Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-21-2015, 10:27 AM

I am green with envy! Enjoy, Anne.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:36 AM

I received my book in the mail today. I really like it. I'm open to whatever everyone else decides to do. The blocks will finish at 6 " and there are 99 blocks. Not on much but am slowly getting some things done. DH is doing about the same as he was the first of the year. New doctor this month, don't know if we will get the same one for next month or our original doctor. They are both from the University of Iowa. Really like both of them.
I've been working on baby blankets. New GGS born April 3rd, got to hold him last Saturday. Next ggs will arrive sometime the first of July, another boy. That will make 7 GGS for us. I have a farm quilt for the first one and am making a turtle quilt for the next one.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 PM

So good to hear from you GrannyQ. I went to the mailbox and got my book today. Love it. First thing I did was to Thank Laurie for sending it to me.

Love the reproduction fabric in the book; wish I could locate the fabric and use it in this quilt. I think the blocks are doable. Its an encouragement to finish my other UFOs to take on this challenge. How about FW1930s for a title of our discussion?
Old 05-21-2015, 01:00 PM

I glanced at the book and found about 6 blocks with the dreaded "Y" or "angled" seams...lots of little pieces also..but as you said Nina "doable"..I also love the fabrics Laurie used.. I know I have a big ziplock bag of them somewhere in this house...

I think we should add the "S" for sampler in the title.. I also leaning towards the 2 a week and if you don't get them done who's going to complain??? not me.. or maybe one a week and make a few "bonus" blocks during the month.. I don't know..We'll figure something out ...When did we decide to start this quiltalong? I don't remember..I know Carriem said towards the end of summer. When should I post the new thread? A month before we start? We started the first one on August 4th, 2010...wow...five yrs ago... I'm going to start getting my fabric put together..I will be organized for this quiltalong.. I just looked at the calendar and July 7th is a Tuesday to post the thread. and guess what..August 4th is a Tuesday !!!! I think that's an omen...We should start the first Tuesday of August????

GrannyQ, good to hear from you!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 01:12 PM

I think August the 8th sounds great. Would one confuse the FWSQ with FWS1930s or FSWQ1930s??? And what we want to do with blocks...we can still skip or replace the "Y" seamed blocks...go for two a week and work ahead or behind as we did before...object is to have fun along the trail like we have in the first two trails. Virtual RV is ready for the trip through this book. Files are transferred to my computer.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:35 PM

I as thinking more like "The FWS 1930"s Quiltalong Week#1 "Addie" and so on..
Old 05-21-2015, 01:41 PM

My book is due to arrive this Saturday. We won't be home most of the week-end but I'm anxious to see it. Did you say y-seams????? I can do them, just won't LOL, so I'll sub some other blocks. I love 6" blocks, perfect size for paper piecing. I like the dates you've listed and those dates work well for me. The only time I'll have a problem is when we get all the flooring replaced in the whole house--maybe I'll put my machine in the basement so I can keep on sewing.

GrannyQ good to hear from you--congrats on the great grand kids. QNS, I'm starting to bake some virtual cookies for the RV.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:10 PM

JanRN, I can smell those wonderful cookies!

I ordered another program from Pro Quit Foundation...a stripper! On sale today. Choose from some 500 different blocks and chose your size and print out the blocks.

I printed out the Bear Paw in five sizes, and the Churn Dash in three different sizes. The latter will be my genealogy quilt thanks to JanRN's donation of those unforgettable little donkeys for our three children. A throw size, naturally, so they can throw the JA into the air when they feel like it. LOL! And they got all those genes from both sides of the house!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:16 PM

I got my book today as well. Joe already took it to have the spiral binding put on it. I will pick it up tomorrow.

I thought the blocks looked great, and I really liked the fabric Laurie used as well. I have so many scraps, and the blocks are small, so I'm going to use some more of the small scraps I have been saving.

I like the naming system you are using Anne (The FWS 1930"s Quiltalong Week#1 "Addie") as that describes the quilt block/s each week. I also think that two a week, as we have done before, is also the way to go. Otherwise we will be on a 2 years journey with this project. I know that we will not be able to totally be able to keep up, but maybe have a catch up week every couple of months would be good.

Anne, I wonder if you can put a photo of the book cover in the announcement message? I would think it would be okay, then people would know what to look for.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:22 PM

I already have Laurie's permission to post a photo of the book...It might also encourage sales for her.. That's a good idea Jeanie... Maybe I should make the announcement sooner than July 7th?...The book will be available thru Amazon & fons & porter the middle of June..