Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM

I have a quilt top, will try and get it basted in the next day or two and then to start quilting it. It is not a huge quilt but DD just wanted a lap quilt to put on her sofa.

Now to hand sew the binding down on Scrappy Stars tonight
Attached Thumbnails dscf0840.jpg  
Old 01-21-2014, 04:17 AM

It's a beauty Mirabelle and a pity the purple and gold don't show up in the picture. How are you going to quilt it?

QuiltE, yes, that's one of the sweaters I have knit when I wasn't able to quilt. It's made of 2 threads, one dark green woolen thread and one cotton blend (the shiny one).
Old 01-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

It's a spectacular quilt, MiraB!! The border print frames it perfectly ... and mitered corners too! I am also wondering how you will quilt it. I am sure your your quilting will embellish it to be even more beautiful. Lucky DD!

What a great idea, Anael, to mix your yarn types in the sweater. At one time I did a lot of knitting, but never a sweater or mitts for myself ... just everyone else! Maybe when MiraB gets that quilt done we can persuade her to take it for a photo op outside, to let the purple and gold strut their stuff!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:44 AM

Good morning, just getting caught up on all the posts. Yes, QNS, I'm guilty of just lurking. Sometimes it's nice just to sit back and read, like listening to friends talk and just enjoying it.

Anael, thank you for sharing your babies with us! And look at you--your face just beams looking at them.

Mirab, love the way you used a border print for your blocks. I bought some border print fabric (I was going to be the next Jinny Beyer LOL) and I may try your pattern. And that's a beautiful block you made Carrie.

Carrie, we're all nagging you and we all realize how hard it is to not do everything you want. With the cold weather you and Ggal are sending my way, all my aches & pains are worse today. Oh well, my grandmother used to say if she woke up with a pain at least she knew she woke up LOL!

Anne, thanks for the advice on oiling my bobbin area. Will do that the next time I clean it. Just a drop on a q-tip.

Bev, I'm glad someone can get out and walk. It's 18* here, howling wind and dropping to the minus zeroes tonight. To go out and walk here I'd have to put on so many layers that I'd look like the Michelin Man and waddle instead of walk.

QE, you've been very productive! I think I'm anal--here you are matching flowers for the back of your quilt! Great job--I had to hunt for the seam. Anxious to see it finished.

Have a great day everyone--stay warm (except Mirab) and do something you love.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 AM

Beautiful block, Mirabelle. I too look forward to seeing how you will put it together.
Have any of you had your computer think for you and you don't know what it was thinking? This morning I bookmarked a quilt blog and guess where my iPad put it? Under FINANCE!! When I first started this quilting life, I had no idea how true that would be but I sure don't remember cataloging that way in my bookmarks. A little more snow last night and falling temperatures this morning. Luckily we shopped yesterday, the shelves are full and I have plenty to sew. So far we have had no problem with gas or electrical supply this winter for which I'm very thankful. Stay safe and have a good day, everyone!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 AM

I used to say "I love the snow" and now that it will be interferring with my travel plans...I hate it...My reservation has been changed to Friday...Hopefully there won't be a problem...My neighbor won't be able to plow the driveway either..The transmission on his truck broke down! What else can happen! is Someone telling me something???
Old 01-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Hi everyone! just quick "Hello" is all I got for now I will be back later to say "Hello" some more
Old 01-21-2014, 07:09 AM

One has to wonder, Honchey, when things seem to work against what we want to do: fly safe. That is the main thing there, if you have wait another day to do it, you can wait another day to get safely there. Do something you would enjoy today.

Sorry, QuiltE, you were not allowed to post a different thread for DJ; I may have to post here and you can give me suggestions. I am starting on A-1 to A-10, not where they are at on their site. But that is next week's plans... possibly. No, QuiltE, I cannot see the seams in the photograph of the tulips, if I were there and could look knowing it was there, then I might be able to spot it. You did a great job of 'blending' it in.

Anael, loved that quilt over the SewGrands that you made... and nice sweater, too. Looks warm.

Carrie, did anyone else comment on your question about what we use to mark fabric with? On where its not going to show, I use the 'gel' pens found with scrap booking supplies. With the variety of colors, it works on all colors of fabric. My bf who quilts, taught me about that one. In pp, I use the Elmer's stick glue, and it still removes pp from the fabric without causing any problems.

Yes, JanRN, I agree its fun just to 'lurk' here...somehow, I have not gotten the 'thread' subscription thing to work right here, so I have to 'pop' in to see what is going on and/or what someone else is going to say before I say my two cents worth.

Mirabelle, lovely MB block you received from Carrie. And that is a beautiful throw for DD...it will keep her warm and remind her of your love. Everyone stay warm and safe...celebrate the day with good vibes.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 AM

QNS....while I'm not currently planning to do DJ, I've found it interesting to poke around and I found this link today that might useful for you since you get the fabric by row and the other link is jumping around it seems.
http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/2009/01/1.html
Old 01-21-2014, 08:23 AM

You're sure GG? Not even one tiny easy block??