Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 159 of 542 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 158 159 160 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thank you QNS.

Here is my PC quilt. As you can see I only used 8 blocks.
    Name:  DeMarke1 (474 x 654).jpg
Views: 98
Size:  84.3 KB
    and here how it's used in the Day Care Centre:
    Name:  De Marke.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  32.5 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Here is one of my PC quilts. It is on a built in "day bed" in our living room. I am making another with red as the sashing/border.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wonderful Carrie! If I would lay out a quilt like that my killer kitty would make it her own in no time! I think I don't want that, she will be using it to sharpen her nails as well

Here are my two quilts, Farmers Wife Sampler made using predominantly Civil War fabrics which was a huge step out of my comfort zone. The second quilt is my Pony Club Sampler using the fabric line American Rose Banner. It has been quilted but I can't find the photos of it

Hope you enjoy our quilt show Laurie

Karen

Anael that is a beautiful wallhanging and I love your quilting
    Karen

Anael--I agree with Karen on the wall hanging...very pretty! There are normally some throw pillows on the bed and we put an older quilt over the top of my PC one so the dogs can lay up there. Our cat doesn't visit the living room very often (she and the dogs don't get along, they just co-habitat) so I don't have to worry about her tearing it up.

Karen--I don't think I ever saw your FW, but both quilts are great.

All of my pics are on my other computer :O I will hunt them down

!!!!GoodMorning!!!! everyone

Im off to take little grandson home, must make a stop to buy batting and more thread cones! I didnt make baby blankets for all of these kids when they were babies... now they are big enough to pick from my stash Im getting the quilts done so ALL of the kids will be COVERED.

Yes, this DhDD has 7 kids and I have 4, most of them are in the same age group! it makes it SUPER fun to get together, I didnt realize that my 8yr old son has turned into the ringleader! he is smaller than most of the grands but he makes up for it in spirit! he was bouncing from rock to rock like a mountain goat! SIGH..... he broke his arm last summer... lets see if he gets through this summer unscathed!!!

Have a GOOD one Ladies!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Oooooooh a PC and FWS quilt show!!! Yippeeee!!!!
    I'll go and get my pics and post again soon!

Anael
    ... don't sell yourself short, you did more than one PC!

It's so nice to go back and re-look at all these wonderful quilts!
    So FUN to see Anael's and CarrieM's PCs being used!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CarrieM ... Thanks for the hint to make strips wider and trim to precision/squaring. This block has me intimidated, for some reason! Perhaps another date today, with MrCarrieM?

MiraB
    ... thanks for the extra tips! Makes total sense re busy fabrics, simpler quilting ... plain fabrics more elaborate. I think in the past I was lazy and did not pay a lot of attention to quilting designs, being that I did not do it. This last year, I've paid more attention, and yet, almost feel as though I know, no more! Or am I just more confused??

Marking ... I use Frixxions but mostly for wrong side markings. I have found they can bleach the fabrics when ironed off, so am hesitant when doing top work. The old test-test-test is vital!

Anael ... two fabrics, and what a classic look to it. And even in my autumn colours! I tried zooming in to see the FMQ, but can't get a good look of it. Darn!! Looks like an open feather sort of design?

DDamsel ... yes, shop shop shop for more quilting supplies and get that machine singing along!! Be sure to get what is needed to quilt your PC!! We want to see that barbed wire!! As for your DS, perhaps he is just following in his Mother's footsteps? A little of monkey see-monkey do?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Did I QuiltE? I don't remember making more PC quilts

I took another picture of the quilting and changed it a bit with Picture Manager. Maybe you can see it better now? It's some kind of paisley design.
    Name:  Modern Celtic quilting (576 x 432).jpg
Views: 82
Size:  102.8 KB

Here is my PC flimsy ... before borders. I forgot to get an all together pic before taking it to the LAQ! The first border is the red cornerstone; the outer border the blue sashings. Both are Fusions Mists. Binding will be in the blue, with a red flange.
    Name:  PC-AllTogether (2).JPG
Views: 117
Size:  1.54 MB

And that's all for now ... the first I tried to post, it only gave the attachment, but no view. I've managed this for now, and will try again later for my FWS pics.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 05-24-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Did I QuiltE? I don't remember making more PC quilts

I took another picture of the quilting and changed it a bit with Picture Manager. Maybe you can see it better now? It's some kind of paisley design.
    Silly woman ... you know you did more PCs!
    I can see it a bit better, and will study it later to see if I can figure it out.
    You've come a long way in a short time with your FMQ ... I can only pray for a little of the progress for myself!

MiraB ... I forgot in my earlier post ... Yes, I SO agree ... and wish you lived closer, to share your expertise IRL and help coach me along!

Anael ... You ARE closer ... but just not close enough!

All ... same thing goes ........ so for now, everyone, please indulge me and all my inquisitiveness!!!

QuiltE, if you would come here you're somewhere in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Marking ... I use Frixxions but mostly for wrong side markings. I have found they can bleach the fabrics when ironed off, so am hesitant when doing top work. The old test-test-test is vital!
    However, I have found and read that the whitish line will wash out (usually on dark fabrics). Try dampening one with water and see if that does not take it off.

Anael - another stunning quilt from you. Gorgeous!!!

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ggal, that's an awesome block Carrie made for you. I'm with QE--I'm a little intimidated by that block. And your Sam is too cute!

Anael, this will be such a happy week-end for your family. Yay twins--you are awesome. I love your wall hanging. The pattern is so nice and that fabric is to die for. Yinz have me so in awe of your FMQ. Mine still looks like a kindergartener did it!

I'm going to try to post a pic of my Pony (Donkey) quilt. I had trouble trying to post a pic the other day. I love seeing them all again.Name:  Pony Club Quilt.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.00 MB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I love seeing all the PC quilts again; and get goose bumps just looking at everyone of them!! Think GardenGal has posted hers before too..but I guess she has been a little busy...love her MB and her SS.

Anael ... oh how I would so love to!

JeanieG ... guess I'd better do some more testing and find out!

JanRN ... we'll hold each others hands and tackle that one together!

QNSue ... me too! It's a nice trip down memory lane ... and where is your PC/FWS photo?

Now I'll see if I can get the FWS pics to upload without problems!
    Name:  FWSQuilt1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.56 MB
    And then we have a whole cloth (with seams) on the back. Every block but two have different designs.
    Name:  FWSQuilt20.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  1.54 MB
    I don't really like this photo, but it shows the setting triangle and border quilting.
    Name:  FWSQuilt6.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  1.56 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 05-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Here is a photo of one half of my Pony Club Quilt, the other half is still in a box and I need to get it out and start thinking about a border for it. I have this one sandwiched, ready to start quilting. I agree, it is so fun to see them all again.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

De-layed, QuiltE, I am working on arrangement of sewing machines in quilt room and moving the stash around, uprooting everything until it is a large mess. There's my old Bernina 1530 on a new folding stand; the new Bernina 550 on its own school desk sewing cabinet, fully assembled now. Going to bring out my Bernette serger on the old typewriter table after the table for the Embroidery machine comes in on the first. Firsts, all of it, for me, to have tables and machines available, just to go into the Quilt Room and sew....sew....sohappy!! No, dh has not noticed the E. machine, and I am not announcing its home coming.....yet.

Have the borders cut for the PC, but not sewn on yet; that is next week.

Oooohhh these quilts still take my breath away they are all so exquisite.

Frixion pens - I do NOT use the black one, it seems to leave a white line after pressing, but the green and purple do not, forgot to mention that before.

Will try and take some pics this weekend of the quilting process on my lap quilt, if I get to it..
    Karen

Quilting on the Square are offering another free BOM, this one is also paper pieced but I am kind of liking it, the blocks are 12 x 14 inches a bit different

I tried to do a link but it wouldn't work aarrrggghhhh trying again

http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/
    Karen

It works fine, Mirabelle. Thank you for sharing. More for the file 'goin do that someday'...just don't know when. With the new added sewing machine maybe I can sew twice as fast!

Irises are in full bloom; peonies are almost out. "Night Owl" rose is blooming. But its cold...turned the furnace back on heat.

Blog Entries
    mercysland, don't you love all the things we share--flowers, food, animals, let alone our passion for quilting? Hope all continues to improve for you. Chronic conditions are bummers to deal with--I know from personal experience as well.

I'm loving the re posts of the PC Quilts. Mine's a WIP, but I have saved scans of the blocks and put them in EQ7 and have come up with a plan for my quilt. It's set on point with a 4" outer border so will make a large quilt. It uses 56 blocks. Some of my completed blocks don't play as well with on point setting so they will go into a quilt with my Bonus Blocks--no plan for that one yet.
    Here's my EQ design. The "black" setting squares and border is actually a navy and blue leaf pattern from Kansas Troubles.Name:  PC plan  on point 56 blocks.BMP
Views: 139
Size:  661.5 KB

Okay have a list of things to add--saved on a scratch pad--but DH is back from the field and I'll be out discing the sod I disc chiseled earlier. I disc chiseled corn stocks with some great organic material (aka manure) earlier today. Will catch up with you all later.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh, I really like those PP patterns Mirabelle. They look kind of complicated, wonder if my skill level is up to it!

Karen--like Jeanie I like the new BOM. I was looking around the site and like this one too...if/when they sell the pattern I might even try EPP. Maybe I just like it because of the colorway/fabrics though (KT). http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=2133

Jeanie--if you look at the pp'ing layouts, there aren't too many more pieces than some of the PC blocks...plus the blocks finish bigger too.

Blog Entries
    Jeanie don't worry--I think you can do those blocks mirabelle linked.

And yes I'm back--disc is so much wider than chisel plow and could go faster as well. Done for the day outside, but all those things that get left undone are staring me in the face. Guess I don't want to stare at them back

Today's the 24th and I have been to town to mail my MB. Oh dear how will she know it's coming? I do have to run to town in the am--not sure if the PO is open though.

Anael is enjoying her weekend treat!! Yeah. And big brother can get close to them as well. Truly a sign of no hospital trips to come. FMQ 3 finger bow is so cute. BTW I have a bit of the dark fabric you used in your Mod Celtic quilt. Very nice.

Re: labels. I only made ones for the AAQI donations because they require it! Also made labels on the Doll Quilts I exchanged on the DQ swap here on the board.

Re: marking. I use a Hera marker for straight lines--works great on diagonal lines. Here's an example. My FMQ is just that--trying go beyond stippling--still a challenge--although I can free hand words pretty good. Name:  php0yUbeaAM-hera-marker-300x224.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  22.3 KB

DD what fantastic scenery! The rock formations are amazing.

GGal--Carrie did a grand job on your Pineapple block. Red centers create a uniting factor in your MB's. Oh what a cute OSam quilt. I should make one for our Sam--he's the 2 1/2 yo who climbs up into the haymow maneuvering the barricade his dad nailed to the ladder and has master the skill of making a return descent around said barricade.

Going to cut some hexie fabric. Sure like using freezer paper for these. QE what did you use?

After bouncing on the lawn mower for 4 hours yesterday and bouncing in the tractor today I think I need some R&R! And I think the lawn mower job was worse on the body than the tractor driving.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, Americans. OBTW do other countries have a remembrance day? If so what and when?

Carrie--I can see you doing that Moxie quilt!
    Last edited by oksewglad; 05-24-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 159 of 542 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 158 159 160 169 209 259 ... LastLast