Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 119 of 542 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 118 119 120 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I can't belive I'm practically all done packing...except for the coolers..that's tomorrow after the dentist..for some reason meat is more $$$ down there so I have a Smoked Ham,Ground Round, Corned Beef, Italian Sausage and my favorite for breakfast..Pork Roll..All ready to go in the coolers....Frozen OJ to keep it all perfectly cool...that's not saying I'm a QNS in the kitchen...I plan a fair amount of going out to eat...

Where did the thunderstorm come from???...for the past 45 minutes someone upstairs is bowling in the clouds...
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-10-2013 at 05:32 PM.

yes, Carrie, i finished sewing the 12 blocks together , and now doing the borders on the pansy passions II. IF dh will allow me to quilt tomorrow, I may get the top finished. and start on my BBs. Gotta get the MB ready to mail also to give me the area to pin other blocks up there.

Sewing together the rows on PC, have four rows done....out of 10. It is raining here. We need every drop.

Honchey, its still raining here after 24 hours of it, its still a good thing here 'cause we were so dry. I just love to cook, too much, 'cause that weight scale is climbing upward and not downward. Baking brownies today, and double decking them with whipped frosting for that 'chocolate' desire will not help!! Protein that you packed is good....its the sweet things that put the pounds on. Frozen oj is good too.

Guess what??? I also bit the bullet and packed my BB blocks...maybe I'll find some inspiration on how I want to put them together...I still can't believe I'm as far along with the packing...I'm sure tomorrow I'll find a few more things to stuff in the car....It's a good thing we have a big trunk and back seat area...

Well Anne, Your really ready for that trip now!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Well, Everyone....You won't hear from me for a day or two..unless the hotel has WIFI....I'm shutting down...have to get up very early...later..Anne

Have a good trip!
    Bev

**shock**
    CarrieM
    worked today and did not bring any fabrics home.
    I had been wondering that she didn't have any pics too ... now we can blame her job!!

CarrieM ... glad the chiro helped. I know when I have a certain type of headache, I need to get to the chiro to sort it out.

JanRN ... I really don't know what to suggest. JeanieG is our resident "geek" and sorted out other techie problems before.

JeanieG ... hope you can come out of that water at the beach, and please help JanRN!
    Now ... here's a song, just for JeanieG ... I'm sure many of you will be ready to sing right along too!!!
    ♫♪♪ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICkWjdQuK7Q ♪♪♫

DublB ... remember just a week or so ago, you posted some pics that I couldn't see and then later I could. So maybe the same thing again?

Honchey ... Guess I missed saying good bye to your, so I hope you're getting a good night's sleep to be ready for your big trip tomorrow!! Good Luck at the dentist and say good bye to that man for a spell. Stuff that car ... but be sure to leave room to bring more fabric and things home!!! Good idea to take your BBs ... and don't forget the MB info for yourself and others.

QNSue ... looking forward to soon seeing those pansies bloom! I bought some IRL pansies today in a planter, along with some tulips in bud. Sure didn't leave them outside tonight or they'd be frozen in the morning. I put my rain gauge out last night and in the 24hrs had an inch of rain. I heard there were tornados in Missouri today ... hope all is OK with you.

Likewise for all others!!!

And now ... ♪♪♫ So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, good night! ♫♪♪
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-10-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

MiraB ... I just checked in on your PC @ the LAQ and see you are past the 2 km mark! Looking awesome!!!!!! You are going to be very very pleased ... I can tell!

JanRN ... now there's some inspiration to propel you forward with your S16!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Testing! Well this posted. Argue!!!
    Name:  Bird of Paradise.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  52.4 KB
    Bev

QuiltE thanks for letting me know about my quilt, I meant to check yesterday but the day just disappeared on me. Chatted to Shannon today and she said she grew up at Dawbell near Montreal (don't know if I spelt it correctly) then the family moved to Vancouver. She has been in Australia since 1959. She laughed when I said hello from her fellow Canuck.

Honchey safe travels

Posted my April MB today just a little early but didn't know if I would get to the Post Office early next week. SO somebody has to watch out for the mailman ?????? and I hope they like it.. Whoever that may be...

Now I have an hour of sewing time before I have to start cooking dinner.
    Karen

DD...good to hear from you! What a busy life you must have with your young family. So nice you can help your friend.
    Honchey....safe travels.
    QuiltE...no snow here but sever storms yesterday and forecast again for today. The tree leaves are budding out. Haven't gotten any packages yet but still thinking about the BB setting.
    GrannyQ...I did receive the printed block from you. Thank you so very much. Nice fabric that it's in too.
    Jan...I'm so glad you have the BB hanging where we can greet you each morning and put a smile on your face. It's also nice that you knew we would accept all of your S16 efforts will great applause no matter how it looked. We're do proud of your progress!! Still would like to see a pic if you can get that figured out.
    Mirabelle...I was startled to see a fabric line called Mirabelle at the LQS this week. Such nice designs although I could tell you didn't do them as a couple of them have loud colors. Here is a link with pictures. http://www.annagriffin.com/shop/quil...mirabelle.html
    The star quilt it coming together but I did find out that I misread the backing offer from the LQS...it's only 20% off but it's got me going and I'll still try to take advantage of it. Today might be the day if I don't change design plans again and Froggy show up.

I guess we are missin' mail!!! No MB! We also didn't git an important letter from the lawer about the settlement o' DMIL Estate, (It's a good thing DH called the lawyers office ta find out & got them ta e-mail it ta him.) I'm still missin' another squishie from my retreat friends.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    A quick good morning to you. Have the 2 yo old this morning and will have him and the 4 yo this afternoon. Need to make a pan of brownies for school fundraiser too.
    Darn Texas mail delivery.
    QNS--I've started Rutgers, Roma, Early Girl, Beefsteak, and Big Boy tomatoes. Have never grown Brandywine. Also have over 18 little asparagus seedings to put one of my new flowerbeds. I had a huge asparagus bed years ago, but house construction disrupted it and is was getting quite old (30 years) so finally hoping to get asparagus again.
    Carrie--glad chiro has helped. Makes life good again.
    Later
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I haven't had this kinda problem before. That lawyers letter was so important. It had the court date! I've lived in this house for 26 years. I'm so very frustrated! I've had a few things git lost but not this many! At first it was 3 then 6 & now back down ta 3 again.
    Bev

Dublb--that is very strange about missing multiple mail items. Have you gone to the post office or called to let them know?

Honchey--praying you got a good report at the dentist and had a safe drive today.

We've had rain the last 3 days and the temps are in the 40s. Chance of rain for the next several days but at least by Sunday they are saying 66* so that will be nice, even with rain. Need to run some errands after school and then to the clubhouse.

"-I've started Rutgers, Roma, Early Girl, Beefsteak, and Big Boy tomatoes. Have never grown Brandywine. Also have over 18 little asparagus seedings to put one of my new flowerbeds." I love the Roma tomato for juice, and beefsteak tomatoes for bacon and tomato sandwiches (my favorite thing)...Brandywine is a later heirloom tomato that BIL always grows for his Mormon Church donations. They are large tomato with big cores, but excellent flavor; I beg him for some every year now. Dh has never cared for asparagus, but I might start a bed anyway.

Dublb, I think if I draw your name, I am sending the packet to you by UPS. Your TEXAS PO system is really messed up big time. Thoughts of priority or registered mail might work but if the lawyers did that and it still did not come through, then its UPS's turn to do the job right. The main thing is the same as Pony Express Days..."The mail must go through!!" How frustrating that it fails in today's world.

Have fun with grandchildren, OKsewGlad.

Carrie, glad the Chrio helped you.

Safe journey, Honchey.

I waited and waited and no one else has come by to say 'hello' so, Dublb, I will show you how i did the 45 degree angle on my pp quilt;Name:  DSCN0099.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  93.0 KBworks for me...using the ruler on its 45 degree angle and mark where i want to sew on the wrong side of the fabric straight down from the fold.

Now I need to press the quilt:Name:  DSCN0101.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  108.1 KB Tis done!!!

Looks great QNS!!

Thanks, Carrie. it brightens up the day for sure!

QNS - I just love that Pansy fabric! Beautiful quilt!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QNS, that is a beautiful quilt. I love pansies and always think of my Aunt Kate when I see them. She used to plant them in bushel baskets all around her house. She's 98 years young and having a hissy fit because they took her car keys after she broke her hip last year. Says she's fine & needs her car to shop for her elderly neighbors!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

QNS....your pansies are so cheerful and elegant. What a beautiful quilt!
    Today I didn't change the sheets, do laundry or go shopping BUT....I FINISHED the Lone Star quilt! Tomorrow I will get the discounted backing even though I plan to use leftover fabric and piece the backing for this quilt. I can hardly believe it myself. Pics will follow after I get it quilted. I also got a very well wrapped squishie from Canada today. Only my boys could have used duck tape more affectively!! Big thanks to QuiltE.
    Dubib...in all seriousness, you should complain to the PO. There were several cases of mail carriers not delivering all of their mail which was later found in their home. They just didn't appreciate the good job that they had.
    OK...I bought some cabbage and cauliflower plants yesterday. I have tomato seed but haven't gotten any of them planted yet. It's been so cold, the gardening bug hasn't really bit me yet. Maybe next week.
    Jeanie..I just started therapy for my rotor cuff and what a difference it's making. I can actually pull up my blue jeans without grimacing.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on the pansy passion quilt.

janRN, would like to know your Aunt Kate who is 98 caring for the elderly around her...and some maybe younger than her in years!!

GGal, its good that you can put on your jeans without grimacing. Not a thought of gardening here...yet. Snow was in the air today. Last day of frost on record is April 15, average here...so different from Rockford, Ill., where it was May 15th...after Mother's Day.

Blog Entries
    QNS glad you've shown us that pretty pansy passion! It's so cold here the johnny jump ups are burrowing down into the ground!
    GGal so glad the therapy is working. Now when gardening time comes around don't over do it. I usually plant my broccoli next week and by Father's Day have big heads to eat. I'll be surprised if that happens this year. By putting the broccoli in early I avoid the green worms. Once the main head is harvested the side shoots supply throughout the summer--green worms don't mess with the side shoots much. When it's really warm and the side shoots bloom I cut them off and toss until the weather cools again and voila more side shoots appear as the days cool down. This after head harvest is often used to make cream of broccoli soup or sometimes a quick quart or two in the freezer. Yes I'm anxious to get digging in the dirt!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 119 of 542 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 118 119 120 129 169 219 ... LastLast