Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 542 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 78 128 528 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

She lives w/my DM. Everytime she has fallen, she had left her walker in her room. I think DM needs ta git a nurses aid ta help her, but I understand that DGM is the one who will fight that.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

MiraB ... Many thanks for your kind words ... I love this place here. Can you say addicted, a tad? Have fun shopping for your new Home Sweet Home! When there is no rush, you have the luxury to take your time and get to know the market .... and then when the right one comes, at the right price, you'll be ready to "pounce"! I somewhat did that when I bought this home. Some thought I moved too fast, but they had no clue what I'd been doing before I saw this one. Almost ten years later ... and absolutely no regrets!!!

CarrieM ... yes, heavy table is what you want for the heavy machine! the surface size is a comfortable size for working on. When quilting, I have another table that catches the bulk of the quilt from the back ... and another at the left side. I can see an addition to the clubhouse in the future!!

DublB ... so sorry about your DGM. Better keep an eye on your DM as well. Trying to care and watch your DGM will be wearing on her strength too.

Computers and Printers?? ... OK, so I am giving in and will be heading out to "deal" with the issue. Too many problems the last couple of weeks, and better to do the transition when I am quieter with work/business stuff. Wouldn't want to have to deal with it all when I was under a lot of deadlines. So .... Any suggestions? I'll also bite the bullet and get myself a colour printer at the same time. For the Printer, I know I need pigment ink ability for printing on fabric, inkjet, separate colour/black cartridges. After that I know so little as to what I am looking for. So your input/suggestions are most welcome!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-06-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE - an absolute must for me is double sided printing. It saves so much paper!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I love my Macbook Pro!!!!! It does everything my my PC did.
    Bev

Good suggestion, JeanieG ... never even thought about double sided printing!!

I know everyone who has a Mac seems to love it ... but I won't be going there DublB ... just too big of a learning curve for me. More so, when I have no one at hand to help me start or along the way/

I had almost no learnin' curve. It was easy & user friendly. #2 DSon found a great tutorial. Yet I understand if ya don't want to. It is your computer.
    Bev

QuiltE, whatever you buy, don't buy an Acer. Their customer service is so bad.........at least here! I had two, one laptop and one desktop. The laptop had problems from almost the very first day. When I had to send it in for the 4th time I told them I want a new one but I didn't get it. The same problem is still there

I now have a HP desktop and I'm very happy with it.

The HP printers are good but the ink tanks (we call them cartridge, I thought you too?) are very expensive. That's why I bought a Canon instead of new ink tanks! As far as I know there's always the possibility of double sided printing. Some printers won't print when one of the tanks is empty, the Canon just goes on. Sounds weird but when the yellow is gone and you want to print a design you don't need yellow. So I'm happy it does go on. Do I make sense? I hope so, it's early in the morning, I just woke up and had only 1 coffee LOL LOL
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Bev will keep your DGM in my prayers, you also need to look after yourself, so get some rest and pray that in the coming days and weeks your DGM will recover fully
    Karen

Bev, I hope your DGM will be well very soon. Take care!

On another board we're having weekly goals. One of my goals for this week is making a Sylvia block, so I did! The other goal for this week is making the BB blocks Here's my Sylvia block. I hope you like it. I was surprised it turned out 6.5" as it should LOL. Name:  TinekeSchilperoortI5MexicanStar (459 x 458).jpg
Views: 76
Size:  69.8 KB

I love your block Anael, how many Sylvia blocks have you made
    Karen

Anael--that block is very pretty, great contrast. Are you using batiks for the whole thing?

Hugs to you, Dublb, stay healthy yourself!!

QuiltE, when I left my job, they were in the second year of every child (junior high school) carrying a Dell laptop computer and it was going very well. They were checked in at the end of the year, and the 8th grad machines were issued to incoming sixth graders. I am on a refurnished Dell now with the top of the line HP professional printer 'cause it prints legal size and letter size paper and I quilt. You can get refurnished computers that are less in price. It all depends upon how much you print whether you want a laser or cartridges or digital. I have used three cartridges of Black and the three colors in the last year, so that is not doing too bad...but sometimes I want to copy a bigger quilt pattern, so went for the professional printer...it also faxes, scans, copies and prints....self learning and not that bad to learn about. It gives instructions and pictures on how to do it....its also wireless/or attach to USB port.

Computers can be ordered or taken as is off the shelf...it all depends upon what you do with them, how much video you do with them, etc., how much desktop memory you want, how much memory you need...how many disk drives you need...and how close the dealer is to you. Or someone in the neighborhood that has one like yours, to help over the bumps in the path.

Check the internet site for each company, like Dell, for daily specials...and pick yourself up a bargain priced deal...or from Ebay.

Refurnished is a rebuilt computer by the company that saves a few $$$; I have had several, using one right now. DD found it on the Dell list for the Day, and knew it would be fine for me. Mac notebook like Jeanie has is wonderful machines, too. I am used to a PC now, and its in my 'comfort' zone. US $$ values are from 200 to 700 for notebooks or CPUs; desktops usually are priced with a monitor.

QE--I agree with QNS about Dell computers (both desktop and laptop). We have used them for years. They do have good customer service too. My husband just got his first Mac at work and loves it, so we might be going that way in future home computer purchases.

Thanks mirabelle and carriem! No, I'm not using batiks for the 'whole thing' LOL. I use what I like for a particular block.
    I've done 130 blocks now, 10 to go! Of course the hard ones

Anael....WOW! 130 blocks!! I can't wait to see them all together.

Blog Entries
    OMgoodness. You folks are just chatting away--I have scrolled quickly through the posts and haven't had a chance to digest much of it. Just to let you know I am still on planet earth. Was whipped when kids all finally went home on the 31st. Then had to make a gift for a wedding on the 5th and now holed up with bookwork. "I will not go to the QB" repeat "I will not go to the QB" repeat "I will not go to the QB". So long for now!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad ... good to know you "survived" the family! I'm sure you're enjoying all the memories as you do your year end books.

Anael ... beautiful! And WOW, you're almost done Miss Sylvia! Can't wait to see it.

Computer update ... spoke with my techie this morning and he's working on some prices for me. Gave him the couple of links about printers with the pigment inks. First glances, most are not available here ... or are more commercial sized, which means prices are way beyond. At least the guy understands the fabric printing concept ... has had clients for it before. He's suggested I find out what models/makes everyone is using for the pigment inks ... and that are happy with them. I have a laser already and will keep it for the B+W as it's cheaper to print and then will add the colour inkjet so I can come into the modern era!

Also, he'll configure it so I can have Windows 7 (currently XP). Apparently all now are W-8 which is nightmarish for most. So one of the benefits of dealing with this guy over a stock STaples one.

QNSue ... I know you mentioned yours is a professional model ... which one? There seem to be many listed as professional, so would like to clarify. Have you given any of your printed fabrics a good wash test, to know the stability?

Anael ... yes, same thing here. Some purchase a printer as it's cheaper than the new ink cartridges (yes, what we call them here)

I don't really have the neighbour or friend or "kid" to help me thru any problems, so have to rely on my techie. I'm confident in his support and service. That means a lot.

OK, we have missed ya so much. Git your stuff done & we will be here waitin' for ya. No pressure. Huggs.
    Aneal I love your block! So cute, & o' coures the last ones are the hard ones. LOL
    Thanks
    everybody for your concern about my health. I slept from 6:00am till 1:00pm & then just sat in my chair & played on my lap top all the rest o' the day. I even didn't git out o' my PJ's. LOL This is what usually happens when someone is in the hospital, I crash the next day.
    DM called yesterday & DGM's pain Rx is makin' her a bit confused. I hope she is better taday.
    Bev

QE we were typin' at the same time. LOL It looks like ya are on the right track. I do have a great advantage w/havin' #2DSon & DH ta help when I need help. DS wants ta teach me everythin' all at once. Some things I do so seldom, that I know I won't remember the next time, so I want him ta just do it for me. LOL We all went ta Apples 2 years ago & I was so surprised at how easy it was ta learn. The biggest thing is the X ta close things, - button ta reduce & the + button are in the left corner instead o' the right corner. Everything else is about the same.
    Bev

To be honest, I've never played with an Apple ... eaten many!

LOL yes as a kid, small red ones, lots and lots of them But I don't have an Apple either!

I made another block today, last one for this week as my other goal for this week is to finish the BB! So here it is, not an easy one, had a hard time matching all seams and points. Don't look too close as they don't all match It will be a while before you can see the whole quilt as I still didn't decide on what color sashing.
    Name:  TinekeSchilperoortG5Mariner'sCompass (453 x 454).jpg
Views: 58
Size:  66.5 KB

It's lovely!
    Bev

OMG Anael, that is marvelous! I just love the colors you used, you really pulled that one off beautifully!

I'm thinking of getting a laser printer also QuiltE. It would be so much more economical, like you said, for black/white printing. I wonder if they have small ones that would fit on a bookshelf??? Does anyone know? I know they have come way down in price, from what they used to be.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 28 of 542 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 78 128 528 ... LastLast