Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 170 of 542 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 169 170 171 180 220 270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

It's been hot the last few days 109*F for 2 days in a row. Now a cold front is blowin' in. I do mean blowin', up ta 70 MPH winds. It'll be cooler tamarrow, in the upper 80's or lower 90's.
    #2DSon showed me this & it is true. Summer came the same way.

http://twolumps.net/d/20071001.html
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Too funny Dublb!

Good luck, QuiltE!!

Thanks, GrannyQ, for the house picture. Will be in your area in the next week, I think. Although no QS located in your town that is in the Quilt Iowa Hop. Did get the official Iowa Fabric for shop hoppers.

QuiltE, sure you can. Just work on it all night and you'll be done in the morning
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Mercysland my FWSQ without binding...fence at bottom and scenes of farming at the top. ..each block tells dgs about my memories from the farm on which I grew up on, being raised by foster grandparents. It is one of a kind. Uniqiue. Priceless to me. Thanks for printing your book and giving the rest of us the opportunity to enjoy the journey together in making it. It (the quilt) is now bound and hanging on my great room wall.

Merciland...here is a link to my finished Pony quilt. http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...06507-201.html. The extra blocks are still waiting for another go at them and the bonus blocks are simmering. When I first started the PC quilt I didn't like the size if the block at all because I couldn't easily use my templates. Go figure....I'm now working on two quilts with that size block!
    QuiltE....merrily she sews along...all the live long day.
    QNS...glad the baby waited and you got some hopping in.
    OK...how is the field work coming in your neck of the woods? Some of the corn here is jumping out of the ground and is already close to knee high. We saw second cutting alfalfa yesterday. The weather has been perfect for it this year.
    Dubib....what an adventure with the car. So glad that the warranty covered it and you got home safely.
    Mirabelle...do you have quilty time planned with your DD?
    JanRN...I saw your so comments in the thread about BOM's. Maybe it's about time for us to start another one so your closet in the box doesn't get any fuller. This mystery block is a lot if fun though.
    i picked up Easy Street yesterday and stayed at the LQS for Wednesday with Winnie and trimmed it since they have a larger cutting table. People come in to sew and Winnie is available to help if they run into a problem. I forgot how much fun those ladies were! Nothing is off limits to talk about and the laughter can be heard out in the store. DH's DGS went home last night is the house is quiet today. It's hair cut and grocery shopping day but will have some time in the sewing room. Have a good day, all!!!

Here is the link to Ggal's quilt...she was kind enough to claim mine as her own...but needs credit for her beautiful quilt! http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5912576

Yesterday's FART yielded this :Name:  DSCN0070.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  54.7 KBand where we ate and another book:Name:  DSCN0072.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  40.5 KB

Yes, I agree Carrie, GardenGal did a great job, and so did you.

Block party in Neveda, Iowa, does the slogan themes and we thought that finished the day off nicely. BF got the ones from cancer patients (written by a cancer patient who has since died), Sister, and Mother. Kona charms is what each shop is giving its Passport customers...one per person...with business cards or sayings.

Nice stuff QNS

Isa's home again. All went well, she's doing great!
    Bram is going to have his surgery soon, he's having problems because of his hernia's so something has to be done.

Blog Entries
    Oh Hickory Park for lunch!! So far in June haven't stepped into a quilt shop yet, but do want to get some Iowa fabric to use for family members who left the state. Have an errand trip tomorrow and may stop at Red Roxy's.

GGal-Thanks for the concern. DH gets stuck in the hay field that he wants to take first crop off of and then put in sorghum sudan because of the winter kill. Had ground ready and then got an inch of rain. Maybe in a day or so we can get some corn planted. The prevent plant portion of crop insurance is not an option for us as we need the feed/forage to feed the cows. Saw a local news report and their conclusion was commodity prices are going to rices and food prices as well--is this an aha moment that 2 years of poor crops will result in people having to pay more for food. Morale in this part of the country isn't the greatest.

Gotta dash--have a 2 yo this morning.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Red Roxy Must be a local QS? We did not make it to Crazy Redhead Quilting in Newton yet. Trying for Southeast and Southwest areas...Southwest covers a large area including Des area where we were yesterday. And the 'official' Iowa fabric is hard to come by with most of the stores sold out now. Yes, I was thinking of dgs and 'adopted' gkids on the one fabric.

Crop outlook did not look good yesterday in the places we were. Have you raised Sudan Grass before, OK ?? our experience and dh's family experience was not good...we stacked ours with lots of salt to 'cure' it...and it cut skin where ever it made contact. Dh's family had a hard time getting their cows to eat it.

Yes, its clouding up again here, and looks like more rain....Sunshine this morning. Back to work on MB some more; guess it is sooooo simple that is sooo hard to do. Third time is supposed to be a charm, right? Or someone may get it for a charity block.

Anael - Yeah, Isa is home and doing great - such great news!!!

Mercysland - The border on my PC quilt are 5" squares of left over "pony" fabric I wanted to use up. I just sewed 1 1/2" strips between each 5" square for the border. I like how it turned out. I also made a pieced backing of many more pieces of the left over fabric.

QNS - so glad you got to go on your shop hop, I've never gone on one! It sounds like fun, especially if you have a friend to go with. I don't have a quilting friend here!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I'm tryin' ta git caught up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    This is the wall hanging I made. The design is called Modern Celtic and is from Quilter's World Summer 2013.
    The second picture is a close up of the FMQ.
    Attachment 415148Attachment 415149
    Gosh this is sure purdy!
    Bev

Attachment 415374

Bram and Isa were home at about 11 am. It was a very emotional moment for all of us. When I went home this afternoon they were sound asleep
    I don't know if I'm going to visit them tomorrow. I would love to but I think my DS and DDIL want some quiet time with the twins and Mick.
    I took Mick for a walk this morning as he felt a bit left out.
    This pict brought tears o' joy ta these tired eyes.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    I think we should each make a MB block for Mercyland
    I agree!!!
    Bev

Karen, I'm sorry Sammy isn't feeling any better. He looks quite comfy with his quilt!

Thanks everyone for explaining 4-H. I still don't have any ideas what block to make though!

Here's my latest wall hanging in progress. I need 2 more borders, 1 very narrow one and one broader. But I need to take a shower first It's 11 am already and I started sewing at about 7 am
    Tell me what you think!
    Attachment 415524Attachment 415525
    Oh,oh,oh I have that fabric!!! Your attic window is a great way ta use it.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

Question for Y'All ... What is the easiest batting to hand quilt?
    I'm wanting to sandwich my small GFG and want to make sure I make the quilting as easy as possible, being that I will be working thru the backing, batting and then the seam allowances, which when folded around in the GFG, could amount to several layers.

Suggestions, please!
    And THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    You've probably already addressed this but wool battin' is the easiest ta hand quilt through w/poly bein' the next.
    Bev

I think its Connecting threads that rates each batting on its site. Superior threads will rate the thread and suggest needles for each, I think.

www.EmbroideryLibrary.com has lots of free patterns we were told yesterday. Have not checked it out yet. Finished MB for the month and sent it to the judge. BF has lots of health issues and on a close baby/watch/wait; but if the baby doen't decide to be born on Monday, will go again. Probably the rest will wait until after the baby is born, when bf will bring her dh with her, and they will stay in 'their' bedroom here and go from here to the Eastern sites.

EmbroideryLibrary doesn't have many free patterns but they do have new ones each month. When you do a Google search for free embroidery patterns you will find a lot. They're not all good quality though. I had a look on my computer to see if I have a quitar outline but I don't. I have guitar designs but not only outline.

I can't keep up with everybody's news so forgive me if I missed something.

Anael... great news about Isa. Now we'll get Bram through his next challenge. Those little ones have been through so much and they just keep getting cuter.

QNS.. sound like you had a fun shop hop and got some loot, too.

I have been slaving in the garden and doing some cooking to take on our next trip to the grandkids down south. I haven't been sewing much, just a bit of FMQ practice. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe I'll get down to the sewing room then.

Here's a few pics of my garden that I took just a few minutes ago.

Lady Slippers and Mimulus
    Name:  audrey 006.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  333.7 KB

Prairie Anenome
    Name:  audrey 009.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  324.1 KB

Forget me Nots

Name:  audrey 010.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  326.7 KB

Penstemon

Name:  audrey 007.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  326.9 KB

Audrey the Amaryllis and the 5 year old twins

Name:  audrey 001.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  328.1 KB

Janie - beautiful flowers, and cute, cute twins! Good to hear from you!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Love seeing your flower gardens and enjoy the fact you did label them so I can tell what they are. Twins look so cute and irresistible, with the charm inherited from grandparents?

Jeanie, how's the remodel coming on? I hope its moving along for you.

Love the good news about the SEW GRANDS, Anael.

QNS - Remodel has been at a stand still for over two weeks. Insurance Company is dragging their feet something fierce. So frustrating! Been playing phone tag today with my rep. We are going camping with our group next week, so probably will have nothing done while we are away. I am so hating this!!!

Jeanie, there is a state insurance board that you can talk too...and maybe that will hurry up your company. Might be worth a try...most do not like people to do that...and there are probably other choices as well to get your company into action. I just know about the state boards...after living in Texas and having the water problem that caused the main floor to be totally replaced...actually the bank that loaned us the monies to put it back up into shape helped us too. We got instant results and work done promptly. Good luck to you. At least you are in your RV and not staying at a motel; wonder if the insurance would move faster if they were paying for your motel bill; maybe you should charge them for every night you have to spent in your RV. just a thought.

QNS - actually we are staying in our house. I have set up a make shift kitchen with microwave and toaster oven and our refrigerator in the garage. I can use the RV, as it is in front of our house if I need to. The over the cooktop microwave/convection oven is still in place too, so I have used that to bake in. It is just so darn inconvenient!

Blog Entries
    It's so wonderful to see how we share in this group.
    Janie the flowers are so delicate and pretty--the boys are strong and handsome! Lady Slippers grow in the wild here--and are hard to find--I know a couple of secret places. Thanks for sharing
    QNS--sorghum sudan: we will be chopping it for silage--takes the edge off. Oh I hope I can find some Iowa fabric tomorrow! Our smaller stores away from the larger urban areas may not see it fly out so fast. It is a fun fabric isn't it? Red Roxy is a mother daughter team who just purchased LQS in Decorah this winter.
    Jeanie--it's a good thing you can get away from the chaos in the house and enjoy friends and nature! Hope MrJG has fully recuperated.
    "whirlwind flash"= QE on a drive thru
    Night all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 170 of 542 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 169 170 171 180 220 270 ... LastLast