Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-19-2015, 12:04 AM

Well no snow here. Yesterday (it is already Sat as it is about 2:08am) was a lovely 58*F day w/just a bit of a breeze & the sun shining bright. The first day I have been out in a week. Did a li'le bit of shopping this morning w/DH. Then came home at about 1:00 & collapsed. Even though I am not coughing I do still have a bit of wheeze & that can just about wear a body out. Dh did drop me off & pick me up at the doors so as to keep me outta the breeze.
I sure do wish that I could sleep. All these asthma medicines are keeping me awake.

Last edited by dublb; 12-19-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:21 AM

A dust of snow where I live too. It looks like the beginning of November instead of the end of December. Most of my Christmas cards are written and in the mail, only a few to mail on Monday. My husband put out strings of lights and it's so cheerful to come home to, as I finish work in the late evening and come home in the dark.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:49 AM

Givio, its nice to come home to a welcome warm sight when you have completed the day's work. Happy for you.

Dublb, talk to your doctor and see what he or she can do for you.

Christmas just arrived here. A wonderful couple I have never meet except through emails sent us Harry and David fruit box. I knew her cousin in CC before she died, and this lady has 'gifted' us for several Christmas Days through the years since. Since our own chicldren are busy with their families, its a rare treat indeed! Merry Christmas!

Have studied the perfect Golda blocks in FW and cut out another one. Hope this one goes better.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

After coming home from mailing packages and getting a tire fixed, I was going to bake, but 9 yo GD wanted to sew a pot holder for her teacher..ended up making 2, the second one for Mom using some Jersey cow fabric I've been saving for the right project...how could I refuse....we must foster the act of giving....

Big cross state BB rivalry in 15 minutes...Go Cyclones.....
Old 12-20-2015, 07:14 PM

I am so much better but I kept my rear in the seat of this chair. I watched the Texans finally win one. Alright I know that they have had a wining season but it seems that the games that I watch are the ones that they lose. LOL
Next we watched The Last Samurai, then the last of the Bronco's game. Then DH put in our Blue Blood's DVD. I have been hand quilting the whole time. I am so slow at hand quilting.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:11 PM

We went to watch the new Star Wars movie. The plot reminded me of the first one. It's hard to believe Star Wars came out 38 years ago! Well, until you see how old the characters have become since their original performance... Chewbacca looked the same though. http://news.yahoo.com/meet-the-new-c...183503009.html Gave out little bags full of the Christmas cookies today that my sister and I baked on Friday. Fun to bake them, fun to give them!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:28 PM

I am so looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars movie! I am sure that DH won't go & see it at the theater though. He will wait till it comes out on DVD.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:16 AM

Got my Christmas cookies "baked" this morning. Actually, I went to the Amish Bulk Food Store and bought a beautiful tray of handmade cookies--things I never attempt to make--and lots of fresh cheeses and soup mixes. I love that store. Passed up the homemade candy but it was tempting. Had a large breakfast with MrJan in their restaurant so all in all it was a nice morning.

Not much sewing going on here. Made a mug rug for a swap on a different site. I don't see the purpose of mug rugs because I'm so sloppy and would ruin it but that was the requirement. I'll Scotch Guard it in case my swap partner is sloppy like me.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:00 AM

JanRN, sounds like a lovely start to the day. I will shop on Wednesday for what we decide we want for Christmas Day. No one is coming but we can enjoy each other's company. Oh, we did order a new dishwasher for DH, so he will not have to wash all the dishes in the new year.

Seems like I will be making Mincemeat for canning since neighbor lady said she could not find the suet for it. Well, I did and its waiting for me at the local grocery chain store. (With a death in the neighbor's family, she is busy.) Wish, oh, how I wish, DGM had taught me her recipe. I keep guessing, but have not nailed it yet. It had beef, pork, suet, cherries, and gooseberries in it. Most regions added in whatever they had for their custom made mincemeat. DGM added her fresh raw chopped apples last for the pie making. She used a little Rum or Bourbon in the adult version, I think. Mincemeat translate into twice ground meat, baked as a meat pie in early history of England.

I did finally post the FM blocks, and a new Golda that I redid completely.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:33 PM

Oh My!, I have missed so many posts..I've been very busy with last minute shopping for the boys and trying to pick up everything...My tree is up and the skirt I made several years ago is underneath...I have the "Creeper" quilts sandwiched and ready to be quilted..I know I won't be able to get them done in time for Christmas, hopefully 90% done I have some cookie dough ready to be baked and then to get the Ham for Christmas day and I should be done..Forgot,,,I still have to wrap the presents....

Have a Very Merry Christmas All, be well and enjoy the Spirit of the Season. Not too much eggnog guys H.