Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 169 of 542 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 168 169 170 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Dublb, if you download from the net, please email me on how???? Curz stick did not download the first program first??? Need an outline of a guitar...concert...that works with the Deco 340.
    First I know that ya have ta register the Deco w/Berninia & ya need ta run the designs through the Berninia websight. They all have ta be ART. Other than that I haven't figured it out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    OKsewglad, I like QNS's suggestion for your quilt but I'd love to see a cow outline in crazy colors! What a fun quilt that would be.

Carrie, I'm doing my Christmas Rosie. It's only 12 blocks (odd size to fit on back of couch). Thought I'd start with the smaller one and work my way to the larger batik one. Thanks all for your suggestions and encouragement on the FMQ; my friends laugh and tell me I'm too anal to FMQ. I think they're right.

Have an interesting FART on Saturday. We're going to a fabric outlet. Have any of you ever been to one? I checked their website and they show name brand fabrics. Wonder about the quality of the fabric--would it be seconds? I need backing for 2 projects so I hope it's okay. It will be fun no matter what. And then I'll have to FMQ some more projects--oh no!!!! LOL.
    First ya can FMQ! Start doodelin' durrin' all your free time. The class I took had us zig-zag from left ta right, about an inch wide, move over & do it again. Somethin' about that seemed ta give me the control that I needed. When I practice it I do that first & away I go. I want ta point out that I don't draw very well, but can do some very nice simple designs. I'm learnin' ta doodle a bit now too. Stipple is way over my head. I have ta have a design.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Anael I've been prayin' off & on all day for the Isa taday.
    Bev

Hi All,

You are wonderful for making a quilt show for me, but I really had to laugh. I asked where to find the quilts about 1 1/2 weeks ago or so (?), and I finally found my post 25 pages back! LOL You all have the best community here!! I'm having a great time seeing them, but as usual, I'm behind and it will take me awhile to catch up. But what fun I will have doing it!

Anael--Great Day Care Quilt! I'm glad the children are getting a good use of it.

Carriem--I loved your Medallion Daybed quilt. I'm sure that it looks wonderful in your room.

Mirabelle--Thanks for showing both of your quilts; I especially liked the American Rose fabric for the Pony Club.

The Quilt Show continues... Did I tell you how blessed I am?

Hey Mercyland! I was outta town when ya were here a week & a half ago. I'm havin' a hard time catchin' up myself. I'm so glad ta see ya here. I only have about 30 blocks done but did finish one more at my retreat! I messed up & bought my fabric before my book came in & choose patriotic fabric. I'm makin' several subistute blocks. I can't tell ya how much I have learned while makin' this quilt & will continue ta learn as I slowly complete it. Thank ya so much for teachin' me so much.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Hi Laurie!! Now you know why we have to keep track of this thread on a daily basis!!

Yes I like the crazy cow idea too, but have come up with a very sedate table runner with a little twist. The border fabric was gifted to me from another crazy cow lady it has a cream background with a Holstein cow as well as other dairy items in reds and blacks. The barn is from the Quilty Barn sew along project from

http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/...-tutorial.html

I modified an EQ schoolhouse block to fit the 14" block format that the barn is in. Oh the cruel twist is the small 6 1/2" blocks are contrary wife and contrary husband!!!!! I know both my friends have their ups and downs like any other married couple (thinking of another 47 yo marriage!) so makes a perfect pair don't you think?
    I choose the 8 point star for the corner blocks as they have eight children. May change the star to a plain 8 point as these are 4" blocks. Will finish 23 x 41Name:  L&G  50th.BMP
Views: 121
Size:  590.7 KB
    Think I will put a cow fabric in the center of the barn mini quilt.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 06-04-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Mercysland it is us that are blessed to have you to create such beautiful quilts for us to make.

I just have 3 more rounds of the Courthouse Steps blocks and I can start putting my DS's quilt together, hopefully will have something to show on the weekend.

I am spending Friday night with DD so won't be home until after lunch on Saturday.

Have just finished portioning up the Pea and Ham Soup and it tastes so gooooddd.. that will earn me brownie points with DH, its his favourite soup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Thank you all my dear friends. Today's the day. I didn't hear from my DS yet, they're on their way to hospital. I hope he will call once the procedure is done.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Another finish....

Whilst it is not a quilt I have been working on it for the past few months and it has kept my fingers busy at night. This is for DD and I will give it to her on the weekend. DS already has his.

Now to finish the binding on my lap quilt...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

OK--I like the layout you came up with for your friends. Good use of the different blocks to represent the family.

Karen--yummy soup and warm afghan. My great-grandma taught me to crochet. I've done lots of scarves and then tiny lace for trimming clothing, handkerchiefs. She made all of the GGKs afghans like that with the zig-zag; it is still holding up well.

Anael--still praying for Isa...and those of you waiting.

Off to work today...

I am staying an extra night with DD so am leaving first thing in the morning and won't be home until Saturday, will catch up on all the news then.

Football news, we lost the first game (one eyed ref) but two more to be played yet...

Carriem I still have afghan rugs I made more than 20 years ago, I have a beautiful rose one that I don't use that much and I made a pansy one but I sent that to a friend in Hungary.. my hands ache too much now to do too much.
    Karen

OK....well thought out runner. It's the size that will probably be used too.
    Anael....praying....
    JanRN...I too think that you can FMQ. You're trying too hard to be perfect and tense up from your shoulders down through your hands. Try some circles concentrating on the relaxing part and not what it looks like and what it looks like will be less jerky
    QNS...roosters make wonderful meat and your ducks keep you in eggs. Have fun on the shop hop.
    carrie....enjoy work today.
    Mirabelle...one eyed refs are always to blame aren't they. Enjoy your time with DD
    my DH's grandson is here today to help clean up the shed. I got a call that Easy Street is quilted so will pick that up this afternoon. Did get another row on the class project and need to cut some more pieces. QB is acting up today. See you all later.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 06-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.

My DS just called. The procedure has been done, I don't know how Isa's doing though. He will call again as soon as he knows.

My DS just called again. The procedure went well, she has to stay the night in hospital. If all goes well she can go home tomorrow

Blog Entries
    Great news, Anael.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Thanks OK! I love your table runner design!

Awesome news Anael--yay for Isa!!

My co-worker's son was in a bad motorcycle accident about 6 wks ago and his friends are having a benefit dinner & auction. Local businesses and others donated items. I made this Steelers wall-hanging to donate. Don't think they'll get much for it; it will be mostly his 25-30 year old friends but hope it brings a few dollars.Name:  Steelers Table Topper.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  374.4 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Lovely wall hanging GG!

Blog Entries
    Jan you'd be surprised how well it will sell--nicely done. Lots of Steeler's fans in your area? Dumb ?, right?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Great news on Isa, Anael! I hope she is comfortable, poor little girl. She has been through so much. Where are Bram and Mick - home with Mom?

Really neat Steelers wall hanging Jan. You did a great job!

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, Bram and Mick are at my DDIL's parents. My DDIL was with Isa today. I guess they will be home right now and have to go back tomorrow.
    I hope all goes well tonight, if there's any bleeding things go wrong and she will still go blind on her right eye the doctors said. That's why she has to stay. She's not allowed to lay down for hours after the procedure.

Prayers for Isa taday!
    Bev

Oh! Aneal, my prayers are with you and your family! Baby Isa is such a beautiful baby... it is difficult to imagine ANYTHING holding her back
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Lots to read tonight from today; great news about Isa; Love the quilt show of all that hard work, Girls!

Made it to Des Moines, three shops: Quilt block, at he heart of quilting, and Creekside then on to Heart of Quilting, on to Quilters Cupboard, and Quilters Connection at Ames. and Neveda's Block Party. Neat quilt shops; so happy bf was drivng in all that traffic; we only got lost a couple of times...my directional meter inside me was not working right...brought home BBQ food from Ames for dh (we were there at 3:30pm and I got home at nine o'clock and heated the supper up for dh who was too tired to heat it up for himself. More on trip tomorrow. Good night to everyone.

Anael—I loved seeing the pictures of the babies and Mick that you posted a week or so back. My prayers are
    with you all, too.

Mirabelle—Beautiful purple afghan. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

dublb—You are not the only one who learned a lot from sewing the quilts. Me, too! Samplers are so much
    fun.

janRN—Loved your Steeler wall quilt. (I'll hide that comment from my Green Bay Packer family I think it will raffle for more than you expect. I went on my quilt tour tonight and saw your PC quilt with the baby blocks on the beautiful blue border. It came out great!

oksewglad—Yes, I love all the things that this group shares--truly. I enjoyed seeing your PC work in progress. I like playing with EQ, too.

QuiltE—You made a wonderful PC quilt. I really enjoyed the addition of the extra blocks. My personal favorites are the pig and the cow. Thanks for posting your FW quilt, too. I especially liked the rich colors of the green and tan, and your quilting is simply beyond gorgeous!

JeanieG—Please tell me about the border on your PC quilt. Are those solid (not pieced) blocks of fabric, I can't quite tell? However you did it, I loved how it came out.

Thanks so much to all of you who posted your quilts again for me to see. I enjoyed my tour very much. I hope that I didn't miss any quilts, but if I did, please tell me.

Drive by post .......... can't stop and read!

Busy with WORK ... and getting ready for the Fair this weekend.
    Have most everything ready ........... then today I get a call that my Pony is ready at the LAQ!

Yipppppppppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked it up .... though I don't think it's humanly possible to get the binding on and ready for the show. I'm going to take a stab at it ... but not getting my hopes up.

Will catch up with y'all this weekend after entries are in on Friday!

Meanwhile ... hope all is well with one and all ....... and you're all having a FUN time!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 169 of 542 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 168 169 170 179 219 269 ... LastLast