Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 129 of 542 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 128 129 130 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Good Call, DDamsel!!!!!!!! ... Happy Birthday to Me from Me!!!! ......... after all I did not treat myself to anything this year! (and I usually do!!!) It must have been a premonition!

QNSue ... oh you'll see the results, and probably for the first while, hear more of my frustrations than accolades of success! We used to keep a kiddy pool under the trees near our home so the dogs could always get a drink of water ... then one day we came out and here was the dog laying in it. Guess she was hot-hot-hot!!!!

DDamsel ... me thinks you are starting to fill the Ark, with your menagerie! More pics are required!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Ddamsel - cute dog, how do you keep track of your animals, I have trouble with 2

QuiltE - need pics of your new machine when you bring it home, congrats on making the decision that was right for YOU!!!!
    Karen

Onward in the quilting room...to Triangle Star pattern from Laundry Basket Quilts a 73 by 73 inches with over 443 triangles...working on the 2 7/8 scrappy ones...there's 128 half square triangles there for a start. Love the look of it.

Love DD taking time this evening to fix my computer that got messed up with a Microsoft update this morning. Its so nice that she trained in computer-field and got her degree there; might be better than having a doctor or lawyer in the family. LOL!!

QuiltE, congrats on your new machine!

Mirabelle, gorgeous quilting as usual

QNS, I just had a look at the design. Lots and lots of HST! That would scare me off

I visited Bram and Isa yesterday and got to hold them both! The eye doc in Enschede doesn't agree with the eye doc in Groningen and tomorrow another doc will have a look. They're talking about yet another hospital for treatment. Otherwise they're doing great!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Here's today's block for Ode to my Mom. It's block # 11 Odd Fellows Chain.
    Name:  Block # 11 Odd Fellows Chain.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  162.3 KB
    and here's the upper right corner, blocks assembled.
    Name:  blockassembly top right (603 x 678).jpg
Views: 82
Size:  117.5 KB

Anael your blocks are beautiful, can't wait to see more
    Karen

Aneal, Beautiful Blocks! who is the author of the pattern?

QNinaSue THANKS for the tips on caring for the ducks

All, yes we have LOTS of critters, DhDD has a NAME for every single one, I dont even TRY to keep track, Im good if I remember my kids names

QuiltE, YES I DID get fabric from my friend... she says wedding quilt? I say baby quilts? LOL so here is the TWO quilt tops finished for sisters wedding, one is queen size the other large lap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DDamsel I love your quilt tops, is the first one Kaleidoscope using the fabric in the second one, that's neat
    Karen

DDamsel .... My oh My you have been busy! Great pair of quilts, I particularly like the 4PP. So spring-like. What a nice Big Sis (are you the elder?) you are to her!!!!! Now, are you going to quilt them with that new machine you got a little while ago? When is the wedding? And what does Sis say about the destiny of that extra fabric?

Anael ... Odd Fellow is far from that, and actually quite handsome! Wouldn't he be nice done as a whole quilt? Same block, different colour ways? Or even all matchy-matchy? I'm sure it's difficult for all of you to hear the latest concerns about the SewGrands. Better that the Dr's are staying vigilant and ensuring all that can be done, is done.

QNSue ... OMG I just looked at that pattern, and went dizzy with all the HSTs!!! Are you doing it scrappy? Remember, you were there to help DD, and probably were a good influence as to the path she took. Now she's there to help you!

All but the final two PC border strips (top/bottom) are done ... then I can do the pick-pick-pick clean-up!!!

Oh such pretty blocks and quilts this morning....having my morning coffee and need to wake up a bit...it's cold outside had to put the heat on...will catch up later today..

It was cold here this morning too when I woke up but the weather was great for most of the day! I spent a lot of time outside

QuiltE, NO whole quilt! I had enough trouble to get matching seams on one block so I won't make another one. Maybe blow it up and make a 40" square Odd Fellow Chain? Or I might have to get used to starching my fabric.

Tomorrow we will know what's going on with Isa's eyes. At least we hope we will.

DD, great quilts! I love the first one

DD. here's the link to the pattern: https://www.frommyhearttoyourhands.c...ROD=1175987573

Good morning. Brrrr-we had snow flurries yesterday and a real heavy frost this am. This after having the A/C on last week! Glad I remembered to put the furnace back on last night. Warming up nicely now--sun is shining. Anne, I thought you'd have warmer weather there.

Anael those are beautiful quilt blocks. Look like a spring flower garden. Praying all goes well with Isa's check-up and for all your family.

DD, I love your quilts. That is so neat how the 4PP works; glad you showed the original fabric in the lap quilt. I think I might have to try a 4PP; really like how it looks. What great gifts.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

For all who are cccccccccold .... I think we are having a heat wave ... it's crawled above zero (C) ... and the sun is shining ever so brightly!

**passes Honchey another cuppa**

Anael ... Oh yes, supersized could be lovely as a centre medallion or baby quilt or wall hanging or table topper or or or!!! So many possibilities!!! You sure got the colours so right on it. I'm sure you are all on edge again, as you wait to find out about Isa's eyes. The good thing is the Drs are being vigilant and not missing something til it's too late.

DDamsel and Anael ... I googled earlier this morning to get a look at the whole quilt. Take a look at the blog where someone has made it ... some great shots including the quilting which really "made" the quilt! Beautiful!!!

**passes JanRN a cup of hot chocolate to warm her up too!**

And now I am really outta here .......... you have permission to kick me in the tush and send me back to my borders if I show up, without them done!

Sunshine is out and its heating up here, 60 degrees as I unloaded groceries from town. We were all but out of toilet tissue, Kleenex, etc, so it was today or do without until Tuesday afternoon. Funeral is Tuesday morning, meal for family at the Catholic Church in her hometown....it will be a big turn out, I think.

Go, QuiltE, go on...I have not sewn on a border yet on the PC quilt, although they are cut out. Fooling around with the Triangle Square, yes it is scrappy, and I love it. With strips of 6 1/2 inches by 21, it makes 24 small triangles on one piece of light and dark fabric. Excellent choice to pick up and drop when Dh calls wanting this or that done by me, when he could do it...but wants me too.

Anael lovely blocks, very colorful and looks like a loving MOM.

Lovely yellow quilt; dressed in yellow, she caught her fellow. Dressed in blue, she will always be true; dressed in green, she will always be clean. Dressed in white she will always be right. Old sayings came to mind.

Lots of pretty stuff posted this weekend. Praying for QNS and Isa. Also praying for warmer weather for us all!

I didn't end up getting any sewing done Friday or Saturday. Friday I got errands done in town and then met my mom for lunch. Then when DH got home we watched a movie. Saturday I ended up going to Dubuque (abt an hr away) with a friend for most of the day. She had a card class to teach that I helped with and then we got lunch and went to Hobby Lobby. I was able to sell lots of my card making/scrapbook stuff so that was exciting. With the money from that and my birthday money I am more than half way to having money for a new sewing table for my new big machine.

I have 3 different tables I am looking at...

the Janome table made for my machine http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cabinet-Tabl...item45fe0f80ed

the "Sew Perfect Table" http://www.sewperfecttables.com/sewing-table-6500.shtml

a computer table with a drop shelf...I can get the drop shelf on the right so I have more room on the left for my quilt. It is the deepest of the three tables and has three length options. http://epicofficefurniture.com/produ...ducts_id=37899

Right now I am using a folding computer table with a drop shelf that we got for my DD's sewing machine last summer from a garage sale. My new machine is too heavy to use it long term (it is already starting to bow if I keep the machine on it all the time), so that is why I am looking for something sturdier. I am reposting the picture of my machine so you can see how it fits on the shelf.

I like the size, sturdiness, and price of the computer table best, but need to ask those of you who free motion quilt...am I going to want more "table" on the front of my machine (the part closest to me)? This thread shows the table with a machine on it w/extension table too...pg 2 has a pic w/out the runner. I have practices (very little) with FMQ, so not sure what I will want/need.

I am reposting the picture of my machine so you can see how it fits on the shelf. I haven't actually measured to see if the shelf on the two computer tables is the same, but I am guessing they're pretty close.

What a fun way to get started today.....seeing all the beautiful quilts and blocks you all have done.

I finished piecing my top border for my PC quilt last night, so will be sewing it on today. Then I've decided to piece the back also, still have more pony fabric to use up. Gosh, do you think I will ever be done with this thing????? And then I have to start over with the other half of my PC quilt - the blocks I did that are not pony related.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oops forgot link to computer table as sewing table: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...d-t161455.html

Congrats Jeanie on getting those for getting those borders pieced!

I really like the Sew Perfect model table. I have handled and been around the "computer" tables in schools...was not impressed with them. (As if I can judge, after all, HaHaHa, I currently sew on an old typewriter stand!!!) It is the right height, very small and not real sturdy. Looking at a possible new one and those were excellent suggestions, Carrie.

I think I am looking close at Baby lock, Sapphire, and Bernina for a machine that will quilt as I go. Liked the cabinets in Connecting Thread, the Aussie or the Joey but they are pricey.

Carrie, my ex BF made a table raiser (right word?) out of foam insulation, glued together and covered with vinyl) to cover my dining table. There's a hole where my Bernina fits in so it's even with the raiser. It measures 50 x 62" so quite large. I love it and I'm using it every time I do FMQ. I don't have much 'table' in front of me, I don't need that and I think it's not that easy doing FMQ when there's too much table in front of me.

Congrats Jeanie on finishing the first PC quilt!

QNS--depending on the size of your machine/what size table you want, I can highly recommend the Sew-Ezi tables seweziusa.com I have had one for a couple years and it is a great little table, especially for retreats. It will hold my Janome 6600, I just want a bigger table.

Anael--I would be interested in seeing a picture of your table/machine set up when you get a chance.

I just got up from a little nap, now heading to the clubhouse. DH put my new shelf up late yesterday afternoon and I got all my scrapbooking/card stuff up there. Then I started on my fabric...scraps are now sorted by color. Just need to figure out where I am putting a few things and set my machine up again.

Pony Club Flimsy

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!! Here is my Pony Club Flimsy! I think it looks great and so glad to have it done! Now onto the backing.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh Jeanie--I think your pieced border is a perfect choice for this quilt! Great job!!

Looks great, Jeanie...what size is it exactly? Love the border you put together, and made it work just right!!

By the way, DD, the small kid's wadding pool we bought last summer also served all winter for our ducks...its still serving well so far... For the eight new ducks, we have the inexpensive horse feed pans...rubber and in a light tin. Its small enough they are not going to drown in it. Dh dumps the water on the garden or fruit trees every other day...and fills it up again.

Blog Entries
    My mind is reeling from all the chatter!
    Anael's blocks are so pretty--thanks for sharing them.
    Seeing Carrie's 4-18 pictures of water--has water gone down and has it come back up. We had snow this morning and 53 degree temps and raining when I came home from town tonight. Go figure. Jan the rain is washing all my windows
    A wedding to get ready for--how exciting DD. (When our DD got married I was secretly glad she didn't ask me to make her dress. I made alot of her clothes while growing up; but not too excited about a wedding dress.) You must be sick of the weather as we are.
    Carrie FWIW Having quilted full size quilts on my DSM, I needed some support on the left side and back to carry the weight of the quilt.
    QE so you took the plunge. Enjoy playing. Got a squishie yesterday
    Jeanie, your flimsy looks fantastic! Love the horse scenes in the border. It brings a sense of order to the quilt. Even like the green grass in the background--first glance I thought it was part of the quilt!
    Been a busy weekend. DS#3 is getting his house here in town ready to list tomorrow. They flew home Thursday night and have been cleaning, painting etc. Was in Friday after the funeral dinner I worked at; some friends came over Friday through Sunday. Went in late afternoon and cleaned fridge. Will go back tomorrow morning to help with some odds and ends. He's ready to close this chapter of his life and move on.
    Mean while I have decided to move my sewing room out of the 12 x 7 1/2 foot room into the more spacious family room. Futon, kids TV, and toys will go into the sewing room. I can't believe how much more open this will be, but I have to quit buying fabric!! Am going to do some purging while sorting through things.
    Found a great green marble to put with the hexi flimsy at LQS. Want to make some more progress on the move. Night all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 129 of 542 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 128 129 130 139 179 229 ... LastLast