Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-08-2015, 06:33 PM

Yep, I have eaten two and imagining a pie and how good it would taste.... working up peaches tomorrow. Processing the meat first, then the peaches. Meat is in the jars ready to process. Made Chicken/duck noodles and sent two quarts with Patty to her daughter's for them to eat tomorrow...along with the foster children they have. Left enough for dh to enjoy a few meals from the noodle soup.

Tomatoes are coming on , but so small; so many plants have died. Have Patty's son, Nick, looking for tomatoes at auction, because ours are not making it. Peaches were costly $$$, but worth it. Large, sweet, and juicy...freestone.

Bedtime. Good=night all.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:14 AM

Twenty five pints from one box and 30 from the second. Just have 36 lids left, so will have to buy some more today...first box of the morning and second in afternoon should be about 90 more pints today. Have a good one.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Oh you make me tired just thinking about all that canning....

DIL and I went to a farm transition session today...so much to absorb and so much work to do to pass on the operation to the next generation.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:23 PM

Three half bushels all done for this year's peach crop. Four half bushels were Georgia Peaches Hurrah! Will make jam at a later date with the frozen quart packages. Two pies sitting on the counter; dh has sampled and passed on his joy to the cook. LOL!

What a lucky generation to continue the family farm, Ok. Number one animal killer of people last year was the ....
cow. Surprised? They killed over 60 people last year. Maybe their diet they were objecting too????

Good night all.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 PM

Oh Sue that is so funny about the cows diet! LOL
I got to sew taday. I think I will try to sew in the afternoons from now on. It has worked everyday this week. Do chores in the morning eat lunch the sew.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

Re: killer cows...I would bet that number wasn't limited to the females of the bovine species, but included bulls as well..that being said a mother beef cow is a fearsome animal who will protect her calf to the very end....it is natural instinct to protect their young.

I'm plugging away at the sewing space..want to sew and won't let myself until it's organized..my BIL came west last night to be with dear sis...they came down tonight for supper and will head up to my brother's place tomorrow. Recuperation is going very well...he should be out of rehab by the end of the month.. time to call it a day...

Nice finishes on another thread, Carrie
Old 07-13-2015, 11:12 AM

Hi EveryoneI spent several days at my sister's in De..It was very relaxing and collected a couple of Row by Row patterns...When I'll ever do them????? I've been busy ripping apart Wool Jackets that I purchased at the thrift shops in NC for a $ 1 each...one of the customers at Viking makes beautiful handbags using the recycled wool. I've also been busy cutting the pping patterns for the new ride..I have them all done & bagged...Today is DH's birthday and we'll probably go out for dinner tonite... He's feeling very good..had an excellent report for #'s from the Cyberknife procedure..

All in all it's been a good couple of weeks for me & family...I'll be working several days towards the end of the month...Yay!

How are things going with the house in Brady, Bev??

QNS, are you still canning?
Old 07-13-2015, 12:16 PM

I finished the 101 pints of peaches and they are on the shelf in the fruit pantry. Tomatoes coming on, green beans and potatoes. I stayed in my QB yesterday and almost finished the 25 stars for crossed star quilt. So far behind in quilt room schedule...but need to can while I can get the produce. Still wondering how to can squash...summer squash...stripped and yellow.... anyone know?
Old 07-13-2015, 01:08 PM

I had a great time in Brady. We came home on Tues & it rained 6" on Wed AM. The lake rose 2 feet! 13 more feet to go! That's so much better than the 18 feet we needed last year!
Old 07-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Bit by bit the lake will fill, Bev.
Honchey you've been very productive..wish I could say the same...I took DGS to town this am for band lesson and BB camp. While waiting for him, I hand quilted with guild members on a quilt we are donating to the local hospital auction this fall. Very hot and humid...Missed the bad storms some parts of the Midwest got last night.
Peaches sound heavenly, QNS....