Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-14-2015, 03:31 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm safe and sound... We left on Thursday morning around 11 and stopped in Emporia, Va overnite, then left yesterday morning and stopped at Joanns in Wilmington, NC for a piece of w/w fabric which they didn't have and then arrived here in Calabash,NC around 3 in the afternoon...stopped for milk and checked the area out..

After unpacking the car we took a break then went to the cafeteria for dinner..brought home my egg custard pie that I couldn't eat I was so full...ate it later watching TV and went to bed at 9pm...I was so tired..

Today we went out for breakfast then to Ace hardware for some batteries, Walmart for a DVD player, Friendly's for lunch with a free sundae, back home and having pizza for dinner..Now that I'm all caught up with you'all ...Tomorrow I plan on doing some sewing then in the afternoon moving some stuff around to accommodate the wicker furniture we bought last time we were here.. who knows what I'll be doing after that..

Jan, that's the one thing I don't like about PPing..The way the seams lay.. I think it was Bev that told us to use a mallet and pound them until they are flatter when we were doing the FWS..
Pizza's here ! Later Guys, H.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Yup, Jan. A hammer may help, too.

Glad you made it down to NC, Honchey.

Just watched another great ISU Cyclone BB game. Beat Kansas in the Big XII Conference tournament.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:51 PM

Glad you made your trip safely Anne! Our local Costco is remodeling their food court, we really miss picking up their Pizza's - they are really good.

OK - I love to watch basketball also, our local Community College team is done for the year, but we sure enjoyed going to watch them twice a week! Such fun!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:50 AM

Jeanie, we're 30 miles north of a Costco and 45 miles south of one...great shopping areas either way and we have to plan the day around going there...bring coolers , go to quilt shops, golf stores etc... doing that tomorrow..Yay!

Putting a pork roast in the oven today...warming up the house to take the chill off without having to put the heat up..my finger splits are almost healed..I have to keep the skin soft so they won't crack again..no kitchen duty for the last couple of day has helped...I WILL be sewing today!!!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions on my lumpy sashing. I tried unsewing some of the seam allowance, trimmed them down to 1/8" and adjusted the setting on my Viking to sewing thicker fabric, pressed the seams all open in the seam allowance and paid more attention to sewing a straight line. The sashing is laying much flatter, there are still one or two areas with a little "bump" but I'm hoping batting & quilting will hide them. I also think I'll wash it in hot water and dry hot so it shrivels. I usually don't like my quilts shriveled but I think it will hide a lot of lumps.

No sewing today, just need a breather I think. My brain hurt yesterday LOL. Pot of spaghetti sauce on the stove, now time to do the NY Times Crossword Puzzle. And maybe a nap! Thanks again, all--knew I could count on yinz!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:24 AM

I am doing book work this morning, reconciling with bank records, checking accounts, too much month left over!! Pasting all receipts in a notebook for record keeping and what we spent $$$ on this year. need to fill out insurance forms and I keep putting it off. Going to accountant Tuesday for taxes and need to sort the income/expenses out for him. All those trips to the doctor's, and mileage for medical reasons are deductible....don't know if it reaches the mark to deduct it or not.

Honchey, I am happy you got there and everything is A-OK. And sounds like you are having fun.

JanRN, would love to see the months, or month, of the PP from QOTS.

JeanieG, hope you enjoyed your RV trip.

Sun is shinning here; up to 56 degrees. Beautiful day. Gotta to find couple more cash register receipts that are hiding some where. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:37 AM

QNS - it is always a pain when it comes to Income Tax time. I find that using Quicken really makes it so much easier for me. I love it and have used it for years. You can download all your banking and Credit/Debit Card Information into Quicken any time you want, then categorize the items so at the end of the year you can just run a report on the categories for your Accountant (Medical, Drs, Donations, etc). Since it done all year long, you don't have the pain of trying to find all the receipts. Of course, if you pay cash for things, that does not work. I don't carry a lot of cash, so just charge everything and pay it off at the end of the month.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 AM

Accountant wants the letter head listing of each medical service occurring during the year...He is very cautious with his figures and proof of things...so I tried to get it all and see how it was different from Medicare...then decided that is why I pay the accountant! Really went a lot of miles in 2014 for medical services!

What program do you all use to back up your computer in case of crashes? There is a variety of them free of charge, but have not chosen one yet...very private, too. Not having my ancestor.com backed up with 2600 names is still bugging me...three years of research down the drain. Had published it midway, and that is on record there, and have some hard copies, if I want to type it all in again.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:34 PM

Here is a article I found online on Online Backups, lots of information here.

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-onli...ces-1006345049
Old 03-15-2015, 05:07 PM

Jeanie, how was your trip? Just curious--do you have a sewing machine in your RV or do you do hand sewing while camping? My quilty friend & her DH have a Harley Davidson Trike with full packs and they ride it cross country staying with friends or hotels. She packs hand sewing to take with her.