Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-21-2013, 12:30 PM

Jeanie, you can do this sweater too. It's easy, I altered the pattern and it's really easy!
It's so nice and warm, I ordered more yarn to make another one, this time variegated red.

QNS, those veggies are huge ! ! ! ! I've never seen them that big ever before.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:46 PM

It is strange that we do not think of farming/gardening in Alaska, but in the one belt they do a great job in a short season. Also greenhouse may cover up to some 9 acres to grow in a longer season inside. They do produce giant pumpkins if they can keep the moose out of the patch and the cabbages. Moose will stalk down the rows stomping every pumpkin or cabbage in the row. I love the trade off of Hawaii and Alaska products year around in Alaska.

Yes, Anael, I sent my blocks ahead of time in my confusion (more than a month ago) and not sure if I sent out the right one or not this month, so will watch as I clean up the quilt room (to see if I need to forward another block to same person) and convert it to a bedroom over the holiday.

I am officially cleared to quilt. Vision in right eye is 20/20. Yes, I will have to wear reading glasses to read or sew probably, the dime store variety that is 2.0 to 2.25 lenses. No scars no blemishes, and its healed very well. to the nurses and doctors who do wonders in eye surgery.

Warning to those North and East of me: take care, its icing and raining here moving in from Iowa in a wide band...its terrrible in Des Moines, Iowa....so please take heed, folks! Stay home and keep warm.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 PM

Aneal - I didn't send ya a pict o' my Oct block 'cause ya had way too much on your plate at that time. I will send ya a pict o' my Nov block as it's almost done. I'll probably mail it next week. It's supposed ta be icy tamarrow & we are headed ta Brady on Sat.
Next week will be crazy for me. First we will meet our DD & her family in Brady on Sat & on Sun They will follow us home. This way the first part o' their trip isn't as long & we will winterize the house down there. Then on Mon I have ta go sit w/my DSis as she is gonna have a needle biopsy. She found out taday that she has a 18mm mass in her left breast. Also we have another contract on the house & the guy wants ta close on Mon. (Talk about fast!) We will have 16 people here on Thanksgivin' day for Dinner. Woosh! Week after next I'm gonna exhausted!

PS Sue- Hooray for you ta git ta sew!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

QNSue ... good for you for the plan ahead! Are your DD/DSIL/DGS coming too?

CarrieM ... I'm sure you are frustrated with all the forced downtime. Here;s hoping the pool does help.

GGal ... Frog stitching is not fun ... my best solution is to enjoy some nice music while I focus on the task. Seems to help minimize the agony!

Anael ... you are fully excused ... you have been a bit under the weather lately! Do not fret, please? Lovely sweaters. Of course, would be nicer to see the REAL things!

DDamsel ... FYI you can KEEP your "nasty cold blowing wet windy day outside", ALL to yourself!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Dublb - you are such a busy, busy gal! Hurrah on the sale of the house, I hope it goes through this time. Prayers for your DSis, that is so scary! I think I'm having around 16 for dinner as well on Thanksgiving.

QNS - great news on the eye! Wow 20/20! I am very near sighted! I wore a mono-vision lens for years, now am into glasses (for distance). I don't wear them much around the house.

Anael - I have not knitted anything but pot holders in years! I knit them while we are traveling, double cotton yarn squares. LOL - I don't have to think about them, knit every row, once they are on the needle!

Last edited by JeanieG; 11-21-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:24 PM

No, QuiltE, our children will not be coming in for the holidays, but will celebrate in their own homes. It is so good to have friends in for the holiday this year...six are enough to cook for although I have fixed for 25 when the kids were in college. And their friends did not have the time to go home, so for the holidays they came with our kids to South Texas and the seashore. Those days were so nice to remember.

Sounds like a lot of friends and family will be together in your homes. You are all so blessed looking forward to Thanksgiving and all its wonderful moments. Dublb, good luck to your sister; big hug for the both of you. May you old house sell on Monday, and you can cross it off of your list for good. In all the mist of our work to create a feast, pause a moment, the treasure the memories you are creating on This Thanksgiving Day, 2013. Take pictures, tons of them.

So I am cleared to quilt, but have to put everything up and create a bedroom for the extra couple coming in for the holidays. We will all have fun together, and look forward to all the noise, movement and laughter flowing throughout the house. After they leave, we will put the quilt room back together and start the projects with anew enthusiasm.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:07 AM

Is everyone too busy to drop by and say "Hi"? That is a first in all our history together. Take care.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 AM

QNS-- HI!!!!!! I checked the site yesterday looking to see if I was missing something...sometimes I don't get the "new post" emails. I had a busy morning and then PT...didn't get home until around 3 and then rested/iced my shoulder. Home today so maybe sometime in the clubhouse! YAY!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 AM

Hi, everyone. I'm guessing we're all busy planning the holiday or sewing up a storm. Me? I spent about 3 hours yesterday with the DearJane software. I feel like I've over-dosed on details. I was hoping the software was like FWS or PC that you downloaded and went and got the patterns. Nope. It takes me 15 steps just to get to the blocks. Then they have you view different colors, fabrics, styles, layouts, design options, etc. I figure after another 3 hours I'll be able to just get on and find the block patterns. It's very interesting but very similar to EQ7--I didn't need all the DJ options. I did get one block pattern printed out (of course it is Block 1, row 1 !) in a 6" size. I'm going to try it out and see if I like this size. I was comfortable with it for FWS and I really don't need another large quilt. I'll let yinz know how it goes.

Have a great week-end and do something you love today.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:38 AM

JanRN, the DJ patterns start in the middle and goes like a trip around the world or so I have been told. Since I opted to order the kit from Quilting on the Square, will let everyone know how that goes. Yes, I have the book and disk: Dear Jane quilt design software. I was spoiled by the EQ7 software disk FWSQ that was so easy to use.

Carrie, I loved your little hand waving "HI!"

Good news that the Maytag repairman is coming on Monday to repair the refrigerator in the garage so I will have two operating refrigerators for Thursday. Dh made the Impossible Pie this morning and I made the pudding-salad that needs to set up before hand. Also grinding my cranberries, oranges, apples, cherries, celery relish together so that will get seasoned through before Thursday. Plan on baking pies on Tuesday, and the casseroles of green beans, etc., and doing the sweet potatoes then also. Will bake the bread on Wednesday afternoon. Cleaning ovens today. Stay warm and safe; be careful on your trips for Thanksgiving on Thursday.