Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-02-2015, 08:42 AM

I love cooking in large amounts and freezing for later use. There's just MrJanRN and I and we both love soup. I hit the Farmer's Market and bought lots of veggies. Will start making soups this week-end while he's away. Just love my crock pot!

This week, and on thru the next we're hitting 90*--too hot for anything. I'm trying to get a quilt top quilted but my Sweet16 is on the sunporch--I feel like I'm sewing in a green house. Just might take the afternoon off and read a book!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Oh Rosy sounds so delicious...I hate to cook...only for necessity...but I do make soup and freeze for later, too. Most of the gals know I can some of our home grown beef so almost always have a quart jar of meat to add to the mix...After a chicken is cooked, I boil the left over carcass for the broth which I also freeze...it's used in lots of soup or casseroles..I can control the amount of salt that's put in, plus it's low cost.

Honchey....we can become the "Quilt Bees"

Here's a start on my next quilt...aptly named by my DSis...Time to Commit...Jan...Does it look like dog vomit?...I think you're the one who often asks that particular question
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529586[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails time-commit.jpg   time-commit1.jpg  
Old 09-02-2015, 11:45 AM

I love it Ohsew, they can commit me too lol....I just had a bow of my chili and a bow of plain yogurt with my cooked apples and peaches. I am so full..time to go do another pony. I got caught up on this weeks FW already.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
I love cooking in large amounts and freezing for later use. There's just MrJanRN and I and we both love soup. I hit the Farmer's Market and bought lots of veggies. Will start making soups this week-end while he's away. Just love my crock pot!

This week, and on thru the next we're hitting 90*--too hot for anything. I'm trying to get a quilt top quilted but my Sweet16 is on the sunporch--I feel like I'm sewing in a green house. Just might take the afternoon off and read a book!
Jan I have this very large favorite pot of mine and I make veggie soup and freeze, I make meat sauce and freeze that too. I freeze stuff like sweet peppers when they are on sale for almost nothing and strawberries and blueberries. Sometime if I cook too much for dinner, I freeze that so there is always something to take out if I dont' want to cook. my main freezer item tho is the sauce and soup. I love when I just want soup and have it.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:49 AM

OH I love it OK! Hmmmmm Ya have me thinking.........
Yippy we have 2 more PC riders! Alright I knew that we had Rosy but how kool is it that qivio is joining up too? We are a welcoming group & anyone can just come & chat w/us. It is neat though that you 2 will also have made the quilt too. Yup I am excited. Hmmm Am I fired up enough to start back making my blocks? I hope so!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:38 PM

OK, my fingers are itching!!!!! I love to make Vichysoise? in the winter.. it freezes real well..I don't add the cream tho until I'm ready to warm it up...
Old 09-02-2015, 12:46 PM

Bev, how many blocks did you complete?
Did all the others finish their quilts? I got impatient trying to find pictures from the beginning posts-- too many posts to sift through.
Oksewglad, you did all that in just a couple of days?! I think it's wonderful! I'm real keen on scrappy, unique one-of-a-kind quilts that use up bits and pieces. Your distribution of color is great! It looks like purple is not your favorite color.
Ditto on the making soup and freezing the extra. We have soup every week all year round.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:11 PM

No, Givio, we did not all finish our PC quilts. My is on the vertical wall of the hallway, as I decide about the border. I did the first one, and its hanging on the wall.

I am hung up about three other borders as well...a small amount to do after the quilt top is almost finished, but that is where I am stuck in quick sand, I guess, and it just looks back at me and remains quiet...and does not do itself.

My small freezer and larger freezer is full to the top; gotta put the chicken hindquarters and my turkey breast in there somehow. Schwan's man said, 'You need to eat out of there and get it down!' so I am buying from him just once a month.

Some small pieces followed me home today....never can resist the $3.00 a yard fabric in Bloomfiield Sew Forth Quilt Shop.
One piece I am dividing and sending to OK...she will love this novelty print...not for grandkids, its for her...due to their occupation as dairy farmers. Of course, it remains her choice on how to use it.

It was a good day; I hope you all had a good day, too.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

Oh so wrong on the purple givio...I think it adds to the mix...but you are right I haven't added any to this...orange is my least favorite, but like how it draws the eye in a dull space. I do a bunch of small block piecing, then gradually make the rectangle bigger...that's when I press...oh so wrong, but who cares. I am thinking of using QAYG, machine stitching straight diagonal lines from the back....back to Commit....

And no. I haven't finished my PC quilt..
Old 09-02-2015, 01:46 PM

I like the name, OK--definitely Time to Commit. Or you could name it Opla (Alpo that's come back up LOL!!!)