Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 116 of 542 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 115 116 117 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Bev I hope your MB gets there safely, I have just spent an hour reading all the chats and I should be cleaning.

Two of my patchwork ladies are coming tomorrow to start working on our raffle quilt, I have spent the past 2 days making a start on it so we can start sewing tomorrow. Will post a pic of our progress. Oh and it has to be finished by the middle of July and guess who has been nominated for the quilting ???? DH is going to cook us lunch so we can keep working ...

QuiltE, I hope you are not stressing out over the S16, what will be will be...

GGal you quilts are beautiful, I have been feeling in a slump lately so cleaning up and putting things away in my sewing room might motivate me to get a few ufo's finished.

Honchey your post made me laugh

JeanieG I hope you hand is healing, sounds like the physical therapy is working.

If I have missed anyone my apologies, the floors await and I want to finish a MB today, no its not May's or Aprils maybe November ok you have to visualise a smiley face cause its not working now a sad face

Have a great day everyone
    Karen

I hope! I hope!! I hope that Miss April likes her block that I finished tonight!!!
    You'd never believe how long it took me to choose fabrics ... and how many I pulled out and switched back and forth on, before I made my decisions and got quilting.

Honchey
    ... one reason to keep working!!! So I think you were sold on the Pfaff 4.0 because of the dual feed? but not so impressed on many of the other features? I think I am like you, if Janome had the S16, I'd be jumping pretty fast because I have such a good dealer. You're such a tease and having too much fun with your "mystery" ... just remember, it'll come back to you!

QNSue ... you just sent me on a "guilt trip"! When I moved ten years ago, I sold the sewing machine I learned on ... my Mom's old black Singer in a cabinet. No clue now as to what model. Now that I know more, I wish I had it ... though I am good at accepting that I made my decision and now I just live with it. Besides, I do really like the machine I have and know it does so much more than the old ones did! Great progress on your pansies ... forget? is this for you? or whom?

**making note** no pink for QNSue!

Anael
    ... oh dear! you must be terribly cramped. Are you using the gloves to help you get the grip? I use finger cots.

JeanieG ... now maybe if you'd put a pillow or some batting scraps into that pillow case, kitty would be even more enticed to that spot!

GGal ... beautiful quilts! The white in your Monet is so effective along with all the spring like colours. Low contrasts can still be lovely ... not everything has to be glaring contrasts! I like what you have made. And oh how special that wall hanging is with the SAS colours swapped to create the ♥. Neat! I bet you are working like a little trooper to get your quilt finished for the free backing! Huge Incentive!

DublB ... Good Luck with tomorrow's mail!!!

CarrieM ... Happy Easter!! My apologies to your Rottie! You know what? when I typed Dobe, I thought, no that's not it, and then convinced myself it was! So with archery wound up ... now what for your kids? Great progress on your 4PP project.

OKSGlad ... You bring back memories of Jersey gatherings for us. There never was the same camaraderie with our Holstein friends, and we were so surprised when we added the Jerseys as to the "family" feel of it all. You'll be emailing all the acronyms to your G friends. Any others going with you this summer? I think you've hit the nail on the head for the difference between the S16/Tiara and conventional DSMs. One nice thing is that you have a speed adjustment for consistency and you are not controlling it with the pedal. At least, I think that's a good thing? And even more memories with your spring translation! A year ago today seeds were going in the ground here. This year ... snow off most of the fields, but a long way from starting on the land. My lawn still has snow! And yes ITA we need the rain to warm up the soil.

JanRN ... jump in please and add to my comments to OKSGlad!

MiraB
    ... Good thing MrMiraB is on holidays, so he can be the man-servant for the quilters! Let me guess ... he went fishing today, to include on the menu! Oh I'm not stressing over the S16. I decided to just kind of let it sit for a few days and I'll have a clearer mindset as to what is right ... at least I think I will! For sure, I will go to the dealer and try the S16 and an 11" DSM back to back, for a comparison of the feel of it all. You're really whipping along with your MBs! Next thing will be that you have them all done.

JanieW ... gee thanks a lot ... weatherman tonight said snow predicted for Thursday!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

It just amazes me everytime ya'll say snow! I would love a good snow! Hey, moisture is moisture. LOL Snow wouldn't make it ta the lakes but would at least make the ground wet. It was 82*F taday & is 73*F now.
    I just finished_______'s April MB & am happy about it. I hope it is _______ enough.
    I have been so excited about what DH & I are doin' in Brady. We are buyin 2 lots next ta our house there.
    Name:  Brady March 2013 #27.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  62.1 KB
    Name:  Brady March 2013 #28.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.2 KB
    These lots will ensure that nobody buys 'em & builds a house or makes our driveway so small we can't git in.
    I plan on plantin' wildflowers there & some fruit trees. (Yes that's our house in the background.)
    Here is a pict o' my oldest kids playin in those lots. She is 30 & he is 28 now. I think it was taken in about 1987.
    Name:  Micah and Steph in Bluebonnets.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  173.7 KB
    I wasn't gonna say anything about it till we had it bought but I can't contain myself!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

That is a great photo of your children dublb, for being so old. Wow the lupin are beautiful! Congrats on getting the lots!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Congrats on your purchase.

The house is all clean, the sewing room is spic and span and this is what I have accomplished in the past few days. All the fabric except the white is batiks and the white is Kona Cotton. This is going to be our raffle quilt. What do you all think ???

The photo may be a bit off but I had secret blocks on the design wall and I couldn't let you see them now could I
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

GG, your tribute to Monet quilt is stunning! I've never seen that fabric before, I love it!

Bev, I would love to live there too. Looks so quiet. Congrats on buying the lots!

Mirabelle, I love your flowerquilt! I hate applique but I love seeing it!

I have a break from FMQ. I don't know where to go next so I had a coffee and a quick read on the board. This afternoon I'm having company and tonight a meeting. Later this morning I have to run errands as I didn't do that this weekend. As a result I don't have any breakfast
    Now back to the machine and find out where to go
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

QuiltE, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I'm using gloves, they're gardening gloves but work like a charm for me and much less expensive! I need to get new ones, this pair is almost falling apart

So much chatter; its wonderful!! More to read before I start off the week on this Monday. Apologize to GG, first, 'cause my head hurt so bad yesterday I thought Dublb had done the quilts posted; wrong, GG had. Beautiful work.

More beautiful 'eye' candy posted. Love the quilt, Mirabelle. Dublb, love the blue bonnet picture and your 'young' kids...memories are great. So glad for you to get ahold of more lots to insure privacy in your get-a-away-place.

Oksewglad, sounds like you had a lot of fun. Farmers are starting to work the fields here; dh was rejoicing at every field we saw being worked. Small box coming your way posted today.

Off to the showers and to get ready for doctor's appointment. Have a good day.

DublB ... "Field of Memories" in that photo. You need to get that photo enlarged and framed. How exciting about your purchase, and maybe someday down the road, an extra home for your kids?

MiraB ... what a beautiful quilt in the works. Looks like you have done most of the work for your Ladies who are gathering today. So I'm thinking the plan is to let them help get all the applique installed? Raw edge? or?

Anael ... my goodness! You have become possessed with that BSR! And a busy day ahead for you. On the gloves issue, I got a couple pair of the medical gloves when at the dentist to give it a try. Better do some of that tonight as I am sure they will want to know. I'm thinking if I like them I might buy a box from them sometime. I tried the machingers last week, and found them not so cumbersome to work with, though did find them very warm. Gardening gloves I found to be too bulky for my liking.

QNSue ... good luck at the Doc!

As for Me? ... back to the salt mines today!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    What a lovely photo of the Texas Bluebonnets and your little ones, dublb. Would be wonderful to get those lots a sea of blue again. When do they bloom and how long do the flowers last?
    mirabelle you are teasing us with that gorgeous quilt--hmm how many MB's does she have behind there? Is every block going to have a flower? Your ability to put quilts together is enviable.
    QNS hope the mail is quicker to my place than from!
    Quilt Guild tonight and the QB's are furnishing lunch--so book work this morning and food prep this afternoon. Have a great day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

These are my gloves. Not that bulky. I don't have machingers, I stick to my gardengloves Name:  gloves (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 64
Size:  68.6 KB

QNS, good luck at the doc! Hope you're ok.

Isa has been transported to the UMC in Groningen because of her eyes. I'm waiting for my DS or DDIL to call with news.

Dublb, The photo of your children in that field of flowers is like a Hallmark card cover...so special..

QNS. good luck at the Dr's today.

Mirabelle, are you putting flowers on every rectangle?

GGal, You & Carriem have completed so many quilts....The "Monet" is a work of art

and..Yes, I am having fun "teasing " all of you!!!

Dublb--the lots look nice, especially with the flowers from when your kids were young. Hoping everything falls into place!

Mirabelle--your quilt is very pretty. I have seen that pattern before but all the applique scared me away...at least right now in my quilting I am not ready to learn that.

QE--the kids will practice archery at home through the summer (at least until it gets too hot) and there is an outdoor place a few miles away with "3-d" shooting available (deer, turkey, boar, even a dinosaur). We usually go over there at least once a week...it is a good workout as the trails are wound through the woods, up and down hill, to keep one target safe from someone shooting at a different target.

DS will be fishing and/or spending much of his time running around in the woods. He always has some "project" he's working on. The girls will spend time outside too...mostly they like swimming in the river, but sometimes help their brother with a fort he's building.

For gloves I like the "machingers"...I don't do much FMQ, but they are even helpful when SITD. A friend who does only FMQ uses them all the time...she's who recommended them to me.

Here's what I've done. Just the outer border and I'm done.
    Name:  FMQpractice (432 x 576).jpg
Views: 65
Size:  79.1 KBName:  FMQBorder (432 x 576).jpg
Views: 70
Size:  64.5 KB
    Name:  FMQCorner (432 x 576).jpg
Views: 67
Size:  74.2 KB
    This is a corner. That was the part I didn't know where to go

I too use garden gloves. I learned last Sept (at a retreat) ta cut the finger tips off & now I have so much more controle. Not as cumbersome & I don't have ta take 'em off ta do stuff, like thread my needles.
    Bev

Anael Prayers are agoin' out for Isa. I know ya will keep us updated. Huggs.
    All yes those are Tx bluebonnets. They bloom from March ta May. We don't seem ta have as many at the club anymore. I found out, at the bylaws meetin', that some eager beaver has decided ta mow the lots before the plants seed out. Ya have ta have a bit o' the scruffy look for about 3-4 weeks, in May or June, ta ensure next years show. O' course we are in a drought so that changes tha outcome also. I can't change the rain but I can sow the seeds. I also want ta have a fall showin' o' wildflowers. Lookin' in ta that as soon as I know we have the lots. They are doin' a title search, then ta git all the paperwork done, then it's ours. At least we don't have ta wait on a bank as it is a cash deal.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Anael Prayers are agoin' out for Isa. I know ya will keep us updated. Huggs.
    All yes those are Tx bluebonnets. They bloom from March ta May. We don't seem ta have as many at the club anymore. I found out, at the bylaws meetin', that some eager beaver has decided ta mow the lots before the plants seed out. Ya have ta have a bit o' the scruffy look for about 3-4 weeks, in May or June, ta ensure next years show. O' course we are in a drought so that changes tha outcome also. I can't change the rain but I can sow the seeds. I also want ta have a fall showin' o' wildflowers. Lookin' in ta that as soon as I know we have the lots. They are doin' a title search, then ta git all the paperwork done, then it's ours. At least we don't have ta wait on a bank as it is a cash deal.
    I fondly think of Lady Bird Johnson and her beautify American campaign when I see Texas bluebonnets
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

There are so much gorgeous pics on here since I last took a peek. The quilts are beautiful. What a talented bunch.

Dublb those bluebonnets are breath taking. I love blue flowers. I hope you can get that property and bring it back to looking like that.

QuiltE Sorry you have snow in the forecast, but don't blame me! We are supposed to get more, so we are keeping it here. Yours must be coming from someplace else. It's -15 here this morning. Brrrr.

Aneal, Sending good thoughts about Isa' eyes.

Look what I did yesterday!

Name:  pony club 001.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  326.4 KB

Thanks for your kind remarks about my quilts. I only quilted the SAS. The other two went out.
    Dubib....TEXAS bluebonnet fields are a sight to behold! Then to have your young ones in the middle of it...thanks for posting. Good luck on the purchase.
    Anael...looks like you got the corners figured out. Good job. Also praying for Isa special for her eyes.
    Mirabelle...what a lovely raffle quilt! The appliqué is so delicate. Also asking is it needle turned or fused? Nice that you have some help with it. Also, just wait. A quilt will come across your path that will just be a "have to make". We all needs times to regroup.
    OK...have fun at your guild meeting. Also enjoyed your comments about your livestock meeting. Sounds like there is almost anoth bunch of QBuddies!
    Carrie..I just remembered that Astible are good plants in shade. Light ones at the back of the bed, draw the eyes farther into the shade too, especially in the evening. I have one quilt yet to bind..get the binding this afternoon. I've started putting the star together. I just figured out that I do have enough fabric already for the backing if I piece it which I think I will do BUT I think I will still take it to the shop later this week and get a wide piece of backing that I can use for another yet to be determined quilt. Since I buy almost exclusively from them, I don't have a problem doing that.
    Janie...we were posting at the same time. Your quilt is beautiful. I love it!

Anael--praying for Isa's eye appt

Janie--your PC quilt looks great! Good job on getting those rows together. How many blocks did you end up making?

I walked outside and saw this bit of spring peaking up from the yard. The sun is pretty bright right now and I don't know how to change to the "daylight" or "outdoor" setting (DD's camera), so sorry the white flowers are glaring. We just have a few random flowers that come up each spring for a few days around the yard.

How purdy! I have some daffodils that come up in the yard every year. I've lost about 2/3's o' 'em due ta the drought & only 2 bloomed this year.
    Bev

Love the quilt and love the flowers....thinking of you Anael and hope all goes well for Isa.

Even my PO knew of texas trouble at their POs...not sure thought what was wrong in texas. Will have early day surgery on the 18th; all routine. Nothing to worry about.

Gotta run on to the next thing to do today. talk later.

GrannyQ--thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was working on my BB quilt today and had just gotten the first 4 rows together and figured I'd just set it aside...then my DD goes and gets the mail and low and behold your "label block" is in there! So I now have all my rows together. You can see what I have so far here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post5987331

I also got the borders on the 4-patch pansies table topper done.

JanieW I love your quilt top well done.

Carriem a beautiful table topper, gorgeous fabric.

Anael wonderful feathers

QNS hope everything goes well for you at the Doc's

And yes there will be flowers on every block, and they are fused and will be blanket stitched applique. Will keep you up to date as to progress. Now I have to get my butt into gear as they will be here in an hour aaarrrgghhhh!!!
    Karen

Well. well, well...They are at it again!!!! One quilt top finished and another almost done!!! it's alsmost like a competition ...Well done Carriem & Mirabelle !!

Anael..what wonderful feathers..the quilt is great too!!!

Page 116 of 542 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 115 116 117 126 166 216 ... LastLast