Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Jan--that is a fun quilt. One of these days after I get a few more UFOs finished up I am going to make a quilt with different size blocks.

I got 2 UFOs finished up today: http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post7248550
Old 07-06-2015, 04:55 AM

Lovely quilts and good to finish two UFOs, Carrie.

Honchey, you did a good job with photos showing the steps for all with your center twist on center point.

Off to solve problems today...we hope. Ice maker put water all over the floor last night Think dh used too much strong arm in putting it back in last night, hoping a new filter will cure the problem. Take care everyone.

Made five stars yesterday...hope for more today.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:30 AM

Carrie, I love the quilting on your 2 finishes. I was glad you showed a close up. I never can figure out what to do in borders-love the little motifs you used. Question for all yinz machine quilters: do you stop and start between motifs or do you just backstitch the one you're working on and then move over to the next area (called a jump stitch I think)?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:09 AM

Hi Jan--I didn't do anything too fancy on my quilting...just used a zig-zag stitch for the stitch-in-the-ditch. Maybe you are looking at one of the other UFO quilts? But thanks
Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM

My best free hand quilting books were apparently never packed into the U-haul by the guys loading the big truck. I had bought storage rolling carts with dh along to voice his opinion, but for naught...he and ex-landlord threw most of them away, so not all 'packed' things of mine were loaded in the truck....they ran that outside on packing up the truck while I packed up things in the house. Amazing that all of dh garden tools made it into the truck, and we made the second trip to pick up his other things left in a storage unit...but mine stuff was tossed. Most of them are non replaceable. Sigh. Water under the dam, cannot forget them.

Dressed out two ducks this morning, plan to do two a morning until all the bigger ducks are canned. Finally got into the QR, but dh decided to sew on his over sized underwear, destroying my peace and quiet. (If he has an audience, he 'talks' to himself about every little problem or action he is doing.) So I am working back in my room for awhile. Have any of you used the pressure cooker/slow cooker from Amazon or a model similar to it? I roasted the first duck, but meat was tough, so I am boiling the other one on top of the stove, until it is tender enough to pick the meat off of the bones.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:41 PM

I am finally home. What a busy 2 weeks! As soon as I got home I had ta run ta the PO & make a complaint. I mailed a check ta a DF. She was gonna make me organizer bag as a fundraiser for her DGD's dance club. I sent it Priority but it took 10 days to get ta California! (It sure had both of us upset as I thought she had the check & wasn't makin' my bag while she thought I wanted my bag but hadn't sent the check.) Well the PO doesn't guarantee Priority mail. I have ta go online to make formal complaint. Grrrrr
Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 AM

Nina, Maybe older ducks need to be prepared like older tough chickens..I think because ducks have most of their fat just beneath the skin & when that melts away it leaves the meat tough...Duck meat is stringier than chicken...I would chop it up for duck salad or make a pate'.. Go online for some recipes...
Old 07-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Thanks, Hounchey. Best solution seems to be sell them alive and let someone else butcher and eat them. Hopefully, we have a person willing to buy them....we will sell at bargain prices.

My dinning room table is loaded down with 3 and one half bushels of peaches...nice large sweet freestone peaches to can tomorrow. bargin price on them....less than 1.99 a pound. Dh loves peaches in the winter time.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:41 PM

My pear tree in Brady is covered up in pears. DM said that they won't be ripe till Sept or early Oct. I guess I am gonna learn how ta make pear butter. DGM would cut 'em inta chunks & cover 'em in a sugar syrup. I really didn't like 'em that way. We picked a ton o' tomato's today.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Oh summer's bounty is coming on....my snap peas have been so tasty...and tomatoes are green..so envious of fresh ripe ones Bev.

Peaches, fresh and juicy are my absolute favorite...eating them whole at the stage where the juice drips down your chin....taste one for me QNS....