Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Found the noodles at Walmart no less lol.....
Old 09-26-2015, 02:32 PM

NS, I just finished cooking the noodles until very soft then I drained the water but leave a little to the bottom of the pot, added some powered consomme and some yellow and green sliced squash that I had sauteed with onions. MIxed that all up and it's so pretty and taste so good. Then I sauteed a big chicken breast with soy. After the chicken is done I slice it all up and lay it in the gravy......That was an easy dinner for two and oh so good! lol
Old 09-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I really like the Amish style noodles, too...perfect with my freshly canned beef...a family favorite of ours...
Rosy. How's the house? Let's see it...what scraps did you use?
Had everyone here for dinner this noon...goulash made with canned tomatoes and ground beef...a side of frozen corn 6yo Avery helped make a 9 x 13 pan of brownies..also had a fresh loaf of bread albeit from the bred maker...still tasty..
Have a good Sunday...maybe MrOK and I will go to a matinee tomorrow...I see "Everest" is due out in theaters...he would like it...
Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM

Sounds good too, Rosy. I am surprised because Wal Mart does not carry the noodles here. dh loves those noodles iwth chicken or second choice is beef. Just finished off the beef and noodles yesterday. I cooked breakfast and stopped cooking today.

My hometown had their 'Pancake Day' celebration today I made waffles this morning and we celebrated at home without the crowds and blocked off streets due to construction that has lasted all summer long. Hard to get from point A to point B, so we put off or run once a month the places hard to navigate though road construction sites. Plus they do not allow horses in the parade, so that kills the joy for me since I rode in it when I was young with the Saddle Club. Guess there is not a Saddle Club any more, either.

What do you do with the keep sake memory stuff???? I keep some of the kid's work, prom pictures, essays that were in the top three in the district, some holiday cards and letters from by-gone days and deceased kin folks. It still brings me joy in looking at them again...so rather keep them . . have cut each box down at least 50%. Still washing clothes and fabric from the trailer brought into the house...and sorting them. I have casual dress pants that spans the rainbow collectively....especially red because that was the school colors. Have all of dh's Father's Loving Companion's crochet patterns, non-replaceable...in the memory stuff.All her knit fabric and patterns she used. Sigh, I feel a headache coming on...and where to store the memory items I saved back...probably end up in my room behind a big green chair. At least I will know where they are and what is there that matters to me, I guess.

Dh still wants s 'pouch' made yesterday...putting it together may take a while; and I don't have everything cleaned up yet. He keeps adding this and that to be included with the tablet, like wallet, billfold, cell phone, flashlight, small knife. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:22 PM

Oh Lord Nina, the memory stuff is so hard to get rid of even tho it's in a box in the closet and never moves lol.....I don't have time to go through it or many a better word is ...don't want to lol....

Today I took my swift out and wound up some yarn. I am knitting a stripped kitty, so fun. I spent the better part of the day surfing the web searching for kitties to knit, found a cute snake to, to make out of scap yarn lol....just made some powder buns, they are smelling up the whole house. Hubby came in from the dog racing and had a plate of noodles and chicken and a side of bun on his plate lol ...He is a happy man..
Old 09-26-2015, 06:23 PM

Ok those houses are the cutest. I have printed them out but will do them tomorrow ...I want to go knit the kitty lol
Old 09-27-2015, 04:39 AM

Happy birthday, QNS, and I wish you many, many more (to get those UFOs done LOL). Enjoy your special day!
Old 09-27-2015, 04:49 AM

Thanks, JanRN. Dh comes before the UFOs, so probably work on his 'pouch' today and clearing up the great room....dinning and living room combined into one room. Move the memory boxes to my room...fix the round steak as pepper steak for lunch...with french fries or American wedge fries. It is too many or too few years to worry about another year older...or just getting better...LOL!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:53 AM

Happy Birthday NS, like you I don't even remember mine lol...I just know I'll be 75 and I have to think real hard when somebody asks my age.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Nina Sue. Happy Birthday to you. You know it is now legal to perform this in public without paying copyright fees......Have a great day...