Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 277 of 542 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 276 277 278 287 327 377 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Honchey, remember that Colorado is a pro at it, doing it for the sports minded people and might be able to help the ankle as well there with PT. That way, you could vacation there for Christmas, and get it taken card of by the doctors at Vail...its more than just inserting a cushion between knee cap and bone. Have your doctor talk to them and get a medical opinion on it. Explore how far they have come in the last few years, and the possibilities for you. Grandpa and the grand-kids could ski and go down the slopes there during the vacation. It might turn into an annual vacation for the family...the skiing part not the knee replacement!

The chicken soup sounds very good. I just boiled the white meat of three chickens and will try that.

DH is now on the trail of flour other than wheat; it seems the wheat was 'changed' by growers in 1990 to a higher producer, dwarf variety that is not so good for your system, having higher level of sugar and causes higher blood pressure readings. The suggestions are Spelt and oat flours.

Just ordered Deb Hunter's new Hunters point ruler from Stitch 'n Heaven Quilt shop in Texas. Or is that Deb Fields??? It makes the Hunter's Point quarter in mere minutes, 6 & 7 & 8 inches super quick. Dh is going to work on his again this winter. He is gone to town right now and its so peaceful here now. Sigh. All quiet and so lovely.

I mailed my MB taday. He said that it should git there by Mon. I did take a pict but haven't loaded it on the computer yet.
    #2DSon & I went ta the old house & dug up some Umbrella Plants, Brazos Berry's, brought 'em back here & planted 'em.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

They also do the Vail procedure here as well as some others..My situation is well past that point..unfortunately.. He said it wouldn't last more than a couple of months... the bone is so worn down the angle of the thigh bone looks crooked in the xray...there is no meniscus left at all...all chewed up...I'm screaming now!!!!!

Then do not delay it, Honchey, for your sake. Did the doctor go over the procedure and tell you what the difference would be from the time before??? Unless you welcome the wheel chair, get your b__ moving onward to the healing process!! Please with cream and sugar??? We want your at our helm on QB.

Oh Anne my Dear Friend here are a bunch o' Huggs.
    Bev

Honchey--sorry to hear about your knee. Hope that it goes well.

I got good news/bad news today...the doctor's office called with MRI results and now he says he won't be doing surgery. Just more PT. I guess it's good because surgery means recovery, but I feel like it's bad because the PT hasn't been helping. It's funny b/c if I hadn't asked for the MRI he was all ready to go ahead and do surgery (which is why I told everyone I was having it)!

QNS--praying for you as you prepare for your surgery next week.

Dublb--your new house is going to be beautiful with all those flowers.

Maybe it's time to switch therapists??? Maybe they need to try a different method? Do they do hands on massage at all?

It's an early nite for me..goodnite all..sweet dreams.
    Last edited by Honchey; 10-24-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Yes, my PT does hands on massage, manipulation, stretching and strengthening exercises. I was doing better and then hit a plateau and can't seem to get past it. Maybe now that I haven't gone for a couple weeks again things will be different.

I got my MB taday!!! Ain't it purdy!
    Name:  MB (Oct) from Jan RN.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  71.3 KB
    Jan said that it was for my new house.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear all of the health issues everyone is having. Not doing so well for DH & myself, chemo for him, and radiation for me, hope we can keep up for each other, one day we are up, next day done, not very good diaognose for him. Just have to try to keep positive for both of us. Finally able to do some sewing, posted my spike blocks for October, sent off my MQ block tuesday, hope she likes it. I'm really glad i worked on blocks ahead of time.
    GrannyQ

Huggs GrannyQ! I sure have missed ya & have been prayin' for ya.
    Bev

Dublb, great block from JanRN.

Our prayers are still with you GrannyQ. Hoping we hear from Anael on Saturday. Carrie, I think, you have good news with no surgery; hang in there and work with the PT and we hope you are successful.

Jan--great block for Dublb!

Dublb--she even got all your flowers.

GrannyQ--good to hear from you. I'll continue to pray for you and your husband.

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Jan--great block for Dublb!

Dublb--she even got all your flowers.

GrannyQ--good to hear from you. I'll continue to pray for you and your husband.
    Yeah she did!
    Last edited by dublb; 10-24-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: forgot the blue
    Bev

What a great idea and oh so thoughtful, JanRN, for you to do DublBs new home ... and complete with the flowers and trees that she has been planting! So perfect!!

CarrieM ... You've been a very good physio patient, and did what you were told. Perhaps now, they will move on to other strategies to continue/improve the progress. One thing you might want to make sure is that the Dr. communicates direct to the physio as to what needs to be done. Sometimes the physios are doing what they think is right ... but is against what the Dr. wants done.

Honchey ... OK ... scream some more!

GrannyQ ... I am so sad for you and your husband with both of you facing such treatments at the same time. I hope that you can get someone to help you at times.

Now for some more sunshine and eye candy for all of you ... to brighten things up in here tonight.
    Look what was waiting in my mailbox when I went today!

CarrieM ... it's beautiful. So fresh and bright and cheery. Just what everyone needs here right now. I really like the "clean" colours in your fabric selections. Purrrrrrrfect for the others in the MB group!! THANK YOU so much!

This is Carol's Star from QuiltersCache.com ... The fabrics are soft and pale, but not washed out as the photo makes them look. They are so pretty!
    Name:  MB-CarrieMfrom (2).JPG
Views: 72
Size:  1.44 MB

Name:  MB-FirstEight.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  1.50 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 10-24-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Wow QE it's just about perfect! It's goes w/all o' the others quit well! Way ta go Carrie!
    Bev

Honchey, you need to have your knee fixed, sending hugs to you dear friend, and yes you can scream all you like. We will just close our ears
    Carriem I am sorry they are not doing the surgery, maybe find a new therapist, hope it gets better soon.

and GrannyQ I am sending hugs and prayers your way as you and your husband work your way through your treatments.

More beautiful MB's everyone, I am still amazed at what everyone is making, the blocks are beautiful and so much thought has gone into them.

Time to cook dinner, hopefully will have a few pics for you early next week
    Karen

Good Morning Ladies,
    I woke up to an email to the PC Riders from Anael ......

I just came home from hospital. I was admitted last Saturday night with high fever and vomiting all day. This morning I was allowed to go home again. I'm glad to be home, very tired and dizzy so I will lay down soon.
    Bram is coming home today too Happy day ! !

Would you please post this for me on the board? Thanks!
    Hugs
    Anael

Honchey...I hear your screams. Pain is no fun but consider the alternatives. You will lose your mobility, be dependent on others for many more things, and still be in pain and this is for the rest of your life. Praying for you.
    Carrie...don't get discouraged. Maybe you and Mirabelle can learn to quilt with your feet!
    Dubib..such a thoughtful MB to mark this time in your life. I hope you can get a good price for the old house. I just heard a report on CNBC yesterday that the housing market in Midland is very good.
    QuiltE...the new MB block is beautiful. I can hear you purring too.
    Fun day yesterday. I pulled my Mirabelle quilt out of the box, cut the sashing and focus fabric strips and they didn't work together. I auditioned some creams and whites, still didn't work but I think I know what will so that all went back in the box. The next UFO that jumped out of the box was my FWS. It is now on my design wall and I'm finishing up the sashing. I started it just as you original riders were finishing up and I got up to within about 12 block to finish the full size and got sidetracked with PC and others stuff. I had done a few blocks from Sylvia's Wedding that were duplicates of some FWS so I used them to fill in the blanks. My goal is to see how many project boxes I can empty before Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt starts in November. Then I will have a drawer full of flimsies but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Have a happy day.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 10-25-2013 at 04:54 AM.

QuiltE thank you for posting the e-mail from Anael, it is good to hear from her and know she is doing a little better and great news that Bram is going home also.

GGal you made me laugh when you said your Mirabelle quilt and then I remembered the fabric line you bought can't wait to see your finished FWS we are all here cheering you on to the finish line

It is 11pm here and this little chicky is going to bed, goodnight everyone
    Karen

GGal ... you made me purrrrrrrr again, knowing you are working on your FWS! Now the fun begins to decide the placement of all those blocks ... that drove me nuts for both the FWS and PC. Not to worry, the MiraB quilt will come off that back burner when the time is ready!!!

And now you have me leaving the computer with visions of CarrieM and MiraB FMQing with their feet! The thing is, knowing them, they probably CAN do it!!

Off to bed ChickyMiraB ... with visions of quilts dancing in your head, I'm sure you will sleep well! (you're welcome on behalf of Anael!)
    Last edited by QuiltE; 10-25-2013 at 05:07 AM.

So much chatter here, its wonderful. So happy Anael sent us all a message through QuiltE, and that she is on the road to a healthier life.

A week of blurry sight is the hardest week of all, but the answer will be the outcome of the surgery a week from today. There is no choice in the matter, full steam ahead!! The decision was made at the right time, and I am so happy I did not delay the exam any longer. When Dr. Clark told me what was wrong, I ask for choices and when told I needed surgery, I said the sooner the better...let's get it fixed!! Oh, the modern things they can do today!

There are miles to go and things to do...but celebrate the day...choose your goals and go for them!

Just got home from work and this awesome block from Ggal was waiting for me. Thank you, Ggal--I love it. Haven't read any other posts, will catch up this week-end. Take care, my friends.Name:  Ggal.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  623.6 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Wow JanRN what a stunning block GGal made for you, I love the black and white ying and yang. Please show us all your blocks together...

NinaSue am thinking of you as you prepare for your surgery, many prayers and hugs coming your way.
    Karen

Thank you, Mirabelle. I spent hours on the telephone with insurance company and Des Moines Eye Care Center today on the 'code' they used for the diagnostic and procedure they will be using...was not sufficient for my insurance company, and will work on that again on Monday after my pre-med exam before the surgery.Its worth enough $$$ to pursue it. I appreciate the insurance reps help and the digging into the files and researching the codes. The Wellness Center called me first to make sure the doctor was doing an annual wellness check up to maintain good health. they have also sent me a blood pressure kit to take my blood pressure daily and report once a month back to them to insure proper care by the doctor on blood pressure issues.

JanRN, what a lovey block from GGal. Very well done block.

Had a very restful day; hope you'all had one too and a good evening to all.

Page 277 of 542 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 276 277 278 287 327 377 ... LastLast