Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 88 of 542 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Wow...that's beautiful Mirabelle. Just what I had in mind. Thanks again for your help. All of you are so kind and helpful....patient too!

Yes Honchey I printed up those instructions and used that method of construction for making my block. Just used my measurements. I actually liked this method better than paper piecing.
    Karen

Really gorgeous quilt, Mirabelle. It's mesmerizing!

That pineapple quilt is gorgeous, mirabelle. Hope you start to heal soon.

regarding the construction of Gardnergal's block, I am so confused I don't know whether I found a rope or lost a horse. Are we doing the paper pieced one Honchey sent us or are we doing the one mirabelle showed us which is start with a 2.5" square and make it with 1 1/2 inch strips? They are different in appearance even if they are both 12.5

If Gardnergal wants all her blocks to be made the same way, I think we need to clarify this for the person who is making it for March.

Mirabelle--I agree your pineapple quilt is very pretty.

Ggal--you will have to decide...do you want your center square on point (like the original sample and pp pattern Honchey sent out) or square like Mirabelle's block?...I think that is what changes the size of the strips to get the finished size??? I haven't tried making either yet so am not for sure.

Yes, Mirabelle your pineapple quilt is beautiful...I always wanted to try the block...

Now , I just need to know which one to do...what color corner triangles??? I know it's a red center, natural muslin where the black is and scrappy for the rest... decide GGal...

Mirabelle - that quilt is spectacular. What a wonderful way to use up scraps!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Mirabelle - Sigh, That's beautiful!!!!
    GG - Ahh the pressure is on. LOL Not really, we just want ta know how ya want it. This is gonna be so much fun.
    I leave for my retreat in th'mornin'. I will take my laptop but probably won't be on much. I'm finishin' up my packin' now, & headed for bed.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb--have a great (and productive) time at your retreat!!

I am all packed for mine, but I don't leave until tomorrow. I go to the chiro today and will get the house picked up/laundry done. DH tries to keep it nice while I am gone (or at least they clean again before I get back)...so I should come home to a relatively clean house on Sunday. I too will have my laptop so will probably check in and maybe even share pictures of my progress.

All....let's do it using the tut that I sent starting with a 2 1/2 inch red center and using 1 1/2 inch strips. Mirabelle is experienced with the block and found that the tut was easier than paper piecing. Like any other block, it's just a matter of accurate cutting and straight slight 1/4 inch seams. Hope this brings the horse and rope together, Janie. Can't have one without the other on this ride.
    JanR and Carrie....thanks for cheering me on. I did get one more border on and the last one quilted yesterday. We'll see how long I can wrestle with the quilt in my small space if I get both of them attached today. I almost have the quilt on my design wall in the flimsy stage and will start working on the BBs. We got about 2 inches of snow last night. It's a beautiful world outside.
    Mirabelle....hope we don't make you laugh and pull your stitches. Baby yourself a little and get well soon.
    dubib....have fun at your retreat!

Ok GGal..what color do you want for the corner triangles ??? or are we making a block like the one Mirabelle posted??

Hope everyone has fun with this pineapple block, it really is very interesting block to do, challenging, and keeps one gong. Since I cut the third one I finished with the 2 1/2 inch square for the middle (squared up, so it was perfect) and 1 1/2 strips, wonder where I went wrong...maybe needed one more strip on it...maybe a scant 1/4 inch seam allowance. Guess with a red center, we are on our own on the rest of it, or GG, do you want red triangles as well? Or make the whole block from shades of red? I tried to get contrast on mine I posted on line here, since it is just 11.5. it is too small of a block, so would like to try again and see what I can do with it.

Mirabelle, beautiful quilt...looks so great! Hope we all can do as well and GG will have a good start on a beautiful quilt.

Now to get ready for dd and dgs incoming this Friday. Have the Hot Wheels and Easter goodies for him; meat on hand to fix in the crockpot (so I can play more with dgs). You all have fun on your retreats, I plan on having fun with dgs!!

Let it snow and get cold today and tomorrow and warm up like they have forecast!!

Janie, your block arrived today! It's gorgeous, thank you! And thanks for the sweet letter you sent with it.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Aneal, Glad you got it and that you like it. How are Bram and Isa today? I sometimes miss your updates so am hoping all is well.

Carrie and Bev, Have fun on those retreats, you lucky ones.

Mirabelle, hope you're not as sore today. I knicked the area between my thumb and forefinger with the rotary cutter yesterday, but I 'm sure your discomfort is justified to be whine worthy, while mine is self inflicted and born of stupidity!

QNS, Have fun with your grandson tomorrow. How old is he? you sound like such a good grandma with all your preparations and making sure you have the things he likes.

Ggal, I think the horse and rope have been reunited, but it doesn't take much to confuse me somedays! I had the day from you know where yesterday in the sewing room. I am really looking forward to making the pineapple block for you. I hope we didn't drive you batty with all our questions. We just want to make a block that you want.

Janie, I didn't get an update from my DS or DDIL today, I guess I will hear from them this evening as they have been visiting Bram and Isa this afternoon. As soon as I know something I will post it.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

JanieW, dgs is four; will be five end of May...cannot believe dd has been married six years this June!! Of our three children, dd Cindy is the only one married and with a grand child: a son. Another PC has graciously let me 'adopt' her 3 young darling grand daughters, I have thoroughly enjoyed her stories back. Which reminds me, Easter is coming up and I need to get a box started to send to them.

Will Friday ever come??? DD is a electronic engineer, worked with Compact, and with Lockheed Martin on programming space shuttle to Mars (the one which worked) then retired to be a wife and Mother. Several companies has tried to recruit her, but she is enjoying her stay-at-home Mom work. So she has build dh a new computer and is bringing it out to him from Lincoln, NE...with dgs. Her dh is also an electronic engineer, often traveling on weekends, North, East and West for his company...a division of Dell. He is thee prefect son-in-law, I think, really caring for his family, and taking an active role in caring for their son. DD has many projects that I completed and gifted her with, and she still has them after all these years and several moves later...dating back to her teenage years.

The tut I sent has a controlled scrappy hence the red triangles. Don't be afraid to use a lot of different scraps having only the muslin and red square constant. The one I started had a different color family in each round I.e. four different green, four different reds, etc. if you are now making the block using only one color with the muslin, DON'T change a thing. If you look at Mirabelle's quilt, where the blocks join can have four different colors so don't worry about the color of the triangles. I've had a big dose of Bonnie Hunter and there are some beautiful scrappy quilts and this is an opportunity for any of you to dip into that bag of scraps that are too good to throw away but you don't have a project for. I intended for this block to be a very undemanding block and could never have dreamed it would have gotten this much attention.

Thanks, GardenGal, for teaching me a lot more about the pineapple block and how easy it can be; I never dreamed of doing this block before. I always heard they were a lot of work and hard to get right. Directions will get stored in a safe place to retain longer and try again. It is a great day when you have to opportunity to learn something new.

New block I am working on its coming out to the measurements it should. Maybe there is a small pineapple quilt coming from scraps here.

So glad I could help with this one, now I am off to the LQS to finish a quilt. We had heavy rain last night and we still have this monsoonal trough sitting off the coast, the weather people are saying next week it could develop into a cyclone, definitely hoping that is not the case.
    Have a great day everyone
    Karen

Has anyone begun to work on Carrie's friendship circle? Mine is coming out to 13 inches and I don't know how to adjust the size on my printer.
    PC quilt all bordered and I plan to bind tomorrow. I can see the finish!!!

I haven't made my own block, so I am not much help on that one specifically, but have printed others from quilters cache...was your test square 1" when you printed the template?

When I go to the "print template" link it opens a window with the template. If I then click on "file" and "print preview" I can found "scale" and click on "custom"...I noticed on mine it said 95% even though I had it set to print at 100%, so changed it to 105 under custom for a different block and the "test square" came out right....I haven't tried with the Friendship Circle yet though...hope this makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I haven't made my own block, so I am not much help on that one specifically, but have printed others from quilters cache...was your test square 1" when you printed the template?

When I go to the "print template" link it opens a window with the template. If I then click on "file" and "print preview" I can found "scale" and click on "custom"...I noticed on mine it said 95% even though I had it set to print at 100%, so changed it to 105 under custom for a different block and the "test square" came out right....I haven't tried with the Friendship Circle yet though...hope this makes sense!
    Yes it makes sense. I've not had a problem before so I didn't check it real close but now I see that it's about 2 threads off all around. Wouldn't think it would make that much difference would you?

Ggal--I am sure it will be just fine. I am not too picky!!

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Ggal--I am sure it will be just fine. I am not too picky!!
    I'll try to reprint it from my laptop. Cutting the block down after you get it will make the circle flat in places.

What friendship circle???? Don't think I have heard about that one; but then I do not do circles...with quilt patterns.

Page 88 of 542 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 98 138 188 ... LastLast