Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 118 of 542 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 117 118 119 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

QuiltE I hope you are feeling better, will ask Shannon for some more info if I see her tomorrow, I should be going to patchwork but it is raining at the moment and if it gets heavier I won't be going as I don't drive in heavy rain. Too many idiots on the road who don't drive to the conditions.

Carriem congrats on your "new" machine, you will have a lot of fun with it.

Managed to get the top finished today so next week I will start the quilting. I had to clear the design wall as the white background just kind of showed what was behind it and I couldn't give any secrets away now could I..

And another surprise package ready to wing its way to a new home, I wonder where...now to start on my May block
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Blog Entries
    A look before I call it quits for the day too
    Jan--wonderful that you have the perfect spot for the BB quilt. Can't wait to see pics.
    Love the fowl photos, QNS. DDIl had a close call with the heat lamp the other evening--too close to the wood shavings she uses as bedding. She smelled smoke while she was out doing calf chores and found the scorched sawdust. An angel watching above for sure.
    Anael another step up for the SewGrands. Won't be long and you will be holding those little SewGrands and not get anyi sewing done. BTW those feathers are wonderful. I'm envious of your talent.
    Jeanie--a little GGD to spoil Hope all has gone well.
    Carrie what a great surprise. Lucky you.
    Waiting for the bobbin shuttle to come into the shops so I can get back to sewing. Meanwhile the "slacker" has been handsewing on her mini hexi quilt--great for TV watching and choosing fabrics for the larger hexi quilt that will be my "travel quilt" this summer and fabrics/block for the MB. Transplanted some spring flower seedlings and started my tomatoes and peppers today as well as my nasturtiums and morning glories. Had a spring thunderstorm tonight with marble sized hail. Rain coming down again. Hail would have been hard on your lovely crocus flowers, Carrie. My scilla are just popping out of the ground and a few daffodil spikes showing. This rain should wash away the snow on the north side of building sites and in the ditches.
    Honchey--all packed and ready to go. A nice change of pace awaits you.
    Hope this posts as I've tried 3 times now as satellite connection is sporadic.

mirabelle--you're teasing again.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Jeanie, congrats on your first GGD! Hope everything is well!

Mirabelle, I saw the same quilt on facebook the other day. I've seen a tut on how to do those flowers somewhere but I can't remember where and when

Carrie, congrats on your new machine. While I was wrestling with my feathers I thought how nice it would be having more space but I really can't afford a new machine now

Thanks all for your compliments on my feathers. Using the BSR feels like cheating a bit but as it only regulates the stitchlength I still have to do everything else I won't have time to quilt today. This morning I have a meeting and tonight bingo with one of the mentally challenged cliŽnts

Today's the day Twins will be nearer to us!! So exciting
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

DublB ... look forward to seeing your triple mitre, wherever you post. I know I saw a video of a triple mitre not so long ago, though forget where, and this will be a good refresher..

Honchey ... That triple mitre looked like a good way to go when wanting a nice edge on a bunch of borders. Definitely, you'd better not forgot your MB notes for you ... and all! Looks like you'll be a wanted lady when you get back, with all your gallery commitments and can now do some planning as to what your projects will be.

MiraB ... look forward to hearing more about your friend Shannon's roots! Your posies are looking so fresh and pretty and will be a popular raffle item, I'm sure.

OKSGlad ... Count your blessings for that near miss. Problems with a machine?? I thought you had two? And getting busy now with your seedlings ... and soon the fields!s

Anael ... so exciting for you, and the babies coming closer to home. Soon you'll have lots of snuggle time with them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

It's not going to happen today. My DS called the hospital in Enschede this morning and there's no place for the twins yet. So I don't know what's going to happen now. I guess Isa will be transported back to Zwolle today.

Isa will have to stay in Groningen. They are too busy to transport her back. There has to be a doctor with her in the ambulance and there's no one available today. If she goes back to Zwolle she will be admitted to another ward as the NICU is full now. But at least they will be in the same hospital again!

GOODMORNNG!!!! WOW a girl takes a few days off and away yall go! it is just DAZZLING to see what you ladies are up to

I have been doing ALOT of work outside, up until a couple of days ago! the wind blew for two days, gusting all night long... and yesterday we woke up to SNOW!!! more snow.... grrrrrr several inches.... SIGH!

I FOUND my FF AND my Serger manual :P :P :P its amazing how much housework I can get done when not sewing! I havent been able to sew much... my hands are numb every morning... so I have been crocheting. A good friend of mine has stage 4 colon cancer and I am helping her get several of her projects finished that are promised to her grandkids .

GOOD to see all of you doing well!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Waking up to lots of Chatter here is a wonderful start to the day.

Great 'new' sewing machine, Carrie. Have lots of fun with it. Anael, its one day at a time...news is good that they will be able to be moved closer to you. jeanie, you are blessed with not only gc, but ggc...wow. need pictures to see the new born and generation picture of all of you. OksewGlad, heritage seeds that you start every year? what kind, Big Boys or Brandywine tomatoes? DD, you can keep the snow, I just want to see rain now. We got rain last night and the grass is greener this morning...its a raining day perfect to sew in the quilt room. Sorry to hear about your friend, DD, with stage four colon cancer. That is what killed my Dad when he was 43 and Mom when she was 63. Honchey, have a good trip, and watch those other drivers who cannot drive safe. Mirabelle, you do like to tease.

Hope to finish assembling the last four pansy blocks of the 12 blocks needed and put the pansy passion blocks together today...maybe the borders, too. Meet and greet everyone in the virtual RV today for a cup of tea...hot tea.

"Did ya say hot tea??" She says as she comes runnin' up w/a cup in her hand. I'm as bad about my tea as most people are about coffee.
    I'll see about gittin' my picts on the computer & resized in a bit. Right now Turtle is in my lap. He says that I spent way too much time sewin' last night & now he has ta make up all that "lap" time. LOL I wish my camera was over here & not in the other room.
    For 2 days we had highs at 91* F, & this mornin' it froze. It's at 35* F now. Brrr what a change! I really do need some hot tea!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Here is my PC BB flimsy. I'm gonna hand quilt it. I'll post the picts o' how I mitered it. In a li'le bit. (There's a bunch o' 'em.)
    Name:  PC block swap w:borders#1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  47.6 KB
    Name:  PC block swap w:borders #2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  56.6 KB
    Here's my mitered triple border.
    Name:  Triple border tute #21.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  51.0 KB
    The bluegreen one was on before I started. I wasn't gonna miter 'em at first but decided that I really wanted that look.
    Bev

Great job, Dublb.

i did enjoy our cup of tea; did you notice yours said 'Dairy Queen, Texas Stop Sign" on it?? We have quite a collection of coffee cups...

LOL I also collect mugs. I really love the idea o' havin a DQ stop sign mug. I bet it's a wonderful addition ta your collection! I'll git one some day.
    For the rest o' ya'll: one o' DQ's advertising in Tx is that the DQ sign is is a TX stop sign. LOL
    Bev

OK here goes my tute.
    First make sure that your borders extend quite a bit past each other at the corners.
    Name:  Triple border tute #1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  49.8 KB
    Sew each one ta the 1/4" mark on each side.
    Name:  Triple border tute #2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  48.9 KB
    Lay one side out straight & fold the other one at a 45* angle.
    Name:  Triple border tute #3.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  58.8 KB
    Make sure that both sides line up where the right sides come tagether.
    Name:  Triple border tute #4.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  44.7 KB
    Name:  Triple border tute #5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  61.8 KB
    Make sure that everything lines up,
    Name:  Triple border tute #6.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  45.6 KB
    & press.

Name:  Triple border tute #.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  36.8 KB
    (More ta come.)
    How do I git rid o'these other picts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bev

Run a tiny line o' glue along the underside o' the pressed piece.
    Attachment 407141
    Attachment 407142
    Fold it back over & carefully line it back up,
    Attachment 407143
    Attachment 407144
    Attachment 407146
    & press ta set the glue. (My nick name from my retreat friends is Ms. Stickit 'cause I use glue for everythin'.)
    Attachment 407147

Still more ta come.
    Bev

Fold it open & run a chalk line along the pressed line.
    Attachment 407148
    Sew from the outside ta the inside so as ta see where ta stop. (I've done it the other way & don't like the results.) Be sure ta pull the threads behind the needle as ya start & do some back stitchin' here for security.)
    Attachment 407149
    Here ya can see where I stopped & back stitched.
    Attachment 407150
    Attachment 407151

Just a few more.
    Bev

Hmm I only have a few more & the board is is complainin' that I've posted too many. Maybe this post w/no picts will help.
    So here I go again.
    Bev

Hmmm it wont let me do it.
    The last step is ta trim the 1/4" seam allowance & then press.
    Bev

Good job, Dublb. The process is *hard* to explain, the board allows about 8 pictures before they complain. Guess how I know that one.

As a math teacher, dh, collected a lot of coffee mugs every Christmas, so the last three years of his career, we 'collected' them, along with the few I was given and from our travels into various states. As we were leaving TEXAS the last time, I realized that we had failed to pick up a TEXAS mug, so in Oklahoma, I spotted the mug we have at a Dairy Queen. There are mugs from Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Iowa, and Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, South Padre Island, AQS in Des Moines. And two nickel coffee cups from What-a-burger. How I miss What-a-burger.

It said 10 picts per post but I did different posts. Is it showin attachments instead o' picts??? That's what I have.
    Bev

Yes Bev, only your first post has pics, the other have attachments. From what you're describing I can figure out how you did it. Thanks a lot for explaining!

Anael ... OH dear ... for sure you want the two to be in the same hospital. And hopefully they will have some compassion to make it a priority to get them into the same area.

DDamsel ... so it's YOU that's sending us this wicked weather tonight!!!!! hrmpfffff!!!!! So did your FFC fabric and your serger manual have a good holiday? So sorry about your friend ... what a wonderful friend you are to help her get those projects finished up. Take care!

QNSue ... have heard of Big Boy Tomatoes before, but never Brandy Wine ... almost sounds as forbidden fruit! It's fun to have all the different mugs for the memories!

DublB ... WOW!! What a fluctuation in temperatures for you! Have another cuppa!! Great job on you mitres.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Bev, I can't get one pic to post!! I've talked to Admin & PatriceJ. They suggested resizing; the file is only 0.99mb. I'm going to try again.
    Well, obviously it didn't work. It will not upload; when I click on the "upload" it turns blue and nothing happens. Oh well, it's still great to see everyone else's pics and read the chatter. I think I'll join you for that cup of tea but I want something STRONG in mine LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, try putting your cursor on the picture and right click for properties and check the size. I think it was you or jeanieG that taught me to resize my photos with picasa (free program) and export the picture back to desktop...for access to publish on QB. Good luck.

Can ya'll click on the attachments & git picts? I can but wondered if it was only me.
    I spent all mornin' resizin' picts. I don't think that is it for me.
    I did do other posts so that it wouldn't do this. Humph.
    Bev

DD--nice to have you check in. Good thing you got some snow so you had to take a break and visit us. Yay for you finding your FF and manual. Sorry to hear about your friend. You are so nice to help her out...I took the potholders you sent with me to my retreat and one of the ladies wanted to take them home with her...I said "No way! I like those!!"

QNS--were you able to get your pansy blocks done today? Looking forward to a picture.

Dublb--I really like your BB quilt, the mitered borders are great. When I click on the "attachment" I get an error message, no picture. Maybe we will be able to see them tomorrow? Or maybe you will have to post it as a tutorial?? Not sure where you do that.

Jan--keep trying we want to see. If you want to try emailing it to me I would be happy to try to post it...

I went to the chiro this morning before work and my neck was really out...that should take care of the headaches again for a while. Today at the LQS was pretty busy even with it raining on and off. I was good and didn't bring anything new home. Tomorrow I hope to get the quilting finished on my BB quilt and maybe get the borders on too.

Page 118 of 542 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 117 118 119 128 168 218 ... LastLast