2 chickens & double the broth...I will make chicken salad from the meat of the second chicken..celery & mayo only..This way I have a few quarts of
    soup left over..store in GLASS jars in the coldest part of the fridge and it will keep longer or freeze the normal way you do anything liquid....

Bad News for my knee...I have to have it replaced...He said sooner is better as the thigh bone is beginning to bow out from the knee and that will create more problems...So I have to psyche myself into having it done...Maybe this spring....I'm not in a good mood now I don't even want to think about it
    Last edited by Honchey; 10-24-2013 at 10:21 AM.

{{{HUGS}}} for you Honchey ... I can understand your hesitations/fears, though please think about the relief you will get once it is done. Once you agree to the surgery, how soon can he get you in? Maybe do it this winter would be better, as you could stay inside (and warm!) ... and be ready to enjoy to the max the good weather when it arrives? Just a thought. mmmmmmm for the chicken soup. Yeaaaaaaa for leftovers, so you can enjoy it for a few days or longer if in the freezer! Dollar Tree$ have come north this past year ... wonder how many of the products are the same? Will have to look for your broth as a first possibility. I know there is a larger food section than in most of the other dollar type stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/challah

Bad News for my knee...I have to have it replaced...He said sooner is better as the thigh bone is beginning to bow out from the knee and that will create more problems...So I have to psyche myself into having it done...Maybe this spring....I'm not in a good mood now I don't even want to think about it
    Honchey, my mom suffered with her knee for years! She had both Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis. When she finally had her knee replaced, I went to the hospital to see her. Her knee was in this contraption that bent it up and down. I said, OMG Mom, that must be very painful! Her reply, the pain of this is NOTHING like what I have been going through all these years with my arthritis! I should have had this done years ago! She maintained that to the day she died. Always berating herself for waiting so long to have her knee replaced. So GO FOR IT! Get that knee replaced so you can resume life! Get it done right away, and you'll be in great shape by Christmas!!!!

I had the left knee replaced 9 yrs ago..so..I know what the ordeal is all about..been there...that's what scares me all over again..I had a very difficult time dealing with the pain...
    In '94 I stepped backwards off a step thinking there was just one..ended up being two and fractured the ankle, tore all the ligaments and crushed the little skinny bone on the outside of my lower leg...was in a wheelchair for 3 months...this is the same leg with the knee problem...the recovery won't be the same..I don't have normal motion in the ankle...I better get working on my commited projects..get them out of the way...I just want to scream!!!!!

Honchey ... scream all you like! Did the doc have any thoughts about the Colorado alternative? Or give you any comfort that things might be a little easier than you are anticipating? More {{{HUGS}}} for you!

Page 276 of 542 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 275 276 277 286 326 376 ... LastLast