Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 215 of 542 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 214 215 216 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I could help out, Honchey, as I have the pictures on my desktop of my computer. I have been so worried about them, thinking they should be there....and now they are!! Wonderful news. I am so glad that you liked them...that is the bottom line to me is IF you liked them...then it was worth the effort.

Here's the link to the Patrick Lose binding demo that QNSue mentioned ..........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsmEtonhoA

QNSue ... thanks, yes when I saw the video, that was what I was thinking you were meaning. Not sure I like the idea of cutting off that little wedge. In principle it's good, but if you mis-cut, then you have a bigger problem than the bulk at the corner. Actually, I haven't really had a problem with bulk in the corners, though will give the 45 angle stitching a try. It's not August yet ... so no wonder SYE did not have the pattern yet!

Honchey ... now you rest up again, for the next 3 day stint. Are you getting any sewing done while at work? I remember that wonderful Christmas tree skirt you made last year, while working! Nice job to have, from that perspective. Hope all is OK for your DH.

Thanks for the vacuum attachment suggestion. I'd really like to find something that I could use independent of my central vac ... I just can't see me using it regularly, as I wouldn't want be bothered to get the 30ft hose out ... and don't want to have that snake sitting out all the time. So if there's has any other suggestions?

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!! I see that Honchey has a new MB!!!!!!!!
    (I have a vivid imagination at times!!

Anyone else with an MB today?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

There is a canister of air under pressure that you can buy and 'blow' that dust, dirt and stuff from your sewing machine or computer.

QNS and QE--I had a friend teach me the sewing off at 45 degrees for my binding when I was just starting out...so always do that. Never tried the trimming of the little "wedge" though. Might be helpful with flannel bindings, but I don't feel like I have too much bulk with regular cotton.

Honchey--looking forward to seeing your latest MBs. I need to get going on my August and Sept blocks here soon. If I counted right there are 3 more waiting for their July MBs.

I had PT this morning and took oldest DD shopping for school clothes and supplies. DS did his school before we left and youngest DD did hers when we got home. No time for sewing today, but I will be home all day tomorrow...thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    There is a canister of air under pressure that you can buy and 'blow' that dust, dirt and stuff from your sewing machine or computer.
    My techie said NOT use a blower or compressed air as then it blows the dust around, and not always out. In essence, putting it further into the machine, where we cannot get at it .... and thus, gives him more work, and of course, at a cost to me. He keeps telling me to just keep my vacuum there, like he does. Though he cleans how many machines a day? I might consider one of the handhelds, though any time I've looked, have not found one that would be easy enough to work with, at the machine.

CarrieM ... so we think alike! Yes, it's a solid corner, but I have no problems turning it and keeping it square and flat. I'll give the 45 stitching a try, though not sure if I can eyeball it easy enough to feel it will make my finishes any better. Of course practice makes perfect!

And I learned that for the final joining of the binding .... I finally have got comfortable with doing the 45 join at the end instead of a straight seam. I used to cop out and do straight joins unless it was something really special, but now, no problem!

Anael ... just noticed the time is heading towards midnight for you. Prayers for Bram tomorrow ... and for all of you as you sit and wait and fret! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for all to go well.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 07-29-2013 at 02:38 PM.

I got my MB from Jeanie...beautiful! I'll have a picture tomorrow for all of you.
    i got my new lifetime 4 ft table for my sewing machine and ordered the extension that fits my machine so I am getting set up to work on my FMQing. I've just about got all the nooks and crannies in my sewing room full and I need to concentrate in the finishing part if this craft.
    Janie...there was a set if those dishtowels in my youth as well.
    Honchey...so glad to hear from you, busy as you've been
    i've been told that the pressure can of air used to clean computers should not be used on a sewing machine. There is always a moist film which can cause parts to rust. Also, don't blow into the bowels of your machine. I learned this from a sewing machine repair person.
    Anael...thinking of little Bram and his surgery tomorrow. May it all go well!

QuiltE I was told the same thing regarding the compressed air, yes you blow the dust the lint further into the machine.

Anael will be thinking of you all today as you wait for Bram to have his surgery, as always you and your family are in my prayers

QNS will go back and reread your query regarding the Compass Block and have a look at it later today for you,

Am about to leave to drive to Townsville for DS's post surgery appointment. Chat to you all later
    Karen

QuiltE I was told the same thing regarding the compressed air, yes you blow the dust and lint further into the machine.

Anael will be thinking of you all today as you wait for Bram to have his surgery, as always you and your family are in my prayers

QNS will go back and reread your query regarding the Compass Block and have a look at it later today for you,

Am about to leave to drive to Townsville for DS's post surgery appointment. Chat to you all later
    Karen

QuiltE,

I just have a few minutes but I know what you are saying about vacuuming the machine. I have the neat little kit that fits on the end of a vacuum hose, and it worked great before we moved. Now my sewing room is as far away from the vacuum as is possible. Our vaccum is really really heavy and awkward so I am not inclined to drag it downstairs to clean my machine. I am a bit anal retentive about keeping it clean so I use it when I have to haul the vacuum downstairs to do the carpet in the family room whether it need sit or not.

I looked in vain to try and find a hand held with a hose so that I could use that with my attachments/kit, but they don't exist where I live. So I use a brush after every bobbin and vaccum it about once a week. It's a pain.

Oh Yes Nina, If you wouldn't mind...I want to hear all the oohs & ahhhhhs

At your request, Honchey, I will post what you received in the mail today but cannot do a 'whole group' shot, that you can post later.Name:  DSCN0211.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  78.0 KBthe butterfly 12 inch MB block.

the bonus block that is 18 inches pattern is a 1930 reproduction:Name:  DSCN0212.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  103.2 KBcalled 'fancy dish'

Aren't they pretty??????

WOW QNS!! You did a great job on those blocks. I really like the butterfly...what a neat idea!

There are two tiny moths or dragon flies in two corners...often thought about doing a quilt this way, so had ordered Marti Michell templates to make it someday....and this was fun to do. So happy they are appreciated and have a good home. That makes it all worth while. You deserve the best, Honchey for all your help through all the time of FWQS and the PC. Thank you for keeping us together as a group on QB.

OH!!! that is SO pretty Anne you lucky girl you!

Nina Sue, WOW!!! simply beautiful!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Anne and QNS - those blocks are wonderful! As DD says, Anne is a lucky girl!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

just thought I'd check in one last time to see if there were any more MB's and wow what a treat! Very nice, QNS, just lovely. Aren't you lucky, Anne!

Blog Entries
    Honchey you asked for old time quilt blocks and you have scored big time! Way to go QNS!

Today was spend money day. After getting bills paid made a trip to town, stopped at the Goodwill store and brought home 2 bags of ties. Yes men's ties 27 in all. What should I do with them. I think this is kind of a neat quilt. If I made it small enough it would be perfect as a framed mini. The second one also appealed to me. Am I crazy?Name:  832224cdb6d00382fbcf1e795f649afe.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  32.4 KBName:  b31029d9387ccd559fb984f44b4e9f50.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  138.9 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

JanieW ... So if you find one here in Canada, or I find one, we can tell each other. Meanwhile we'll both brush away, with the odd vacuum job! I sometimes wonder if my new machine needs cleaning more often than my old one? or just that I can see the crud more? Thank goodness for the easy access, with the pop off plate, no screwdrivers required!!

Honchey and QNSue ........... here's your ooooohs and aaaaahs! Some special blocks from to a special lady from a special lady too! Such a pretty touch with the lace on the butterfly block,

Honchey ... You are going to have one beautiful quilt!!!!

OKSGlad ... A local quilter comes up with some pretty spectacular minis using ties ... mini dresden plates and crazy quilts. So when I was in the Thrift Store last year, and it was Stuff-A-Bag-For-A-Tooney-Day ($2 Canadian coin), I stuffed away all that they had! They await ............!!!

And now ......... Good Night Ladies!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 07-29-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Wow what a beautiful set of blocks Honchey, QNS you did a great job..

Just got home and DS received the aok from the doc so that is good. QNS can you please let me know what the problem is with the Compass blocks.

Goodnight QuiltE
    Karen

Good night QuiltE

Honchey, such beautiful blocks! QNS did an excellent job on those blocks!

Bram is in surgery right now, they expect to be finished in about an hour. Fingers crossed ! ! !
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

NinaSue is Diamond in the Rough block the one I sent you, I seem to remember you asking for one that you did not have to complete the entire Compass collection. Just wondering, its late here and I am off to bed. Good night everyone
    Karen

OK, I've seen some gorgeous quilts using ties. They're quite expensive here, even in the thrift stores so I don't buy them.

Bram is out of surgery, all went well He has to stay and if all is ok tomorrow he can go home. So as far as we know this was the last 'repair job' on the twins All they have to do now is grow and grow!

Good morning, all. I finally have a day off work so made a cup of tea to sit with yinz and TRY to catch up. Sorry for the MIA but we work 10 hour days, 8-6, stand all day (except to pee) and by time I get home I'm too tired to do much but read the posts. I think I'm too old to work this many hours--my right knee is reminding me. It was fun though and the thought of future FARTs kept me motivated LOL.

I won't comment on all the posts--you ladies are so awesome in all you accomplish and I love reading about the kids, DGKs, gardens, and various projects you're all involved with. Are you sure you only have 24 hours in your days? I love all the quilts and the beautiful MBs. You've outdone yourselves with these blocks.

Poor Patches has been very sick, not sure how much longer we're going to have him around. It was a year ago that he had surgery on his sinuses and he did fairly well but the breathing problems have gotten worse. It's much cooler here now so I hope that helps; the high heat and humidity last week really bothered him. We'll see; he's such a love and I don't know what I'll do without him.

Great news about Bram, Anael. Will still keep praying.

Now to get caught up on all the household chores I've let slide. Well, maybe after I sew for awhile. Have a great day.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I'm sorry Patches isn't well. Let's hope he will be around for a while longer!
    Just go sewing Jan! The chores will be there tomorrow too

Page 215 of 542 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 214 215 216 225 265 315 ... LastLast