Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-23-2013, 11:59 AM

from the other side of the big pond

I've been visiting Mick and the twins this afternoon, just came home. I had a great time! My DDIL took some pics and I hope she will send them to me.

This morning I started sewing again, nothing fancy, just some stripes which hopefully will be a lap size quilt when finished.
You all are so busy getting ready for Thanksgiving We don't celebrate that here.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 PM

Hi everyone! Just checking in! I gathered all my Thanksgiving Recipes and made a list of what I still need to buy. I also make a cranberry/orange/pineapple/raspberry jello relish that can be made ahead and lasts a long time. I make a Stuffing Bread that is baked in my bread machine, cubed and dried for my stuffing. I'll bake that tomorrow, as it takes several days to dry. I make potato rolls and whole wheat rolls, making the dough in my bread machine. I'll make those on Wednesday along with baking my turkey. I'll carve the turkey and put in a pyrex dish with drippings from the turkey, then I'll just have to reheat it on Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

A drop in here too. DS #3 and GF flew in late last night. #3 has been putting new cupboards in today--uppers are in. I think they are taking off for Vet office for an emergency Csection on a cow. Since GF is a surgical PA she's hoping to see some of the Vet ER OR! Don't expect much out of me until Sunday. Kids will be in and out, off and on until Saturday (next) afternoon.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:35 PM

Nice to hear from everyone. Busy, busy, busy.

QNS, perhaps we have different DearJane programs. I spent another few hours with it today and found out how to go directly to the blocks. They're listed in any order you choose. Of course, I chose to start with row 1, block 1 but can change that to alphabetical, borders, center blocks, etc. It is much easier now that I spent time on it rather than just trying to jump in. I still don't think I need all the extras, would have preferred a program of just the block patterns.

It's snowing and blustery this evening, expecting about 4" of (bleeping) snow. Stay warm & safe, everyone.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:11 PM

I just received a MB from JanieW, called lost and found. Photo tomorrow. Love it; my favorite colors.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Guess I am not the only one who has been busy ... and not here posting!

JanRN ... With the cold this week, and now the snow, it's reminding me that DJ time is a-coming! I'll let you scope out DJ and then you can bring me up to speed!! Sounds like a good plan to me. So if you don't want another large quilt ... how about doing it in the original DJ 4-1/2"" size? Smaller quilt!!

QNSue ...
ITA with JanRN ... I'm not sure whom has been advising you on DJ, though DJ is not just TATW. Yes, some are done as TATW, though many DJs are NOT. Just google around a bit and you will soon see many different ways. The book clearly identifies the blocks in rows with the rows being lettered, and the placement on the row (or each column) numbered. Good for you for ordering your DJ BOM from QOTS. Will be a good way to pace yourself on the monthly basis with those 4-1/2" blocks.

Yes please ... do show us your new MB ......

Anael .... oh this is SUCH GREAT NEWS! ... you being out and about and also sewing! Yeaaaaaaaa!!!!!

OKSGlad ... atta girl for putting DS to work when he got back. Perhaps DSGF will get to assist with the surgery! You are turning her into quite the farm girl! Will you have the whole brood home for Thanksgiving? Oh happy days! Good thing you got over your jury duty, before Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:25 PM

There's so much to read & comment on...We arrived home late this afternoon and the first thing I did was to go to the store for some "stuff'... the "kids" will be here tomorrow for "Dunch" and they're under the weathwr with sniffles so Gma will be making some chichen soup first thing tomorrow moring. I took my time packing Wednesday & Thursday...we left NC Friday at noon after doing some last minute things in the house..We stopped at a Best Western for the night aound 5pm..just took it easy for the rest of the night. read a book during the traveling and finished it at 11pm.. It was a restless night for me so I slept most of the trip home today..

I'll be picking up my turkey tomorrow...being I'm the one that does it all, I'll be prepping as much as I can Monday & Tuesday. ..Get the dining room put together on Wednesday.. Thursday the bird goes in the oven around 9 am and we go out for Breakfast after that..then it's relax till it's time to get it all on the table...after that I'm done..no kitchen duty for me for the rest of the day...maybe some sewing????

Everyone is busy, busy, busy..

Anael, good to hear your up & about..Ditto for you QNS with the 20/20 vision...I will be trying your recipe for the impossible pie for my next Clubhouse Bingo night..
My MB will be in the mail on Monday..I almost forgot it in NC...

I brought home a myriad of plants that were "left" to me by my neighbor that moved...2 Orchid, 2 Amaryalis?, 3 Christmas Cactus and 1 Pointsettia...they will "winter over" upstairs where the sun is nice & bright and not overly warm...I"ll have to look up on how to care for these plants online...there was some single long leaves that turned into mush before I got them & don't know what to do with the Amaryalis...

Dublb, I hope the closing on your house goes thru for you on schedule...
Carriem, Hang in there girl...it will get better..
Jan, Good to hear you're playing with DJ and not the snow!!!

It's been a looong couple of days and it's tiome to go to sleep...busy days for me ahead...Take care,all of you ..wll check in tomorrow...nite all....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by Honchey; 11-23-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Good Morning Everyone!!

Honchey ... Look at all your lovely plants to remember your neighbour! I planted an Amaryllis on Nov. 1st and it seems to be coming along well ... I'm hoping for a Christmas bloom. We get them here in the fall in a box, complete with bulb soil and flower pot, ready to plant. The last few yrs I have been planting one on the 1st of each month, to space out the enjoyment. Some keep them over, but I've never had luck. Let's hope all your "work" this week does not undo all your recovery while in NC. And too, let's hope the chicken soup helps the kids get better and be really able to enjoy the feast on Thursday!

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-24-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 AM

Boy do I have a lot of camera work to do! I got my MB from DD yesterday....and to me she is Dear Damsel..and I love it. I also have two quilts and my SYE blocks to photo and post. Can you tell I don't take to the interruption well? My sewing room has been humming. I have only one block of my Ocean Waves to do and it will be ready to sew the rows together and for the border. It's such a fun pattern to look at by the way it seems to change by how you look at it but I don't plan to do another one!
QNS...I'm so glad your surgery was successful. What a relief for your.
JanRN...too bad you can't just plug the DJ software into the S16 and put it all on automatic! I might use DJ for some piecing peace of mind but if I do, I think I will do it in two colors. I loved the red and white one I shared with you guys the other day.
Honchey...I'm glad you didn't forget the MB. I've got to get mine in the mail.
Anael...I bet the grands were happy to see you at their house too! Nice to hear that the sewing machine is again your friend.
so many preparations for Thanksgiving. What is your favorite memory about Thanksgiving from your youth? Mine...we had these little pilgrim and turkey candles that I got to take out of the box and put around the centerpiece Mom would let me help make. It was all fresh fruit and would include bananas and seedless grapes...which was a twice a year treat...along with apples from my Grandfather's orchard. Of course the candles were never lit and got pretty banged up but they meant Thanksgiving for me. I think the important memory is working with Mom to make our ordinary farm house table look beautiful for the family.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:45 AM

Ladies, Good Morning. We all turned our clocks back an hour in the USA, now its time for us to turn the scales back 10 pounds this week!!

Honchey, I am happy you made the trip back and settling in to prepare for Thanksgiving Day.

JanRN my copy of dj is from Electric Quilt Comp. www.electricquilt.com

Carrie, I wish continued improvement for you. Thinking of GrannyQ and her family this week, with continued prayers for her. Where o where is Mirabelle or her daughter???? Anasel, thank you for letting us know you had a good weekend day with grandchildren...that sounds like it was an enjoyable trip for all. Take care everyone.