Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 115 of 542 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 114 115 116 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Oh QuiltE...Don't think I haven't thought about it...I love to travel by car...and stop wherever I please..I've been to Niagra Falls & the Canadian side...I've also been to Mount Tremblant?? Everyone else in the group DH & I were with skied while I became a lounge lizard....and I hand pieced my first star block throw pillow cover...

Has anyone here tried FMQ with the machine turned so that you're facing the narrowest side of the machine? turn the machine sideways just the way the LA"s are...I was told it's alot like using a LA...the throat is ahead of you and your hands & quilt are free on both sides of the machine...and the quilt is supported on both sides... just like JanRN's S16 ...I think I might try it when I get to NC..I saw it here on the board somewhere...

Oh How happy I am for both of you..Bev& OK...I know how you feel...I was on pins & needles waiting for Mirabelle to get her block..... I

the beef broth/barley stew sounds so good...I think I'll join you & anyone else that wants to come in the RV for a cup of it...
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-06-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Oh QuiltE...Don't think I haven't thought about it...I love to travel by car...and stop wherever I please..I've been to Niagra Falls & the Canadian side...I've also been to Mount Tremblant?? Everyone else in the group DH & I were with skied while I became a lounge lizard....and I hand pieced my first star block throw pillow cover...

Has anyone here tried FMQ with the machine turned so that you're facing the narrowest side of the machine? turn the machine sideways just the way the LA"s are...I was told it's alot like using a LA...the throat is ahead of you and your hands & quilt are free on both sides of the machine...and the quilt is supported on both sides... just like JanRN's S16 ...I think I might try it..I saw it here on the board somewhere...
    I've thought about it seriously, just haven't jumped in yet. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb--bummer no block yet, but nice you got a sneak peek.

OK--great MB and mini.

Bev, lovely block, whenever you get it!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Free motion?
    Name:  free motion (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  70.0 KB

Anael, quilt inspector is hard at work!! Do not disturb!!

OK & Dublb, lovey scrappy block; a happy block to 'cause happy dance when it reaches TEXAS. TEXAS is a whole another country, folks, so who ever has Dublb next time, mail the block on the 15th of the month!

Honchey, you need to take the whole summer visiting each of us, unless you can get everyone in one place...besides the virtual RV. That fresh canned beef smells good, OKsewGlad.

Everyone say a quick prayer for bf today; she is in Mercy Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa, for tests. She has too any quilts on going right now, St. Peter, so let the Doctors be puzzled and sent her back home quickly!!

Little guys are doing fine: all chicks and ducks.

Anael, what model Pfaff is that in the photo??? I have the Expressions 4.0 .

On second thought ..is that a pfaff??? the handle looks like it might be a Bernina...
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-07-2013 at 06:32 AM.

It's a Bernina 440 QE.

Goooooood Morning All!

Honchey
    ... So come on back and check out our Land once again!!! Since I tried the S16, I've been thinking of that too. Just not the easiest set up to create temporarily, as turning most of our sewing tables sideways, would give too long a distance from the table edge to the needle.

As a further comment on the S16 that I forgot to share ... when I tried the Tiara, I pushed it in all different swirls and curls, fabric speed movement etc ... front/back looked pretty even. Then I tried the Baby Lock Crescendo DSM ... did much the same and all sorts of eyelashing and tension issues. Yes, it could be set wrong and need adjusting, though if it's being used to demo, they should have it set pretty bang on, would you not think?

Anael ... that's not Free Motion ... that's NO MOTION!

QNSue ... Prayers for your friend and wishing her well. Time to start taking pics of your "Lil Ones!"

Looking as though a lot of you ladies have the Pfaff 4.0 ... what's so special about it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I may get to those pesky PC blocks today. I sure won't be going outside. Our snow was almost all gone, my daffodils had buds, the other bulbs had poked through and we woke up to this. The 7 day forecast has more snow each day .

QuiltE,
    I have some Stormy Night in the tea cupboard so I will for sure have a SN latte this afternoon. It sadly seems appropriate. i am going to put on a pair of shorts and my flip flops and go sewing.

Name:  snow 001.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  327.9 KB

Oh Janie--sorry you had to get more snow! At least it gives you a reason to stay inside where it's warm and sew, sew, sew!!

Anael--your kitty looks pretty comfy there on your quilt. My dog likes to lay at my feet when I quilt...good thing I use the start/stop button or she would always be pushing the pedal! When I am chain piecing she sometimes ends up with the "chain" under, over and around her...not sure how she does that!!

Oh noooooooo Janie! I'm glad I didn't wake up to that. I've been outside this afternoon, the sun is shining and temperatures are up at last! I even sat in the back garden for a while, having a break from FMQ. I chased my quilt inspector away, she's asleep in her own chair now

JanieW ... Definitely a hot chocolate day for you. As for the shorts and flip flops ... you're nuts!!! Do you have your own latte maker? Bliss!! I don't and only go with hot milk and it melts out that chocolate oh so nice! The David's Call Centre lady gave me that tip when I asked her what of their teas was the closest to Hot Chocolate ... and wow, it is!

No snow here today ... though we are supposed to have rain all week and above zero. I guess it only remains to be seen whether you send us the cold and snow ... or the weatherman is correct and we get it milder and rain!

CarrieM ... you'll have to get us a pic of your Dobe, all wound up in your chain sometime. Of course, you know what will happen ... you will have your camera ready and it won't happen!

And now Ladies
    ... I am off to make __________'s April MB!
    First stop ... shop my stash!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-07-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Temp is to hit the 70 mark here today.

BF is short of magnesium in her body is one thing the tests have shown so far. At least, they have good health insurance to pay all the medical bills. They add up quickly in the USA.

I bought mine for my Birthday 3 yrs ago...Has the same throat space as the Viking Sapphires 10.75" to the right of the needle and it has the dual feed feature (don't need walking foot) that alot of the newer machines have except the Vikings which is why I got it...I'm not crazy about their decorative stitches (Vikings are superior) and the lighting on the needle area s---s... They do use the same bobbins as the Vikings...SVP is the corporate company...owns Singer..Viking..Pfaff...some of the machines now have similiarities...They borrow from each other....I'm hoping Viking comes out with something like the S 16...I would get it in a New York minute..only I would after about a year...time to get the kinks out of the mechanics/cp technology...

Interesting note that Sapphires are made by Viking...almost considered them, but guess I will stay with Bernina. Brought my dh a $1900.00 Viking Quilting Lily 545, and he groans and moans about it and how it works all the time; I threaten to sell it and get a new machine for myself. And I am going to dig Grandma's Singer out of my closet, and get it to going....I learned how to sew with it, petaling myself into each stitch...may have to buy a new cord/cable that stretches from the big wheel up to the small one by the head. Never heard of leaders and enders back then, so we carefully caught the two threads behind and gently pulled easing it onto the fabric to sew a bit.

Brings back a ton of memories.

Thanks for the update, GG on where each Mystery block can be found. I am not a lover of 'pink' though I am often 'tickled' pink with the BB and the mystery blocks. That means they all please me greatly.

Sorry, Janie, about all the snow, but that means water tables in the ground will be greater and make more flowers and garden this spring and summer. Wunder weathermen here are still predicting snow and then argue about it among themselves....others say 'rain, not snow'.

Four more pansy passion blocks almost all done...

I just thought of Jeanie My fingers won't work anymore I've been FMQ all day (with breakes of course) and now I have done enough for today. I'm stiff and sore! I'm going to watch an episode of Silent Witness with my quilt inspector. She sitting next to me trying to prevent me from typing

LOL - Anael, my kitty does the same thing. Curls up on the quilt when I am trying to quilt something. Something about all that cushy fabric just calls to them. He also loves my chair in the sewing room. It has a fabric seat, so he prefers that to the one by the computer which is leather. I've got to putting a flannel pillow case on top of the leather seat, then he will sometimes chose that one!

What fun our furry animals are!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ok guys. I finally got the pictures taken of the quilts I finished a week ago that I want to share with you. The first one is the one made for my friend using the Tribute to Monet fabric. It was quick to do and I love how it turned out. Name:  photo-054.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  287.5 KBName:  photo-55.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  258.7 KB The next quilt is one I started last year with some on QB but thread wasn't well monitored and I've lost track of others but I did get mine done. A study in how selecting colors without enough contrast but making the best of it.Name:  photo-56.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  259.1 KB The last is a small wall hanging using the Storm at Sea pattern for my M&M Class. I did the quilting with my walking foot. Name:  photo-57.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  313.4 KB I love how my UFO list is shrinking.

QNS - LOL Tx is another country. Ya'll all have so sweet ta be cheerin' me & OK on about the missin' block. I'll be awaitin' by the mailbox again tamarrow. I'm prayin' for your BFF. I'm glad that they have found
    Anael - I always have the same problem.
    #2DSon saw my cat, Turtle, by my sewin' machines so he took the covers off o' 'em. (Have I posted these before?)
    Name:  Turtle & the sewin machines #1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  61.2 KB
    Name:  Turtle & the sewin machines #3.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  56.7 KB
    He even messed up the area 'cause he said that it needed ta look like a quilter had been there. Ta be honest it looks like this most o' the time.
    I do have a mat that is Turtle's. It is denim & keeps his claws out o' my leg. I put it in my lap when he looks like he is gonna git in my lap.
    Name:  Turtle's mat #1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  64.6 KB
    Name:  Turtle's Mat #2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  77.0 KB
    It's about 15" X 25"
    It was my piano bench cover for a while but I noticed that it had become a favorite o' his & had come ta realize that after 6 years he wasn't gonna ta learn not ta put his claws in my skin. If I want him ta be somewhere I just move his mat.
    Janie - I guess that ya don't want ta know that the sun is shinnin' & it is 82*F taday. Sigh...no moisture a'tall since Sept.
    GG - Wow those are lovely!! Great quiltin'!
    Bev

Lovely quilts, Dublb, thank you for sharing. Yes, I lived in TEXAS for a number of years, and know its like another country!! They also taught me to capitalize the state name...because its five regions in one and they have the right to leave the union of the USA anytime they choose too to do so.

QE--We have "rotties" same coloring as dobes, but stockier. I will try to get a picture one of these times.

QNS--hope your bf keeps getting some answers...it is always frustrating to go to the drs and for them not to be able to tell you what's going on. Great progress on your pansy passion blocks!!

Anael--you have been doing a lot of practicing lately, you deserve a little break. Have a nice time with your quilt inspector.

Ggal--WOW! Those are some very nice quilts!! Thanks for sharing them with us. Do you have more ready to bind or do you have to get some more tops done first? How is your one for the "free backing" coming along?

Dublb--you did share the kitty pictures (still cute) , but not the mat...that's a good idea using denim to protect your lap.

I didn't get to the clubhouse today...this morning made food to take to lunch with the "in-laws" (late Easter gathering)...I think there were 20 of us there...we got home around 3 and I made food for the kid's archery banquet/potluck tonight at 5pm. Just got home a little bit ago..still have dishes to do but think they will wait til morning!

Yesterday I did get some quilting started on my BB quilt and progress made on my 4-patch posies wall hanging or table topper...whatever you want to call it. I still have to do a narrow cream border and then a wider border...figure I will share a picture of where I am at so far (since it's "next week" and all) LOL After taking the picture I saw that I turned around the bottom section so have ripped it out and pinned it on the right way now (did that last night after I came in so haven't sewn it yet).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh I love to listen to the chatter. Thanks for making me laugh--several times today.
    DH and I went to a little informal Guernsey get together. We were the youngest there. As folks were from a ways away many of us hadn't seen each other for years. After the meal the men switched chairs and we each had our little corner. We laughed when the word "quilting" was bandied about. Of the 7 women only 2 did not quilt. I shared the FART acronym and they thought it hilarious. A fine afternoon of catching up and rediscovering why we hold onto some friendships.
    Honchey I've tried side turning my machine but it felt awkward, but like QE mentioned my table space wouldn't support a quilt so maybe that's why it was uncomfortable.
    Anael You have a NO MO Kitty
    QE I may be wrong, but I think the Tiara and the S16 are designed for faster stitching and may be the reason for why the other BL didn't compare as well.
    So QNS I just heard that pink calms you and offers a feeling of contentment. May be why you are "tickled pink". Hope your BF can get the Mg levels raised. I think we may find that it is a very important mineral to include in our diet.
    Janie the picture of snow chilled me and makes me want a cup of hot chocolate! That storm is coming across the Dakota's and N MN--we may get some rain out of it. And farmers here are looking for a good rain to bring all the frost out so they can get in the fields ASAP. Looks like a late spring and a rush rush to get fields planted. A farm wife translation--no yard work help from the DH and be prepared to hop on the tractor at a moments notice.
    GGal your quilts are beautiful. I like the Monet setting and can see it used with other fabrics as well--scrap KT's, florals, and oh those fun modern fabrics the young gals like to work with. But I really like the SASea. Just lovely--sigh. Oh and it's blue, too.
    dublb--I chuckled at QNS's comment on TEXAS being another country. Word from the now wise. If you have dublb's name for MB--mail it like it was in a foreign land.. Thanks for letting me share it. Not only give it wings, but the sense to land in the right airport! Like Kitty's Circle denim quilt. Have always wanted to try one of those. It would be a great quilt to use with Gpa's shirts.
    Carrie--thanks for sharing the 4P Posies. Your fabric selection for the side "bars" is spot on! Now need to get my dishes done--some have sat from last night so can't let them wait any longer.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK at least we are laughin' & not cryin'. I don't guess it would do any good ta be unhappy about it. I also have a crazy block that was mailed ta me on the 20th (from my other board) that's not here yet. My mailman is gonna think I'm stalkin' him. Poor man.
    Bev

As to mailing MB's..I will be emailing those that are international and those sending to internationals...I cannot mention the persons sending to the above ITs ...new nickname for the above mentioned..got it??? ha ha....Oh well...

I forgot to mention...please (USA) girls don't let on you have next months MBs untill everyone has them....otherwise the ITS will have an idea of who possibly is making a block for them...It's (not ITS) supposed to be a mystery...that's why...

I'm sitting here laughing my a-- off typing this message...
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-07-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Page 115 of 542 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 114 115 116 125 165 215 ... LastLast