Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 227 of 542 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 226 227 228 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I think this move is makin' me lose it! I forgot that Janie had sent me my July MB. Yes I'm losin' it! Goin' off the deep end! I don't know where anything is & can't remember what I have. LOL As soon as Janie reminded me I remembered it, even before I went ta the page w/the picts o' it. I do have several sewin' room boxes that have the tops folded over each other instead o' taped shut & all my MB's are in one o' those. Sigh. Again I'm sorry Janie!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

JanRN you make be chuckle with your bigger box syndrome we'll keep you on the straight and narrow, now go finish that D@#$ quilt

Carriem January would be great as I can get some more ufo's finished, not fussed if they are quilted or not just our of the way

QNS don't forget to show us pics of your new sewing room, we can't wait..

Bev just take a deep breath, it will sort itself out in good time, you can't get everything done in a day, especially when you are still going back and forth from the old house. We will understand..and look after yourself
    Karen

Jan, I still need to make quite some Rosie blocks I keep forgetting about that quilt

Bev, take it easy and take care of yourself!

Here are my latest Sylvia blocks. First is #D5 Square and Star
    Name:  D5SquaresAndStars (448 x 457).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  78.9 KB
    Second one is #I3 Dutchman's Puzzle
    Name:  I3Dutchman'sPuzzle (444 x 450).jpg
Views: 65
Size:  72.4 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Keep pushing me, ladies. I can't think of any more excuses for today so I'll at least get started on Rosie. Anael, I love your Sylvia blocks. You are certainly busy doing that and 50 Fab stars. I'm so hooked on those 50 Fab stars I couldn't fall asleep last night thinking up color combos for the next one!

Bev, take it one step (or box) at a time. I can't imagine packing up and moving. A few years ago I dropped an earring behind the triple dresser in the bedroom. When I asked MrJanRn to help get it, he said oh we'll just get it when we move. (It's still back there and we have no plans to move.) I don't envy you doing this and especially in all that heat.

Qns, sounds like the sewing room is getting near finished. Can't wait to see pics.

Have a great day, everyone. If you see any dark clouds overhead, that's just me swearing and FMQing!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan, that's the spirit It has been cloudy all day here, I hope it wasn't you! !

Bev--you will find everything sooner or later. I am sure Janie understands.

Funny Jan, it is cloudy here this morning too! Hope that you are not already frustrated! It is too early in the day for that. Are you doing each block different or an all over design?

Anael--a couple more pretty blocks!

Cleaning house and school this morning and then off to the clubhouse this afternoon.

Nothing to be sorry for, Bev. I just didn't want you thinking that you hadn't got your block for July!

Take it easy and be good to yourself.

Ya'll are so encouragin'! When I git my Aug block 'll dig till I find the others so that I can have 'em all tagether. I'll be diggin' about that time ta gt all my PC stuff tagether for my retreat in Sept anyway.
    Bev

Update on Bram: he's doing ok without oxigen. If tonight nothing happens he will go home tomorrow without oxigen!
    So after almost 7 months finally no machines needed anymore.

Yay for Bram!! Thanks for the update Anael.

Ditto on the news about Bram. Great news. For those on face book and want to be my 'friend' look me up....I hardly ever say anything, although I posted the Pansy Passion II quilt throw there. It has gone into the 9 page on QB picture section, which really surprises me...but I guess people like a purple quilt. My friend, Joannie really fell into love with it; just knew when she seen the UPS man what he had for her. She 'showed' it to her cousins and Mother that Friday evening.

Raining Day activities here...all those 'chores' I was saving for a rainy day and thought that I was safe in my thinking...LOL!! They are done, finished, and forgotten about!

Oh what wonderful news on Bram. I am saying a special prayer for him.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Clapping with joy for Bram
    Karen

And now ... Spike #4, Diamonds All Around ... finished it last night. about 36" across the flat sides, and 41" across the points. I went with the tried and true stipple background, as time was running short, and after trying some other designs, I knew I had to move on. The new twist though, was the outlined stars against each of the flat sides, in the yellow fabric. If you look close, you can see it ... or zoom in. Went with the same shape and size as the inner most 6 pointed star. Background is a nice yellow/blue/green medium all-over floral. And within minutes of completion, it was rolled up on a cardboard tube, along with all the other quilts for the display. And they are already packed in the trailer, a-waiting blast off early Wednesday morning. Only this pic, so far (and it's a wonder I even remembered to do that!).
    Name:  Spike#4Topper (2).JPG
Views: 80
Size:  1.50 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 08-12-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Anael ... I'm sure you somewhat celebrate "puke"! Prayers for Bram that all will continue to go as well as his first hours with out machines!

Ladies ... did you see LadyBugs in Anael's Sylvia block?

And now I will say Adieu .... tomorrow to the chiro, and the last errands and To do's, including mailing my MB to _____. I might get back on tmro, if I am all organized and ready. Will be heading out early on Wednesday morning for two grueling days of set up, and then The EX opens on Friday.

All the best everyone .... and see you, whenever?????

QE--what a fun way to finish your SYE DAA block! Will you be using this in your "butter" exhibit? Great quilting too! Have a great time the next couple days.

Jan--the sun came out today...does that mean you made friends with your S16 and got some quilting done?

No time in the clubhouse today...errands took longer than expected and then my mom stopped by for a visit. Oh well...there's always tomorrow after school.

Thanks CarrieM!

The quilts are all packed for the butter display, including Spike. I know there are more packed than we will use/need, though I thought it be better we have choices when we get to that stage.

The next two days will be fun, despite all the work. Then the crazy-ness really begins, when they let the people in!!!!!! Never fear ... despite saying that, I do love it when we have lots of people coming thru!

Blog Entries
    Anael--what a great Alaskan star and then you share the lovely Sylvia blocks. Very nice. Another milestone (no machines) to celebrate!

QE fantastic finish on the SYE block. As the pic down loaded my first thought was--oh would look so nice with the yellow and blues from last summer. Have a great time--don't work too hard.

Hope to get back to my mini's but life is getting in the way.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I got over ta the old house & w/#2DSon's help I got home w/my pot(ed) plants. We weren't able ta git my bougainvillea as it's in a very large terra cotta pot. It would take 2 strong guys ta git it. I think DS needed more than me ta help him. LOL I've always called 'em pot plants but #2DSon was havin' a real good time laughin' at me & my Pot plants. LOL He kept sayin'...."potted Mama, ed, ed, ed, potted plants Mama." He then said ta "...git off the cell phone if ya are keep callin' 'em pot plants." LOL do ya think he wanted ta protect me? Ta me they will always be pot plants. I'm not stubborn, just set in my ways.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    I got over ta the old house & w/#2DSon's help I got home w/my pot(ed) plants. We weren't able ta git my bougainvillea as it's in a very large terra cotta pot. It would take 2 strong guys ta git it. I think DS needed more than me ta help him. LOL I've always called 'em pot plants but #2DSon was havin' a real good time laughin' at me & my Pot plants. LOL He kept sayin'...."potted Mama, ed, ed, ed, potted plants Mama." He then said ta "...git off the cell phone if ya are keep callin' 'em pot plants." LOL do ya think he wanted ta protect me? Ta me they will always be pot plants. I'm not stubborn, just set in my ways.
    That is too funny Dublb! My daughter asked where the cat had been, and I said "He just came out of the closet!" That cracked both of us up!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QuiltE, your Spike is beautiful!

Latest news on Bram: he had a perfect night without any problems so he's coming home today without oxigen
    Next step: coming off of the meds he's still having.

Too much is going on here to just be a lurker so I'll come clean....my first husband is in the final stages of his battle with cancer and it has brought up a multitude of "stuff" but I'm in a better place and should be able to deal with friends and family in a civil, loving way.
    QuiltE....what a beautiful SYE! It will steal the show.
    Anael...so thankful for Bram's progress and your stars you've shown are beautiful. The background color makes them look like real stars.
    Carrie and Mirabelle...I would join you for the stars journey in January but I've committed to an Eleanor Burns BOM starting then and I'm anticipating another Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt around Thanksgiving.
    Jeanie...cupboards in? Are you almost ready to get back to normal?
    Bev...moving is always upsetting and stressful. Try to find some time each day where you can sit and enjoy how much you've gotten done and not worry about how much there is to do yet. The very hardest part for me was going to the old house and doing the cleaning. All the stuff that I had kept but didn't want in the new place had to be taken care of!
    QNS...nice you got the embroidery machine going. Is DH feeling better?
    Carrie...your embroidery quilt is beautiful. What a nice setting you've chosen. Your arm must be much improved to be doing so much sewing.
    JanRN...the sun was shining here yesterday to. Do you need some in PA?
    Mirabelle...loved the quilts you posted pics of. Have you decided on your project for the upcoming retreat? Have you tried rubbing sports creame on your shoulder? Maybe you could experiment with turning your machine so you face the end of it so your good arm does more if the heavy lifting. It would mean a major shift if how you did your designs because they would all be sideways. Just a thought.
    I'm going it try it finish my Jamestown this week. I have two rows ready to add and then the borders. I should cut and sandwich them this morning so they're dry enough to quilt later today. I would like to take it along to give to my youngest son and his DW when i go to the funeral. I do have my DGG?s quilt all sandwiched and ready to quilt but it can wait. So far I've kept up with Aiming 4 Accuracy and am thoroughly enjoying it. Also the mystery quilt from Fabric Essentials. Time for some finishes! Have a great day everyone!

GG, I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time.
    Big ((((HUGS))))

My almost Step MIL said she could 'forget' but not forgive her first dh whom she had four children by. And her Mother for not helping her more when she needed her for her own children sake. He drank to excess and maybe abused her...not sure on the latter part. She was so good to my FIL, and they would have married and had 23 years together, but government pensions would have stopped. They both died in their 90s. It would not be an easy road to travel, and come to terms with...big {[(hugs)]} for you , GG. Give big hugs to all your children from us.

Dh is dh; a lot like his Father and Grandfather, and I knew them before meeting him, and still married him and 47 and half years later we are still together. Neither one of us is prefect. He complains far more than I, and its the squealing pig that gets all the slop and thinks that he has not quite gotten his share. And his aches and pains is far worse than mine. According to him, I take very good care of him, he is just not sure he gets a 'fair' share of the $s spent!! Yet I worked full time and took care of home and family all those years, so I am not spending his $$$$; I earned them as well. But its hard for him to see that. He wants is all split, like 60-40 in his favor. I cannot tell you how many times he is reminding me of that fact as I put the sewing room together. Thanks for listening to me to on, too long here.

GG, we need to see a picture before you 'gift' your work...

QuiltE, still no pictures of your work area!! And of your machine!!

GG - so sorry for the illness of your Ex! I know what you are going through, as my 1st husband died of a heart attack at age 50. I was already married to my current husband, but it is always a shock to lose someone I had been married to for 17 years (and at such a young age).

Page 227 of 542 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 226 227 228 237 277 327 ... LastLast