Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Little self promotion here QE! Oh and I've decided to back out of the SYE--too much time and too many UFO's.

Jeanie's starting to unpack. Honchey's playing BINGO. Oh and DD drops in once in a while.

Tickeled that I've got my Sept block done!
Now that's not the update I wanted to read/see!! ... you being a dropout!
(though I do understand) .... proud of you for having your Sept MB done!
Not that I don;t have UFOs too!

ahem! .... I did see those darling minis already ... remember, I counted and noted one child was missing in the church/school ones!

Yeaaaaaaaaa for JeanieG and unpacking!!!!
BINGO for Honchey??? imagine that!
DDamsel ... bet she's enjoying the kids being in school!!! And probably spends the rest of the day cuddling those Sugar Pups!

Still hoping for a good read later tonight ... first supper, then pack for tmro, then sit and read ............
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

ahem! .... I did see those darling minis already ... remember, I counted and noted one child was missing in the church/school ones!

Some of us have better memories than others
Old 09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

Alrighty Ladies .... I am caught up again.

I'll fess ... I have my share of UFOs too! Keep plugging away!

First of all, thanks Anael, for your synopsis ... somehow I missed it when I dumped your bushel of splenda for you! At least I found it when I did my reading! Ode to Mom is splendid ... what was her favourite colour? Could you use it for your borders? Or what about a white then a narrow colour and then wide white? Perhaps a scalloped or wave edge? and with coloured binding?

Lots of pretties shown ... only one MB .... was that the last?

Thanks GGal ... for coming forth and telling us that you had made DublBs block ... it really is lovely! OUCH! re your toe injury. Great idea for your LQS to offer discount to you and your buddies for your birthday party celebrations!!!

And MiraB, is our birthday girl ... you;'ll already be celebrating!! Sweet young lady receiving her Raggedy Quilt. And please tell DD how happy I am for her!!!! Here's wishing those sparks keep flying ... what a change for all of you, with two new people into her life, and your family! Happy for all of you!

This will be JanieWs UK trip, I think? When you catch up JanieW, do hope that it was the best thing ever for the two of you. Any Royal sitings?

Lots of baking going on!!
Anael ... that pie ... was it lemon pudding with pineapple in it? That took me down memory lane, as that's one my Mom used to make when we were kids. Been yrs since I had that and oh how I loved it. Will have to make it one of these times.

OKSGlad ... now that's another top notch mini! When I first saw it ... I saw a lattice top pie in the centre .... and thought the border was fruit ... NOT! A busy farm time ahead for you ... any chance for a whirlwind Madison journey this yr? My cow news ... read in the Jersey breeder of an EX by our Laser bull ... belonging to DDIL/DS of MamaBear here on the QB!!!

JeanieG ... happy unpacking .. and with carpet on its way. Looks like the time is a-coming for life to get somewhat back to normal for you!

JanRN ... any decision yet, returning to work? partial retirement? or retiring again? It's a tough one, I'm sure. Consider how you really feel and how draining or easy it is on you. When faced with similar, I usually sit down and try to do a rational list of pros and cons. Quantity isn't the answer ... the quality of how each list speaks is what helps me make the big decision. Good Luck! Just remember that you need to do what is right for YOU ... and only YOU!!!!!!!

DDamsel ... Time to let your your DHsDD know the "real" name of that recipe? There;s also a Sex in the Pan recipe you might want to try!

QNSue ... good luck at your Dr appt and yes, get those other tests done.

All ... sorry that I have not commented directly to everyone ... I'm kind of winging it here, as to what I remembered. No notes made as I went!

And now I am shutting this computer off ... heading to bed ... and tmro will hit the road again!
(no one guessed yet, as to where and what!!!)

Will be back again on Monday ( I think!)

Last edited by QuiltE; 09-06-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 AM

And now I am shutting this computer off ... heading to bed ... and tmro will hit the road again!
(no one guessed yet, as to where and what!!!)

Will be back again on Monday ( I think!)[/QUOTE]

....hummmmm an international trip....to the USA!!!

.....or......a rendezvous with a special someone you haven't told us about..... You go girl!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:15 AM

HI QuiltE!!!!
you are just a big tease!!! WHERE are you going!!! and WHERE is the Sex in a pan recipe!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 AM

DD, sex in a pan is post # 6053
Old 09-07-2013, 03:46 PM

Quiet day here...everyone must be enjoying their Saturday (Sunday). I spent some time in the clubhouse today...did a little quilting on the airplane quilt and worked on something for DH (see post #479 for pictures: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...210452-48.html)

Since I couldn't sew as much as I wanted (still trying to follow PT "rules"), I chose backings for a few table runners that just need to be quilted..got those cut as well as the batting and bindings. Tomorrow during my break from sewing I will cut out a couple purses I am making for gifts. Then when the airplane quilt is all done--hopefully by next weekend--I will get some of these little projects finished by the end of the month.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM

I'm home !!!!! very very very tired and brain dead, will check my camera tomorrow and if the pics are acceptable will show you some of the madness from the weekend.

Saturday morning at breakfast, the lovely lady who organises this weekend, Nola, got everyone's attention and in a very loud and gruff voice said she wanted me at the front of the room. I immediately told her I was innocent, didn't do it, don't know what happened, not my fault etc etc then she proceeded to tell everyone it was my birthday and I was presented with a Happy Birthday sash and crown, which I had to wear all day, but it kept slipping THEN I found out that DH had rung her and told her to surprise me, boy is he in trouble

SO there is a photo somewhere, its just whether it is presentable or not

I am going to have a nap and will chat to you all later...
Old 09-07-2013, 08:16 PM

Oh Mirabelle - that is a wonderful DH you have! What a neat thing for him to do! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!!!! I can't wait to see the photos. Hugs! I don't know what Yahoo did, but it will not let me change the color. Oh Well!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 AM

Mirabelle, you better post that picture
Great to hear you had a good time and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Here's the UFO I've been working on the past few days. Still have to do the borders but I want a break now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]434646[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails oh-my-stars1.jpg