Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 AM

JanRN, maybe a post from your smart phone, too, so we can compare them? You did get them posted which is a plus in my book...

I tried my Stack n Whack yesterday and the one circle did not have the right angle for some reason; the second one did. I think I will try the Irish Chain or Four Patch on Wednesday...the second choice is a faster quilt. Too many UFOs not the go the quick route. Still have to do the FW blocks for Tuesday. Sorry, Jan, I did not recognize your FM blocks.

Dublb, are you having to steam your walls to remove wall paper? That can be a hard thing to do...then will you paint the wall or re-paper the wall?

Keep warm everyone. It is cold here.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:00 PM

Your blacks are purdyJan! I know that ya are just running a test but I like 'em.

Sue, I used a spray bottle full of water. We bought some wallpaper removal gel but it smelled aweful & the water worked better. I did get it done today.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:08 PM

Oh lordy Bev, I've been there, done that (wallpaper removal) What a horrible job, so glad you have it all done!

We are in Phoenix visiting our grandchildren, so have not been online very much.

Those "Stack n Whack" photos are amazing. I got a book on that technique, but it looked so complicated that I have not made it yet! Maybe someday! I have several books on different rulers and techniques that I have set aside after I saw how complicated they were!

I have a small Brother sewing machine in the RV, so have been putting the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt blocks together. I also brought the 30's quilt material and templates/PP with me. I have some of them done too.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:53 AM

Sounds like you are productive sewing lady on vacation, JeanieG! We have a new member on the FW 1930 site who displayed some of her blocks this weekend...lovey job and fabrics!

I may flunk out of the class this Wednesday; I tried the Stack n Whack we have done three times before and things are not like they should be. So I am looking hard at her four patch or Irish Chain that she does that is quicker than the normal Stack n Whack...simple and quick sounds very good.

JeanieG, send warm air this way please. Its three degrees below this morning and we have a wellness check with the new Dr. this morning. Brrrrrr.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:35 AM

Great background on the star block. I like both of those patterns, thanks for sharing! I might try them later.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:45 AM

I just wanted to say "hi" while I have a few minutes. DD is working through her English lesson and doesn't need my help right now. Things continue to be busy, but I am sneaking in some sewing time here and there. I have made 3 bindings for a friend's quilts (she pays me to put them on when they get done at the quilter's) and cut fabric out for her next quilt (she travels from FL so just orders fabric and has it sent here). I need to make 4 pillow cases (1 regular and 3 throws) for her and THEN I'll be finishing my star quilts. Yesterday I got the alternating blocks, borders and bindings cut for both quilts. I can't wait to see them all put together!!! Just have to decide if I am going to QAYG or put it all together and try quilting around the stars when it is a big quilt....my goal is to have at least one finished by mid February; both would be a great surprise. Then I have one other top I want to get done before our retreat in March...the top is together, just need to quilt it (it will be SITD).

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:06 PM

carriem, I'd like some pictures of all that progress! :-)
Old 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM

Carrie, I wish I had half that ambition!! Good luck with your projects.

I took new photos of the blocks that I'll post in FWS 1930s thread tomorrow. I didn't like the 2 blocks offered for this week so I found some patterns I wanted to try and made those instead. There are a few blocks down the line I'm not in love with so may substitute for them, too. I've gotten a lot of sewing done since Friday now that the vertigo is gone (mostly) and it's too darn cold to go out.

Hope all of yinz are well and staying warm (well, except for Jeanie--stay cool, I'm so jealous!)
Old 01-18-2016, 03:45 PM

I got the paste off of the entrance hall today.
Tomarrow AM I have to take my DM to have her cataract surgery. I hope that it is over fairly quickly & I will but paint to start the painting of the entrance hall in the afternoon.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Jan glad you're not spinning in circles standing still....you know what Carrie's problem is?.....she's younger than we...that's one of the reasons she gets things done....while Bev gets those walls ready for painting...
Yes Jeanie blow some warm air our way...was -12 when I left for work at 9:30...a heat wave came through and it was -4 for the drive home. Glad you can fit some RV sewing in during your visit...