Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 89 of 542 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

It isn't really a "circle"...here is the link to the block: http://quilterscache.com/F/FriendshipCircleBlock.html

Carriem, I'm trying to remember what this block looks like in colors..I know I saw it somewhere..

when you go to the pattern there are links to a couple samples of blocks others have made on that page...

Thanks, Carrie, I guess inquiring minds wanted to know...enough said. It is an interesting site that I think I know, then one pops up that I don't remember.

Anyone have any experience with duvet...making them or using them? JoAnn's has a free pattern on their site.

Blog Entries
    I really like how that block creates a secondary design. Good choice, Carrie.
    Thanks for the info on the duvet, QNS. I have 2 old, but very nice wool blankets I'd like to make covers for. I washed them; shrank very little. Did not put them in the drier. They would make excellent centers for a duvet, don't you think?
    dublb--hug that new little one. I'm sure he's already started growing.
    All the chatter about the MB's just heightens the excitement, doesn't it?
    I'm trying to get a mini done for a fundraiser. The owner of some ground we rent, is going through some tough times with cancer. A FR in their community is St Patrick's Day and I need to get this done so it can head west. So off I go trying to get sewing time in this week. DS and BIL are staying in ND this weekend because of weather threat for their return trip. Bummer, but maybe in a month they will be down.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

growing up we had them on our feather quilts..My grandmother would make them from sheets sized to fit the quilts (like a pillow case) with ties on the open end...they kept the feather quilts clean...

Never heard of 'feather quilts' just feather beds, a mattress tick fabric filled with downy feathers from ducks or geese, real soft downy feathers, you shook and it would with air from the out side in and let you nestle down into its warmth. We used to sew up a three sided piece of wool or cotton, stuff the worn, holey and torn blanket in it and hand tie it into place. We had feather pillows, too, that i helped Gran make.

But never handled a duvet...which i believe encases the quilt protecting from harm. Old quilts had muslin fabric piece down about 12 to 18 inches from the top to protect the top of the quilt from the man's whiskers.

I still have my grandmothers feather quilt...this one is a blend of feathers & down..I've always called it a "quilt"..it is very heavy..but warm...Gee, I could have used it when "Sandy" happened...

I have just arrived home, traffic was horrendous. Had to stop at the Doc's and have my dressing changed, it has been a long day for me.
    Will catch up with you all tomorrow. I need to put my head on a pillow for a couple of hours
    Karen

Hello All ... just realized I haven't been here most of yesterday and all of today ... and now I should be in bed, but I'm so curious as to what all has been happening in these parts!

Survived the dentist, though it was only a temporary fix being that it was an emergency appointment. So now have to go back in a week and a half for the serious stuff. UGH!!!!!!

Andthe hot news for today .............. Alas! I got my JanieW block!
    I will admit I did not get to the PO yesterday, so perhaps it was there then.
    It's beeeeeeauuuuuuutiful .......... THANK YOU JanieW!!!

Now off to catch up with my reading!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-06-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

JanRN ... you had me laughing about your PITA-DGS ... and of course, all I could think of was his broadcasting about your FART in Starbucks! DarlingGS, right!! Yea for another successful FART!!

OKSGlad ... trying to keep a farmer on the low down is not an easy task. Better find something to keep him busy and out of your "hair". Here's hoping that the therapy does the trick. And here you are busy making another mini for a fundraiser! So kind and thoughtful!

Duvets ... All this talk about duvets, makes me miss mine all the more!! While I love my quilts, I totally miss my feather duvets. Always feel as though I am sleeping in a cloud. But a quilt just doesn't work as a duvet cover for those feathers. Kind of weights them down and they'd lose their puffy cloud like feel!!

Anael ... such exciting news about Isa's soon-to-be first bath!

MiraB ... OUCH! for your dental work. Hope that your mouth and cheek are feeling much better. What a beautiful Pineapple Quilt. Incredible, actually!

GGal and the Pineapple Mystery ... it's going to make for a beautiful quilt ... once we all get sorted out on what we are doing! I've never done a pineapple block, but after seeing MiraB's .... well, another want to do!!

Mystery Blocks ... all this activity has me feeling like a slacker. I promised myself, finish the PC blocks and then the Mystery will be my reward. I did my 72 as of last week, and this week, doing the spares. This weekend, Mystery can begin! ..... So ladies, please get all the kinks and questions sorted out for me! And then I can sail along this weekend. I know dreamer ........... I'll probably spend a lot of time deciding on the what's .... fabric, colours, combos, pattern, etc.

Honchey ... WOW! how things can change in the blink of an eye at the dentist. I have had problems where the freezing went wrong, but after a day things were OK.

On the dental front ... he thinks I should consider Nitrous Oxide. Who has had experience with it? and your thoughts? Although the price of it has me very negative towards it's possibility!

CarrieM and DublB ... hope you both have great time at your Retreats!

QNSue ... how exciting to have DD/DGS coming this weekend. Good planning on your part to have as much prep done as you an before they come, so you can focus on them, and not the other work.

And I will close .............Now I lay me down to sleep!!
    Morning will be here before I know it. I'll sleep better knowing that I have checked in with y'all!
    (Probably not back now til Friday.)
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.

This picture was taken yesterday. Bram, well dressed in Australian flannel with his Australian sheet
    He's still on the ventilator as you can see. Isa still has one line so we're not sure she can have her first bath today. We'll see when we get there this afternoon. Isa could finally be measured, she's 14.1 " ....and the tallest of the two.
    Name:  foto (1000 x 750).jpg
Views: 94
Size:  117.0 KB
    Last edited by Anael; 03-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

This is Isa, on my DDIL's lap! She's looking weird because of all the adhesives. It's needed because she's trying to pull the tube out all the time. She's also well dressed in Australian flannel
    Name:  IMG_2675 (750 x 1000).jpg
Views: 80
Size:  113.5 KB

Anael--nice to see pictures of the twins getting bigger and especially of them dressed and being held. Hope Isa can get her bath today.

Mirabelle--hope you heal quickly.

Haven't heard from some of you in a while...hope that just means you're busy sewing. Just a few hours and I am off...all ready to go so will probably be on here too much this morning.

Oh my gosh Anael what beautiful photos, Isa looks as if she is looking straight at you and those beautiful eyes...

Thanks for everyones thoughts, I feel like a big sook but the side of my face is still throbbing, and I thought I had a pretty high pain threshold...

Will try and get the binding on another quilt top tomorrow, and because I have been feeling a little low I bought myself a pressie. Will show you all tomorrow
    Karen

Anael ... oh so sweet and precious!

CarrieM ... sew sew sew! Here's hoping that your main work is done with, and now you can get on with the FUN part and enjoy the time together with everyone!

MiraB ... no whimp at all, though you can play it up all you want and go for an extra pressie!! (or six??)

Ladies ... want to be MiraB bought a new sewing machine!!!!

Have a great day everyone ... see you tomorrow!

Precious photos Anael. Mirabelle & QuiltE, I know how the both of you feel and it's the pits!!! Carriem, Have some fun at your retreat and don't forget to do some sewing!!
    After one and a half days with my thinking cap on with these blocks I'm taking a break...I will be gone all day traveling back & forth to the Gallery...I am teaching a class today and will probably stay for a couple of hours after just catching up with everyone...so until tomorrow sometime I wish you all an adieu.
    PS..Jan, I'm taking my coupons with me

Anael, thanks for the update on the sewglads!! i feel for you both, mirabelle and quilte; take care!! May R. oksewGlad feel better real soon...so the milk maid can retire again.

Carrie, have fun at your retreat, and Dublb, you have fun, too. honchey, have fun on your FART with coupons.

Good news here; son-in-law is coming, too. First time in years and years, there's beer in our refrigerator!! Now to get the house to come around to being 'straightened' up and ready. Get stack of empty egg cartons off the dining room table. And to sew a bit as well.

Isa couldn't have her bath today as she still has that one line.
    Bram is taken off the ventilator today. All conditions were optimal, it's now up to him. If he needs to go back on the ventilator there's a huge problem because he needs to breath on his own now. So let's hope he will make it this time!
    We only looked at him, did not disturb him as he needs to adjust and needs lots and lots of rest.

Mirabelle and QuiltE, I hope you both will feel well very soon.

Enjoy your visit QNS!

Oh my Anael, how scary about Bram being off that ventilator. Prayers continue for both those beautiful babies!

I hope all with the dental problems are feeling better. I'm with some of you, I just hate going to the dentist too!

I got the fabric I ordered, and wouldn't you know it is a different shade of blue from the one I used as a sample. There is no color number on the fusions, just the design number. I'll put it up on the display board and see how it looks. Will snap a photo so you all can see. There are seven (7) different shades of dark blue in the fusions 4070 line. I chose the one I "thought" was the correct one! Darn! Of course, I love fusions, so will not feel too bad if I have to buy more! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ok everyone, here are two photos. The first one with the original blue Fusion, and the other with the Royal Blue Fusion. I still think I like the original better. Hopefully I can figure out what color of the 7 it is! What say you???
    Attached Images Attached Images

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, they're both lovely. I usually go for black or the darkest blue I can find. Funny, I actually like the second blue better with your blocks. Hmm--are my tastes changing??? I think the second blue goes well with the spirit of the quilt and the fun animal blocks. It feels more informal--I don't know if that's the right word but maybe it feels more fun. Does this make sense L0L???
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jeanie, to my one eye, the light blue 'blends' in and the dark blue makes it 'pop'. i did not know there were 7 blues in the fusion line...i may have to place an order next month for a half of year of each for my ocean wave quilt...that's around the bend somewhere. The more you ladies show of your quilts, the more i want to one, too.

meanwhile, there are more than one calling my name to finish in the quilt room. Including the mystery block for this month.

Ok Ladies...pull your hats on tight and mount your pony for a gallop. I FINISHED my PC quilt. The lighting wasn't very good but I needed you all to witness this amazing result. I did all of this quilt from start to finish using the QAYG method. I used the stepping stone block I learned from KT so I have about half of my blocks to still do something with but that will wait for a little. I need a change. Name:  photo-049.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  317.0 KBName:  photo-49.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  301.0 KBName:  photo-50.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  292.8 KBName:  photo-51.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  294.8 KBName:  photo-52.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  171.8 KB I used the baptist fan pattern for quilting the borders and PC blocks. The Stepping Stone blocks were quilting by outlining the applique. The last picture is my bonus blocks that I finally had room for on my design wall. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and keeping my feet to the fire to finish this in a timely manner.

i love, love , love your pony quilt...beautiful job!! love the slashing you used, it is so perfect, perfect, perfect. hope mine will look half as nice.

Your coffee cup and tea cup with what-ever-you-call-pots are very nice as well...and now you are looking at your bonus blocks!! lovey job; i can just imagine how nice your pineapple quilt will Be!!

Page 89 of 542 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 139 189 ... LastLast