Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM

Bev, I hope your DDIL and the baby will be ok!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Anael & Dublb, prayers goin' your way for smooth sailing from here on in..Life can be such a struggle at times...

I have an idea for a go round but it's not a swap...it's similar to the bblocks... once a month we make a 12.5 inch block which will go to a designated person chosen by a # dropped in a hat... we could do this for as many months for the # of persons signed up...we currently have 13-15??? we could make it a mystery by having one person in charge of knowing ahead who will be getting the blocks that month by giving info as to what kind of fabric ie: holiday, batiks, oriental, western, color, etc. I don't think it would be very costly as you'd be only sending one block folded to fit a business size envelope... depending on how well you flatten the block it would generally be only one stamp, one block a month...This could be in addition to anything else we decide to do... we could PM the person in charge what we like...fabrics, colors, types of blocks and your dislikes... all related to quilting that is We could post photos because the person receiving wouldn't know that the block is theirs...I think!!! I hope I made this clear enough to understand???? what do you think??? please be honest..I think it would be fun!!!

Here is a photo of the sample I made ...it's not finished..it will get a single border with cornerstones...the block is called Pinwheel and it's from Forestquilting.com....these are the blocks that our little quilting group in the Village at Calabash are making for a charity quilt to be donated...they are doing it very scrappy...
Attached Thumbnails pinwheel-010.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM

OK I'm leavin' in just a minuet, but just had ta come back here one more time.
First at 35 weeks, even if DDIL has him it'll be ok. His lungs will work just fine & he'll be able ta function just fine. The Dr just wants ta be sure. So I'm gonna help as much as I can.
I like your idea Honchey. I also like the idea o' stayin' here & postin' whatever we all are workin' on, includin' UFO's. & this swap that ya mentioned. We then could do another project tagether & make another thread for it. If we git other people ta join us for the other projects that's ok. Even if we all don't do the other project we can all post there & encourage each other.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM

Bev, a sigh of relief here. I hope he will wait a bit more.

I won't start another project any time soon. So I will be here to give you updates on what's going on here and hopefully encourage you when needed. I keep forgetting things and one of them is cheering you all on with what you're doing. I feel bad about that, I love all the work you all showed here and in other threads. I just forget to comment on it. One day........LOL
Back to the sewing machine and making some more smocks! Will take a picture when they're ready. Tomorrow I will bring them to my DDIL.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM

Here's what I've made today from the flannel Mirabelle sent me. There's still a lot left!
It's nice and warm and so soft, I love it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394786[/ATTACH]
On the left in the picture 4 sheets. The blue one has planes and balloons.
Attached Thumbnails sheet.smocks-12.02.13-576-x-432-.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM

I just read all the posts, I didn't do that before.

GG, they both gained about 10 oz since birth. I think that's great!

QuiltE, yes I saw it in the other thread. I love the birthday block! Kitty is doing ok, she's attacking me all day so she's back to her old self again She's gained weight too, that's a good thing because she lost too much weight. And yes, she wants a larger snuggle, this one isn't comfy enough.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

~~~~
waves back to DDamsel!!! got your lace ready for your PC?
~~~~

Anael ... For these wee ones, weight gain is all good ... what do they weigh now? And yea, for little dresses aka smocks to be worn now! Now that first one looks like it's a Valentine's Dress. Sew Cute!! Fashion statements start!! And such good news that Isa has now been held, and soon Bram. Friends that had a preemie at roughly the same stage and size (now he's a teenager), she didn't get to hold and cuddle him for a long long time. When their DD was born, OMG, she got all the hugs that didn't get used for the first born.

DublB ... what a great MIL you must be! Pamper that MTB as you await your new DGC. EVery day that the babe waits, another day of growth.

Honchey ... those blocks are beautiful and like a breath of spring!!! Great idea on the block exchange. Or perhaps we could continue the theme from month to month, so that the blocks would coordinate at the end to make into something? instead of having a bunch of orphan blocks. Just a thought! Certainly would not be the time commitment when only making one block. And as you said, the postage would not be outlandish.

Anael ... and as I get to the end of the thread, I see a whole wardrobe has been created! What a wonderful Oma you are, indeed!

............. Although, I do fear that Anael might be trying these out on Kitty!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Bev prayers coming your way that everything goes well.

Honchey I like your idea, only costs $2.20 to send a small envelope to the US from Aus. could be a lot of fun.

Anael I am glad the parcel arrived in time and that there was enough flannel for you. I hope the other parcels are well received I love your little smocks, you are certainly been busy..

Now to have breakfast and start my day, DH will be home today so best do some grocery shopping today
Old 02-12-2013, 01:06 PM

Mirabelle, they didn't get the other ones yet as my DS and DDIL had to go home right away. So I will bring them tomorrow together with the sheets and smocks. I will let you know what they said
Old 02-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
............. Although, I do fear that Anael might be trying these out on Kitty!
NOOOOOOOOOO, my Kitty is not into dresses And I don't like more attacks!