Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-20-2015, 08:42 AM

Strange thing is where I grew up it was called 'TLC' or to have a friend, you need to be one. Always show concern for the other person; treat them the way you want to be treated.

No matter how little you have, others may have less so share. No matter how much you have, someone always has more.

No matter what you do, someone else thinks they can do it better. But to do it right, you need to do it yourself.

If I say 'left', my dh will go right. . . because in his mind he is always right. And its always my fault no matter what hits the fan. I am exhausted after a morning run to my hometown for quick bunch of groceries. His Irish logic got to me...and now I can rest and relax.

He is a 'Thursday child' and I am a Sunday child. The old nursery rhyme: Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday 's child is full of grace, Wednesday's child is full of woe, Thursday's child has far to go, Friday's child works hard for a living, Saturday's child is loving and giving, But the child who is born on the Sabbath day is fair and wise and good in every way. SLo I am always right!

I am waiting, Honchey, until I see the book to make a suggestion.... and if I will try a few or not.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:40 PM

I agree with QNS, Anne, and will wait to see the book before I have any suggestions. My only hesitation to doing it would be doing just one block per week--there are 90+ blocks so that would make it a 2 year project. Too long for someone like me with QuiltersADD. Very anxious to see the new blocks.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:36 PM

When are you getting your book Jan, did you order from Laurie?
Old 05-20-2015, 04:43 PM

I have bronchitis. Sigh. I'm not supposed ta be sick in May. May - Sept I am always well. Sigh again. One o' the things that has me bumfuzzeled is that I don't feel bad. Just have a horrible cough. The Dr was even worried that I have walkin' pneumonia but the chest X-ray proved that I don't. After I got home from the Dr yesterday I quilted a li'le Doll Quilt that I have been workin' on. Taday I worked on the demo that I am makin' for my class. On June 1st I will teach how ta finish this li'le thing.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Bummer that you are under the weather, dublb..take it easy and get well.

No one is supposed to get pneumonia in May...but I did on 5-05-05 out of the blue I came down with a cough, then a fever. Knew something wasn't right..so DIL took me to ER...they hooked me up on IV so fast as I had already become septic..didn't take long to get over the pneumonia, but took a long time to get my strength/stamina back.

Sounds like some of you are pouring over your new quilt books...I mowed lawn..now all stiff and sore..sound familiar Honchey? Busy couple of days ahead then DD and family come for the weekend. Going to go watch my taped daily Jeopardy fix..DH mowed first couple rounds of hay..Going to chop it into the mixer as we are out of haulage..night all.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Hope you feel better Bev...It seems there are still so many with a horrible cough...I wonder how many of them have pneumonia and don't know it...I had a bout of Bronchitis several years ago and it left me with wheezing every once in awhile...

Not looking yet OK, have to wait until the book gets here
Old 05-20-2015, 09:17 PM

The tracking code says my book should be here on Friday! Can't wait!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 04:11 AM

Good for you JeanieG. My tracking shows it to arrive on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing it and holding it in my hands.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:43 AM

I just checked the tracking and it says it arrived at my local post office this morning at 8a.m. I'm wondering if it will be in today's delivery...I hope, hope hope....
Old 05-21-2015, 06:17 AM

Hi Everyone, my book is on it's way to my mailbox right now...I should have it in about 2 hours...Yay!