Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 128 of 542 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 127 128 129 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Anael ... Sleep well!!! Sometimes I think the pattern makers don't look at what their computers create for them. So sad for you that you can only visit the twins one per week. Especially when they are SO close to you now!

Honchey ... stop it!!! You're making me want to go out and buy some of those not-so-good-plastic strawberries and try this right now! I can see all sorts of possibilities with most any fruit! Your dabbles are looking pretty darned nice!!!

Good idea to include the patterns for our MBs.
    You're going to see a recurring theme with the MBs that I make ... as I am hoping to make all with a Friendship theme. However, I may have a challenge to make that happen with those with "specific" block requests. Here's the first ones ...

JanieW's March MB ... Flower of Friendship
    http://www.quilterscache.com/F/Flowe...shipBlock.html

MiraBelle's April MB ... Friendship Star Variation
    http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte....html?idx=8057

_______ May MB ... You've got to kidding, if you think I'm going to spill on that?

Honchey, now we need yours!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

The little birdie didn't poop on me but left a beautiful block....Thanks, Honchey! The picture doesn't begin to do it justice. Name:  photo-055.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  121.6 KB
    Carrie...I have 6 blocks done if I count the one already sent. There are just a couple that I don't have a clear plan yet for what I will do but I'm sure the inspiration will come.
    QuiltE...hummm what will they be?
    Honchey...Strawberries? They really look good. It seemed like spring was finally here this past week but we have frost warnings tonight. It's rained a lot this week and there is flooding here but we live high up on a hill so we're not bothered. I am aware of many people that are being affected by it and with the man made disasters of this past week...really the past year with droughts, and hurricanes too...not a time to take safety and protection for granted. I'm daily thankful for it!!!!

Will post information about my MB's as soon as they have been revealed, cause April's has not been received yet and May is made just waiting for the calendar to click to May.
    March - Carriem Friendship Block

http://www.quilterscache.com/F/Frien...rcleBlock.html
    Karen

Carrie, you asked about dies for the Sizzix Big Shot. I have only three, and they are Sizzix dies. I got the Big Shot to cut my scraps into squares for my leader/ender projects (a la Bonnie Hunter) because it was 1/3 of the price of the Accuquilt. The dies I have are Squares#2 (this one has 1", 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/4" squares all on one die), I have a 2 1/2" squares (4 on die), and 5" square. The Sizzix cuts fabric beautifully. I find that sometimes I need to add a thin cardboard to the bottom of the die if it is not cutting cleanly. That small addition works wonders.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

We were posting at the same time GGal, what a beautiful block, I love the fabrics they look like Robyn Pandolph.

Honchey what a cute applique pattern, you wouldn't think those fabric were Kaffe Fassetts, I love the way you have cut them to define the dress, well done

Now I am staying off the computer to get the last 5 blocks quilted, have a great day everyone.
    Karen

We were posting at the same time GGal, what a beautiful block, I love the fabrics they look like Robyn Pandolph.

Honchey what a cute applique pattern, you wouldn't think those fabric were Kaffe Fassetts, I love the way you have cut them to define the dress, well done

Now I am staying off the computer to get the last 5 blocks quilted, have a great day everyone.
    Karen

Gardnergal - that is a lovely MB you got there from Honchey! Great colors!

Strawberries grow here year round. The workers are out on those fields picking daily. The strawberry stands are all open. Some berries are better than others. I really prefer smaller berries than those huge ones. They just have more flavor and are sweeter.

I hate to tell you all this, but it has been in the high 70's, low 80's the last few days. Just beautiful weather!

Honchey, those "Pretty Dresses" are spectacular! It looks like great fun choosing fabric for this project!

I've got the two final side borders on my PC quilt. Going to work on the top and bottom now. Gosh almost done! Yeah!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Honchey and GGal ... what a lovely block!! ... so perfect in every way. You'll want to guard it from any Little Birdies!

GGal ... So you were thinking if you asked me, I'd just spill the?? I may not be feeling well, but I'm not asleep! (yet!!!)

JeanieG ... hurrah for your almost-done PC borders! We'll bask in your sunshine and warmth!!! Going back to below freezing again tonight and tmro is to stay that way with the S word mentioned as a possibility! arggghhhh!!!

MiraB ... closing in on home stretch!

Forgot the other little project I did last weekend til I downloaded the pics ...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6013576
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-19-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Hey Jan...did you see the new "twist" that QuiltE did???? Now you can open that "box in the closet that will never be opened" and make a couple of these....

GGal's block was made with Moda...I don't remember the designers...maybe three sisters...there were several lines that can be mix and matched quite well...I just followed QNS block and used 2.5" center and 1.5" strips...

Mirabelle's block has several names..Woven star in Foundation Factory, Starry path 2 can be found in Quilterscache..
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-19-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Honchey ... don't you think that JanRN, could make one for each of us!!!!! That was the block that I made and was so pleased with ... then noticed there was none of my trademark yellow, so it was banished from my PC! When I wanted to try this twist, I thought, well, there's a good use for it!

It is 8pm Saturday evening here and I have been working on this quilt since Wednesday, but the quilting is finished, I have trimmed it and tomorrow I will sew the binding on...

Hope you can see the quilting, I kept the border fairly simple with leaves and loops as the blocks were densely quilted.

I am now going to have a Radox bath as my shoulders and neck are killing me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

I did take a close up of the border but it won't let me resize it for some reason, will try again tomorrow
    Karen

Ok I fixed the problem, here is a close up of the border hope you can see it
    Karen

Another beautiful job, Mirabelle. Love that design and you all did a great job on the piecing and you on the quilting. I gave it thumbs up....five stars out of a possible three...

QuiltE, I like your twist idea...now if I had glasses like those....nope...just regular glasses in my cupboard! Nice.

I am awake 'cause my cell phone rang; never good this early in the morning. Dh's Aunt Ruth passed away peacefully last night while sitting in her chair in the nursing home. Funeral will be announced later. Thank goodness I had finished her quilt and her two throws that she got to enjoy for a while. The wheel chair purse fabric was purchased but never made for her. Another reminder life is toooo short, so you all enjoy your day and family today....give everyone an extra hug and tell them how much you love them.

QNS my deepest sympathy to you and your family, yes it does reminds us to be kind every day, cause you never know what tomorrow brings.
    Thank you for your kind words, hopefully it will be well received and make a few $ for our club
    Karen

Ggal, that's a beautiful block Anne made for you-love those colors.

Anne, those ladies are so cute. I'm not fond of applique but those are going to make for a really striking quilt. And NO!!! I am not opening The Box. QE is quite clever with her coasters and potholders. There are enough blocks in The Box that I could cover my car.

Mirab, that quilt turned out lovely. I'm sure you'll raise lots of $$$ with it.

QnS I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, life is short as we are constantly reminded. I'm glad she got to enjoy your quilts. I hope you're feeling better.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

MiraB ... splendid!! I need to see those fresh daisies, as I awoke to snow this morning! Nice switch on the border quilting. I'm guessing the binding is going to be in colour. Perhaps scrappy? Or, how are you going to surprise us? You deserve that luxurious bath ... two completed quilts in one week!!! My Oh My!!! Nexdt? ... Sell! Sell! Sell!! (those tickets)

I promise, you do not need your skiis here in Canada in July (old joke about our American friends coming north with skiis on their cars in July!!!) Whatever happened to global warming?

QNSue ... My condolences to you and your DH. You were so good to Aunt Ruth and helped to make her life a little more pleasant. Keep those good memories as you remember your loss. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you.

Thanks Everyone, about the coasters and pot holders ... I've never used the coasters! I bought them one time at a LQS thinking I might make them as a gift sometime, and they've sat in my sewing room ever since. Then recently I saw the super-size ones in a different LQS with a mason jar to leave a donation for a local charity. Last weekend, I took the idea and ran with it, making some of my own improvisations. Added in the special insulation batting, which seemed stiff, but as I used it this week, all seems good. Will it soften when washed?

JanRN ... cars have been covered before!! hhmmm? You could do this!!!
    Name:  HaltonGuild&Floradale 001.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  1.55 MB
    The President of a local Guild made this during her year in the Chair, and had it on display at their Quilt Show. She even put screen over the windows so that she could have full vision and drive it in Parades. Gues she'll have to keep the car forever as it's not a one-size-fits-all!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-20-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks for the kind words at the loss of my AIL. She was the 'glue' that held the family and farm together, has missed her dh after his death, but enjoyed her children and grandchildren and great grand children. She had a lot of health problems, so the passing is really a blessing in many ways and it was a peaceful death. Yes, she will be missed greatly by her family as it should be, and life will go on. Passing of another era...the last of that generation in the family.

~~~Hugs~~~ QNina Sue, lots of ~~~Hugs~~~

here is a pic of my new little friend that I get to keep while his Mommy is in Mexico isnt he CUTE!!! I think we will have a difficult time giving him up when she gets back.

Rain, Rain, and more SNOW! all I want is a sunny day so I can take some more pics to show yall
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Well, I won the coverall for $50 last night....My bowl of strawberries & cool whip was the first to go (finished)....I had a piece of cake that went well with the strawberries ...It was an angelfood cake with a lg can of crushed pineapple, 1 cap each of almond & vanilla extract...nothing else added...it was very good...

Jan, why don't you have a MBox auction...you could get some $$$$ for your next FART.

MiraB. your raffle quilt tuned out great...I have tried FMQ doing that border design but it didn't turn out like yours...looked nothing like it...
    Gee, I'm wondering if my MB will be coming to me here in NC...I forgot about that... My May MB is done and I have fabric for one (future pick). even I wouldn't pick one ahead of time...reminds me I should get my little blue numbered beads out..(baby bracelet kind)..I found a pack of them in my sewing box...they will work better than the little folded up papers...
    QuiltE...That car certainly looks different...Dh wants to know WHY??? I just checked out the weather channel and Yep some of you will be getting more SNOW....It is rather chilly here this morning..We had torrential rain last night...it's still cloudy and overcast...my bones are telling me it's going to be here for a few more days.....
    QNS...Sad news to hear about a loved one...
    I'm not sure about what to use for the background for the "Pretty Dresses" I have a few more cut out...
    do I go with Kona Snow or a white on white or just a white... the block itself is sashed with 4 different strips not the same as the dress.
    Oh well, maybe I'll cut a couple of "birdies"....I'll have to do some fusible to the fabric first....

DDamsel ... well, isn;t that the cutest, and I see you have landed him right onto a quilt! Will be quite a change from your "big" dogs!

Honchey ... bet that Bingo $ burning a hole in your pocket and now you need to go on another FART!!! Did you give anyone your address to get your MB in NC? Tell DH .... "Just Because" ... you'll have to find a man-parallel to help him understand. Guess her guild members had a lot of "boxes that shall never be opened", and opened them wide for her! She sure put a lot of work into it ... everything was quilted ... and as you can see, well fit to the car. Yup we had snow overnight ... and I saw flakes falling again, a few minutes ago. arrgghhhhh!!!

For your pretty dresses ... the other day I saw a Michael Miller Fairy Frost with just a touch of sparkles in it. What about using it? I'm not familiar with Kona Snow, though I am thinking it's a plain white. If so, I'd go for the WOW, as it'd look somewhat lacy and girlie to go with the mood of the piece.

And to think I forgot my big announcement ..................... Thursday I cut the deal for my new machine!
    I wanted the Sweet 16, but as many of you know I was having a hard time justifying the cost, for a machine that would sit idle a lot. So I went for the Bernina 820 (comes with the BSR). It will give me a lot more throat space, though not the desirable open height or width of the S16. I'm thinking it'll be a good way for me to work on developing my FMQ skills ... and if I do good, and outgrow the quilting ability, then I will have a better comfort to get the S16, or whatever happens to be around when the time comes.

Thank you SO much to all of you for your insights and help while I was researching and doing my own soul-searching about the decision. You all helped immensely. Now you'll just have to listen to me moan and groan as I adjust to the Bernina mindset!

May u love it; I love my Bernina sewing machine (old one a 1530 from late 90s) but passed on their big quilter 'cause it still sits facing me with its feed dogs, and I cannot turn a 90 degree angle with my eye and head to sew a straight line like the sweet 16s do...if that makes sense. Computer is acting up; DD is not available until evening an is bummed out fixing too many computers right now...Ds is unavailable, too. Guess Mom was always too available too often. LOL!!

Good luck with your new machine, QuiltE...and don't forget to show us the results.

Thank you for your comments as me a cook; I cook plain old fashion farm food learned from my DG. I did learn that if you wanted something to taste right, you had to start with a good product. Same is true of sewing fabrics an sewing machines, I think. Honchey, I love these 'hints' you give us about dip for strawberries, etc.

DD looks like you are a good care taker...when an animal loves you, there is nothing wrong with the world; its peaceful and loving, TLC, time.

QNS, I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

YAY!!!! QuiltE "HappyBirthday" or something

QNinaSue I LOVE animals, yesterday My Dad came to visit with his dog in tow, I had to scurry to put "Newbie" out of reach, then closed the door to the 5 new turkeys and 2 baby ducks, the cat ran off all on her own, DhDD had to take the baby goat back outside, and did I mention we got another bunny yesterday?
    I spent all morning working on building a bigger bunny hutch, and looking up plans for a duck house! I even have an old bathtub around here somewhere

If only it would STOP storming!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, we found the smallest child's wading pool at Wal Mart the cheapest solution to the ducks needing water to wash their becks out and swimming. Orscheln Farm and Home Store has some chicken tractors now starting at $250. upward, all built or just the 'holding' pens....you can assemble or pay them $25. for assembling. I have looked at them really close because it still might be the cheapest plan for us....I would put it inside a dog run we bult that is 5 by 15 feet with 8 foot high wire to prevent the varmits getting to the fowl.

Page 128 of 542 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 127 128 129 138 178 228 ... LastLast