Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 229 of 542 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 228 229 230 239 279 329 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

GG, no they're not hard to tell apart. Isa is like Mick, thin and Bram is like my DS, not tall and, well, let's say a bit heavier My DS needs to get rid of about 45 pounds so you get the picture!

I'm going over there tonight, my DS is going with me to Ikea, I need a kitchen cabinet and I can't carry it alone. I have some very cute bunnies for the twins and Mick. A friend knits these bunnies and she gave them to me.
    Name:  nijntjes (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  146.4 KB

Mirabelle, nice fabrics! You're so productive, makes me feel so lazy
    QNS, I had to laugh reading your yard adventure. I'm glad you're not hurt too bad.
    Jeanie, congrats on getting back to cooking
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    I decided to make both blocks and let Anael choose!!! I hope to get them finished today...
    LOL I hope I pick the right one!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

or conversely , Honchey you could save the extraordinary, spectacular block for someone who gave no specific colour requirements for their block. Ahem!

Cabinets are being installed as I type! The guy will be here to measure for the countertops next week. Bottom cabinets have to be installed before the final measurement. Then I guess it takes a couple weeks to get the countertops. I'll be like dublb - unpacking all the kitchen stuff to put away. It is hurry up and wait again!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Now I have an excuse for my mistakes in quilting, seeing in general; no new glasses will help my eye sight. Stage 3 cataracts are clouding up the vision in both eyes; of course, only the edges of the left eye sees with the optic nerve dead, or almost all dead. So before snow falls they will operate and remove the cataract from my right eye...at the same time they will replace the center with a 'bubble' that fit my eye glass prescription...letting me 'lose' the glasses for the first time since I was 5 years old. Sept 25 they will 'measure' the area for my glasses. Technology has come so far..... Dh received good news, no change for him at all, and he had to drive us back home....I cannot see clear yet.

No effects of the fall this morning, thank goodness, and I can truly laugh at myself as you might guess from the description of the events last night. No excuses for not picking beans, snapping them; cooking up the beets and cutting them up, etc., on home chores.

Rabbits are so cute, Anael. Jeanie, good news about your kitchen...good progress there. Take everyone...and have a good day.

For loyal fans, the Jenny Beyer site has backing on sale. I just ordered mine.

Ggal these fabric are just for me his arrived and sshhh don't tell him but I don't like it, it feels like a furnishing fabric very coarse, so we are still in the discussion phase

Anael those are cute little bunnies I am sure they will be loved.

Now I am off to the cave for some quilting
    Karen

I kinda took th'safternoon off & worked on my MB. Sigh. I'm so bad at math! The center needed ta be 10 inches so as ta be able ta make a cute li'le border. The center is made outta 16 HST's. They needed ta ta be 2 1/2" finished & I made 'em 2 1/2 unfinished. I could tell as I was sewin' it tagether that it wasn't right. It wasn't untill I finished it that I knew what was wrong. LOL It's back ta the drawin' board.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh goodness I have missed SO MUCH! I miss you gals

My kids are at SCHOOL! this is kindergarten for my Ellie and Third grade for my Daniel, he has been home schooled due to health and he is sooooo different than most kids, wednesday was his first day, I think he is doing well, we will see. I told him that he dosent have to go, and we can do K12. (it is SO nice to have that option) SIGH!!! Ellie didnt even blink "BYE MOM" and she is gone!!! LOL yesterday I saw a fabric line from benartex called "Ellie Ann" I think I will have to get some for her and make her something nice.

MB for August partner is getting there I promise! I washed fabric yesterday for it... so lets see if we can get something done.

Ladies give me a bit and I will share some pictures today
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Cute bunnies, Anael. Perfect fit for little hands.
    QNS...how nice that there is a solution for your vision! I've seen that not everyone has immediate good results so I will be praying that you will come through with flying colors and see better than ever!
    Here it's literally a race with death to get the Jamestown finished to take with me. I don't know if I will win but I will keep trying. Two more borders ready to put on and one still needing to be quilted. The one part of QAYG that I REALLY don't like. It sounds like you're almost done but borders can take another week or better.

Good luck, Ggal--you can do it!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I lost the race....Jamestown will be gifted another time. My youngest DD will drive up from Nashville, TN in the morning and we will go on to Lake Geneva, WI together with her DS. No sewing for several days. I'll be lurking and looking for eyecandy.

Have a GREAT time GardenGal. We will miss you on QB. Sorry about Jamestown not getting done, but it will wait.

Anael--cute bunnies. Did they go over well?

Jeanie--great news about the cupboards.

QNS--I am sure it will be strange for you to get up in the morning and not put glasses on.

Bev--did your MB go together any easier today?

DD--great to "see" you. I am sure it will be quiet around your house.

Ggal--bummer you didn't get the quilt done, but it will be done later and I am sure still very appreciated. Here is some eye-candy for you. These are half of the PC blocks for my 2nd quilt. I need to trim them still. I'm pinning on 2 sides of the first border around the other blocks tonight.

DH and DS are going fishing so if I get the pinning done I might sneak out to the clubhouse and sew these sides on so I can pin the other ones....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie, your quilt is coming right along - love how all the colors go together so well.

All the cabinets are in and the kitchen is looking wonderful. They will have to come back on Monday to finish up a few things. The countertop man is coming on Monday to do the templates for the counter. It will take about 10 days to get the counter installed.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ggal, Jamestown will be waiting for you when you return, have fun with the family

Ddamsel so great to see you, try not to stress too much with the little ones in school, they'll be fine and you can enjoy some "me" time

JeanieG you are almost there with the kitchen, I am sure you are looking forward to the day it is finished.

Carriem what a wonderful grouping of blocks, can't wait to see it finished.

I have all the SID done on the Raggedy Ann quilt so hope to get stuck into the FMQ today. DH has just left to go fishing so peace and quiet for a while
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Ggal--Jamestown wasn't settled in a day-so your quilt can wait too.
    Carrie oh I really like the start of your quilt yes yes yes.
    mirabelle your fabric choices are really quite eclectic-and what you manage to take each style and turn out some lovely lovely quilts
    DD summer time is great but it really is nice for kids to get back into the routine so we can get back into a routine!! Grands start next week and I'm patiently waiting until then to reclaim my house.
    QNS--watch your step--we can't have you out of commission with a broken bone. Take care.

Busy couple of days with DS and family taking a one day trip--means old folks have chores to do. And then DH and I make our 4-H trip to DM and State Fair.

My exciting news is...my MB from Janie arrived today. Yeah! Haven't had time to get it pictured; so you will have to be patient and I will savor in its loveliness on my own. Thanks Janie.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

So much going on with all of you here and on the Spike thread....I have most of my MB block done...It's been so long since I've PP'd I was making errors... I cut one fabric wrong so many times I had to be creative with the design.. If I don't like the way it looks..I'll see if the LQS has more of the messed up piece...This is what happens when you goof off too long

Hey Ya'll! I wish I had time ta post somethin' ta each o' ya. Sigh. Not right now. It amazes me how much I have ta do. Do ya think I'll ever git all this done?
    I did finish the block by just puttin' another border on it. I made this border the same as the background. It made the block look like it's floatin'. I'm quit happy w/it. Now ta find the camera so as ta git Anael's approval.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Here it is! Thanks again JanieName:  004.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  56.7 KBName:  009.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  74.6 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Karen--sounds like you are moving right along on your RA quilt.

OK--have fun at the fair! Great block from Janie...looks good with the others too.

Honchey--bummer that the PPing isn't going well. Good thing we start the SYE soon so you can get back in practice.

Bev--can't wait to see the double border on your MB. Mine is in the envelope, just need to look up the address and put in the mail box.

It is looking like we will be around home this weekend so I get to spend some time in the clubhouse while DH and DS work in the shop....they are organizing things.

Just sent my MB for _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to Anael...If she approves I won't go to the LQS tomorrow...or maybe I'll just go and browse.....I didn't make the other one I thought about doing...I would like to get my September MB done..I need more practice for the Spike Quiltalong...I need to add several more colors for it..got to go digging in the pile...

I got a beautiful block from Mirabelle today (thank you Mirabelle, I love it). I'll take a photo on Sunday! Also finished my Bonus Block Wall Hanging. I did it QAYG, and I think it turned out really good.

I'm taking a FMQ class at a quilt shop in a town about 15 miles North of us tomorrow.
    I figure I need all the help I can get. We do not have a quilt or fabric store in my town (both sold out several years ago). I have to travel or order stuff online.

OkSewglad what a beautiful set of blocks you have, they go so well together

Carriem I started the FMQ today and my tension was off on the first block so am unpicking, I have cream thread on top and light blue in the bobbin, it looked like blue dots all over the block Played with the tension and finished 2 more blocks, but what takes 15 minutes to quilt takes 2 hours to unpick that's the job for in front of the telly tonight.

JeanieG I am so happy you liked the block, I made it quite a while ago and admired it on my design wall every day, think it would make a great quilt...

Now back to unpicking
    Karen

Janie, that's a beautiful block you make for OK. What a lovely quilt that's going to make.

Um, Anne, I remember you giving me some advice to "measure twice, cut once"--are you following your own advice LOL? Me, I still do the "hack & whack" method. I did the opposite of you. I hadn't regular pieced a block in awhile, hooked on pp so have been doing that. I forgot how accurate you have to be when you're cutting out a block to regular piece. The first one got tossed and I had to start over.

Carrie, can't wait to see your quilt finished-love it.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Page 229 of 542 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 228 229 230 239 279 329 ... LastLast