Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 110 of 542 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 109 110 111 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Haleluyah, Haleluyah, Haleluyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I am so happy it finally arrived....you have no idea!!!!

Hmmmmmm...I'm also happy that you love it.. love it.. love it !!!

Pony Express delivers everytime!!!

ooooooooooooh .... and well worth the wait!

ITA that we all need to mail earlier to get MiraB's MBs to her much earlier!
    Waiting is no fun.

Good Luck tomorrow, Honchey ... I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Who is yet to receive their March block?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DD--praying you had a blessed drive today.

QNS--isn't it nice to have the sewing room picked up again? I have to clean off my tables more often than not or it really bothers me.

Honchey--praying surgery goes well tomorrow. Great MB for Mirabelle!! Good use of blues and yellow. I am good to send out Mirabelle's block early. Since the Canadian ladies sent to each other we aren't sure yet how long it will take for theirs to arrive.

Mirabelle--hope you had a nice time in the sewing room after 3 days away! I know it was nice to get back to the clubhouse after 2 weeks of no sewing.

Today I got the rest of my extra blocks done for the BB quilt and also sashing between them....all blocks are in rows and ready to be quilted. I will get as much as I can finished tomorrow (QAYG by the row), then once my label block arrives I will finish it up. I am going to try a "flanged binding" on this quilt...blue as the main color with the cream sashing fabric as the "flange".

Thanks all of you for wishing me well tomorrow...I mentioned to the receptionist that tomorrow, April 2, was the date my Mom Passed and she responded with "Things happen for a reason and she will be with you tomorrow"...uncanny, huh??

Oh wow! (I know I say this every time I leave town) 10 pages while I was in Brady. I guess at some time we will have internet there, but not now.
    So much happened while I was gone.
    Anael, The most important is the picts o' the twins.
    DD I want ya ta know that my prayers are w/ya taday. {{{{{{{{HUGGS}}}}}}}}}
    Honchey I'm a prayin' for your surgery tamarrow!
    Everybody, I'll be 52 at the end o' this month. I feel younger & prettier than I did at age 30, (except for these aching joints, the bad back, Oh & the carpal tunnel. LOL) It took DH 20 years ta convince me I was pretty. I've "realized" it for the last 10 years. It shows in my posture, in my smile, in how I take care o' myself, & in the way, I now don't hide behind my own make-believe wall. When any o' us show our inner self's we are pretty, 'cause we were made that way!!! So I'm not old & I sure don't want ta be young either if bein' young means that I won't know this about myself. We are all, where each o' us is meant ta be at this time. All right now I'm rambling. I hope I'm makin' some sense.
    PS
    Granny Q, I'm glad that ya like your block. I learned alot while makin' it.
    PSS What else was I gonna say??? & ta who????? I'll remember late inta the night & forget tamarrow. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

dublb--did you get your MB while you were away?

We haven't seen OK's block yet (I know she was pretty busy the last week, especially over the weekend).

Those are the only two that I don't have pictures saved for (I have decided to save them in folders with your names on them so I can watch how your "quilts" are coming together.)

No it didn't git here while I was gone. I sure thought it would be.
    Bev

Honchey hope your surgery goes well tomorrow and you will soon be on the mend. I am not liking this keyboard at the moment, can you tell where my new paragraph starts DS didn't come over today, think he might be avoiding his technology challenged mother and yet my last employment was as a Senior Administration Officer for a Government Department in charge of the budget and working in finance programs all day long.....and previous to that in a Bank doing small business and consumer lending and my computer still befuddles me Bev I loved your words of wisdom, yes we are where we are supposed to be in this world. What a smart husband you have, he could see your inner beauty all along. Carriem I love that you are keeping folders of our blocks, my first one is proudly pinned to my design wall, can't wait for the next one..
    Karen

Mirabelle....I was so hoping your MB would get to you soon! Honchey, such an unusual block and well worth waiting for! I agree that we should get yours in the mail earlier than the 15th.
    Honchey...thinking of you today. Hope your procedure goes well.
    Dubib...welcome back from Brady. Loved your rambling. It's such a revelation when we start to see our own beauty and embrace it!
    Me...I got one quilt bound yesterday and worked outside in the garden for over an hour. Today, hopefully another binding done and more garden work although at the moment, I'm itching to redo the April block. I'm having trouble getting the corners to come out right without having points in the seam allowance. Not good.

Hi Everyone, woke up this a.m. with 2 swollen knuckles....I can't wait to take my Celebrex... I sewed until 2 a.m. I guess the anticipation got to me..I had some rice pudding just before bed....

Mirabelle, when browsing thru my software for stars It seemed they all looked alike to me until I saw this one..most of them have the center point where 8 seams come together or the dreaded "Y" seam and I had enough of that with both FWS...this one called Woven Star kept calling to me ..It's a very simple block really when you take the sections apart...and...it's paper pieced!!!!
    Dublb...I hope your block gets to you soon...I'm sure there's a reason as to why it isn't....Glad you had a nice time in Brady...That's quite a distance from where you currently live...I checked it out on Google earth...
    15 more minutes before my pre-med then another 15 before we leave for my appointment...I'm not scared...I just want to get it over with....Unless by some miracle I have no after pain and I'm not totally doped up I'll see y'all later...H.

Good luck Honchey! You can come here totally doped Would love to see that, I know I'm acting weird when doped

Mirabelle, gorgeous MB! I love those colours!

Bev, you're not rambling at all! I too love your words of wisdom.

I have to back to the dentist Nothing special, lucky me! No oral surgery, had enough of those already. Last time I had an appointment with the surgeon, he looked in his agenda for an appointment and told me 'oh, we can do it now'.....and he did! No time to get scared, no time to prepare. My face was black and blue for over a week!

Thursday it's twins time again! First time I will see them in their cribs. I would love to hold one of them but I'm afraid to ask. Besides, I think it's their parents' right to hold them, they only see them a few times a week. I can hold them when they're home.

I wanted to quilt a table topper I made for my DDIL. Used Elmer's Glue for the first time and now I have to wait till it's dry! I ironed it but it's still wet. I guess for small projects it's faster to pin the whole thing. I would love to spray baste but those cans are so expensive At my LQS I pay about $ 20 for one can! Bit too much for my liking! I won't have time to finish the topper today anyway as I have to go to a meeting tonight.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I did not notice an answer to your question. Anael, about sandpaper on the back of your templates; here are some clear round circles that Hobby Lobby, maybe JoAnn's has at the top of the picture. Also are the "Cool Tool" set that works great with this free pattern from Blank called "Pansy Passions II".Name:  DSCN0078.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  112.3 KBName:  DSCN0079.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  78.2 KB The little plastic circles stick to the template without 'hiding' any lines. Twelve blocks make a 'throw quilt', in a three by four block arrangement. The pansy fabric has a gold outline around each flower, but you may not see clearly in the picture. I have gotten other similar templates from Quilt in a Day and other places, including Maria Mitchell, but these work the best.

Thank you QNS! Now to find those clear plastic circles here! Your pansie fabric is gorgeous, I think I would pin the whole piece of fabric on my design wall and admire it. It's too beautiful to cut into pieces And yes, I see the gold outline around each flower. I LOVE it!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Just getting caught up with yinz after the holiday and working more hours again. They talk about the bad economy and people needing jobs but we hire and then they call in sick once a week and we only work a 4 day week! These are mostly gals just starting their first jobs so I guess they haven't developed a work ethic yet. Have you ever called in sick to your job because you went to a concert last night and got wasted????? Yep-and that's at least someone being honest about why they're calling off. I'm too old for this crap LOL!!! Alrighty now--my Enter key won't work. Hmmm--gremlins?? Thanks for posting the beautiful blocks-always puts a smile on my face to check in here and see all the "candy". Not going to type any more; hate no paragraphs!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Is that my MB , QNS ??????. That pansy fabric is gorgeous. I'm sure that must be coming my way this month!

Honcehey, Hope all went well and that you will be feeling ok asap.

JanRN, I have never called in sick because I went to a concert the night before and got wasted, mainly because I have never gone to a concert the night before and got wasted. I am so old school I used to drag myself to work when I didn't feel well, if I wasn't contagious.

I had the day from H.E. double hockey sticks in the sewing room today. I had what I considered to be just enough of the perfect fabric for my April MB and I went and cut it wrong so now I have to go to plan B. Arggggg.

Bev, You weren't rambling, just sharing how wise you are. I hope some of that will rub off on me.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

What's going on with you ladies and your keyboards...specifically the enter key??

Well today I was going to start quilting my BB quilt, but have decided I want to use the blue fabric to alternate rows on the back so will wait until Friday to start that (when I have more blue after working). Instead I made a bag to match the quilt I finished last week...

I emailed my friend to tell her it was done and she said "did you have enough fabric to make a bag?" I completely forgot she had asked for that when we were talking at the retreat. We (my friend and I who organize the retreat) gave the attendees "retreat sheets" for their gift last year so she (who is getting the quilt) thought it would be great to have something to keep them all together in. I just pieced together the scraps and had another yard of the same flower in the orange fabric only in a light green, so used that for the lining.

Tomorrow a friend is coming over for lunch and some time in the clubhouse. I am going to work on table runners with the FFC FQ and another one using some of the fabric given to me by a couple of you for hosting the BB swap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

QNS--that is a pretty pansy block. I have some of that fabric on a pillow...it was in a kit from a kids class a friend and I taught a few years ago.

Janie--you posted while I was typing my other post...sorry about the mess in the sewing room. That is very frustrating!! I am sure your "plan B" will be great!
    Last edited by carriem; 04-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Anael I get 3 large quilt tops basted from 1 can of spray baste, they are $16 here. Ok my enter button worked when typing an e-mail so maybe the gremlins are here Love you pansy block QNS, so pretty, I have a set of those rulers, they are great to work with, perfect points every time. OK time to clean the freezer and spend some time in my sewing room today. Have a great day everyone
    Karen

No, Janie, the pansy block is for a friend or cousin that I promised to them more than a year ago; have a trio of ideas that is a work in progress, then they will choose which one they want after they have been quilted. However, the world is full of surprises; we never really know what tomorrow will bring. Thank you all for your wonderful comments on the pansy block. Had to have some 'color' and floral fabrics in a block.

JanRN, I think I would rather the ones with hang-overs would stay home, and not come tend to me if I were sick and in the hospital. But if it became a habit, maybe the administration should look at their records and replace them....unless they were at the same parties.

Carrie, neat bag. That is project on my back burner, is the 'promised' bag for AIL.

Problem solved, if anyone is having problems using their Enter key, in the menu bar directly above the first two buttons are A's, press the first one, it say Switch Editor to Source Mode, click on this button.
    The Second Button has an X over the A's that say Remove Format, this will remove the Enter function.

Maybe I have to bake a Chicken Pie on the weekend, good news is I have a new keyboard
    Karen

I should have said directly above the Quick Reply Text Box
    Karen

Sue - I just love the pansy block, & yes I do see the gold around the flowers!
    Carrie - A perfect bag for your friends perfect quilt.
    Hooray for
    Karen 'cause she figured the enter key problem!
    Bev

It's rainin' in Brady & more importantly in between Brady & Eden. That is the floodplains for the lake!
    Bev

Mirab, I'm trying your suggestion.

Yay!! It worked you are a genius. I hunted all over the tool bar for the A's and couldn't find them--thank you!

QNS, I certainly wasn't suggesting the employee come to work with a hangover. I was surprised at her honesty (most would have said they had the flu) and disappointed in her lack of work ethic (if she knew she was scheduled to work she shouldn't have gotten wasted).
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN have to give credit to DS, he figured it out for me..

Have just been contacted by my longarmer and my Pony Club Quilt is on the frame yay, she is hoping to have it finished by next Friday double yay. I am so excited to see what she is planning for this quilt. I have seen some of her work and it is out of this world. Will keep you all up to date on progress
    Karen

Page 110 of 542 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 109 110 111 120 160 210 ... LastLast